[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i finally understand whats the conversation between Chairman Han and IS with the eng subs. he was furious that the papers reported that IS will be the successor of Hansung Apparel.. and he was well aware that she abandoned her daughter 28yrs old ago to get into the Han family and from there, he knew what type of personality she has.. and questioned about her loyalty.. IS pledged it.. apparently he doesnt know MR is IS daughter yet.. but the reporter that came to question IS about the daughter she abandoned, that was the final straw. she is going to abandon MR again and getting Director to process her resignation :unamused: but, MR told TJ she is staying.. damn. she will be so disappointed..

the preview.. noble MR is here to save her despicable mom again! and Chairman Han is suspicious with IS-MR relationship now..

(finally I STILL LOVE MS FLYING KICK!!)

p.s. @ck1Oz i heard the darn squishy sound on big screen this time!! eeeew..

Ok it was japchae bab. Now that I have found out what it is I am going  to avoid  ordering it.

I can cook  japchae, bimbimbap and galbijjim. However combining it ll makes my stomsch churn watching  it.

13 hours ago, jeilopes said:

Yeah, I found the music (shazam helped me) hehehhe

If you are so good at finding music, can you discover who sings this song? If you know let us know. :P Thanks.

It was the scene where Mi Ri and Tae Joo were walking beneath the cherry bloom trees. from 1:30. Or the scene where thjey were drinking in their home. It is the same song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il5luUE7GOM

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36k2YriPfk

Thanks for giving us the song from last episode.

53 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I have now rewatched the scene a few times and totally puzzled out, the romance  has gone. What the heck restaurant  is that?

I think I was the only one who did not heard the sound. I guess, I was concentrated on the things that really count. :lol:

I have a problem when I watch Kdramas and I see the people eat with sound. I can`t stand the slurping. So far I did not mute many eating scenes.

56 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i finally understand whats the conversation between Chairman Han and IS with the eng subs. he was furious that the papers reported that IS will be the successor of Hansung Apparel.. and he was well aware that she abandoned her daughter 28yrs old ago to get into the Han family and from there, he knew what type of personality she has.. and questioned about her loyalty.. IS pledged it.. apparently he doesnt know MR is IS daughter yet..

I did not understand why the chairman was upset when he talked with Director Park but I guessed from the conversation that he did not like that In Sook was on the highlight that night. I`ve not watched all the episode with subtitle yet.

I don`t think I like the Chairman, his change of moods. In Sook is not my favorite character but she doesn`t deserve how he is treated her. I am afraid that when Mi Ri will start to deal with Chairman face to face she will have the same treatment. I will not suport to see that without wishing to smack his face. I hope she will respond when he will be unfair.

So, the Chairman knows that In sook abandoned her daughter to marry his brother but it seams that he doesn`t know Mi Ri is her daughter yet. Maybe it was a condition for In Sook to see how determend she was but I still can`t understand how a rich family can`t take a six years old in the family (they could not adopt her if they did not want to) to give her a home and education. They are so cruel and selfish.

It looks like the existence of In Sook`s daughter was not a secret. I still want to know the reason to abandon that little girl pretending it was for her own good,  just to marry a chaebol.

The Chairman said that he reads very well people, he sees their true nature. He doesn`t like In Sook but in the same time he admires her. In Sook is very ambitious. She wants to sacrifice her daughter again for her to keep all the power in Hansung group. Is Chairman Han afraid that In Sook is getting more power than she deserves and worries about the legacy for his sons? That I could see as a plausible explanation about his behavior. 

5 hours ago, jeilopes said:

According to the news, HJH and KSY will appear in “Let’s eat dinner together” , JTBC Variety Show 

I will looking forward to see their episode. Soyeon is not very comfortable doing variety shows but it will be a good promotion for the drama. I will watch an episode to be familiar with the format.

It is called "Let`s eat dinner toghether?" It is the perfect motto for Mi ri and Tae Joo`s relationship. :lol:

BTS

From filming

Hong Jonghyun & Kim So Yeon on the Han River.

Spoiler

Mi Ri and Tae Joo will have a picnic date? YAY! It was one of my wishes. Holding hands... check, picnic ... check.. Now, it remains lots of kisses. Let me put on my wish list an amusement park date and ... a bed scene. I know it is a family drama that they could show one without fear. :D

1 hour ago, larus said:

The Chairman said that he reads very well people, he sees their true nature. He doesn`t like In Sook but in the same time he admires her. In Sook is very ambitious. She wants to sacrifice her daughter again for her to keep all the power in Hansung group. Is Chairman Han afraid that In Sook is getting more power than she deserves and worries about the legacy for his sons? That I could see as a plausible explanation about his behavior.

his strong belief that they are of different leagues.. he mentioned IS was of humble background but they took her into the Han family when his bro married her. he doesnt like women with many words and find her talk too much with reporters (although Director Park did try to help saying it was for publicity..) Chairman Han doesnt like adversed publicity that would stain Hansung Apparel image which he builds for his sons as successors.

i dun think IS background having a daughter and remarrying into Han family is a secret.. she was, a famous newscaster previously. and remarrying into a rich influential family brought a lot of unnecessary negative attention i guess? thats why they kept her in the dark for so many years before giving her a position.

i dun like how MR is being sacrificed again.. and i hate it even more that she is willing to do it for her birth mom.. argh!! :sweat:

oh, i like how MH speak up for MR during the SJ-MR scene.. and calling SJ drama queen hahahaha :tounge_xd:

once again, WAY TO GO MS AND HER FLYING KICK!!

i think im so looking forward to this scene i have to end all my posts with this.. until next week epi :grimace:

p.s. no bed scenes.. likely just an invitation for some ramen in the cosy home.. :naughty:

16 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

p.s. no bed scenes.. likely just an invitation for some ramen in the cosy home.. :naughty:

There is a solution for an innocent bed scene on a family drama. I saw so many kdramas that I did not think of something daring at all. But it could be a ramen invitation as well. I take it. ;)

oh, i like how MH speak up for MR during the SJ-MR scene.. and calling SJ drama queen hahahaha :tounge_xd:

Sun Ja is a drama queen, indeed. :lol:

i dun like how MR is being sacrificed again.. and i hate it even more that she is willing to do it for her birth mom.. argh!! :sweat:

I don`t like either. Mi Ri has a serious weakness when it comes with In SooK. It was much better when they were on opposite sides. Maybe the writer will put them, later, as rivals at work. In Sook said that she doesn`t like when a young executive was eyeing her job.  Mi Ri has to see In sook in the real light, to see her as she is.

Let's talk, pretty chingus!!!

So, we already know that IS is no angel. She has been quite the horror thus far in the drama, however, now I am pondering why she chose to abandon MR in the first place. It appears her first husband died. So, she was left being a single mother. Odds are at that time, she would've had it very hard, struggled, etc. to try and raise MR. However, there is more to this story. The Chairman's words to her about him not trusting her initially because she abandoned her daughter then married into the family, let's me know that this was a condition. She ended up becoming an announcer and being all over television first. In order to get that job, and get married, I am sure she was expected to show up with a clean slate. Maybe they didn't expect her to go all out but she did, however, I still feel there is something else to this. Especially after her confrontation with SJ. She seemed horrified that SJ didn't send MR to the States, why is that? Was the girl in some type of danger?

Also, no one has said it, so I will, SJ was wrong in how she reacted to finding out about IS still being at the company. I cannot stand when people take other's people's pain (and MR being abandoned at 6, is pretty painful) and make it about them. MR didn't tell SJ about IS being at the company because she knew she would act out exactly the way that she did. All of that crying and carrying on she did. Telling MR to go and don't come back, all of it was WRONG! MR did nothing wrong. But I found it interesting how SJ threw in her face that if they were close, she would tell her everything. Yet, she had never told MR that IS left that money for her. I also found it interesting that SJ NEVER spent any of that money on MR. Instead she dipped into that money three times. Twice for MS and once for MH. The fact is, of all of the daughters, MR is the one that sees about SJ the most. She spoils and caters to her mother, even the uncle noted it. Yet, the first opportunity she had, she threw her away, just like IS did. That is devastating to MR, who has already been abandoned. I did not like SJ's  behavior AT ALL. She needs to stop being selfish and self-centered and act like the mother she claims to be. She so easily forgave MS who treated her like crap because her loser of a husband got sensitive about her being around all of the time. SJ was WRONG WRONG WRONG! Now, MR needs her nurturing more than ever.

If that situation wasn't bad enough, MR is better than me because when IS came back to her to ask her to "finish the Championship event" after taking it away from the Marketing Team, only to have the Planning Team practically mess up the entire event, I think I would have at least turned her down once. She would've had to beg me. 

JB is a nuisance. He completely showed why MH has friend-zoned him all of these years. For him to be this celebrated drama writer, he sure does have a LOT of time on his hands. His constant interference, showing up at Dol Dam unannounced and overstepping with WJ was not cute or professional. He looks pretty pathetic now and it should not take MH being mean to him for him to get that this type of behavior is unacceptable. People need to learn how to separate business from personal feelings.

MO has no redeeming qualities. She is horrible to her granddaughter and isn't teaching her anything at all. If anything, DB is learning how to be a manipulative brat. She treats MS like she is beneath her and she is always accusing her of things she didn't do. It is really irritating how MS never explains things or takes up for herself to MO. JS stays throwing his wife under the bus with his mother, and then being fake apologetic about it after everything blows up. And her husband, whom she treats like crap stays away from home all day so he doesn't have to deal with her. It hasn't even been a week since she "volunteered" to watch DB and she has complained nonstop. I hope her husband leaves her and she is forced to deal with the aftermath. Also, it is really disturbing the lengths that she will go to to smile and pontificate in front of that "alleged art teacher" who comes off like a gigolo to older wealthy women.

I want more sweet moments with TJ and MR, but the road is about to be bumpy for them. Not surprised IS wants MR out of the company now that the truth about her abandoning her is starting to come out. I pray for MR's mental and emotional state, it is just the beginning.

1 hour ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I want more sweet moments with TJ and MR, but the road is about to be bumpy for them. Not surprised IS wants MR out of the company now that the truth about her abandoning her is starting to come out. I pray for MR's mental and emotional state, it is just the beginning.

Yeah, it is just the beginning. I wish Tae Joo was an ordinary guy. I don`t want to see her near Han family at all. 

It will be so painful for Mi Ri to discover that her biological mother will throw her under the bus again.

I also did not like how Sun ja reacted towards Mi Ri. She needed understanding not a rejection. But she knows how is her mother and they will be fine again soon.

“Mother Of Mine” Enjoys Significant Rise In Viewership Ratings

by E. Cha
d9493189c8a848aa97b68c10ebe6ff1c.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “Mother of Mine” saw a substantial increase in its viewership ratings for its latest episode!

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 5 broadcast of the popular weekend drama scored average nationwide ratings of 23.4 percent during its first half and 29.3 percent during its second.

Not only did the drama’s latest ratings mark a sharp rise from the night before (when “Mother of Mine” scored average ratings of 19.5 percent and 24.8 percent), but the average viewership for the second half of the broadcast came close to the 30 percent mark, which “Mother of Mine” first surpassed on April 7.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1322389wpp/mother-of-mine-enjoys-significant-rise-in-viewership-ratings

The rating went up from Saturday as usual but It was lower than last week. If it will remain around the 27-29 it will be alright.

I watched a little the JTBC variety show "Let`s Eat Dinner Together" . I am not a fan of variety shows (except for The Masked singer) and I don`t think I like the concept. They have to ring at random houses and asked them to invite them for dinner. Awkard for me! Knowing Soyeon, I think it will be so stressful for her. Well, I will watch no matter what. It seams that they already had the filming.

On a good side, imagine some people who are watching "Mother of Mine" having dinner  with Mi Ri and Tae Joo. :D

1 hour ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Also, no one has said it, so I will, SJ was wrong in how she reacted to finding out about IS still being at the company. I cannot stand when people take other's people's pain (and MR being abandoned at 6, is pretty painful) and make it about them. MR didn't tell SJ about IS being at the company because she knew she would act out exactly the way that she did. All of that crying and carrying on she did. Telling MR to go and don't come back, all of it was WRONG! MR did nothing wrong. But I found it interesting how SJ threw in her face that if they were close, she would tell her everything. Yet, she had never told MR that IS left that money for her. I also found it interesting that SJ NEVER spent any of that money on MR. Instead she dipped into that money three times. Twice for MS and once for MH. The fact is, of all of the daughters, MR is the one that sees about SJ the most. She spoils and caters to her mother, even the uncle noted it. Yet, the first opportunity she had, she threw her away, just like IS did. That is devastating to MR, who has already been abandoned. I did not like SJ's  behavior AT ALL. She needs to stop being selfish and self-centered and act like the mother she claims to be. She so easily forgave MS who treated her like crap because her loser of a husband got sensitive about her being around all of the time. SJ was WRONG WRONG WRONG! Now, MR needs her nurturing more than ever.

I get SJ's reaction because I see SJ in my wife. SJ is a typical Korean mother. She was not upset with MR because MR and IS works at the same company and MR knew it. She was upset with her because after MR found out about IS, she did not come to SJ for consolation or to share her feelings about it. That being said SJ was way over the top in her reaction. 

Is that the actors who plays Park Tae Ri? What he is doing in the dating picnic?

That went up in flame my excitement. :D OK, so there is a Marketing Team picnic/camping moment?  I like them. Mi Ri and Tae Joo has to be careful. Park Tae Ri might be very close to find out about them. If he knows, the whole company will know.

I still don't get IS intention. at night she goes to SJ then confront her, the following day, she goes to MR and the hugging scene. But I never heard IS apologize to MR.

About SJ react to MR, aren't it similar to what she did to MS? so I guess it okay, SJ is really a drama queen like MH said.

But at least the romance is begin.

IS idea of “protecting” MR is probably from the negative paparazzi.. imagine the juicy news they could have whipped out of little MR against IS.. and that in turn, made IS look even worse under the scrutiny of upperclass Han family. MR could have been branded as an abandoned child and all those hurtful names and attention will be negative for her childhood growth (although to be abandoned outside SJ restaurant was no better).

now that IS is the CEO of Hansung Apparel, she has even more things to protect such as her reputation which she painstakingly built (the nonsensical taking off shoe thingie) her status and image.. MR would definitely be the least priority to her at the moment.

seriously, i hope MR will just leave the company.. leave the country for a short while to heal the betrayal (again!) and back for some real butt kicking!! .. hmm, and while i mentioned this im thinking of MS AND HER FLYING KICK AGAIN!! :lol:

and i dunno what TJ is capable of doing for MR right now..

18 hours ago, larus said:

Mi Ri and Tae Joo will have a picnic date? YAY! It was one of my wishes. Holding hands... check, picnic ... check.. Now, it remains lots of kisses. Let me put on my wish list an amusement park date and ... a bed scene. I know it is a family drama that they could show one without fear. :D

I'm with you. It's a family drama but boy.. TJ and MR  from start all the way till present and future episode... we want to  see their relationship grow. TJ better with MR in all her fights.. side with her be with her be there for her.. But ....  revelations, confrontations, conflicts, misunderstanding, separating but at the end of day. It's TJ and MR  we want to see together.  At least there's no 'other' woman' involve..yet.....  so no usual jealousy  but it's more familia and  IS and abandonment.

Busy with real life ( you know how it is..hehe)  haven't watch the  episodes yet but got time later. Yes!

Dear Larus and the rest of my Chingu (친구) in this forum,

Thanks for maintaining this forum and including Kim So Yeon's one. You are awesome ! You have kept every fans updated on the latest news on KSY.

Sorry i have not been active for a long while until lately i catch up with this mother of mine kdrama.

I watched this drama mainly for Mi-ri and TJ , this cute couple and their associated storyline, such as the CEO, the old chairman, the HS company, foster mum and their colleagues, it  is certainly added a flavour to this drama, the rest of the sister's storyline i am not so keen.  

Am I the only one seeing TJ's eyes has been staring at Mi-ri most of the time.....even on BTS. :D:wub:

I can only see two likely reasons : Either 1) he can portray very well on his role as instructed by the director, or 2) he is attracted to her naturally because of her charm. Who doesn't like KSY (everybody likes her, she is so beautiful and can act well) :blush:

I am sure the rating will be gradually moving up because of this cute couple and their storyline, i read most comment on other sites including youtube, many ship for this couple in this drama. I have a feeling it will be a good ending for this couple although they will have a storm coming soon in between them.

BTW, pls remb to send us the youtube link (Eng sub) for Miri and TJ that attended the Variety show once ready. I am keen to see how they react in reality outside the drama.

PS : i enjoyed their sweet moment at the last part of EP28, he held her hand after the dinner, this could show their lovey dovey and the hand holding is controlling by TJ...you can rewatch that part again :lol:

Thanks Chingu (친구) :blush:

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I have a feeling it will be a good ending for this couple although they will have a storm coming soon in between them.

Of course. I think it will be a good ending for all the characters.

I am glad you are watching the drama too. Until September we`ll have lot of things to talk about. Hope there is time for that. :D

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

IS idea of “protecting” MR is probably from the negative paparazzi.. imagine the juicy news they could have whipped out of little MR against IS.. and that in turn, made IS look even worse under the scrutiny of upperclass Han family.

This excuse that young Mi Ri could have "suffered" from paparazzi harasment is so weak that I don`t want to hear it in this drama. I would prefere the explanation that In Sook abandoned her daughter for her ambitions, her own greed. 

But there is more questions about that night, about her reasons. She said to Sun ja that she left her daughter because she wanted her well. And she doesn`t seams to regret what she did. There are other inconsistencies between the character behavior. We have to have patience because i am sure the drama will answer all our questions.

For exemple, after watching the last episode with subtitles, I could understand a little more the relationship between In Sook and Chairman Han. I did mentioned in my previous comments that I observed the Tae Joo`s father is changing his moods really quickly. I could not understood his behavior towards In Sook. I still have to watch more but now I know that Chairman Han has this type of personality, he is impulsive.

He is old and has some health problems. Chairman Han is controling but for someone who all his life had absolute control in Hansung Group,  he sees now how In Sook is gaining more power in the company. He thinks she is working to grow her influence and he doesn`t like it. He saw how she manipulates subtly, using the press to her own advantage. He knows what she is capable. Chairman Han gave her a job in his company after he keep an eye on her, after she proved her "value". Not to forget that In Sook raised Tae Joo, and she could easily influence him.

If In sook is indeed after the more power in Hansung Group, I could see how the appearance of her daughter is ruining her plans. But the writer could give us other surprises for the character of Jeon In Sook. I am interested in this story.

On 5/4/2019 at 5:07 PM, sadthe1st said:

@maribella

Hide contents

part 1

and

Hide contents

part 2

i still need to wait till tmr midday to get the eng subs.. but it seems like, a particular dish on the table reminds MR of the same thing her mom cooked for her when she was young? something like that, and then IS got caught offguard when MR started sobbing? and she linked it back to Seung Yeon? ahhhhh gimme my eng subsssssss

hahaha.. anyway MR seemed relieved in the next ep preview, probably cos she thought her mom finally recognised her??  :frown: i dunno.. i doubt IS will just acknowledge her like that.. more likely she will need a backup plan to secure her position in Hansung..

I have just watched the weekend's episodes, I was not touched at all by IS calling MR to come to mama for a hug. The music and the downpour. :angry: I was right, push comes to shove IS always comes first which is why she told Mr. Park to accept MR's resignation

On 5/5/2019 at 1:59 AM, larus said:

Mi Ri is the noble idiot type but I don`t think she is the type to get confrontantional either. I don`t need to see her getting revenge, I just want her to be at ease. If she will forgive In Sook, fine. Someone said that forgiving is hard but not to forgive hurts more. I agree. When you forgive you set yourself free, you can move on. Mi Ri will not forgive so quickly In Sook but she has to open up when she is hurting, to not keep all the pain inside.

Sun ja knows her very well that`s why she worried so much when In sook appeared. She said that mi Ri is a softie inside. She said that when she was abandoned she never mentioned her mother (and we know that she never stop hoping that she will met her again), she accepted whatever the new family gave her without complaning about anything, she was so determined ever since to succeed in life to make her mom proud someday.

I could care less if In Sook is forgiven or not. I care about Mi Ri. In Sook mentioned Miri`s weakess when was about to abandone her. She told her to call her out and not cry alone when things will get bad for her. Mi ri became "tough", she was a perfectionist, everything worked well for her, she had lots of thorns and nobody knew her real self. Now Tae Joo saw the real Mi ri as well, when she is not at work.

It seems the writer purposely wrote the scene when IS went back to MR before abandoning her while telling her to say something, not to accept it. In the last episode, SJ used the same line, that MR kept how she felt about missing her mother for 28 years. 

I am rather ambivalent about this side of her character. She surely would not make GM at 34 by not making known what she wants. Unless her private persona and her public persona are opposite.

TJ is so straight forward, wearing his heart on his sleeve, how could the writer make him fall for MR? Opposites attract?

Edit: I was trying to add this part to my first post. Sorry it ends as a new post again.

12 hours ago, maribella said:

I am rather ambivalent about this side of her character. She surely would not make GM at 34 by not making known what she wants. Unless her private persona and her public persona are opposite.

TJ is so straight forward, wearing his heart on his sleeve, how could the writer make him fall for MR? Opposites attract?

i assumed being super smart and topping class with high grades MR could probably skipped a few years ahead of peers of same age? she did mention to TJ that she had been living life with a heart of steel at work.. and also, she is a perfectionist. see how serious she is at offsite visits in the boutiques, its 100% work dedication.

as for TJ, Chairman Han did rebuke him that for a child who lost his mom at young age, he craves for attachment. the GM from Hell must have left him a duper deep impression to be aroused his curiosity and attracted to her hahahaha :grimace:

and while waiting for MS AND HER FLYING KICK, im rewatching old kdrama I Have a Lover to kill time haha

Archived