Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

Recommended Posts

Koreans Vote For Their Favorite TV Shows Of April

by K. Lew

Koreans have voted for their favorite television programs for the month of April.

On April 23, Gallup Korea released the results of their survey data of Koreans on their favorite television shows. Conducted from April 16 to 18, the survey covered 1,001 men and women above the age of 19 all over Korea. Each participant was asked to state up to two of their favorite programs.

 

4. KBS “Mother of Mine” (3.0 percent)

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1319565wpp/koreans-vote-for-their-favorite-tv-shows-of-april

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Currently watching the latest epsiodes.. Thoughts when I'm done... but right now I'm on the part where IS asked TJ toi always be by her side. Ugh!

 

I'm gonna  hate TJ if he chooses to side with IS or his chairman father!  The conflict for this dram and happen once MR finds out abput TJ status and who he is and what his relationship with IS and chaiman. TJ and MR . Back to the drama.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MR obviously remembers her mom eventhough she abandoned her since she was 6..

 

there must be a reason y she left MR to SJ right? urghh i want to knowwww.. i hope there’s a reason behind it. or else it would be too sad to know she abandoned her only child jst because she wanted a new life ~~ 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TJ and MR. scenes.  Thank you writer! I love all of their scenes.  The drunk confession, MR drinking beer thinking of what happened, TJ drinking whisking reflecting on  days every. The elevator scene,  the glances, the dinner,  the spring scene..omg!  TJ MR :love:

 

What's so good about them is they're both adults. Mature. They both have strong minds. Strong dispostion. They say what they want to say and they need to say it. Hong Jong Hyun and Kim So Yeon good acting. They have that chemistry on screen. Who'd have thought Hong Jong Hyun is 10 yrs younger than  Kim So Yeon in real life. He's manly and mature from the physical appearance to actions, acting,  and the character well written for him. For both of them.  I always like to watch KYS.

 

 Getting all excited for next week's  episodes.  Yeah what's with TJ reaction when MR introduced him to  her family.

 

TJ better not hurt MR.  I'm dreading MR finding out about TJ relationship with the chairman and her boss and  being the heir of Hansung.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jongski said:

They have that chemistry on screen. Who'd have thought Hong Jong Hyun is 10 yrs younger than  Kim So Yeon in real life

 

ikr? they make a cute on screen couple... :wub:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

MR obviously remembers her mom eventhough she abandoned her since she was 6..

 

there must be a reason y she left MR to SJ right? urghh i want to knowwww.. i hope there’s a reason behind it. or else it would be too sad to know she abandoned her only child jst because she wanted a new life ~~ 

When In Sook visited Sun Ja she called her Hyung-nim. They must have been sisters-in-law at one point. Sun Ja was married to the older brother and In Sook was married to the younger one. 

 

Right now it appears In Sook met the rich man and dumped Mi Ri. However, as we know in Kdrama land, all is not what it seems. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jongski said:

TJ and MR. scenes.  Thank you writer! I love all of their scenes.  The drunk confession, MR drinking beer thinking of what happened, TJ drinking whisking reflecting on  days every. The elevator scene,  the glances, the dinner,  the spring scene..omg!  TJ MR :love:

 I just knew that you`ll love the scenes. :D The writer did a good job. She knows when to make cute scenes and when they had to be serious.

 

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Who'd have thought Hong Jong Hyun is 10 yrs younger than  Kim So Yeon in real life. He's manly and mature from the physical appearance to actions, acting,  and the character well written for him. For both of them

From someone who doesn`t like noona romance much, It is a big compliment. I didn`t worry much because Soyeon made a succesful couple with Sung Joon, who was ten years younger as well. For the bigger part, the writer can make a couple to work on screen. I love more how this writer constructed the characters in this drama. Hope she will continue to give them a proper story till the end.  

 

2 hours ago, jongski said:

TJ better not hurt MR.  I'm dreading MR finding out about TJ relationship with the chairman and her boss and  being the heir of Hansung.

 

Tae Joo is a good man and he will have to pass the maturity test when he will face hardship. I will feel sorry for him when Mi ri will reject him because of her own feelings but I wish he will give her the time to process all, to give her time to heal. So far he proved that he is very perceptive, he feels empathy. He can be torn between his feelings (family vs love) but he should take the right decision.  He should be patience and be a strong support for Mi Ri. 

I expect Mi ri to think about Tae Joo`s situation as well, to want to leave quickly the vicious circle of self-pity. I want her to have compasion for herself too, to open up to others. If she will want to break away from him compleatly, I will support her decision but I doubt it is going to happen. I don`t know what the writer prepared for us. But I want something mature, a gradual healing for both of them. I am a little nervious and asked myself if the writer is capable to give me what I want. I want to trust her compleatly. We`ll see.

 

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

When In Sook visited Sun Ja she called her Hyung-nim. They must have been sisters-in-law at one point. Sun Ja was married to the older brother and In Sook was married to the younger one. 

 This  was what everyone thought about it but we still don`t know for sure.  Korean honorifics are complicated. I heard the younger brother of Sun ja using "hyung nim" as well a few times.

 

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

Right now it appears In Sook met the rich man and dumped Mi Ri. However, as we know in Kdrama land, all is not what it seems

 

No matter her reasons , she did abandon her daughter and never looked back after so many years. I want to know more about her past. Even if it was just a selfish decision (to do something for herself, for her career, for her life), Mi Ri needs this conversation. She has to know the whole truth. 

In Sook said that Sun ja and Seung yeon must remain the way they are now (to not appear in her life) because it is the best for all. Why? I don`t see right now why it is best for Mi ri and Sun ja. 

No matter what happened in the past, In sook has to protect her daughter for now on if she will find out the truth about her identity. She could redeem herself in my eyes if she will do everything in her power to make Mi Ri`s life better, even from afar. She should be her top priority.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, larus said:

Tae Joo is a good man and he will have to pass the maturity test when he will face hardship. I will feel sorry for him when Mi ri will reject him because of her own feelings but I wish he will give her the time to process all, to give her time to heal. So far he proved that he is very perceptive, he feels empathy. He can be torn between his feelings (family vs love) but he should take the right decision.  He should be patience and be a strong support for Mi Ri. 

I expect Mi ri to think about Tae Joo`s situation as well, to want to leave quickly the vicious circle of self-pity. I want her to have compasion for herself too, to open up to others. If she will want to break away from him compleatly, I will support her decision but I doubt it is going to happen. I don`t know what the writer prepared for us. But I want something mature, a gradual healing for both of them. I am a little nervious and asked myself if the writer is capable to give me what I want. I want to trust her compleatly. We`ll see.

@larus I agree. MR being how she is,  will be the one to walk way and reject. I'm with you. When the revelation comes it will be hard more so for her, and situation. And that will happen at time when she's developing feelings for TJ.   They will need gradual healing.  I'm going to be heartbroken for both of them.

 

I just know that TJ will be torn. I mean what if he finds out first who is MR biological mother. How will his relationship with IS and MR be. I also feel that at some point in the drama, we'll see the return of the mother. Real mother of TJ which will add to the conflict and turmoil.  MR  will go through of lot of  emotional hurt . I want TJ to be there for her..

 

1 hour ago, larus said:

I love more how this writer constructed the characters in this drama. Hope she will continue to give them a proper story till the end.  

Yes.  Imagine domestic life.. MR with her own child and TJ as her husband. Please proper story till the end. I dont like open ending.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jongski said:

I just know that TJ will be torn. I mean what if he finds out first who is MR biological mother. How will his relationship with IS and MR be. I also feel that at some point in the drama, we'll see the return of the mother. Real mother of TJ which will add to the conflict and turmoil.  MR  will go through of lot of  emotional hurt . I want TJ to be there for her..

 

For Tae Joo will be difficult because he loves both of them, he can`t  take one side when the both women are opposites. I think he will undertand Mi ri`s situation but he can`t turn his back on In Sook either. I think he will be a mediator between them. 

Tae Joo`s  biological mother died when he was four. In Sook took the place of a new mother for him. The step mother of Tae Joo doesn`t mean anything for him. His father complained that Tae Joo never adressed her as "eomoni". But it is interesting if she will come in the story. Her interest is that her son who is ten right now to be the heir.

 

Mi Ri will go through emotional turmoil so that`s why Tae Joo has to support and understand her. Mi ri opens up towards Tae Joo and when she find out the truth, she will be really hurt . I am afraid a little of her reaction. 

 

Yeah... I am going to be heartbroken for both of them too.

I am praying for at least one month of cuteness until more serious stuff will come. :D

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am loving this drama..TJ's character is different from the typical kdrama rich chaebol. Somehow he does not have that attachment and desire for power and money. He is not arrogant in fact he is very humble and teachable. They are hiding his identity for now so he can be trained 'normally' from the ranks. He is very mature and intelligent. So far, no flaws except that he speaks his mind and heart

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, larus said:

when she find out the truth, she will be really hurt . I am afraid a little of her reaction

 

Yes coz her mother left her and went to raise TJ instead.. I’m not sure if MR can cope with that.. Eventhough TJ is not at fault, but he can be the reminder of IS’ betrayal to MR..  So excited to see how the story will unfold. And MR is so cute with her niece.. she makes the exact sound i made when i see my niece lol.. 

 

Sidenote: Mr Park is so relatable when he said he needs to work to support the cat hahha.. i laughed so hard coz i’m basically the same.. 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, larus said:

 

I will answer if I can. :D Be free to ask as many questions as you want.

 

About Tae Joo calling In Sook "eomoni" (mother), it is a respectful form to call someone who is close to you. Jae Bum called Sun ja the same, because he feels like a part of the family. He was almost her son in law. Tae Joo calls In Sook  eomoni because shewa like a mother to him. She helped rasing him. 

 

@stroppyse explained better at page 16. You can read her explanation.

 

Also, TJ also calls IS "mother" as a shortened form of "small mother" (jag-eun eomoni) which is one of the ways he could call the aunt who was married to his father's younger brother. Just as he could address his uncle as "small father" (jag-eun abeoji). In fact, TJ's father, the chairman, at one point scolds TJ for calling IS "mother" when IS is his "small mother" and the chairman's (second) wife is legally TJ's mother since the chairman's second wife is his current legal wife.

 

Hope this makes sense.

 

However, really, TJ calls IS "mother" because he longs for his own mother and IS is the person who is closest to being his mother, so there are all sorts of name traditions as to how TJ started calling IS his "mother", but it ultimately comes down to because he wants to and she wants him to. IS probably misses her daughter as well, and so welcomed TJ's love and affection for her as a mother. That's my speculation anyway since IS does seem to really love TJ.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imho, i think IS is taking care of TJ and showering him with love in substitute of the daughter she chose to abandon.. probably lessening the motherly guilt she has :neutral: i dun pity her a bit. even the memorial rites scene where she sobbed n clinged onto TJ that he should never let go of her, i find that probably just an avenue for her to “claim” recognition since the Han family do not accept her totally. im spiteful, haha the moment she stepped into SJ restaurant and demanded them to ignore each other’s presence, i hated her. and she is just feeding herself with fake information that her daughter is doing well in US to lessen her guilt.. haha i bear grudges :grimace: given the styreotype of kdramas.. i dun think IS will realise MR is her daughter until probably much later. there will have many missed chances for her to find the truth.. and probably TJ’s childhood friend (forgot her name) will come into the picture.. or TJ’s dad will try matchmake one of those rich madams (at the restaurant drinking wine with IS) daughter to strengthen the business.. blah blah blah

MS and her crybaby husband.. many questioned why she would pick such an immature husband.. i think, maybe they were tipsy and did something out of folly and voila! Da Bin! so ya, they are together.. lol :joy:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i honestly hv no idea why MS didnt hire a nanny to take care of DB.. if money is the problem, didnt MR offer to pay for it.?. instead she makes her mom do everything for her.. anddd she complaint a lot.. the only tolerable daughter so far is MR... poor SJ.. she has to take care of DB, clean the house and cook for them.. on top of that she has a bussiness to run.. my own sweet mother would literally disowned me if i make her clean my house or cook for me lol. 

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to go and re-watch Kim so yeon's I need romance 3 to pass the time to get me ready for this week's episodes...She's such a great actress and every show she's been in she's had great chemistry with her co-stars. Like literally they should give her more dramas since she's so good at what she does.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

imho, i think IS is taking care of TJ and showering him with love in substitute of the daughter she chose to abandon.. probably lessening the motherly guilt she has :neutral: i dun pity her a bit. even the memorial rites scene where she sobbed n clinged onto TJ that he should never let go of her, i find that probably just an avenue for her to “claim” recognition since the Han family do not accept her totally.

 

Yes, she compensates with her love for Tae Joo what she did not do for her daughter. She feels that she was not accepted fully in the family. She clinged on Tae Joo, because she is the only one who loves her.

She won`t like to know that Tae Joo has feelings for Mi ri. She already declines to talk about her with Tae Joo. After trying to take her side twice in front of In Sook, Tae Joo showed that he cares for his boss more than usual. I think she is starting to suspect sopmething.

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 23, 2019

 

'Mother roles are diverse enough to make a whole genre'

Actress speaks of mother roles

 

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

 

optimize

Actress Kim Hae-sook / Courtesy of June&I

 

Actress Kim Hae-sook was given the nickname "National Mother." Since she earned recognition for her role in the 2000 hit drama "Autumn in My Heart" playing the role of the mother of the lead actress Song Hye-kyo, Kim has garnered so many "mother" roles in dramas and films. 

 

The 63-year old veteran actress has at times played the role of a less educated, street smart middle aged mother with short-permed hair in romantic comedies, other times she was a mother who scarifies herself for her children. In the ongoing KBS drama "Mother of Mine," she plays a down-to-earth mother who always argues with her three daughters. 

 

Kim says she once felt that her mother roles were like something that limited her acting spectrum. "When my roles were fixed to mothers, I really wanted to get out of it and play someone else. To me, then, all mother characters were deemed as the same old things. I felt some stress, too," she said during a recent interview. "Being afraid that I might be replicating myself, I worked up to portray my new mother role differently from the previous ones. I felt like I was walking a hazy road, without knowing where I was going," she said 

 

Then her 2006 movie "Sunflower" changed her mind, she says. It made her realize that all mothers are in fact different. In the film Kim played a mother who adopts her son's killer and takes care of him. 

 

"Then I realized that even if motherly love is one word to describe it, depicting all mothers with their own histories and circumstances cannot be the same. So each mother has their own way of expressing that motherly love," she said. "Now I say to people that mother characters are diverse enough to make a whole genre. My wish is to play all the different mothers that exist in the world." 

 

Kim has returned to the big screen with yet another version of a mother this time. In the movie "The Big Shot," released on April 18, she plays widowed mother Soon-ok who wants to give her all for her son who is on death row. 

 

The mother, who doesn't know how to write, learns Hangeul in order to write petition letters to save her son.

 

In her clumsy hand-written letter to her imprisoned son, Soon-ok wrote "I will become the wind and I will always stay beside you." 

 

Kim said that letter reminded of her own mother who passed away five years ago. "When I was reading that part, I was in tears," she said. 

 

"This is a small movie but while watching this film, I hope people will be able to think about their families and loved ones they take for granted. Nowadays, there aren't many movies telling stories of family. In this moment, I think it is meaningful to have a movie that tells a beautiful touching family story."


jinhai@koreatimes.co.kr 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Ratings] "Mother of Mine" Sets Record With 32.1%

2019/04/21 | 435 views | Permalink | Source

photo1055031.jpg

The KBS 2TV weekend drama "Mother of Mine" rated 26.3% and 32.1%. The numbers went up by 6.9% and set a record.

Kim Hae-sook (Park Seon-ja) and Yoo Sun's (Kang Mi-seon) rift became deeper. Working-mom Yoo Sun had always been in debate with her husband Lee Won-jae-IV (Jeong Jin-soo) for being ignorant about helping her with the housework and childcare. Kim Hae-sook wasn't happy with her son-in-law as well and this led to a hostile relationship between them as well.

When Park Jung-soo (Ha Mi-ok) found out that Lee Won-jae-IV had been bullied by Kim Hae-sook, she took the anger out on Yoo Sun. Yoon Sun tried to resolve things between Kim Hae-sook and Lee Won-jae-IV but they had an even bigger argument.

 

https://www.hancinema.net/ratings-mother-of-mine-sets-record-with-32-1percent-128871.html

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...