[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

They will be extended this drama with another 8 episodes? Geez. Poor me!  :w00t:

I think the upcoming drama that follows Mother of Mine is not ready to broadcast yet. They need more time. This is what happended with the predecesor of Mother of Mine as well. I did not think KBS extended that drama because it was succesful. Mother of Mine was not on schredules.

I will not post for about ten days. I will be out of the country and I don`t have time to be active on Soompi. I  catch up when I get back

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will miss your post @larus!  Have a safe trip.

The IS storyline should have happened earlier instead of dragging out the plot.  I find it a more compelling watch now ... it is getting exciting like a cat and mouse game.  Except when the mouse is cornered it might turn into a tiger.  

I think Chairman is a cowardly bully.  Why do I say that?  He shouts at people but when they push back, he is a little scaredy cat.  Maybe his conscience is pricking him.

Anyway, I love it that TJ got to the truth first.  Now I think it might turn into a noble idiocy thing but I hope not. TJ is in a tight spot now.  If he stays with MR, the mother-daughter relationship can never reconcile because of his father's disapproval.  Let's see what he will do next.  

On 7/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, larus said:

It`s loooong. Until  September 8. We`ll have another 30 episodes. OMG!

It will be another 36 episodes more now that they have extended by 8 episodes.

I tell myself to treat it as watching a brand new 36-episode drama. This will make it easier, haha!

The drama is still enjoyable.

PS hushhh - thanks for your clarification on hate-watch. I did not realise that it is so commonly used.

20 hours ago, maribella said:

Poor IS, surrounded by a nasty mother, two parasitic brothers and their families... really as if I can't see that the writer is turning her into a self sacrificing daughter/sister. For 30 years, she gave them money, bailed them out of tight spots, that is not enough? Oh why am I watching this?

That idiot MH...

The writer can try and spin it but how do you justify abandoning your child? The Chairman's wife makes IS look good, but not good enough.

Still not a IS fan but did appreciate her confrontation with old prune Daddy Warbucks.I’m paraphrasing....

”You told me 30 years ago to act like my daughter was dead. You didn’t want your family tree contaminated. So why are digging up graves looking for a dead person?”

There was nothing he could say at that point.

Park Sun-Ja found out Tae-Joo knew Mi Ri isn't her biological daughter... He kept asking about her biological parents(ofc he already figure it out the truth but he didn't told her)

Sun-Ja was calling Mi Ri after he left asking why she told him that

At the end of the ep Tae Joo would go to In Sook telling her that he knows and the preview doesn't look good (like he seems upset like how both of them doing that to him)

Woo-Jin came to visit Sun Ja  and everything kinda goes well till he say he is  divorced..She comes back and tell  Jae-Beom to leave( he was cleaning) and goes straight to her daughter room  and ask her if she knew about him being a divorced person

Jae-Beom seems to understand why Mi-Hye likes  Woo Jin 

Da-Bin baby sitter seems so bad( talking at her phone and yelling at her) ...Well no wonder everyone kept wondering but still Da Bin said the baby sitter was ok ...

Done. Dusted. Seen the episode.

The thing is the cast can act so well so whatever crap lines is fed to them they act it so sincerely. I felt kind of bad that JB considers SJ his mother too after 10 years of hanging round them. And his parents are too busy to care. He did defend WJ. And WJ sigh, understands them. But I guess SJ will take some time to accept him. However guess their romance is progressing albeit slowly. I am thinking MR flouncing about when she is over 30 gives me a low impression of her maturity. I mean why date such a childish girl?

I don't see how the Chairman's wife thinks it's ok her older brother behave like this in the company. I really, really liked the firing scene. KMR is really good as the Marketing Director.

Gotta go. I have 3 other dramas to watch now. Or rather 10 episodes of those 4 dramas to watch so not even angsty over this drama since I have distractions.

48 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

I don't know but I liked that conversation of the chairman and mi ri. She's so brave in front of him and he too, he listens to her seriously... 

Yes actually I find the chairman not a bad person at all. He still wants to protect TJ that's why he insist to marry him off to MR. But I don't know how are things going to be now after the revelation between IS and MR comes out. Of course TJ is the one who suffers a lot, but with his love for IS and MR still hoping that their situations will gonna be alright and accepted eventually.

I still can't see all the hoo ha about MR being IS' daughter and TJ's wife. If he is her stepson, maybe there is some legality, maybe. But he is a pretend son. Now instead of just IS and MR, now there are 3 of them agonising over a non- issue. :smiley:

I am bored with MS and MH's problems or something. The best part is  MR standing up to the two bit gold digger.

I find it very difficult to believe that IS has been spoonfeeding her family for all these 20+ years so much so that they can't stand on their own feet and continue to rely on her (taking care of her mother I can understand, a difficult mother though). It is stretching it a bit too much.

But it is a reflection of how well SJ has done.

This drama has all the usual cliches but they move so slowly with it.  Looks like IS' second husband was hit by a truck (truck of doom?).  Was he murdered?  

Although I haven't watched the latest episode with subs, I am a little disappointed with TJ's reaction over the whole thing.  I can't help but remember he was the one who so desperately want to marry MR even though she said no.  He also didn't bother to find out what was the thing bothering her so that's also his fair share of blame.  The relationship is a little one sided now I feel with MR taking care of all the stuff that is thrown at her.   

And the romance between WJ and MH .. I still can't stop rolling my eyes at MH's behaviour.  Why do I feel like they are so childish?  

Anyway, it sucks following a drama which subs only come out the next day and no one providing any translations to the long conversations they have back and forth.  

I am not quite sure what some expected  how is he suppose to feel  really after all of this? This isn't some small thing is a really big deal that affects him in a massive way as well.

Should  be angry at his mom ? His wife? While feeling terrible about what she been through as well? Remember this is his mom as well so thats quite the barrage of emotions.

I have  no idea who anyone is expected to act in this situation,let along if their is a right way.

Archived