[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

They have many problems, I think this is the smallest. :lol:

16 minutes ago, O said:

The only thing I dislike about MR and TJ relationship is that I don't like office romance, especially when one party is the boss.  It can be very uncomfortable for the couple and is unfair to the rest of the team.  

I have worked with my share of office couples.  When there's a problem either in the office or the couple has a falling out, things can get pretty ugly.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its OK.. i think we should have plenty of chances for a genuine kiss.. there is like, still many episodes ahead! but too many kisses at the beginning will result in more hurt when the complicating IS-MR and IS-TJ relationships get disclosed. so please save the kisses for later! :kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

The more i watch the more i richard simmons off with Kang Mi Rin's husband and her mother in law... Mi Rin should walk out from the house and bring Da Bin along.. leave the husband alone and makes him have a horrible life.. he should be lucky to have such a wonderful family whereby the mother in law is kind enough to take care of him and the house chores... 

As for the chairman.. if he hates In Sook so much, he should not make her as CEO in the first place. 

Looks like next week's episode, Mi Ri is resigning and leaving the company. I think she found out who is Han Tae Joo .... 

i dont hv kid yet but i gotta ask.. how hard is it to raise ONE child? why did MS act like her life is all over the place bcoz she is a working mother with a kid already in kindergarten? i just dont understand.. my sister recently had a baby and after she went back to work, she hires a nanny to take care of my niece.. she never bother my mom unless she has to travel for work. so i really dont understand this MS character.. her mom is literally in her place 24/7 to the point it made her useless husband feel uncomfortable IMO. 

but again since im not a mother myself maybe i should not judge her :sweatingbullets:

i asked my mom to watch this drama too and she said the real problem is SJ. She is an enabler.. she allowed MS to treat her like that. she thought she is helping her daughter but actually she makes her adult daughter more spoiled..  if SJ keeps meddling with MS’s family, MS will never be independent and learn to raise her fam on her own.. SJ needs to let MS go in order to make her grow up. 

1 hour ago, vaiduakhu said:

It's a grey line between a forced kiss and an active advance from the man in a relationship ^_^. I think in this case, they both have feelings for each other and MR's first impression is mostly surprise not disgust. It will be a forced kiss if MR hates TJ, he knows it but still tries to kiss her.

I agree...they do both have feelings for each other but I think MR is struggling with the shock and the embarrassment that she was caught unaware maybe. She might also have feelings for TJ but think that he's playing with her. He did get a nice whack from her with her handbag.

1 hour ago, vaiduakhu said:

Lol, I'm sure it isn't always that way. I'm a bad-temper person and marry my colleague but up to now, we can separate work issue and family problem pretty well.

frankly, i haven't experienced that.  I have seen couples side each other w/o knowing the facts.  Or worst, go off on a tangent and slam each other because of some conflict in their personal lives. I really hate to work with couples!

So glad that my organisation now has a rule - once the couple gets married, one has to leave the organisation :)

I am so looking forward to Mi-Ri, Sun-Ja and In-Sook meeting all together.

I hope it is public. 

I hope Tae-Joo is there to learn the truth about In-Sook in a way she can't lie herself out of.

Tae-Joo is the person I want to know the truth, because I want to watch In-Sook lose her insurance. 

The thing I like best about Tae-Joo is that he is a smart, thoughtful individual despite his family background.  Unlike so many scions he doesn't have an empathy deficit that the female lead has to overcome.

21 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i dont hv kid yet but i gotta ask.. how hard is it to raise ONE child? why did MS act like her life is all over the place bcoz she is a working mother with a kid already in kindergarten? Yes, raising one kid is that hard. i just dont understand.. my sister recently had a baby and after she went back to work, she hires a nanny to take care of my niece.. she never bother my mom unless she has to travel for work. I think they can't afford because MS's husband is selfish and self-indulgent and spends whatever extra money their might be on his man-toys that he enjoys alone. so i really don't understand this MS character.. her mom is literally in her place 24/7 to the point it made her husband feel uncomfortable IMO. 

but again since im not a mother myself maybe i should not judge her :sweatingbullets:

i asked my mom to watch this drama too and she said the real problem is SJ. She is an enabler.. she allowed MS to treat her like that. she thought she is helping her daughter but actually she makes her adult daughter more spoiled..  if SJ keeps meddling with MS’s family, MS will never be independent and learn to raise her fam on her own.. SJ needs to let MS go in order to make her grow up. 

By Western standards Sun-Juk is over involved in her adult children lives. She seems to be doing full-time parenting of Mi-Sun and Jin Soo.

There might not be any childcare support for middle-class family outside of grandparents in Korea.  I don't know.  Neither Mi-Sun or Jin Soo (even less so) are sufficiently grateful, but that might be due to cultural expectation that grandparent pitch in, not taking in account that grandparents might have jobs too.

The reason why Mi-Sun can't manage their home and family without help is because Jin Soo seems to think sperm donation is the entirety of fatherhood.  They both work, and he seems to have more control over his schedule than Mi-Sun does, yet he expects her to take care of the home and family as if he were the only one providing a paycheck.  When she threatened to quit her job and become a housewife he whine about how they would pay their bills.

Yes ,Sun-Juk is over-involved with their lives, but at least she does it from a place of generosity. The "help" that Mi-Ok provides is not helpful to Mi-Sun because Mi-Ok takes payment for it out of Mi-Sun's weary soul.

That Jin Soo comes home and see Mi-Sun doing housework after leaving her job, AND had the TEMERITY to ask for food--whining he was hungry, instead of ordering in for the family solidifies the impression that he is a worthless, selfish lout that Mi-Sun might be better off without.

Well, maybe it's cultural, but this familiar dinamic has a lot of issues. The husband is useless. The MIL is crazy. Sun Ja was doing too much and that's frustating, She has a life to take care and Mi Sun, I don't get this woman. Sometimes, I just want to slap her cause the way she treats her mom. I just hope Da Bin becomes a good person in the end  :sweat_smile:

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i dont hv kid yet but i gotta ask.. how hard is it to raise ONE child? why did MS act like her life is all over the place bcoz she is a working mother with a kid already in kindergarten? i just dont understand.. my sister recently had a baby and after she went back to work, she hires a nanny to take care of my niece.. she never bother my mom unless she has to travel for work. so i really dont understand this MS character.. her mom is literally in her place 24/7 to the point it made her husband feel uncomfortable IMO. 

I understand why SJ help MS with child and house care. It is same with my grandma who take care of me and my sibling when my mother was on the work. SJ want MS to save up money for nanny to buy house. But it was goes wrong as MS take it for granted. I agree with some people that said MS is spoiled, but her husband is more spoiled.

I am curios as how IS will be redeem towards the end of drama. As of now, IS is nowhere to be redeem. I know she will be sorry and whatever she will do at the end of drama, but what she do right now is wrong. And what is that being noble, she is not. I guess she will push Jung So hee to be couple with TJ.

I hope TJ and MR become couple next episode or sunday episode. They will have many obstacle, so just let them become strong couple before the storm.

41 minutes ago, Sheenigummy said:

I agree...they do both have feelings for each other but I think MR is struggling with the shock and the embarrassment that she was caught unaware maybe. She might also have feelings for TJ but think that he's playing with her. He did get a nice whack from her with her handbag.

She is embarrassed that she let TJ kissed her for 10 floors lol. MR is less conscious to her feelings towards TJ than TJ is. The fact that she just gently tab TJ while he's kissing her makes her realize that she already falls for him. That shocks her, not being kissed by TJ.

If MR does not like TJ, he would get a stomp on his foot immediately lol.

i agree that JS is a useless husband.. but if MS feels her life is miserable bcoz she has useless husband and insufferable MiL, then she hs to step up and do something about it.. she should not let her mom do everything for her.. or at least show some gratitude towards her mom.. it’s not her mom’s fault she has a lousy husband..

but omg SJ nags a lot. like A LOT. :sweatingbullets:. lol

Two wrongs don't make a right

7 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i agree that JS is a useless husband.. but if MS feels her life is miserable bcoz she has useless husband and insufferable MiL, then she hs to step up and do something about it.. she should not let her mom do everything for her.. or at least show some gratitude towards her mom.. it’s not her mom’s fault she has a lousy husband..

but omg SJ nags a lot. like A LOT. :sweatingbullets:. lol

6 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

So. After watching this weekend's episodes my spider sense is whispering in my ear.

What are the chances the chairman already knows about IS's past?

I'm starting to think he knows her back ground already and that is why he keeps placing Mi Ri in proximity with In Sook.

I started to laugh out loud when she started lecturing TJ about staying within his class of people. She has some nerve!

It is even more hilarious when she was shooting at MR about her lowly untitled background wanting to climb social ladder to chaebol status. Omg! The class act from her. She should look at the mirror before she preach this "'s h i t" .  How disgusting it must be for MR to hear this from her own mom. I'm surprised she didn't vomit right there. I feel so embarrassed on IS behalf because MR know who she is and where she came from. She ain't chaebol princess background.  She was just a famous news anchor before, abandoned her 6 year old child just to marry up - she is exactly that social ladder climbing "b i t c h" she was preaching to MR.

Finally watched everything with subs. Despite the romance, this episode made me really sad. I can't imagine how much pain MR is going through. She had always hoped her mom would return. She kept every photo, every news article she could find about IS, but then realizing she was just a fool and IS will never come back for her... that hurts so much. And she has no other method but to burn everything she's collected about IS. Burn her biological mother away from her memory.  To me that's just really sad. I hope IS makes up for this pain and hurt she caused later in the drama. She has a lot of repenting to do. 

I'm like MH a lot more lately, i think her character development is finally showing. I think the writer and director told her to act in an annoying way in the beginning to show some contrast. While MH is mean and says harsh words, I don't think she has ever done anything super bad to JB. JB just likes to tag along. I think MH probably is most like SJ of her daughters, saying things very harshly that she doesn't really mean. 

In contrast I am also getting a little annoyed with MS. She needs to get over her pride and figure out a way to either put her mother law in place and teach her husband a lesson. 

Perhaps, the writer is alternating between MH and MS to provide annoyance in the drama. haha. You need a bit of that and humour when MR's story is very sad. 

I had predicted the MR would leave, and in some ways I am glad she is. She doesn't need to take any of IS's richard simmons. Class or not, she's proven herself at the company with her hard work. Something IS has not done, despite having what she thinks is 'class'.... 

The old man TJ's dad is definitely up to something. I think he knows MR's identity, hence he would not have stopped the background check IS was doing on MR. And at the golf course, he said something like 'I like you IS' you're a smart woman. Perhaps he means it in a sarcastic manner. IS is definitely the dumb on here... especially if in her management a critical employee ends up resigning... it says a lot about her too... 

55 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

It is even more hilarious when she was shooting at MR about her lowly untitled background wanting to climb social ladder to chaebol status. Omg! The class act from her. She should look at the mirror before she preach this "'s h i t" .  How disgusting it must be for MR to hear this from her own mom. I'm surprised she didn't vomit right there. I feel so embarrassed on IS behalf because MR know who she is and where she came from. She ain't chaebol princess background.  She was just a famous news anchor before, abandoned her 6 year old child just to marry up - she is exactly that social ladder climbing "b i t c h" she was preaching to MR.

I was waiting for MR to told her directly to her face, who knows that better than a social climber herself

12 minutes ago, bananacad said:

Finally watched everything with subs. Despite the romance, this episode made me really sad. I can't imagine how much pain MR is going through. She had always hoped her mom would return. She kept every photo, every news article she could find about IS, but then realizing she was just a fool and IS will never come back for her... that hurts so much. And she has no other method but to burn everything she's collected about IS. Burn her biological mother away from her memory.  To me that's just really sad. I hope IS makes up for this pain and hurt she caused later in the drama. She has a lot of repenting to do. 

I'm like MH a lot more lately, i think her character development is finally showing. I think the writer and director told her to act in an annoying way in the beginning to show some contrast. While MH is mean and says harsh words, I don't think she has ever done anything super bad to JB. JB just likes to tag along. I think MH probably is most like SJ of her daughters, saying things very harshly that she doesn't really mean. 

In contrast I am also getting a little annoyed with MS. She needs to get over her pride and figure out a way to either put her mother law in place and teach her husband a lesson. 

Perhaps, the writer is alternating between MH and MS to provide annoyance in the drama. haha. You need a bit of that and humour when MR's story is very sad. 

I had predicted the MR would leave, and in some ways I am glad she is. She doesn't need to take any of IS's richard simmons. Class or not, she's proven herself at the company with her hard work. Something IS has not done, despite having what she thinks is 'class'.... 

The old man TJ's dad is definitely up to something. I think he knows MR's identity, hence he would not have stopped the background check IS was doing on MR. And at the golf course, he said something like 'I like you IS' you're a smart woman. Perhaps he means it in a sarcastic manner. IS is definitely the dumb on here... especially if in her management a critical employee ends up resigning... it says a lot about her too... 

IS let her pride and emotions get in her way of judgement and managing the company. TJ told her that MR is a devoted worker to company and an asset to Co that she shouldn't lose. Did she listen to it?  No. She just want her revenge and to teach MR a lesson for rejecting her offer of friendship and get close to her.

I hate IS to the max, she's manipulative, heartless social climber that have a nerve to call MR a social climber, I want to slap her in the face. :rage::rage:

That kiss tho, MR hit TJ after they out of the lift, after she let him kiss her from 8th to 18th floors, don't u think that's kinda late girl?? :joy::joy:

and now we have to wait a long week for next episode :bawling::bawling:

7 hours ago, Juni Asat said:

That kiss tho, MR hit TJ after they out of the lift, after she let him kiss her from 8th to 18th floors, don't u think that's kinda late girl?? :joy::joy:

if i let a guy kiss me from 8th to 18th floors, yep we’re getting married lol 

I just finished the latest episode..wow..despite the sudden kiss...i like that TJ is very straight forward with his feelings toward MR.. he does not hesitate despite the age gap..the plot is fast moving in terms of MR  and IS.. still cant get enough og HONG JONG HYUN and his portrayal of TJ..

Archived