[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

@sheza I actually thought subs coming out about 10hrs post airing was super fast. Plus it's reliably fast.

What long conversations? Lol. I can't believe the super long conversations involving IS. So not interested.

I really laughed through when MH sprang the pregnancy excuse to WJ. So so funny. Even I wasn't expecting it.

I am going back to Perfume so 12. I guess will check it with subs some time before Sunday. Since I have a vacation errands.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just sort of watched the latest episode raw. There was a very long soliloquy by IS, with TJ occasionally going 'Omonie'.  TJ was in anguish. Both were crying, I was trying not to FF, in case something came up. Instead of going home he went to their other house. MR had a run in with the stepmother. TJ's name came up. Dir Park had a meeting with the Chairman. MR went to her uncle's seedy place and my guess is to tell him about 'her'. Then she must have told off her cousin who is mooching of the parents. She did not sound happy. MR went home, no TJ. It was night, IS went to the house, TJ was sitting in the dark, anguished over a non issue. Both were crying again, another IS' soliloquy with interjections of 'Omonie' from TJ. Back up a bit. I saw IS drive in, got out of the car into the house. Then I saw from the back, it was the maid? At that time of the night? Then they showed the front shot. It was IS. Now not only IS and TJ were crying, I was almost crying. Poor IS. Poor woman.

If you thought her big bow dress was ugly, this time, it was absolutely ghastly. Behind it was the maid look, in front... I cannot describe. It was raw. I think when the subs come up tomorrow, she would be saying ' why are they dressing me this way? Why, oh why?'  :bawling:

MS is still having sitter and juvenile husband problem.  MH is still pathetic, chasing WJ, literally now.

:sweat_smile:

5 minutes ago, maribella said:

Now not only IS and TJ were crying, I was almost crying. Poor IS. Poor woman.

If you thought her big bow dress was ugly, this time, it was absolutely ghastly. Behind it was the maid look, in front... I cannot describe. It was raw. I think when the subs come up tomorrow, she would be saying ' why are they dressing me this way? Why, oh why?'  :bawling:

I fast fw because I was wondering why the heck we had IS scenes when TJ married the daughter. Why not speak to his wife first? You don't go to your mother first when there is something suspicious about your marriage. You go to your wife. After all he already knew the truth.

Besides IS needs to display a different sort of crying. I have seen all her range.

My Internet speed or the video server wasn't smooth yesterday so I had some random observations. As TJ was running out of IS house and just before he entered the car, he bent his head. The stream frozen then and I saw the top of his head. Wow. It was incredible. The hair was combed meticulously then hair sprayed to death. I could see each strand and the whole hairstyle so neat it was like a wig. And no roots showing so it must be his natural hair colour. Every strand was perfectly aligned.

Then the 2 rows of wines in IS house. Near the kitchen? Does anyone drink wine here? You guys must know it must be kept at a constant low temperature.  Not in a house heated to stifling standards in winter and hot as in summer. Drives me batty when dramas keep showing so called rich chaebols with wines lying randomly on the kitchen or in shelves on display. Koreans drink enough alcohol to or shoud know about wines. I come from a wine state so even if I don't drink much know what to do. 

MH? No comment. She is chasing true. But we have seen plenty of males pursuing a girl so it's not as if I can criticise her since she is a female. And besides he likes her and he chose to spend time with her before leaving for Canada. Or was it US? I can't remember. I was watching Wonderful Days in between the episode yesterday so was distracted.

See you guys this coming Sunday. I still have to finish off Perfume. Then last 2 episodes of www. Then catch up on Golden garden. Start Dr John. All enough to occupy me.

The storyline has become absolutely ridiculous that I have decided to forgive the writer and just watch the show since I started it.  I wish the writers do ample amount of research ahead of time before writing a script.  That too with good actors.  

Anyway - that 's all I have to say.  I feel you @sheza as to how late they sub these.  It is not an interesting story line even for the subers.  Hence gets pushed to the bottom of the pile.  

Have fun with other dramas.  I want to get rid of my bad habit of both soompi and kDrama -  may be there is a group like AA to do that.  If there is, please let me know.

15 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

I find it very difficult to believe that IS has been spoonfeeding her family for all these 20+ years so much so that they can't stand on their own feet and continue to rely on her

Totally agree.  The story is getting ridiculous in terms of the dependency of IS' family.  I believe the writer wants to redeem IS in the viewers' eyes but in fact is making her pathetic and not redeemable.  She is not really helping her family.  She is an enabler, allowing her family to do what they want (which is actually nothing) without any consequences.  What MR said to the uncle and cousin is absolutely needed: aren't you adults, aren't you ashamed of your reliance and do you expect IS to continue giving hand-outs without even trying to work for it. IS made a mess of her life and now MR has to "fix it".

I guess I am also with most of you in this forum, feeling story is too draggy when we seen TJ's behaviour after he found out the truth.

I am worried for the writer if she has nothing to explore new plot until EP 108. I can't imagine myself has to drag until the end. But since all of us already on the same boat, we just have to sail it with different perspectives, of course we have a choice to drop it half way or continue to watch it with a laughing mood, telling ourselves this is just another dragging drama.

I just want to share my view on the TJ character :

1. TJ is a Beta male, he has an attachment issue since young, due to lack of security......he loves his "mum" and MR with all his heart who are both Alpha female. Generally, Beta male are easily attract to Alpha female types. He is weak while MR is strong externally, writer intention is to show the disparity and distinctive of the both characters but the fate had pull them together and got married.

2. He needed some time by himself to adjust his mindset on the whole issue. I could understand why TJ had lots of questions in mind, especially he wanted to know why MR chose to marry him, is it out of money or revenge? (shown on preview) since MR already knew she is the birth daughter of IS. I like the best part long conversation between TJ and IS. IS told him everything but again TJ refused to listen much. His character issue, not willing to listen much when IS or MR trying to tell him earlier, which i discussed in my earlier post. Today EP,  IS told TJ to hide the secret not to tell MR that he is aware of the birth secret (my goodness, so that the plot can drag further until EP 108 :crazy: ?)

Writer, Pls do not hide the truth from MR.......All I want is the next coming EP, TJ and MR needs to have a long conversation to reveal the truth and share their thoughts openly and their feeling towards each other. Don't spoil it, they have to fight the "war" together internally and externally. Their opponent is the chairman's wife and her brother, their biggest enemies is nothing but themselves, need to resolve internal conflicts, their emotions before they can handle the outside war.

MR is capable woman, who is doing better than IS. IS create "issues" and MR try to "fix it" -handling all the internal domestic issues, not just Company issue, and TJ rely on her alot. TJ needs her more than MR needs him....who knows she may leave him after she has clear the path for him to be the next Chairman of the Company....but I still want a happy ending....:)

TJ needs to grow up. He is the one who would not take no as an answer. MR tried to push him away and leave precisely to avoid this situation. Everyone I mean EVERYONE tried to talk him out of it. He was persistent and this is the reality. It's time for the little boy to act like an adult for a change.

I empathize, sympathize, and support IS. Is easy to dump on somebody with no one has to walk in that person's shoes especially during their cultural context.  I refuse to look at a situation through 2019, but actually will look at them to the context that they are in. The writer don't have to force me to sympathize and empathize with people I already empathize with and maybe that's just the marriage and family therapist in me. And MR is no more capable than IS, she just so happened to escape the entrapment she otherwise would have been and had it not been for her mother sending her away. Because MR had a different upbringing, she can be more firm, but if she lived the way her biological mother lived, it is highly doubtful that she would do anything different. Glass houses...MR

Watching MH chase after that bookshop guy, it is clear that in kdrama, real love and obsessive\stalker kinda love is all the same.  The only difference is whether the other party returns the love and whether the audience is on their side.  

MS wondering why Dabin talks to her so rudely.  When Dabin spoke to her childish Dad the way MS speaks to him, she nodded her head in agreement.  She asked Dabin "who taught you to speak this way to an adult?"    Look in the mirror, sweetie!  I am not saying the childish Dad is right.  They shouldn't have these scenes in-front of the child. 

12 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Then the 2 rows of wines in IS house. Near the kitchen? Does anyone drink wine here? You guys must know it must be kept at a constant low temperature.  Not in a house heated to stifling standards in winter and hot as in summer. Drives me batty when dramas keep showing so called rich chaebols with wines lying randomly on the kitchen or in shelves on display. Koreans drink enough alcohol to or shoud know about wines. I come from a wine state so even if I don't drink much know what to do. 

Don’t worry, those wines must be in the dry kitchen, so temp must be conveniently kept at a constant by central air conditioning as most affluent houses in kdramas usually do. 

2 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Don’t worry, those wines must be in the dry kitchen, so temp must be conveniently kept at a constant by central air conditioning as most affluent houses in kdramas usually do. 

The ones I saw were inside a glass case which probably is a wine refrigerator built in with temperature control . 

https://www.costco.com/Vinotemp-30-Bottle-Single-Zone-Wine-Cellar%2c-VT-32SBB.product.100456183.html

@ck1Oz @angelwingssf have mercy!  10 hours is a long time to wait when all you need is 10 mins of sub.  I am only watching mainly the MR-TJ parts and whatever bits that is relevant to them.  I trawl around the instagram trying to figure out what went on and all I see is them yabbering on in Korean, which makes me wish I know Korean.  When I finally watch with subs, the only movement I see in the story is when MH flaps like a giddy school girl which I would then fast forward.  This is a tough watch but like @larus, I am doomed.  I keep watching to see a good outcome for MR.  

Thank you for your post @maribella.  They should hire you as the writer.  You are more entertaining.  

Anyway, I guess I understand why they say, weekend dramas are good for actors to hone their acting skills.  They keep practising the same behaviour for 108 episodes.  After this drama there's never any doubt SJ can yell, Chairman can throw things, IS can pull a drunken sullen face, TJ can act deaf, JB can be pathetic and MH can flap and shake like a bird.  

I haven't even watched all of it, but I know what happens and get the gist...

MS is an idiot, and her daughter has suffered over and over again because of it. Whether it is the dysfunctional relationship she has had with her husband and in-laws, to her bad relationship with her mother and her sisters, DB has been exposed to bad relationships, bad decisions and bad energy. That poor little girl is being raised horribly all because her parents are too selfish to work together to make this work.

MH is going to keep fighting her mother about not marrying JB because she's too childish for her mother to ever consider her marrying someone like WJ. I get her mom was feeling some type of way about him being divorced but she knows that her daughter cannot handle the type of relationship that requires being mature and adult about something like that. I need MH to stop hiding under the covers, pouting, going on hunger strikes, etc. She needs to learn how to communicate with actions to show people that she can handle certain situations. Poor WJ, he doesn't realize what he is in for.

I knew that once TJ found out, he was going to be mad at the world and here we are. I can see him being upset with IS, after all he has looked at her as being a mommy savior in his life. But it is past time for the rose colored glasses to come off in regards to his family. MR has more of grip on who these people really are then he does. However, him not knowing that she is the daughter that IS abandoned, is no worse than him keeping the fact that he was the Chairman's son from her and then him taking over the position she was in line for. So, I need him to suck it up and stop being a victim. This drama will be on for at least another six weeks which means they are going to drag this story line out until the wheels fall off. 

I am used to the days when subs took longer. The subs are illegal VIU subs ripped by one person and taken by the streaming sites. I think viki is subbing it but it's under Kocowa right? I can't access it. Just spend 1yr learning or doing Korean lessons and be rewarded by the ability to watch raw episodes. Since you can always increase your vocabulary then and read. I think one year is enough.

Dry kitchen? An air con is air con and Koreans set the thermostat to 29C in winter. Way too hot for wine. I am not used to it being referred  as dry ktichen. I don't feel that strongly over it over a Kdrama. Just that most Aussies store theirs in wine fridges or have a cellar. A proper cellar.  I do know its 19-21 C constant temperature preferably in a cool dark place. You can buy wine that is meant for drinking immediately and since the actors apparently go through 3-4 bottles per session it has no time to spoil?

It's Tue still catching up on my other dramas so see you all next Sun for more cry fest. It's episode 37 of a 54 episode drama. At this point I am feeling sorry for the actress playing IS.

Besides I am watching Golden Garden where it is straight out makjang so laughing at my over the top weekend dramas now.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:41 PM, jeilopes said:

I was expecting this. They drag the information so much, that is no way he would discover and just say - Ah, okay, let’s move on.

Agree. TJ's reaction is not unexpected, afterall this is k-drama. TJ and MR's love has to be put thru more tests. Still, I wish that going forward the plot does not feel so "draggy". The audience will get tired.

Meanwhile MR has so many battles to fight NHM+brother, IS+family..... Can she fight solo? But I really like her integrity and guts.

10 hours ago, sheza said:

@ck1Oz @angelwingssf have mercy!  10 hours is a long time to wait when all you need is 10 mins of sub.  I am only watching mainly the MR-TJ parts and whatever bits that is relevant to them.  I trawl around the instagram trying to figure out what went on and all I see is them yabbering on in Korean, which makes me wish I know Korean.  When I finally watch with subs, the only movement I see in the story is when MH flaps like a giddy school girl which I would then fast forward.  This is a tough watch but like @larus, I am doomed.  I keep watching to see a good outcome for MR.  

Thank you for your post @maribella.  They should hire you as the writer.  You are more entertaining.  

Anyway, I guess I understand why they say, weekend dramas are good for actors to hone their acting skills.  They keep practising the same behaviour for 108 episodes.  After this drama there's never any doubt SJ can yell, Chairman can throw things, IS can pull a drunken sullen face, TJ can act deaf, JB can be pathetic and MH can flap and shake like a bird.  

Flapping, that was the word I was trying to describe MH fleeing her mother.

I wish they would have cast her as a 22 or even 25 year's old girl. She dresses like one.

A 30 something, having a writer's block for 9 years, a tubby guy as her besotted beau, chasing after a good looking rich guy... sounds quite pathetic.  Luckily, he turns out to be a repressed, sort of defeated kind of person waiting for someone without any inhibitions to draw him out; never mind DB seems to be more mature. I think they will get together. But God of KD, please make it short and quick. That sauce from his mouth to hers is still grossing me out.

Thank goodness MR is standing up to everyone from the mooching niece to the Chairman. What's puzzling is how the writer thinks we can buy the idea that IS is a well known, top notched CEO. She must have drunk a few bottles of 'brandy' by now.  I expected MR to turn into a noble idiot, thankfully she has not- IS is the one.

MH is not a woman.  Even a teenager is more grown-up.  It is another mystery that the writer has cast her as a great novelist with wide appeal among adult readership when she obviously has not grown up! If she wrote a children's book or drew cartoons, that would have been a different story! unbelievable. 

I am asking for views on (a) we can understand if TJ is angry and disappointed with IS+MR for lying to him, but is he angry and disappointed that MR is IS's daughter, if so why? (b) if his reaction is so bad is a divorce coming? can we see that?

Archived