[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

20 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I just saw on mydramalist that this drama finally has 100 episode, and so ends September 08 ?! if this is the case, MR and TJ are not ready to get married, worse there may be other problems to come:grimace:

My prediction too. They have had only one breakup. Now they are in a sort of couple mode again. 

I think what the writer is doing is to build up this relationship to the point of marriage, then he dashes it to our great unhappiness by revealing the MR-IS relationship to the Chairman and TJ. I  hope it would not be after the wedding like My only one. They were forced to divorce.

I can't think how they will get back together after the second break.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Writer Nim, please stop this nonsense! In Sook looks ridiculous trying to convince everyone that Mi Ri should not marry Tae Joo. I hope the writer come with a better reason. It is getting ridiculous because it is not a good reason IMO.

The only memorable scene from today episode, for me, was the moment Sun Ja met Chairman Han. She looked timid, and out of her comfort zone but when she talked on the phone with her brother she became Sun Ja we know. The Chairman`s face when he saw her! :lol:

The second scene was when Sun Ja grabbed In Sook`s hair. I hope tomorrow we`ll see the continuation of the scene.

I don`t know what Sun ja told Mi Ri. I hope she did not convince her to break up with Tae Joo. This writer have half of this series and she has to come up with better conflict. The introduction of a new character will help a little but it is not enough if the writer lost her muse.

I will wait for subtitles.

From the preview, it looks like Mi Ri will tell Tae Joo that they should break up. I am upset with this plot. I am not even sad over the break up like I should have normally been, just upset with the writer`s choice.  :wacko:

2 hours ago, larus said:

From the preview, it looks like Mi Ri will tell Tae Joo that they should break up. I am upset with this plot. I am not even sad over the break up like I should have normally been, just upset with the writer`s choic

I don't see any other way for going the whole 40 episodes without repeats. 

She resigned again and they broke up again. TJ initiated break up is still missing.

Now I think we may see some corporate intrigues. The chaebol girl, the sleazy second wife and TJ.

34 minutes ago, maribella said:

Now I think we may see some corporate intrigues. The chaebol girl, the sleazy second wife and TJ.

Anything it could be welcome. I don`t want to see In sook repeating all over again that Mi Ri and Tae Joo should not marry without giving a solid reason. It`s tiring.

Mi Sun and  Da Bin :w00t:

What a way to kill the ratings ... have an episode with very few scenes between the OTP.  I agree that this they cannot be together thing is getting boring.  If this carries on, they might have to shrink the episodes with the lack of viewership.  So ridiculous.  

41 minutes ago, hushhh said:

The few post here killed my curiosity to watch the raw.

Sorry about that. In Sook`s secret frustrates me so much.

Even the ending scene did not resolve it.

TELL THE TRUTH!!!!!

And the preview doesn`t seem any better. Mi Ri is starting to avoid Tae Joo. Of course. What silly excuse she can use this time?

I can`t believe the writer is doing this to us.

This must be Drama Writing  Class 123, on how to write a drama that frustrates the audience.

(Drama Writing Class 101 is learning to introduce characters. Class 102 is on romance. Class 103 is on nasty MIL, 104 is on revenge, and so on.)

And, this writer must have 'aced' the class on writing annoying characters.   Out of the 15 characters that I saw listed, with the exception of 2, i.e., TJ and MR, the rest are as annoying as 7734 (turn upside down and imagine the 4 as an 'h').

1 hour ago, sheza said:

What a way to kill the ratings ... have an episode with very few scenes between the OTP.  I agree that this they cannot be together thing is getting boring.  If this carries on, they might have to shrink the episodes with the lack of viewership.  So ridiculous.  

It’s too dragging already. I am not even excited to watch subtitles anymore because we’ve been going around in circles for so many times i feel the novelty has worn off. I hope the writer does something to redeem this banality. I mean, let’s have a fifty episode adventure instead of staying in one spot looking at the same miniscule stain.  

33 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

This must be Drama Writing  Class 123, on how to write a drama that frustrates the audience.  (Drama Writing Class 101 is learning to introduce characters. Class 102 is on romance. Class 103 is on nasty MIL, 104 is on revenge, and so on.)

Sad but true. I wonder how are the reactions from local viewers about this stagnant plot...

Well that was exhausting to watch. It was an abrupt starting wasn't it? I went back to ep 26 thinking I missed something. I can't even comment on the MR/TJ scenes cos' there was none. IS though takes self interests to a whole new level. She could you know be the one who leaves quietly. After all, she is the hold up to everyone's happiness. Not Mi Ri.

Well the MH scenes with the 2 guys was actually alright. She has more guts than I thought. 

Maybe the writer is concentrating on MH and MS's in laws. That's why the MR plot is going nowhere. Although I must say looking at the Chairman's wife is repulsive. There is no way that she was an innocent young thing. Eww...

The subs are out in my region and I decided to do myself a favor and only watch SJ's scenes.

Kim Hae-Sook/SJ must have had a ball this week.  She had such great and varied scene. "Let's kill ourselves.  Let's die together." Her scene were so ridiculous and over the top I have to assume they were fun to do.  The fire (and I suspect glee) when she went after IS hair.

Felt  so sorry Choi Myoung-Gil /IS  who had the thankless task of delivering repetitive pointless uninspired lines. Also the wardrobe people either hate the rich, the actor, or the character because they are dressing IS in clothes no one can make look good.  Exactly whose talentless middle school child did they outsource the designs to?  Did they mean to punish the child, who in turn decided to flip them the bird.  Maybe only the truly high-class can see the beauty of her clothes, or maybe just folks who are high.

The chairman may have outdated views of the world and class privilege, he is a misogynist but he seems to respect people who challenge/disagree with him to his face.  He respected the Chinese business woman Wang(?) who disagreed with him and she shifted his views.  He respects Miri and SJ who told him, "We are fine without your largess, thank you very much."  We only see him being mean to IS who goes along with everything he wants and tries to act behind his back.

Man, it would be ironic if his edict to IS to give up her child was a character test that she failed.  Perhaps if she had told him, "Stuff it, thank you very much", she would not have given up her daughter.    Miri would have grown up to be a very boring woman if it had turned out that way.  There'd be no Mom asking her to die with her because she can't bear to see Miri's heart so badly broken.

14 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Man, it would be ironic if his edict to IS to give up her child was a character test that she failed.

After Mi Ri test, I believe in this too. The order for IS give up her daughter was a test that she failed.

I rewatched it subs. Man the telling off was fun to watch. I knew what was coming so was watching his face when he was told off by SJ.

And I enjoyed the car scene with TJ and SJ. I really laughed when SJ went at it with IS. But it was laugh out loud funny how makjang it was when MR and SJ were in the room. Lolol. I wanted to die. Who did you kill in your past life? Oh man, the lines were so histrionic it was funny.

WJ with hearts in his eyes while MH was bawling her heart out was kinda sweet. This is the first time I felt of MH. WJ looks as if he was tortured. The more angst he looked the more I enjoyed it. 

Lol, it was an entirely histrionic, cry fest episode worthy of a weekend drama. Man it was funny.

4 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

It’s too dragging already.

I've been quietly watching this drama and reading this forum from time to time. Totally agree the show started out well and lots of fun but it is getting draggy and I'm losing interest.  How many episodes can they repeat the "you cannot like/love/marry each other so just leave already" plot?  Sorry, but just getting frustrated with the slow moving writing and story development.

Archived