[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Ever Night 2 将夜 2

Lynne

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, llmantisll said:

Just watched the first episode and the cast change is already being felt.  I think I can eventually get use to Dylan Wang as Ning Que but not having Leon back as the Emperor and Zoey Meng back as Ye Hong Yu is really gonna be tough for me to get use to. Seeing a whole new imperial family in the first episode was kinda weird to say the least. Bummer......

Same feeling. Leon Lai as emperor was much more calm and dignified. This new emperor behaves in an erh unconventional manner, a little too jovial I must say. And Ye Hong Yu, the princess as well as the Fu Zi's disciples (the females) have been changed - sorry to say, their faces are more plain? (no offense to the current actresses). And I miss the arrogant and surly look that Ning Que had - this one is too playful and bright.  :o

And why do they no longer call Adam Cheng 'si fu', they call like lao shi? Strange...

53 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

And why do they no longer call Adam Cheng 'si fu', they call like lao shi? Strange...

Maybe it's what they call him in the novel. They don't call him FuZi, they call him "Teacher" and "Headmaster". Mind you, I've no idea what FuZi means lol, but now they translate the name as "Sage" 

I know this drama has the same director, but does it have a different writer? That would explain some of these changes from s1

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Same feeling. Leon Lai as emperor was much more calm and dignified. This new emperor behaves in an erh unconventional manner, a little too jovial I must say. And Ye Hong Yu, the princess as well as the Fu Zi's disciples (the females) have been changed - sorry to say, their faces are more plain? (no offense to the current actresses). And I miss the arrogant and surly look that Ning Que had - this one is too playful and bright.  :o

I was never really a fan of Leon before, but I really did enjoyed his role as the Emperor. As for the Fu Zi's female disciples, I believe the 3rd sister is the same actress. Glad she stayed on. I'm crossing my fingers hoping it gets better. I have only seen the first episode and a little on the fence with it. I don't hate but don't love it either. Fingers crossed......

10 hours ago, llmantisll said:

Just watched the first episode and the cast change is already being felt.  I think I can eventually get use to Dylan Wang as Ning Que but not having Leon back as the Emperor and Zoey Meng back as Ye Hong Yu is really gonna be tough for me to get use to. Seeing a whole new imperial family in the first episode was kinda weird to say the least. Bummer......

Yeah.. just as I'm getting used to see Leon Lai as the Emperor and loving it when he threw a hissy fit at the enemies or anyone who threaten to kill Ning Que.. it's so endearing!

But the new Emperor is just too weird.

The princess, Ye Hong Yu and the queen? Omg. Don't get me started.

I'm fine with DW as NQ as he has a certain mischievous look on him that made him suitable for the role as NQ.

I'm not sure why Fuzi is always eating.... are they promoting chinese delicacies to us? :lol:

On 1/13/2020 at 11:24 AM, Lbpg said:

About why does Mo Shanshan get top billing along with NQ, SS, and Fuzi, I heard it's probably because the actress's name is more popular than other primary characters. But with the new trailer, it does seem they're playing her up, which is strange (dejavu from EN1 incoming) 

in ep 3 , 4 I see how SangSang felt awkward and uneasy and NQ stil seem to have some left over feelings atleay that how I understood and I was sad for SS

8 hours ago, llmantisll said:

I had 13 disciples cooking and catering to me, I would be chilling and eating as much as Fu Zi too. :relaxed:

Count me in that is die for, Order whatever and eat the food leisurely  :grin:

21 hours ago, starry58 said:

2 episodes down. Might subscribe to VIP to watch more episodes and see how this goes.

does wetv release eps with subs fast? Anyone know? If so I want to subscribe too

Sangsang 

Spoiler

I saw latest ep without subs, she coughed and the stone tones to ice.  She was terrified. Anybody who read the novel please share ur thoughts 

4 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

in ep 3 , 4 I see how SangSang felt awkward and uneasy and NQ stil seem to have some left over feelings atleay that how I understood and I was sad for SS

NQ is clear about his feelings, but he always feels awkward about her. Her role in this second part is not that big, other than some key events where she helps people escape and leads her country in war. As far as story development, it's definitely not as big as some of the disciples, or Ye Qin (Ye Su). But if they wanted to emphasize the love triangle like they did in EN1, then it makes sense they do that lol

does wetv release eps with subs fast? Anyone know? If so I want to subscribe too

Yes, they're subbed already when they show up, idk if there's a lag in when they show up, but they were there already at Monday morning 5am for me on Pacific time, I can't remember what that is on local time for them. 

Sangsang 

Reveal hidden contents

I saw latest ep without subs, she coughed and the stone tones to ice.  She was terrified. Anybody who read the novel please share ur thoughts 

Spoiler

She's pretty much dying. You would not be able to tell that from how she is with NQ on the early part of the journey, though. If you want to know why... 

Spoiler

Her body is inhabited by Haotian, which consumes her inner strength, if you want to think about it that way. So during the battle at the end of EN1, when she uses her power to connect with NQ as his natal item, she depletes and is consumed instead by the "chilling disease". She drinks and works non stop to warm her body enough so she doesn't freeze. This journey they're on is to cure this disease, but once they find out the cause - Haotian - everyone wants to kill her and him for protecting her. 

I don't recall MSS being that big of a character in the novel (been a long time since i skimmed and dropped). Maybe they just need more angst for the plot and screentime for the actress? When I was still reading, I was on team Ye Hongyu because she wasn't romantically interested in NQ. I know I been ragging on SYR, but she is well casted and SS is actually a great character. I'm still trying to understand why I was never on the SS/NQ ship (novel or series). Certainly, I'm not so shallow enough to be hindered by looks? <_< Maybe, it's NQ that I never really liked haha. 

Everybody but NQ is plainer in the face lol. Oh! The new flower addict is good-looking but in that generic kinda way you see a lot on the internet. The old one was perpetually upset...well she was in love with LQ after all...

Yes! The quality of the production is what has been off for me, but I just couldn't put my finger on it! 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

anyway back to the plot yes Mss wasnt suppose to have such a big roles.....im not sure if they trying to milk the popularity or the waves it will create with MSS in the screen to create ruckus.....

it just doesnt feel right

I think that the conflict in the novel is so philosophical, that the writer probably feels they need to fill in with a love triangle to keep the masses entertained. My 2 cents. I agree it doesn't feel right, but we're used to it from s1 :)

@crackaddict if I had not seen EN1 and just internalized SS based on the novel, I wouldn't have warmed up to her at all. Her character is described as so utilitarian and emotionless, it's hard for me to relate to her. But it fits the plot better than a cheery girl, but it's not as nice to look at haha

47 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

@Lbpg thanks for your explanation.more questions. what does Haotian mean?

Haotian is the girl in white that runs hand in hand with SangSang at the beginning of the 1st episode, after the fight.

Spoiler

she's god / hades

47 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

Also in second ep NQ introduced SS as his wife to the soldier. Are they married or Ss is his fiancé?

In EN1, they talk about getting married and he seeks her parents' permission (which in the novel happens only just before they set out on this trip to cure her) but you don't see them getting married. that's something that was unclear in the drama (if memory serves) but in the novel:

Spoiler

they're not married, they do get married later on - we should see this in EN2. He calls her his wife because for all intents and purposes, they're pretty much married, though they don't yet behave like a couple, beyond words. Their physical relationship develops very sweetly later on, unsure how the drama will show this.

1 hour ago, Kachan02 said:

@Lbpg thanks for your explanation.more questions. what does Haotian mean? Also in second ep NQ introduced SS as his wife to the soldier. Are they married or Ss is his fiancé?

CMIIW Haotian is someone/god that worshipped by Xiling people

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

hahaha S1 was already a wreck at certain point however from what i can see S2 is wrecking more havoc than just s1

Seriously! And beyond the MSS thing, the continuity issues are kind of random. In ep1 (lol i haven't been able to bring myself to watch more just yet, i'll binge over the weekend) they have him visit the palace while wearing his secret bodyguard robes. In EN1 it's stated that the next time he'd wear those robes would be at his funeral, so that his identity would not be revealed (i've rewatched it too many times lol :w00t:) Fans care about the details..

Screenshots from EN1 for reference in spoiler tags (and also because the original costume is so much nicer, too :rolleyes:)

Spoiler

Whats-App-Image-2020-01-14-at-10-30-51-P

Spoiler

Whats-App-Image-2020-01-14-at-10-31-06-P

Spoiler

Whats-App-Image-2020-01-14-at-10-31-41-P

28 minutes ago, angelangie said:

im not sure about you guys i know in a clips on MSS during the making or filming i asked a friend of mine whether is that a flop of feathers on top of her head :x

LOL no idea, but it's the same production team, could they not recycle and alter costumes? :/ i think i need to see a picture of said flop of feathers hahaha

Spoiler

she becomes a queen, so maybe it's something related to that? but.. feathers? lol. maybe because of the brushes from calligraphy.. is there any relation? NQ would be likelier to wear feathers, because of the bow and arrows, if they are putting them in some sort of superhero-themed costumes LOL

13 minutes ago, a_tumiwa said:

do you think this season they will reveal the secret of black umbrella?

who knows... even the novel (at least in the English translation) is a bit ambiguous. we're told it's found next to SS's body in the pile of corpses and she is the one that insists on bringing it along, but this is 1st half content (i think?)

the origin as i understood it from the so-so translation is

Spoiler

the umbrella is a tool of Haotian. it protects SS and by extension NQ. the umbrella begins to lose power at some point in the story

Archived