Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

5 hours ago, bananacad said:

I also love the scene between MS and MR. We learn that SJ's husband died and that's why she had to raise her 3 daughters by herself. And MR's biological father also died and that's why IS remarried. (the scene where MR compared IS to SJ. And how unfortunate she feels that she carries IS's blood, the one who remarried and abandoned her daughter, instead of SJ who suffered through it raising 3 kids alone) Perhaps... SJ's first husband (MR's biological dad) and SJ's husband were good friends? or business pals? And both died from an unfortunate event? This is a pretty wild guess. 

I loved Mi ri and Mi sun`s scene. Not only because the sister had a bonding moment but I loved it because it was a good scene for Soyeon. It was showed how deep is Mi ri`s emotional scar. She resents her mother so much that she feels that she should drain all her blood from her veines. And it is the same when she drunk so much because she wanted to forget her mother completely. There is a struggle in Mi Ri. She is angry but in the same time she misses her mom. I think she never stopped waiting for her. 

I also loved the scene where Mi ri came to sleep with Sun ja. Lovely moment.

Speaking of Sun ja. We found out that she was a widow for ten years and that she lived hard times.

About Mi sun and San ja`s argument... It was unfortunate but they are both stubborn women and had their part of guilt. Poor uncle Young-Dal. The mediator between the women. Even using his body as a shield. :D

I liked the moment between Mi ri and Mi Hye. They talked and we even found out how Mi Hye helped Mi ri took the medicine in her place when they were young. :D Maybe we`ll see Mi Hye and Mi Sun`s scene too.

I find it funny when Mi hye asked her mother to whom she will give the restaurant as inheritance. Because she is a little blunt/undiplomatic, it came wrong... :lol: I thought about the same thing as Mi Hye. I knew that she will try to spend time in the Sun ja`s restaurant as a way to find her new way outside writing. She thinks she should concentrate on the business because it could be hers one day. 

BTW, people should stop pushing Mi Hye around. She is not an object.

4 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

I too have been curious about what TJ would do about his father's take on office romance. I feel like he won't be able to control his feelings...just because from what we've seen so far, he's gone out of his way to continue interactions with MR.

The good quality of Tae Joo is that he is a mature man who knows what he wants. He speaks his mind and he is independent. His father knows him well. He knows that he is not a calculated man. He is diven by his heart and his father wishes that he would not form an attachment to people. Chairman Han thinks that his son is still young and his soft side is a disadvantage for business.

Tae Joo is capable to confront his father to defend his love. He even left home when he was younger and tried to live alone without his father`s help. He is not attached to fortune. It will be interesting how Chairman Han will manipulate the future events to his advantage, to do what he wants. 

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

TJ is worried since IS said that she will find the chance to remove MR from her position to punish her.. haha, i must say.. women bear lots more grudges than men :lol: i think the plot in the earlier page of the synopsis could be true, MR might get replaced by TJ.. there is going to be a lot of betrayal and hatred building up, and hopefully some nice closure not too late at the end of the whole drama..

The worst thing to do is that Mi ri would be replaced by a newbie. It will be horrible.  What Mi ri would have done to be downgraded like this? The bigger humiliation won`t be. Mi Ri should quit if that`s the case.

Tae Joo will get a promotion soon but I wish he will have a similar post as Mi Ri and they will have to colaborate. Or he will get a bigger executive post. I suspect the later could happen. Instead of Mi ri`s promotion, Tae Joo will get it instead. Tae joo is still new in the company but the Chairman will give him the job because he is the heir and to create discomfort to his son`s relationship with Mi ri. We`ll see.

• Like 5

BTS picture

The office team had a drink outside work?

Other BTS pictures

Kim Hae Sook, PD and the filming crew

• Like 4
  • Love 1

i just started watching this drama and i like it! currently on ep 5.. :D

.. i watched wang’s family and my father is strange and i hv to watch this one too coz kim hae sook is on it.. 

anyway despite the age gap btween Miri and Taejoon, i find them quite compatible together.. the chemistry is there.. look forward to see more of them..

• Like 5

Fan posters

Spoiler

Tae Joo met Mi sun and he will meet Sun ja and Young-Dal. Soon, he will meet all her family. Sun Ja will like him very much. :P

I hope she will remember the deal... when he will feel down she will give him "Mi Ri chance". :D

I love this picture

• Like 4
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i need a little help.. currently im on ep 5 and im not sure why Miri hates her new boss aka TJ’s mum? are they some sort related? 

Miri's new boss is her mother that abandon her when she was little

Because of this drama, I am  now a new fan of Hong Jong Hyun.. Does anybody know if he has a thread under actors/actress thread? Cant seem to find it..

I have always been a fan of Kim So Yeon since Prosecutor Princess..

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ell4u said:

Does anybody know if he has a thread under actors/actress thread? Cant seem to find it..

I just checked to see if there is a thread and there is one.

Look for the thread on Actors Directory Thread and you`ll find it.

34 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

so she was adopted? 

Yes, Sun ja adopted her and gave her a new name. Her old name was Seung Yeon.

We are curious what family relationship there is between In Sook and Sun ja. We thought that they could be sisters in law or maybe they are stepsisters or old friends. We`ll find out later in the story.

In Sook has abandoned her daughter when she was six years old. She was a famous anchor and she married Tae Joo`s uncle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@larus Thanks for the immediate reply.. tried clicking his name in the directory but an error page comes out.. too bad.. really want to spazz about him which is inappropriate in the drama thread..

anyway, im really liking this drama.. the story and the main cast.. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, larus said:

In Sook has abandoned her daughter when she was six years old

so that’s y she hates her.. hurm i wonder if her biological mom knows Miri is her daughter.... i will try to catch up asap bfore the new ep is out so i can understand a bit more about the family dynamic.. the only comment i have so far is about the youngest sister’s acting..  she seems to be overacting abit but maybe her character is meant to be annoying? ..i dunno... 

sidenote: Misun’s MIL is insufferable.. no wonder her son is no good at all..tsk tsk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

so that’s y she hates her.. hurm i wonder if her biological mom knows Miri is her daughter.... i will try to catch up asap bfore the new ep is out so i can understand a bit more about the family dynamic..

No, In Sook doesn`t know she is her daughter. At first, Jeon In Sook, the new CEO of Hansung Apparel, wanted to be close to Mi Ri . She was the only female among the other executives but Mi Ri kept her at a distance, she was always cold to her. In Sook changed her attitude towards Mi Ri when the young executive asked her bluntly what has happened with her daughter and the final blow, when Mi Ri challenged her decision at the directors` meeting. 

Mi Ri was impulsive and she  has regreted what she did that but it is too late. The proud In Sook won`t stay still when a young director is contesting her authority. She might think that Mi Ri wants her position some day too.

the only comment i have so far is about the youngest sister’s acting..  she seems to be overacting abit but maybe her character is meant to be annoying? ..i dunno...  

I think it is both. She doesn`t have experience but the character is supposed to be over the top and annoying as well. She won the auditions for this role. I don`t think the PD would have let her perform like this if it was not in the script. The audience did not like her at all but I get used to her style. She toned down in the later episodes.

sidenote: Misun’s MIL is insufferable.. no wonder her son is no good at all..tsk tsk. 

Of course. In a way, they are in the role of the antagonists. This drama doesn`t have villians but any drama needs characters who will be "hate". :P

Most people are fastfowarding their scenes, but I am not. They are hilarious.  I have tolerance for not so perfect character, sometimes I like to watch good villians more than the heroes. This time I can watch them because they are just people with flaws  and their behaviour is criticized in the show by other characters. They became ridiculous too and that brings humor.  Their behavior backfires most of the time in this drama. How it will be Bugs Bunny or Road Runner in the cartoons without Wile Coyote?  :lol: 

The show needs Mi Ok and Jin Soo. They are self centered. Her son is so immature that he needs an intervention fast. If Mi Ok would have been like other typical mother in law from Hell from other shows, where the daughter in law would stay in front of her without saying nothing,  I will be frustrated. At one point, their behavious will have consequences. I  expect Jin Soo to mature by the end of the drama.

Another exemple why I don`t mind seeing Mi Ok as a character, is that this antagonist character brings discussion to the table. In the last episode, there is a scene where Mi Sun talks with her mother in law. I like that scene because Mi sun speaks about a real issue in modern Korean society. How both parents have to take care of their children, how the husband has to help the wife at household chores. Is old mentality versus a modern one.  Is what I wanted to see in this drama. So far so good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ell4u said:

Because of this drama, I am  now a new fan of Hong Jong Hyun.. Does anybody know if he has a thread under actors/actress thread? Cant seem to find it..

I have always been a fan of Kim So Yeon since Prosecutor

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, larus said:

She was a famous anchor and she married Tae Joo`s uncle.

why did TJ call her ‘mom’? if she’s married to his uncle, that makes her his aunt right? sorry i got so many questions 

2 hours ago, larus said:

This time I can watch them because they are just people with flaws  and their behaviour is criticized in the show by other characters. 

i agreed with u.. they’re not evil but more to selfish with zero common sense..  two common traits that are shared by a lot of people in this planet lol.. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

why did TJ call her ‘mom’? if she’s married to his uncle, that makes her his aunt right? sorry i got so many questions 

I will answer if I can. :D Be free to ask as many questions as you want.

About Tae Joo calling In Sook "eomoni" (mother), it is a respectful form to call someone who is close to you. Jae Bum called Sun ja the same, because he feels like a part of the family. He was almost her son in law. Tae Joo calls In Sook  eomoni because shewa like a mother to him. She helped rasing him.

@stroppyse explained better at page 16. You can read her explanation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, larus said:

I will answer if I can. :D Be free to ask as many questions as you want.

Thank you for yr help.. :).. im sure i will ask more after finishing ep 6 and 8.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

Thank you for yr help.. :).. im sure i will ask more after finishing ep 6 and 8.. :sweatingbullets:

We have the advantage to know more. Ep 8? You are catching up! :D

Drama fashion

Spoiler

I still want to know who sings the acoustic quitar song from the last episode (in two of Mi ri and Tae Joo`s scenes).  I did not find the song yet.

• Like 2