3.#唐人街探案# 

4.#庆余年# 

5.#将夜2#  - Ever Night 2

6.#乡村爱情12# 

7.#蓬莱间# 

8.#身为一个胖子# 

9.#梦回# 

10.#剑王朝# 

@angelangie yes I saw that and I'm very happy about it. 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Hehehe, I actually find it funny. Wonder if it's an added humour or something. Lol

Wait till you get to the episode whereby chen pipi talked about 

Hide contents

Deliveryoo/grab food/food panda type of services. Lol

Seriously! Is this suppose to be time-travel drama or something with modern twist?

12 hours ago, Lbpg said:

In EN1 pizza hut was one of the sponsors. There were scenes with actual pizza hut food. Even fantasy dramas need monies! 

There are some dramas which have advert cuts in between breaks (like soft drinks in period dramas) but for this show, they make it as tho its a normal thing in the show....

let's talk about geography,

i dont know whether they release official map in novel or promotion?

at least we can find one from the tang palace.

so far , there are 4 states/kingdoms mentioned

Tang Kingdoms

- First and Second Floor Tang Academy

- Hidden Sword Pavilion

- South branch of Haotian sect

Dahe State

- Mochi Garden (mo shan2)

Yuelue/Yuelun State

- Tian Qing

- Rooten Wood Temple (branch of Tian Qing)

Yan State

- ??

Xiling State

- Xuankong Temple

- Zhishou Temple

South Jin

- South Jin Sword Pavilion (Liu Bai's sect)

non-state:

- Grasslander/Badlands (West badlands = golden horde)

- Huang Ren Tribe (East Badlands)

- Demonic Cult (defunct sect)

Other States:

- Chen State

- Song State

Screenshot-17.jpg

dont know which circle is Tang?

10 hours ago, n3bula said:

Hello. So I guess it's impossible for people not to compare S1 to s2. Still I think if one keeps comparing it then you can't enjoy s2. I'm actually enjoying s2 very much.

S2 started with a more relaxed NQ who isn't seeking revenge. It's concentrating more on NQ'S love for SS and finding a cure. So in my opinion NQ character is at a different stage of his life now.

I have no trouble enjoying Season 2 at all. I nitpicked at S1 too when it aired :). I'm invested in this story since reading the novel and coming from a different cultural/ religious background, the drama helps me to understand the novel better by visualising the scenes.

I agree that NQ is at a different point when we first met him. NQ S1 was driven by revenge towards XH. S2 is about protecting the one he loves.DW does have better chemistry with SYR and his delivery of romantic scenes is more heartfelt. Although, IMHO between CFY, DW and SYR, SYR is still the better actor.

I think people are making comparisons because the inconsistency is great - change of actors, appearance (wardrobe, sets), fight choreography, special effects etc. S1 already have a watered down version of NQ (compared to the book) and S2 toned it down further. Book NQ is a cold, cold guy. However, regardless of the comments, I think people will continue watching because this martial arts drama is different from what we've been served with before.

4 hours ago, dzareth said:

I have no trouble enjoying Season 2 at all. I nitpicked at S1 too when it aired :). I'm invested in this story since reading the novel and coming from a different cultural/ religious background, the drama helps me to understand the novel better by visualising the scenes.

Agreed, though so far I think my imagination was doing a better job at some scenes, ha. But when your imagination doesn't have budget restrictions, I guess that's to be expected. That novel was a massive time and emotional investment for me, I just hoped for better, but it's still okay to watch. 

4 hours ago, dzareth said:

I think people are making comparisons because the inconsistency is great - change of actors, appearance (wardrobe, sets), fight choreography, special effects etc. S1 already have a watered down version of NQ (compared to the book) and S2 toned it down further. Book NQ is a cold, cold guy. However, regardless of the comments, I think people will continue watching because this martial arts drama is different from what we've been served with before.

That's the baffling part - why is it so different when it has the production team, unless it's by design because of the different actors. They just went the extra step and distanced it further to make it stand on its own. That's fine, just wish they'd kept the quality the same. 

BTW I know c-netz are unforgiving when it comes to rating things on Douban, but this was interesting. Begging for 4-star reviews just to enhance the ML actor. This drama is very polarizing!

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4461494177169795

12 hours ago, firipy said:

Seriously! Is this suppose to be time-travel drama or something with modern twist?

Ironically, the novel is, but only as it pertains to NQ, and it's not overt (or shown at all, we'll see) in the drama. 

12 hours ago, firipy said:

There are some dramas which have advert cuts in between breaks (like soft drinks in period dramas) but for this show, they make it as tho its a normal thing in the show....

Yep! EN1 they had a restaurant in many scenes that used pizza hut iconography not just the food. It was hilarious. At least it wasn't the subway you see in most Korean dramas lol. 

4 hours ago, Lbpg said:

. That novel was a massive time and emotional investment for me, I just hoped for better, but it's still okay to watch. 

I’m planning to read Novel to get more off NQ and SS. I see it is a very very big novel. Can u give ur tot on it as I’m planning to invest time for this.

9 hours ago, FY034 said:

Does anyone realize that Long Qing loves Sang Sang? In episode 2, he said "I like her". In Season 1 of Ever Night, seeing Sang Sang for the first time, Long Qing wanted Ning Que to sell Sang Sang to him

LQ does not "love" SS. Initially LQ was fascinated by her ability to hold her liquor. But LQ's treatment towards SS (thinking she was for sale/exchange) upsets NQ. And seeing how NQ loses his cool whenever LQ brings up SS into their conversation, LQ continues to mention SS to rile NQ up. 

On NQ's part he probably has a teeny weeny bit of jealousy because SS once thought the prince of yan handsome and wore makeup to steal a galance at him:D

To borrow a quote from NQ when he explained how people tried to use SS to get him "They thought SS is my life line. She is not. SS is my life." 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:02 AM, Kachan02 said:

I’m planning to read Novel to get more off NQ and SS. I see it is a very very big novel. Can u give ur tot on it as I’m planning to invest time for this.

Go for it! It's an epic read. It's huge because it's a web novel and apparently character count is important haha. There's a lot of repetition throughout, which I found helpful since there are so many characters and situations, it's good to be reminded, but you can also skim and skip. 

As was mentioned earlier here, the novel version of NQ (and the story overall) is more intense, violent, emotional, arrogant, and well-developed than EN1 and much more so than EN2 (from what's been shown so far).

Plot holes and wild left turns in the plot are there towards the last quarter, it isn't perfect, but I enjoyed it. If you watched EN1 you'll see most of it in it, very few changes. (actually, the end of EN1, from the moment NQ confronts Xia Hou to the end of their fight, is much better in the novel, and it's already fantastic in the drama.)

So far EN2 it's not as close in tone or details, though the primary story line / sequence is there. If you can get through the first 100 chapters (they go fast) I'd say stick with it. 

There's a thread here on soompi that discusses the novel, if you want I can dm you a link. 

I downloaded epubs and read it on Google books so I could annotate and highlight as I read, but that's my style. Helps me to look up things quickly, like that fight with LQ on episode 2 where the chopsticks come out of nowhere.

Man, did they change the dynamics in that fight *big time*. But I suppose cannibalism won't really pass muster with the censors :joy: so I understand why they did what they did, but not to the extent they did it, which nullified the importance of that fight. He hits Knowing Destiny in that fight!! That's a huge deal!! 

If you want to get a point of comparison for this particular fight, read chapters 535 and 536. You can look them up online and read for free on several sites. The novel is called Nightfall, by Mao Ni. 

Spoiler

At the end of the series, Ning Que is married to HaoTian and they have a child. Sang Sang is HaoTian's avatar. HaoTian has memories of SangSang but she is not the same as the original SangSang, HaoTian is strong and arrogant. Ning Que knew that HaoTian was not SangSang, but he still loved her, because it was SangSang's last wish.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:26 AM, dzareth said:

I agree that NQ is at a different point when we first met him. NQ S1 was driven by revenge towards XH. S2 is about protecting the one he loves.DW does have better chemistry with SYR and his delivery of romantic scenes is more heartfelt. Although, IMHO between CFY, DW and SYR, SYR is still the better actor.

Good to know you're enjoying s2. 

Yes Didi and YiRen's chemistry makes the NingSang love story believable.  

Archived