[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Hae Sook, Kim So yeon, Yoo Sun and Kim Ha Kyung will appear next week, on 18th April in an episode of variety show Happy Together 4. 

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo5_r1_540.png

Soyeon is nervious on these variety shows but I am glad that she is with the other costars.

The girls look great, especially Kim Hae Sook in red (she has a great hair too).

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo8_r1_540.png

Ok, I approve. :lol:

Spoiler

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo10_r1_540.png

Hong Jong-hyun had an interview on April 11th and talked about his leading ladies costars from the movie Spring, Again, and KBS drama Mother of Mine

201904121338812647_1.jpg

Hong Jong-hyun said, "My sisters seem to be pretty," she said. "I am thankful that I have met a good person and shot without stress."

I admired Kim So yeon's character and attracted my attention.

He said about Soyeon that she is very nice, like an angel. :P

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201904121338812647&ext=na

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=1119394

Not only Hong jong Hyun has a movie to be released recently, but Yoo sun and Kim hae sook have a movie as well.

Coffee truck for Hong Jong Hyun

#kbsdrama My most beautiful daughter in the world #

Filming for Mother of Mine

Stills

Another date between Mi Ri and Tae Joo?

2019041313321635173-540x1114.jpg

Spoiler

In KBS2 weekend drama 'My Beautifulest Daughter in the World' (Screenplay, directed by Kim, Jong - Chang), the trend of change is perceived between Kang Mi Ri (Kim So - yeon) and Han Tae Joo (Hong Jonghyun).

Kang Mi-ryu (Kim So-yeon) and Han Tae-ju (Hong Jonghyun) are getting closer in 'The Most Beautiful Daughter in the World' to be broadcasted today (13th).

Kang Mi-ri and Han-tae joo open up their minds by knowing each other little by little. At the company, she is a cold-tempered Alpha Girl, but at the same time, Kang Mi-ry, who is at home  a little human charm and showed signs of a change of the two persons.

Among these pictures, there are pictures of Kang Mi-ri and Han Tae-soo, who spend their time alone in the Han River late at night. Kang Mi-ri, who looks suspiciously at Han Tae-woo, and Han-Tae-kyung, who looks at her kindly, shows a subtle temperature difference and attracts attention.

(Google translate)

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019041316404

Kdrama fashion

Spoiler

More stills

20190413_1555114649_06813100_1.jpg

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=1119745

Jin Soo has a toned body but showing like this in front of your mother in law....:w00t:

Yoo Sun and cherry blossom

I can not wait to see the cherry blossoms.
It's more like a real spring now!
It was a weekend so I went out to cherry blossoms ..
You still have to go in the evening! .
With my family # My sweetest daughter in the world
If you look, you will not have a better weekend.
Have a good weekend.
I go to work in the bank!

I loved all the scenes with Mi ri and Tae Joo. The next episode it will be much better for them. I can`t wait.

Jin Soo....:w00t: Bad luck, man! To appear in Adam costume in front of your child and mother in law... :w00t:

In Sook went to see Sun ja. She called her unnie. So, they know each other. We`ll see the scene next episode.

I want to hear In sook`s explanation. So many years have passed but she never was curious to hear about her daughter? I really can`t understand her.

In the preview Mi Ri and Tae Joo are having fun together. Mi Ri will meet Chairman Han. I am so curious why they meet. Mi Sun will met Tae Joo as well. :P

The preview

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/motherofmine/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0024-01-524812,read,,8,792453

@stroppyse please,  could you translate this scene? Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lfoO_3Xsxk

3 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

OMGGGGGG i need subtitles!! I CAN'T WAIIIITTTTTT...i have to wait another 10 hours to watch it since it won't come out with subs in my country till then :(

I have to wait much more than ten hours... It is good that we have some articles to tell us what happen in the episode.

I loved the scenes between Mi Ri and Tae Joo. When he saw her alone drinking (I thought it was limonade or a drink from elderflower :lol:) he kept her company. She asked him if it is possible to forget a person completely. Tae joo said that his mother died when he was nine years old and that he did not forget her but his father did forget her.

I think Tae Joo thinks that Mi Ri wants to forget an ex boyfriend. :w00t:

It was so sweet when Tae Joo pushed the button 18 in the elevator to see her home safe. 

I loved that Tae Joo took Mi ri at Han River.  They were having dinner where Han Tae-tae comforted Kang Mi-ri in his own way, saying, "Sometimes it is necessary to erase your thoughts with such spicy things." Tae Joo prepared for her a Han menu. :D Mi Ri wanted to buy desserts when she was about to be hit by some cyclists but Tae Joo saved her. Mi Ri has sprained the foot and we`ll see in the next episode that he is taking care of her. Mi Sun will met Tae Joo. She has a smile on her face when she realises that her sister and her handsome neighbor are close.:P

You're the best seriously @larus!! I loved all the explanations for the scenes- it'll save me just biting off my nails waiting for the episode to come out with subs...sorry i understated how long i'd have to wait...i probably have to wait the same time as you as I'm in Tasmania, Australia

25 minutes ago, Sheenigummy said:

.i probably have to wait the same time as you as I'm in Tasmania, Australia

Is late night for you, isn`t it?

We`ll watch the translated episode after we wake up in the morning.

Next episode will be so cute. Mi ri and Tae Joo playing like kids. :PWe would love their scene, I am sure.

In the first scene, I was curious about, Mi Ri asked about her daughter in order to listen to Jeon In-sook's sincerity. However, Jeon In Sook lied to her that her daughter is in Unites States.

5 hours ago, larus said:

I loved all the scenes with Mi ri and Tae Joo. The next episode it will be much better for them. I can`t wait.

My heart! MR and TJ  ❤️

@larus omg! MR and TJ on date right? reading your post and update.  I can't wait any longer so I'm going to watch it with raw

2 hours ago, larus said:

I loved the scenes between Mi Ri and Tae Joo. When he saw her alone drinking (I thought it was limonade :lol:) he kept her company. She asked him if it is possible to forget a person completely. Tae joo said that his mother died when he was nine years old and that he did not forget her but his father did forget her.

I think Tae Joo thinks that Mi Ri wants to forget an ex boyfriend. :w00t:

I like that they're getting comfortable with each other enough for TJ to talk about his family and his mother.  It means MR is warming up to him and TJ is able to share  something about himself.

2 hours ago, larus said:

I loved that Tae Joo took Mi ri at Han River.  They were having dinner where Han Tae-tae comforted Kang Mi-ri in his own way, saying, "Sometimes it is necessary to erase your thoughts with such spicy things." Tae Joo prepared for her a Han menu. :D Mi Ri wanted to buy desserts when she was about to be hit by some cyclists but Tae Joo saved her. Mi Ri has sprained the foot and we`ll see in the next episode that he is taking care of her. Mi Sun will met Tae Joo. She has a smile on her face when she realises that her sister and her handsome neighbor are close.:P

OMG!   and he's going to take care of her!!  TJ and MR  :love:

We will enjoy ttheir moments because once she finds out his real status in life and in the company... the misunderstanding will come and  MR will be hurt!

10 minutes ago, jongski said:

OMG!   and he's going to take care of her!!  TJ and MR  :love:

We will enjoy ttheir moments because once she finds out his real status in life and in the company... the misunderstanding will come and  MR will be hurt!

He is so thoughtful. When they went home after they drank together, he wanted to be sure she is alright and walked her home (on the 18th floor). She smiled without him noticing. Mi Ri was touched by his gesture. He is sweet. When she hurt her foot, he will take her home. In the next episode, they will have so much fun.

tumblr_ppv06fp3Tr1sdd1ivo3_r1_540.png

:w00t:

I realised when I saw the preview, when Tae Joo run to see In Sook, it will be very hard for him as well when his real status will be discovered. He will be in the middle. He will love Mi Ri but in the same time he can`t get away from In sook. Maybe he will be a mediator between both women.

I am curious how In sook and sun ja know each other.

Another Aussie awake too early. Anyway went to watch ep 7. On low volume so may have missed some stuff.

I was a bit short of time to went to ep 5 and 6 a few days ago. To see if the story was interesting enough to start a 50 episode drama. So seemed to have missed some stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I will continue on as I actually like all 3 actresses playing the mothers. Plus the pace is fast enough. Its really disorienting seeing KTY with the long, flowing artistic locks.

Wasn't MR drinking something alcoholic? The only match I can think of is limoncello. At least she is no knocking down straight whiskey shots.  I am just happy to see Korean food ie ramen vs Subway. Hahaha.

I hope going back go ep 1 will clarify matters. Although I did watch half of it before starting ep 5. Just a few things bugs me. 

The way Korean writers just happily writes parents abandoning their child in every drama. And those children are not young, MR looks as if she is 6 or 7 years old. I think Her Private Life had KJW's character abandoned when he looks like 5 years old or more as well.

How did the show explain why a worker has such a swanky address? They are still addressing each other by their titles. After a gadzillion poor sawons in other dramas this is one confident shinip sawon that's all. Which sawon just ups and goes to their Bujang- nim and which of the team leaders in other dramas goes and does market research/ feedback themselves?

And a Marine? Ok ex- Marine being so nice and innocent? Did I misheard he used to be in the Marines? Looks as if I really have to listen.

And oh yeah its going to be a big mess isn't it? Since his father has a new wife and life. Since In-sook has been so good to him. But chose to abandon her biological daughter.

So she did keep track of Park Sun Ja if she knew where to go. You mean she purposely left her there? Its so late here I had the volume really low. I didn't hear what she told MS.

I know that it will take up to ep 20-30 for the romance to start officially in a weekend drama. I do HTJ and I do like MR. However selling him as an upright, innocent, caring, loving guy and making him look as if he is a polite, loving caring son jars with his  backstory. Isn't his backstory that of him wanting to be independent initially and off to the Marines. That's a lot of determination to step away there from a privileged background. Then he comes back and comes across as all smiles and amiable amble at all. Really jarring. 

@stroppyse oops that what happens when you watch it at 4am with almost no volume. Lol. Lemon soju? Gosh. In that fancy bar? I do remember lemon and flavoured soju yes. That's the only way I want to try it since I can't stomach 20% of just straight alcohol. 

You know where I live our award winning vodka is green native ants vodka? Since we are talking colourlese alcohol.

Yeah the hyungnim part surprised me. I wasn't thinking of a sister in law relationship. I was thinking something else. But in those instances it would be just umni unless BJ was working in a company prior to the shop. And since she was an announcer maybe it was a sister in law relationship. Who knows. Either way it's set up to be complicated. Any couple who has the girl's mother be her guy's jageun eomma. And her eomma is her maybe keun eomma- if the hyungnim part is via mariage- is just a mess.

It does my head in with every drama it happens. Those relationship issues. The only reason why I pay attention to it as the degree of relationships makes a difference with the plot devices the writer comes up with. And if you use the English subs you won't get it. 

I need to get back to packing since it's school holidays now and we're going away. No time for Kdramas. I just thinking about KSY when she was in All about Eve. Her features are so sharp now.

I'M SO EXCITEEEEDDDD can't wait for the next episode...one day feels so long when you're anticipating another episode. Urg...i really like how TJ even though he's so boyish- is just the man for MR. He observes her and cares about her and can't stop looking at her! I really wish her charms would come out more...i know the writers are slowly building up but i can't help but feel so impatient. Also IS i'm guessing might be the sister of SJ's husband or related in that way. MS's husband is the worst. He can't even see how much other people are slogging around him. He's so selfish and entitled. His mother is even worse still. Such a selfish and thoughtless woman. Her poor husband!

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

subs are out on the episode, but here is a translation anyway. Sorry, I was late checking on the thread today. It's tax season, so I've been a bit buried.

Thanks a lot! I read your translation before I watched the episode. I know how hard it is to keep up with this Forum when you are busy.

Wow, that is some bald-faced lying by IS after having abandoned her daughter to SJ. I was actually a bit shocked that she would lie like that, especially since it could so readily be proven to be a lie in this day of connectivity. Then again, I guess IS was relying on MR not being a reporter who could factcheck her. This is going to hurt both of them so much when IS realizes that she told such lies to her own daughter whom she did not even recognize as her own daughter.

The question bothered In Sook but she saved face inventing a story. That sending the kids at such a young age in a foreign country for their "own good" (for education or to "protect her from those reporters who loved gossip" ) is a weak explanation but she needed an answer quickly.

We learn little bits of information but not all. It makes us guess or wonder what is the real reason.

I wonder if IS is finally going to be curious of what happened to her daughter, after she flashed back to that alternate universe scene where MR cries and cries, but instead of just leaving, IS asks her why she's crying and not demanding to know where her mother is going. It implies that IS does have regrets over abandoning her daughter that way.

In Sook said that ever since she has quit being an announcer a lot of people tried to pry into her private life and that`s why she send her daughter away, in the States. My question is, she was an announcer when she abandoned her daughter o she did it before she got the job? I don`t think the public knew about her daughter because I don`t see a reason to abandone a child when people already knows about that. I still believe that she left Mi ri because she had a job oportunity and she felt that a child was slowing her down in her career or that she met Vice president Han and did not want her family status to interfer entering the family. 

In Sook did have regrets for abandoning her daughter but she did it anyway. When Mi Ri start crying she reproached why Mi ri won`t call her out and just crying like a fool. She told her to be tough to survive in this world and if it is happening again, she should called her out and demand to do something for her, to not cry alone. Mi Ri is crying alone when she has a hard time. She won`t confess to anyone that she has a hard time emotionally. Tae Joo saw her in those time and he is trying to give a little comfort. Mi Ri should talked to her older sister or Sun Ja, she should asked bluntly In Sook WHY she abandoned her? Mi Ri did nothing wrong. In Sook should make amends.

I would probably saying nothing too, but that`s not a solution to resolve the problem. Mi Ri buried in her heart a lot of pain. The trauma of being abandoned was not resolved. She has to open up little by litle, to go out of her system all the insecurities, angry feelings, frustration. Because In Sook apperead in her life as a boss, it makes things hard but they both have to deal with this. The drama has put this on scene as an opportunity to solve this problem.  I will look forward to Mi Ri and In sook`s scenes.

12 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

The way Korean writers just happily writes parents abandoning their child in every drama. And those children are not young, MR looks as if she is 6 or 7 years old. I think Her Private Life had KJW's character abandoned when he looks like 5 years old or more as well.

The writers want to bring drama to their shows but unfortunetly, this is not something we met only in dramas. I have read articles about adoption and single women in Korea to know that things are not simple.

I feel sorry for Mi ri because she was the innocent here, but  I do not condem In Sook compleatly without knowing all the facts. I would like to see in this drama the reason why a woman who loves her daughter has to abandon her. The life of a single woman with a child or of a working mother in modern Korean society is difficult but 30 years ago must have been worst. 

I read about real situations where women with a child have to abandon him/her to be able to marry again. The writers of kdramas don`t write these situation just to creat conflict, it is a sad reality who can be brought to discution in kdramas/ through kdramas.

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, this is why I think that IS and SJ have a familial ex-in-law relationship of some kind, meaning that SJ's husband was the older brother to IS' first husband.

Thanks for the ionformation. At first I thought that In Sook called her unnie but after watching again, I realised that she called her "hyungnim".

It makes sense that In sook left her daughter to someone in the family. At fist I thought that she was the daughter of Sun ja`s huband or Sun ja had family ties with her. If Mi Ri was the daughter of Sunja`s husband at that time, she is a Kang family member. I hope we know more about Sun ja`s husband and Kang family. We know that Sun ja struggled poverty and to have another child to raise was difficult. I think Mi ri got lucky that Sun ja was a wonderful woman who adopted her as her own daughter and not treat her like a burden.

1 hour ago, Sheenigummy said:

MS's husband is the worst. He can't even see how much other people are slogging around him. He's so selfish and entitled. His mother is even worse still. Such a selfish and thoughtless woman. Her poor husband!

Like mother, like son. They are so self-centered. It is nothing wrong to want to have leisure activities but keep things in proportions. Going in vacation with the guys in Alps? Why not going in a family vacantion and go fishing with the guys on weekends from time to time? He doesn`t spend time with his daughter at all. He stills want a bachelor life. Grow Up, man! 

His mother reciting a poem! :lol: She said that she is forced to feed her husband three meals a day? What a hypocrite! Like her son, she is out of reality. One thing is to spend some free time with your friends and the other to do what she likes without concern of her family. 

Jae Bum coming to meet Woo Jin! Poor Winnie the Pooh! He wanted to check the competition. Mi Hye made a right step on the right path. She accepted the job as the part timer and she will have a space to write if she wants.

I enjoyed watching even the conversation about "nothing" in this drama. It is just real life situations.

Sun ja is making stewed hairtail and Jin soo has to brag about it to his father who still craving for tonguefish.

Is with radish or potato? I think Dae Cheol likes it with radish. :D

hairtail-alley-namdaemun-market-seoul-10

Su Ja, invite Dae Cheol to eat too! Poor man! :D

Kim ha Kyung and Ye Rim behind the scene.

2019041314040458677_1555131844.jpg

http://nc.asiae.co.kr/view.htm?idxno=2019041314043755480

Sun ja and In Sook

1VHV2SBY49_1.jpg

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1VHV2SBY49

Actually, TJ remarks that it was lemon soju. I think flavored sojus are becoming a thing in Korea, kind of like flavored vodkas.

Lemon soju

Spoiler

IMG_3609-copy-600x400.png?x61413

That I would drink. I don`t think I would like just soju. 

A few cute fan made posters

Spoiler

I forgot to mention  about a scene with Tae Joo and Director Park. Director Park is a nice man and he has a daughter, So yun.  Were Tae Joo and So yun childhood friends?

tumblr_ppv06fp3Tr1sdd1ivo4_r1_540.png

I wonder if she will appear in Tae Joo`s life later.

Another thing... In Sook hates darkness. She doesn`t like to go home and she doesn` t see the lights. Does she have a fear of darkness? 

I watched LIVE.

Mi ri and Tae Joo...:D:wub: She is falling for him but she doesn`t like to admit. :lol:

Mi Sun was so happy to see Tae Joo and she even told her mom about the new man in Mi Ri`s life. They are excited by the posibility that he is the one for her. :D

Sun ja broke my heart when she was talking to Mi sun at the phone about her feelings, now that In Sook appeared after so many years. :tears:

Mi Ri met Tae Joo`s father and I think the meeting went well. She left happy and In sook was upset.

I don`t know what Mi Ri told In sook at the director meetings but she got In Sook mad. Mi Ri is starting to oppose her.

Archived