[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

u know the scene of TJ and MR at the bibimbap place? she said something and TJ was so happy that he held her hand for a moment.. did she say that she is not leaving for the States? or that she decided to stay on in the co? :o if so, did Chairman decided to accept MR resignation which caused IS to fumble with her words? the preview had IS and MR being apologetic (in car scene) which im wondering why.. either i need to be patient for the eng subs or, I NEED TO LEARN KOREAN! lolol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Seeing the raw -  Does IS ask the assistant to process MR resignation?

I also suspect that. I think In sook knows that the Chairman is pressurring her. Why is so bad for people to find out that Mi ri is her daughter? I know that it will be a scandal but after so many years why she cares so much? I sense that we don`t know everything.  If she has a good reason or for selfish reasons. Whatever, I wish to know. 

5 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

she said something and TJ was so happy that he held her hand for a moment.. did she say that she is not leaving for the States? or that she decided to stay on in the co?

Yes, I believe she said that she won`t leave. Of course, he could not be more happy with this news.

5 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

if so, did Chairman decided to accept MR resignation which caused IS to fumble with her words? the preview had IS and MR being apologetic (in car scene) which im wondering why..

We know that the preview is not realiable source but it is affective in causing us curiosity.

I think that In Sook wanted to accept Mi Ri`s resignation for the Chairman to not digg much about her past with Mi ri. But I still think that Tae Joo`s father knows already. I just don`t trust this man. I have a feeling that he is behind the reporter as well. He is the master of puppets.

We`ll see.

There are many questions and I want answers right now.

2 hours ago, alleram95 said:

SJ:Crazy woman. Just hear what you are talking about. Now that you found out about your daughter, so what? I knew that you are not even a human, but I never thought that you would have any thoughts like that. How dare you, evil woman? If you knew that she is your daughter, you should kneel down and ask for forgiveness instead of coming here and blaming me. Are you calling yourself a mother?!

We now know for sure that In Sook and Sun ja were sisters-in-law.

I love that Sun ja told her some true words. In sook had the guts to come there to ask why Sun ja raised her daughter and not sending her to US? In Sook said to her face that she is uneducated and that she took her money to feed the other daughters some meat? And she is not greatful that she raised her to be a good woman?  OMG... it is too much.

She blames Sun ja that Mi Ri and her met in the same company? She is delusional. I get that it is not comfortabble for her this situation but why should Sun ja has to run away with her family and Mi ri  because she received some money? She better have a good reason to be so vocal now. Again... why she abandoned her daughter and thought that she did a good thing for her as a mom? She is crazy or it is something else? I WANT answers, show!

SJ: For 28 years, you laugh and smile as if nothing wrong. But inside, you are suffering while waiting for your mother to come and see you, aren't you?  

SJ: This girl is hiding it from us. For the long time she with us, she just keep quiet and pretend that she is okay and there is nothing wrong. She did that! If she really thinks me as her mother, how could she say nothing or show anything? How could she live like that? How could she hide it? I have shown everything to all of you, either I'm happy or tired while raising you. I showed all of it fairly to the three of you! So how could your sister hide it from me? Why did you do that to me?

The scene with Sun ja and three daughter was heartbreaking. Yes, Mi Ri did all of that and I anticipated why Sun ja was upset but I did not think that Sun ja will react this way. Well, it is in her personality. She tells exactly what she feels or thinks. She will forgive Mi ri because she loves her, because she is her daughter. She felt betrayed that Mi Ri was hiding her own feeling  but she knew that all this time. It really made me cry when Sun Ja rejected her and told her to leave. Please, reconcile quickly. :tears:

The preview...

Mi ri went to her mother`s restaurant to help or maybe to be forgiven. Tae Joo is taking the boss`s side and Park Tae Ri is asking how he knows .:D.. It was funny how Park Tae ri saw many times how Mi ri and Tae Joo came to work at the same time, having the same mood. When he will guess there is something between those two? :lol:

24 minutes ago, larus said:

We now know for sure that In Sook and Sun ja were sisters-in-law.

I love that Sun ja told her some true words. In sook had the guts to come there to ask why Sun ja raised her daughter and not sending her to US? In Sook said to her face that she is uneducated and that she took her money to feed the other daughters some meat? And she is not grateful that she raised her to be a good woman?  OMG... it is too much.

She blames Sun ja that Mi Ri and her met in the same company? She is delusional. I get that it is not comfortable for her this situation but why should Sun ja has to run away with her family and Mi ri  because she received some money? She better have a good reason to be so vocal now. Again... why she abandoned her daughter and thought that she did a good thing for her as a mom? She is crazy or it is something else? I WANT answers, show!

The scene with Sun ja and three daughter was heartbreaking. Yes, Mi Ri did all of that and I anticipated why Sun ja was upset but I did not think that Sun ja will react this way. Well, it is in her personality. She tells exactly what she feels or thinks. She will forgive Mi ri because she loves her, because she is her daughter. She felt betrayed that Mi Ri was hiding her own feeling  but she knew that all this time. It really made me cry when Sun Ja rejected her and told her to leave. Please, reconcile quickly. :tears:

It was sad.  Children with abandonment issues can go one way or another.

1-they act out trying the test the adult's commitment to them as a way of seeing if they will be abandoned again.  It is a way of protecting their hearts.

2-they work at being perfect. In someways they believe that there is something they might have done to cause the abandonment. They don't cause trouble, they don't ask for much, they express gratitude, and they work tirelessly at being perfect.  They often never show their true self because they fear their flaws might make them unworthy. They want to make sure that they are good enough to keep.

24 minutes ago, larus said:

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

2-they work at being perfect. In someways they believe that there is something they might have done to cause the abandonment. They don't cause trouble, they don't ask for much, they express gratitude, and they work tirelessly at being perfect.  They often never show their true self because they fear their flaws might make them unworthy. They want to make sure that they are good enough to keep.

Number 2 is Mi Ri.

After the last episode, I am very curious about In Sook. She gives mixed signals and I want to know how she is in reality.

I am thinking of a satisfying answer about her behavior but she is still a mistery.

How I wish the writer will give us more flashbacks from the past or at least more informations.

I asked some question regarding In Sook. Why she wants to keep Mi ri hidden? Why she said it was for her own good? Why In sook could not marry Chairman Han`s brother if she had a daughter?

But right now I have other questions. Why In Sook married her first husband? We know that Sun Ja`s husband died but what happened with In Sook`s husband? He died too? If that`s the case, he died before Seung yeon was six. I can`t imagine In sook in Kang family.

Why In Sook was afraid of darkness? It was shown in the earlier episodes.

Let say that Chairman Han does not know about In Sook and Mi Ri`s relationship but he will find out soon. So what? What he can do and why he cares?

About Han Tae Joo`s father. He is another mistery to me. Why he treats In sook so bad after so many years? One minute he gives her a compliment, the next he is angry with her. It was not just one time. For exemple, at the memorial of In sook`s husband. He was thanking her for the memorial, the next he asked her rudely if she comes up with a man in the house (because she is still young). He hates her, blames her for something or he has an obsession with her? I want to find out. I hope the show will answer some of the questions.

The seen between SJ and the 3-Mi- was so touching and hysterically funny.

SJ hitting Mi-Ri because she "wasn't as happy" and the others growing up. Mi-Ri swearing she was happy.

SJ claiming that if a mother could abandon her children by just paying money she would have abandon Mi-Sun and Mi-Hye long ago and Mi-Hye objecting.

Tears and laughter all around. 

Yeah, I found the music (shazam helped me) hehehhe

14 minutes ago, 123sara said:

Does anyone know the name of the song playing at the end of the episode, when Mi Ri and Tae Ju meet for dinner? The lyrics are in English.

Busy morning so no time to post. Just wanted to say the feminist in me might have been more thrilled than the Kdrama ahjumma in me when MR put her hand on TJ.

Thank god. The writer wrote a woman in her 30s who is successful. And didn't make her a wimp in private life.

The other plots. Blah blah blah. The standard weekend dramas. I will just wait. But gosh it feels so satisfying watching TJ and MR. Look at him he just up and went and held her hand. And said why. None of this idiotic close up of hands almost touching blah blah blah.

I have solid hope now we might have a pre mariage bed scene. Hahaha. Just kidding.

I'm not mad at IS for leaving her daughter behind.

Many a mother have had to leave children behind/given up children for various reasons.

I would be very surprised if the reasons that JS believes IS left MiRi behind is her true reason for doing so.

I suspect that IS is in some extended long game with the Chairman for some reason and she left MiRi behind to keep her safe.

MY UNSUPPORTED IDEA: IS insisting that Miri go abroad was to protect Miri from the chairman's family.  I wouldn't be surprised if MiRi is a dangerous to the corporation ownership claim.  THis is why the plot makes the chairman unaware of who Kang MIRI is to IS until the next couple of episode.  Had he known He would have dealt with MiRi before. 

The reason I'm angry with IS because of the way she treated Miri as Miri's boss.  

Did anyone else's eyes pop when IS said that Miri was mean to her?  . . .

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

I'm not mad at IS for leaving her daughter behind.

Many a mother have had to leave children behind/given up children for various reasons

again, im not a mother but i dont think i can leave my child behind and move on with my life jst like that... i hv cats and i could never give them away to someone else even when things get hard.. it would kill me.. i jst cant do it sobs.. let alone to leave a child behind like IS did..

if it is a matter of life and death i would understand.. maybe IS did that to protect MR who knows right... im not judging..if a mother is forced to leave a child behind, she must has her own reason and i respect that..

58 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

if it is a matter of life and death i would understand.. maybe IS did that to protect MR who knows right... but im not judging..if a mother is forced to leave a child behind, she must has her own reason and i respect that..

I can't understand how IS could leave a child like that in the cold and walk away.  Assuming that she married into the Han family, could she not have come back to claim her child after the death of her husband?  She took care of TS - which might have been wonderful for him, but IS personality screams $$$ only.  My bet is that she took care of TS since he would become the successor and she would have a gala time with that.  I did not even feel any love when she called MR to come and hug her.  It was just that she got scolded by MS that she came to talk.  Otherwise she would have been thankful to SJ for raising her child.  

27 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

again, im not a mother but i dont think i can leave my child behind and move on with my life jst like that... i hv cats and i could never give them away to someone else even when things get hard.. it would kill me.. i jst cant do it sobs.. let alone to leave a child behind like IS did..

if it is a matter of life and death i would understand.. maybe IS did that to protect MR who knows right... 

To each his/her own.

Where I come from town of mothers leave their children with family members and move away to work.

Some leave their children in the country and seek work in the city.

Some leave their children in their place of birth with family and immigrate to find work to support their children.

Some send their children to boarding schools for all kinds of reasons.

These separation are often very difficult for the parents and are seen as sacrifices to ensure their children's future.

It is often an easier choice when it is clearly a matter of life and death. 

In the holocaust many Jewish families sent their children to live with friends or strangers to keep them safe.

19 minutes ago, hushhh said:

To each his/her own.

Where I come from town of mothers leave their children with family members and move away to work.

Some leave their children in the country and seek work in the city.

Some leave their children in their place of birth with family and immigrate to find work to support their children.

Some send their children to boarding schools for all kinds of reasons.

These separation are often very difficult for the parents and are seen as sacrifices to ensure their children's future.

but in those cases, they dont completely cut contact and disappear.. they dont abandon their child. they jst live separately.. im talking about parents who left, abandoned their kids and nvr come back for them..like IS did to MR~~ but u are right.. to each his/her own. 

Taeju- ssi I don't think you can call Kang Miri " Miri- ya " yet. Not even " Miri." Even I felt uncomfortable watching you try it out. I think she is " Miri- ssi " till you prove yourself. Yunno, slay a dragon or 2. Or a father or aunt. * nudge, nudge, wink wink *

All jokes aside I was so preoccupied watching them to even realize till now that Kang Miri has a boyfriend. She skipped the whole formal dating stage and went straight to a boyfriend. Lol. Guy confessed first and all. And she initiated the 1st date and all. You guys know I am talking about the 1st day. Kang Miri has a boyfriend right? Right right right?

Golly golly gosh, I know she is a marketing director. But this is the first time I have seen a writer actually making a character consistent. Marketing personnel can't actually be scaredy cats. And she is known for being good at her job. That woman sure knows how to let her guy know she is interested. I really enioyed the scene.

But that squishy rice was darn distracting. Squish, squish, squish. Its not bimbimbap right? Can't believe the sound PD left the squishy, wet sound in. There was so much squishing and mixing. I felt as if the rice would have become puree by the time they finish that scene.

And IS? The Chairman was right. If she could abandoned her daughter to join the household she can sacrifice anything for her ambition. Just so we are clear here I believe she abandoned her daughter. She did not want her back or intend to bring her into the household later. There was nothing said to her young child.

This is nothing like those parents who left their children in another's care with a future reconciliation. There was no continuing contact after leaving her toddler.

And now back to my reality. Work, work, work. 

Weekend dramas makes me miss Korean food. Can't work out what food poster is in SJ's restaurant. She is supposed to be running a seolleontang jib but all I keep seeing is a jook jib poster. At least it reminds me of the posters I saw in Seoul. Its making me crave something hot.

In fact am going to have to hunt me down some bimbimbap today. In order to get rid of the squishy sound in my head. I can't repeat the scene.

All I hear is WET rice. Not the romantic moment. Gosh.

I just want to say that  So Yeon is so pretty and I can't believe she is 10 years older than Jong Hyun  :)  They look so fine together. I cried a river watching this episode. Everyone did a great job

48 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

But that squishy rice was darn distracting. Squish, squish, squish. Its not bimbimbap right? Can't believe the sound PD left the squishy, wet sound in. There was so much squishing and mixing. I felt as if the rice would have become puree by the time they finish that scene.

you.. you made me laugh out loud when i was coming back to office after lunch hahahaha :joy: yes that damn squishy sound is too loud but i dun think its bibimbap.. since TJ used a scissors to cut it.. glass noodles maybe?

3 hours ago, hushhh said:

Did anyone else's eyes pop when IS said that Miri was mean to her?  . . .

i have only watched the clips in korean for last evening’s ep so tonite i will have the one with eng subs and try catch this part lol

i dun think the plot has anything THAT dangerous to actually for IS to keep MR safe.. like, i dun think a family kdrama will have a storyline involving hitmen (then u see handsome Chang Ki Yong as cameo from Kill It) and freak accidents?? :grimace: unless its moving to an outrageous one where IS and SJ’s husbands were victims of some Chairman Han’s business conspiracies and she is all out there to seek revenge blah blah blah.. highly doubt it.

Lol don't  think  it's  japchae.  I would  mute the audio. Take a screenshot and shoot it my friends.  They would  kill themselves  laughing at me. Since they used to be  a group  of friends doing Kdrama translations.  They  would understand the joke.  If I send it to anyone else they would think I am crazy.  They  are all good Korean cooks.

Now I really have to look at the dish since I made the comment. Must be something  i haven't  tried before. 

@sadthe1st got it. Will post answer back later. It does look like mungbean noodles. I am used to guksu or somen but hardly use mungbean noodles except for japchae. And when I ordered it it already comes premixed without all the jabbing with the spoon.

And I am dying... your cut also has her putting her hand on his. My friends are now really, really going to laugh at me.

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Lol don't  think  it's  japchae.  I would  mute the audio. Take a screenshot and shoot it my friends.  They would  kill themselves  laughing at me. Since they used to be  a group  of friends doing Kdrama translations.  They  would understand the joke.  If I send it to anyone else they would think I am crazy.  They  are all good Korean cooks.

Now I really have to look at the dish since I made the comment. Must be something  i haven't  tried before. 

haha i screen captured it.. but realised i can only insert link not attachment

anyway here is a good view of what it is.. looks like glass noodles though..

Archived