[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

4 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I find it strange that MR didn't make a sound or question her mom as a kid when her mom brought her to an unknown place to abandon her. It is as if she knew something is happening but just follow her mom. When her mom just left her there, she only cried but no sound nor call her mom. She just stood there crying. Perhaps she had some trauma and couldn't speak back then.

The scene was short but gave an impact. The scene was felt more dramatic because there weren`t any words on it. JMO. I don`t think she had any problem speaking.  Mi Ri was six years old. Not every child is talkative, especially in cold winter.  Maybe she was curious where they were going or maybe not. Miri followed her mother as a kid who trusted her. She still had the school bag on her back. I don`t think she knew what was In Sook`s intention. When she realised that she is left alone there, she starts crying. I noticed that In sook did not make a sound as well. She put the other bag down, looked at her daughter a few seconds and left.

Another posibility is that In Sook told Mi Ri where they are going before we saw that scene. I have a feeling that In sook had the intention to arrive exactly at that tavern. It was not a random location. Maybe Mi Ri started to cry when the reality hits her, when she realised that her mother is leaving and she is left there alone.

4 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I think SJ found MR out in the cold and adopted her and gave her a new name. If MR kept her name, her mom would have recognised her own daughter but she didn't.  She just find MR very cocky n haughty. If I'm not wrong, IS also saw MR calling SJ "mom". If IS knows SJ and left MR at SJ doorstep, then IS would have recognised SJ immediately and realised MR is her child. Wonder who is MR father.

I also want to know who is Mi Ri`s father. If Park sun Ja`s husband was Mi Ri`s biological father, it could be explained why In sook took her daughter exactly at that point. If he is not, and Mi Ri was left there randomly, I find it very cruel for In Sook to do that. I wonder if the name of the little girl was Mi Ri as well. We`ll see if Sun ja and In Sook know each other. They haven`t met yet. One more thing.... I saw that In sook left her daughter at a dinner in Chuncheon. That`s another city than Seoul. I hope they will show us what happened with Mi ri after she was abandoned.

In case that In sook doesn`t know yet that Mi Ri is her daughter, she will realise who she is quickly if she will look for more information about her.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drama fashion

Spoiler

Ki tae Young reading the script

Someone went to the set where KBS2 dramas Mother of Mine and Dr Prisoners are filming.

Spoiler

About Mi Hye. From the preview, it looks like her lie to Jae-Beom is making her return to Dol Dam Gil Publishing. She will take the prime-time job for sure. :D

Jae Beom still loves Mi Hye. I know that she will fall in love with Woo Jin but I am rooting for Jae Beom too. :lol:

Peter Park will have a crush on Mi Hye. So far he is walking the dog most of the screen time. If he will have a broken heart, at least he has Dol Dam, the cuttiest puppy, to comfort his feelings. 

Singer Joo Hyunmi said that she appeared in 'My daughter, the most beautiful in the world'.

2019040301000282100012051.jpg

Singer Joo Hyunmi appeared as a guest on the stage of 'Challenge Dream' of KBS 1TV 'Morning Courtyard' broadcast on the 3rd April.

On the day of the interview, Joo Hyun-mi said, "We are broadcasting a single person." Johyunmi TV is offering two songs twice a week. "We are preparing a dinner show and a concert."

When MC asked, "Have not you appeared in the drama a while ago?" Joo Hyunmi mentioned that she appeared in 'My daughter, the most beautiful in the world as a guest star and she sang the OST.

When MC asked, "Even Chinese," she laughed as if she was embarrassed.

Previously, Joo Hyunmi made a special appearance on the KBS 2TV weekend drama "My Beautifulest Daughter in the World", which was broadcast on the 23rd of last month.
She spoke fluent Chinese language skills, as well as veteran actor.

http://www.kyeongin.com/main/view.php?key=20190403010001205

An article about Sun ja and her daughters

I find the any well written and I agree with its analysis of the major characters.

Kim Hae Sook - A single mother who lives in a lifetime for children

20711568644231333-1553877096263177069801

Park Sun Ja (Kim Hae Sook) is a single mother who raised three of her daughters by herself, doing a small restaurant selling beef bone soup. Her life is the typical life of a mother who has put her child first. Currently, the three daughters are all grown up, but she has not been rested yet. Her eldest daughter was married to a heartless husband who was busy at work, so every morning she had to wake up early to drive to her daughter's house to help her grandchildren and even clean the house and pants. The irons the shirt for the son-in-law, in a hurry, is often too speedy to be questioned by the police.

Not stopping there, with the thought that "I can still do it, I need to help my child", although sometimes tired, she did not want her to hire a maid because she knew that her daughter did not have much money, she accepted the task of receiving grandchildren, making food for girls or even silently make their requests from the Mi Sun`s mother-in-law. 

A part of movie viewers will feel Park Sun Ja so unbearable, too dimentional figure. But think about it, how tough and strong must it be to be a sole-proprietor doing business with all three daughters like that !? Park Sun Ja only patience when it directly affects the happiness of the daughters she loves most. In fact, the "grandmothers" are similar to Park Sun Ja are not rare in Asian countries, even tend to increase strongly when young couples have to focus on development career in tight economic conditions.

2. Yoo Sun-eldest sister , " juggling marriage and work, met her two faced mother-in-law  "
743251551783619-15538777113209715515.jpe
Kang Mi Sun (Yoo Sun) is the eldest, married and has a lovely daughter. She unfortunately encounters her husband Jung Jin Soo (Lee Won Jae) belonging to a heartless, classy personality of children in the direction of patriarch. Every morning Mi Sun had to get up early to make food and take care of her daughter while her husband slept brightly, she was also asked by a young husband from work clothes to have sausages during meals. No other way, she had to ask her mother to help even though she was very anxious. Just like that, every morning the small family was able to witness a hasty rush rushing one after another to mess up, then Mi Sun succeeded in getting the train to work.

What about going to work? Mi Sun continued to be severely aggravated by the fact that she went late many times, often caught colleagues saying badly behind her back that she was a "do not know the rules", at the end of the time when everyone came back, she had to stay up late at night. But the most unfortunate thing in Mi Sun's life is that there is a "weird" mother-in-law. Wanting to show off to you, because she wanted to make her family a bad face and wrongly "let her hate" her daughter-in-law, her mother-in-law did not help but asked her to cook for her and her friends. Watching Mi Sun's head scratching her hair, she and her mother ended up making food for her husband's house, and many viewers believed that they would be angry.

Again, though Mi Sun was too much, but try looking at an Asian society where men still give themselves the right to work and think of housework and child care as a female part, how many who is choosing to act like Mi Sun for their children and because of the so-called "home"? Kang Mi Sun is a typical young woman who is suffering from "bifurcation" of marriage and work, and wants to affirm her ability and want to cultivate her family but falls into a situation where her husband is too heartless. Many young women today will find themselves in this character.

3. Kim So Yeon's second sister - Beautiful, talented but also has to exchange many things

fullsizephoto1042019-1553877508588109628
Unlike her eldest sister who is still in trouble, Kang Mi Ri (Kim So Yeon) is typical of modern women who are both beautiful, talented, capable of leading and personality, confident in themselves. Kang Mi Ri is the head of a large corporation, both good at making money and caring about her mother and family, who can look at it as a perfect woman and very difficult to pursue.

But no success is not a trade-off. Kang Mi Ri succeeded, but in order to succeed, she forced herself to be mature and tough by building herself into a tough and even spiteful female image to her subordinates to ensure her work and post-performance. It is very much hated by many people. Mi Ri also did not think about love, did not share her heart and feelings with others, tried to appear absolutely strong and then sadly alone sometimes.

The more ambitious, the greater the pressure. Kang Mi Ri is the type of women who care about career and want to prove their own value, talent with high knowledge and not interested in love. This is probably the model that many young people are currently aiming for: independent, dynamic, bravery. But to achieve those things in a society like Korea, like Kang Mi Ri, you must be willing to change and trade many things, including your simple joy.

4. Youngest Kim Ha Kyung - Unemployment at home, life dilemma
maxresdefault-1553878180802861554902-cro

Unlike the two older sisters who are both working, youngest Kang Mi Hye (Kim Ha Kyung) is a highly regarded writer, but for some reason gave up her writing and she live at home for a long time. Mi Hye reminded the audience to remember the little girls who are slightly whiny, talking without anyone's abstinence. But hiding in this humble girl was also a dozen worries and thought ahead of the situation of not being able to continue doing her favorite work. The youngest Mi Mi Hye and Sun Ja scenes, are scenes that calm the film's circuit and show the innocent love between mother and daughter.

Four central female characters, each with a personality, clearly reflect some of the most popular women in modern society. Through the lives of four mothers and children, a modern Korean general picture also emerged with many challenges from the family to the society that put on the shoulders of women. If properly developed, Mother of Mine believes that the audience will receive more and contribute to raising the audience's awareness of the lives of many women in modern Korean society.

(Google translation)

source

My daughter, who is the most beautiful in the world 'Kim Tae Young - Kim Hae Kyung, What happened?

201904040913054034_1.jpg

On the 6th April,  KBS2 weekend drama 'My daughter, the most beautiful girl in the world' 9th and 10th episodes, curiosity is caught in the affectionate moments of Gitae Young (Kim Woojin) and Kim Hae Kyung (Kang Mi Hye),

After receiving the stimulus, she went to Kim Woo-jin (Kita-jin), the editor of the publishing company, with her newly written manuscript, but she was persuaded to listen to the criticism of "worthless garbage."

Two of these people are caught in the middle of the screen. Kim Yu-jin, who has been keeping his coolness for a long time, is showing a gentle expression to a joyful Kang Mi-hye.

Kim Woo-jin, who is walking along with Kang Mi-hye, is raising the hopelessness of the viewers, so he is paying attention to what is the catalyst between the two people.

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201904040913054034

Knowing Mi Hye`s clumsiness, I bet she hurt her leg.

In the KBS2 drama "My Prettiest Daughter in the World", also known as 'Mother of Mine', Hong Jong Hyun`s character, Han Tae Joo is reaveling his double life.

201904051200067926_1.jpg

Previously, Han Tae-ju (Hong Jong Hyun) made a mistake of spilling coffee on the clothes of Kang Mi-ri (Kim So-yeon), from the first day she joined the company.

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=237931

14 hours ago, larus said:

In the KBS2 drama "My Prettiest Daughter in the World", also known as 'Mother of Mine', Hong Jong Hyun`s character, Han Tae Joo is reaveling his double life.

@larus  wait...so the employees of Hansung have no idea that he's the heir? I'm excited to watch.

28 minutes ago, jongski said:

@larus  wait...so the employees of Hansung have no idea that he's the heir? I'm excited to watch.

Yes, they don`t know. Mi Ri will find out after she will fall in love with him. I am not sure about Kim  Seung Chul, the second after Mi Ri in the Marketing departement (who recruted him?!) but maybe he doesn`t know either. 

I am also curious about Tae Joo`s father. I want to know what he says about Mi Ri, why he told In Sook to keep an eye on her.

hi, i just finished 5hrs straight of watching this drama lolol :grimace:

not sure about the progress of the plot but i read in the first page of this drama thread that TJ will take over the managerial position of Mi Ri??? :astonished: .. and if they are from the same mom, doesnt it make them half siblings??

9 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

hi, i just finished 5hrs straight of watching this drama lolol :grimace:

not sure about the progress of the plot but i read in the first page of this drama thread that TJ will take over the managerial position of Mi Ri??? :astonished: .. and if they are from the same mom, doesnt it make them half siblings??

The information on the first page was from earlier articles translated with Google. :) Not only that some information could be missinterpreted but I noticed in any other cases that the original synopsis could be a little different in the end.

I don`t see how Tae Joo could take over Mi ri`s job. It doesn`t make any sense as we saw now that he just came in the company. Sure, he is capable man and he is one of the heirs of Hansung Group and it is very possible that he will climb very quickly the hierarchy of the organization. Mi Ri is a career woman and very good of her job. She is the only woman as a General Manager in the Hansung Apparel and even her subordonates expect (its their wish ;)) to be promoted. I am sure she deserves it plenty. The question is how much she can break the glass ceilling.

I wanted to comment about this situation later but now It came up an oportunity.

I don`t know if we`ll see the plot where Mi Ri and Tae Joo will compete for the same job. It will be interesting to see before our eyes the reality of this situation. Mi ri has more experience, is highly educated and proved herself that she is professional, very effective , she is able to do much more. I am sure that In sook and Tae Joo were right that Mi Ri took work from other departement and that Marketing Departement should concentrate on doing its job but they don`t "see" Mi ri`s perspective. No, they undertood her alright.  She is showing leadership skills. She has expended her "wings".  Not forget that Hansung Apparel did not had an appointed President  for a long time after the death of the Han Sung Soo. It was in the news from the first episode when we find out that In Sook was promoted from another company (Hansung Planning) to Hansung Apparel. I am sure the company needs some improvements, a united vision. In Sook is doing her job.  But could Mi ri be promoted? She climbed the organization as the first General Manager  on her own, but her as a woman and without family connection could she break the glass ceilling? That`s the question.

It was sad to hear, in the preview,  that she said that no matter how hard she tries at work to she feels that it is hopeless and that she should concentrate on her neice. Yes, she should concentrate on her private life, she should spend more time with her family, she should take time to enjoy life, to fall in love because her work took so much on her life already but it is still sad that after so many sacrifices that she made in her personal life, she feels that her professional life is being braked/is slowing down. 

For Tae Joo is easier. He has already chosen to be on the top management position. It is good that his family let him gain experience first in different feelds, he joined the company from a lower post but his promotion will be faster and has certainty. 

I wish the drama will adress this situation in the upcoming episodes.

Mi Ri stills from today episode.

Thank God that Mi Ri found her niece. The panic and desparation will take control of Mi Ri in those moments when she did not find her niece at the carousel. What happened? Mi Ri could not detach from office work compleatly?

eun20190406145110_O_01_C_1.jpg

Kang Mi-ri and her neice Jung Da-bin are enjoying a good time at the amusement park.

In anther pictures, Mi Ri is standing on the floor crying. She recalls the memory of a painful memories of her childhood.
http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201904/sp20190406145702136670.htm

Park Sun Ja and Ha Mi Ok freud continues... We`ll see how Mi sun`s mother and husband will  be "take a bath" :lol:

1VHREH3NQU_1.jpg

The water of the bucket which is caught in the hand of Mr. Park is flying toward the Ha Mi Ok and the son-in-law Jeong Jin-soo (Lee Won-jae).

The situation of Hami-ok, which is like a rabbit-eyed squirrel or a water-wet rat, is causing an automatic smile.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1VHREH3NQU

Choi Myung-gil (Jeon In-Sook) in the KBS 2TV weekend drama 'My Beautifulest Daughter in the World' (Screenplay, Directing Kim Jong-Chang, Producing JNJ Productions, Take-To) has an overwhelming presence and raises curiosity. It captures viewers' attention with a character narrative. I have been intensively exploring her who is slowly taking off her veil between  Kim So Yeon (Kang Mye Ri) and Hong Jong Hyun (Han Tae Joo).

2039264_248804_515.jpg

Previously, Jeon In-Sook (Choi Myung-gil) announced the first appearance of the impact through news reports that he was inaugurated as a representative of Hansung Apparel. Especially, the expression of Kang Mi-ri (Kim So-yeon), who saw her in the news, became hard and the act of rejecting Chun In-suk whenever she met her company, provoked curiosity by suggesting that something was hidden in the relationship between the two people.

In the end of the last 8 episodes, the young Jeon In Sook, who left behind Kang Mi-ri, who had been a child, was portrayed, suggesting the hidden secrets of the past.

In addition, Han Tae Joo was welcome In Sook to the house like a family member and doubts that he is in the middle of his entangled relationship.

http://www.jjan.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=2039264&sc_section_code=S1N36&sc_sub_section_code=S2N71

Mi Ri is anxious when facing In Sook.. the previous ep she and her Marketing team were working on the proposal which she set v tight timeline.. but in the end being assigned to the Planning dept instead.. im not too sure if she is trying to prove her capability to her mom (if the flash back meant IS as the mom that abandoned her) or also, she tries to make up for the blunder mess her subordinate did for the fashion show for Wang..

she is making a lot of effort for Mi Sun to be sensitive n considerate towards their mom Sun Ja and Mi Hye to be more matured in the house, but i was quite disappointed that Sun Ja got irritated by her instead.. (cos she is not her real daughter?? .. but she did specially prepare beef when Mi Ri is coming back for dinner)..

im v curious about the relationship between Sun Ja and In Sook.. old hometown friends? or perhaps, widows who stayed together to encourage each other?

55 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

Mi Ri is anxious when facing In Sook.. the previous ep she and her Marketing team were working on the proposal which she set v tight timeline.. but in the end being assigned to the Planning dept instead.. im not too sure if she is trying to prove her capability to her mom (if the flash back meant IS as the mom that abandoned her) or also, she tries to make up for the blunder mess her subordinate did for the fashion show for Wang..

Maybe both. She is trying to impress In Sook, just like her coworker already suspected as one of the reasons she is pushing them so hard (but she was already a perfectionist boss) and it is her nature to want more. She wants to succed not only to prove In sook how much she accomplished by herself but because she can come up with ideas/ projects. She is an ambitious woman. Mi Ri have deams, she wants to be a strong leader in the workplace. 

55 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

she is making a lot of effort for Mi Sun to be sensitive n considerate towards their mom Sun Ja and Mi Hye to be more matured in the house, but i was quite disappointed that Sun Ja got irritated by her instead.. (cos she is not her real daughter?? .. but she did specially prepare beef when Mi Ri is coming back for dinner)..

im v curious about the relationship between Sun Ja and In Sook.. old hometown friends? or perhaps, widows who stayed together to encourage each other?

Don`t be too hard on Sun ja. We already saw that she loves her. Sun Ja is tough with all three girls.She is like a mashmellow.  I am sure she wasn`t really annoyed that Mi Ri called her to see how she is doing. Sun Ja is hiding her pain and worries with this attitude. Sun ja is a strong woman but she doesn`t really talk about her feelings. The same is Mi Ri. I want to see more about mother -daughters relationship.

I am also curious why In Sook chose Sun ja`s household to abandone her daughter. I am hoping to find out more information this weekend.

Kim Hae Sook, Kim So Yeon, Yoo Sun and Kim Ha Kyung have filmed today for KBS variety show Happy Together

Spoiler

art_15545262278178_23a12d.jpg

2019040613250190900.jpeg

0003982820_001_20190404141104882.jpg?typ

Kim Hae Sook, Yu Seon, Kim So Yeon and Kim Hae Kyung will participate in the KBS 2TV entertainment program "Happy Together 4" ("HaTu") on the 6th. In addition, the Boy Group SF9 member will become the special MC here.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003982820

A few observations. I wait for subtitles.

In Sook left her daughter but not before speaking with someone inside, probably Sun Ja. She had a car!!!!! I thought they had financial difficulties but I am starting to think that she abandoned her daughter because she wanted to succeed without someone to let her down. I am so curious about her reasons but no matter about her reasons, Mi Ri suffered the most. She still have emotional trauma because of that.

Mi Ri was just distracted a little when she lost Da Bin. I think her niece took another exit and she lost her orientation.

The atmosphere in Han family is inhospitable. I would have prefered to live with Sun ja and her normal family, with all the difficulties than to follow In Sook in that rich family.  But I am sure for a child to follow her/his mom is the most important. I am happy for Mi Ri that she is with a good mother and two sisters, and a funny uncle now. 

Kang sisters, stop drinking so much! :lol:

I like Jae Bum and Mi Hye! I don`t know if I like them as a couple or like "siblings". Maybe it is the later.  I`ll see in the upcoming episodes.

Tae Joo is started to see Mi Ri outside work.  At gym, near their appartment. More time together!

The look on Tae Joo`s face when he saw Mi Ri with Da Bin! :lol: Did he think the girl is her daughter?

Preview

6 hours ago, larus said:

Tae Joo is started to see Mi Ri outside work.  At gym, near their appartment. More time together!

The look on Tae Joo`s face when he saw Mi Ri with Da Bin! :lol: Did he think the girl is her daughter?

Checking raws because I can't wait! :D

TJ must be thinking it's her daughter...:lol:

I want them together... slowly but surely and then.. the realization of their position will add tension and confrontation but in the end, as always with drama, you support the one that matterr.

I wonder if anybody in the company knows the real truth of Mi ri's background. Of course one does a background check so.. they would know that she's been adopted right? But only MR knows that IS is her biological mother.

11 minutes ago, jongski said:

Checking raws because I can't wait! :D

TJ must be thinking it's her daughter...:lol:

I want them together... slowly but surely and then.. the realization of their position will add tension and confrontation but in the end, as always with drama, you support the one that matterr.

Yes, it is slow but steady. :lol: Did you see how Tae Joo was looking at her from afar at the gym? He was pleased to see her alright after he has carried her on his back in the evening.

In the preview he was all smiles around her. :D

17 minutes ago, jongski said:

I wonder if anybody in the company knows the real truth of Mi ri's background. Of course one does a background check so.. they would know that she's been adopted right? But only MR knows that IS is her biological mother.

I wonder how they would know that she is adopted. Why anobody would do such  background check for an employee? I think it is possible for In Sook or Tae Joo`s father to do a background check if they know that Tae Joo and Mi Ri are in a relationship. 

I can`t wait to know what the Chairman Han was talking about Mi Ri. Why he said to In Sook to keep an eye on her. I got the impression that the other man who came with In sook to see Han Jong Soo was happy to put In sook in difficulty. He is from the Panning departement, I think. He mentioned Mi Ri and In Sook was not pleased about that. It is just an impression becasue I could not understand any words. Will Mi Ri and In Sook be rivals at work?

Archived