[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Ever Night 2 将夜 2

Lynne

4 minutes ago, transort said:

Wth they changed Long Wong’s voice. Dumb

Here's a list of all the voice actors. I can't tell who they are but here's a quick rundown of who's getting dubbed without their own voice:

NQ, Li manman, LQ, YeHongyu, princess, Chao, Chen Pipi’s dad(?), a couple of xilin priests and a bunch of characters that I do not recognize.  

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4460432771072326

So, a lot!! This is a very different production from 1, kinda sloppy imo

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, starry58 said:

So this is it! I was surprised of the air date!!

I can't tell from the trailers if Didi's voice is dubbed or is he using his own voice? Waiting on subbed episodes. Viki got license. Yay!!

His voice is dubbed and her is different too.  It seems so different after watching the 1st ep.  Hopefully I will get use to it. 

8 hours ago, starry58 said:

So this is it! I was surprised of the air date!!

I can't tell from the trailers if Didi's voice is dubbed or is he using his own voice? Waiting on subbed episodes. Viki got license. Yay!!

No need to wait, WeTV has them already available as of 8pm local time in China on their app, already subbed in English. Link is posted on a comment a bit further up. 

Watched the first episode. Ning Que's new face, while still youthful, has a completely different feel. This new guy has some obvious bags under his eyes in some shots. The king's new face is equally as attractive as his old face. Everyone else that got a new face feels like a downgrade in beauty. Maybe it will just take some time to get used to them.

The only royal family member that remained the same is the annoying middle brother...ugh.

Sang Sang of course remained the same---still looking 12 years old lol so it's a lil weird to see her and NQ flirting haha. I will say that the actress "feels" like an adult despite how she looks. 

2 hours ago, crackaddict said:

Sang Sang of course remained the same---still looking 12 years old lol so it's a lil weird to see her and NQ flirting haha. I will say that the actress "feels" like an adult despite how she looks. 

You know what's worse, it really looks like Dao MingSi hitting on a kid. This is just weird. I know SS in the drama is very different than in the novel, but this SS is like unreal. She's supposed to be dying, but look at her! What the heck

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4460429893799378

It's prob because SYR is so little and thin is why she looks like a preteen to me. I don't actually think her face looks all that young. I'm also still getting used to NQ...well everybody. 

I thought the first 2 episodes were kinda slow...I guess I will stick around for a few more episodes. I enjoyed the first season very much but know that this season is a completely different set up (skimmed the novel a long time ago). 

wait wait...ohh what baidu says that SYR is roughly 5'2 (looks smaller than that tho) and 80 lbs hahahah wth. That's so tiny!!! awwwww!!! hhaaaa awww that's so cute!!! haha it's prob not helping her that the actors that she's worked with are all quite tall. 

I'm invested for sure, I'll watch the whole thing, but so far episode 1 has been more than an adjustment, it's been choppy, poorly edited, and (funny, I had the opposite impression than you, @crackaddict) rushed. 

Spoiler

The goodbyes at the academy, the character introductions, you get very little concern from them or interactions. All those goodbyes were wordless and emotionless. 

The scene with the royal family, I know this is the last time he'll see the emperor alive, per the novel, anyway, but you don't get a sense that this is monumental to the story, except for the song they use. 

It's just strange, they assume that people didn't watch s1 because they used all those Arthur flashbacks (lol) but at the same time they don't bother to create continuity in the story and make you care. 

I really want it to get better, honestly. I'm not a Dylan Wang fan, but I also didn't think Arthur necessarily had the gravitas needed for the really hard scenes later, so I'm okay with the change. The quality of the production so far is the biggest disappointment, really.

I am looking forward to eating my words soon, though :D, that would make me happy. 

23 hours ago, Lbpg said:

About why does Mo Shanshan get top billing along with NQ, SS, and Fuzi, I heard it's probably because the actress's name is more popular than other primary characters. But with the new trailer, it does seem they're playing her up, which is strange (dejavu from EN1 incoming) 

:rage: Not this again!

22 hours ago, Lbpg said:

Long Qing trailers released 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4460245692476969

And WOW so that's how they're gonna play it... Flashbacks to EN1 with Arthur Chen's face blocked out!! Too funny

2nd trailer: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4460249471310357

:lol: It's like a parody. LMAO!

22 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

they need to release an infographic poster about which actor/actress change to the new one

Seriously! I don't know who 95% of these people are anymore. It's hard enough to put names to faces for the same actors after a long break between seasons but now they have cast totally new actors too:blink:

19 hours ago, n3bula said:

EN s2 premieres tonight at 8pm! 

I find it so weird how C-dramas just air suddenly out of nowhere.  I am too used to other countries where airing dates are fixed and there is lots of pre-release build-up.

9 minutes ago, a_tumiwa said:

the subs translation feels bad either

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Who is Lady Water Drops?

Screenshot-20200114-101003-We-TV.jpg

That's the prostitute that his talisman teacher used to be with, the one from the chicken soup calligraphy. Her name is translated as Dew Drop in the novel, no idea what it was in EN1. 

Bummer! I wanted to hear Didi's voice. SYR sounds the same to me.

I didn't really get to watch season 1 so can't compare. But I am also adjusting.. seeing DaoMingZi as NingQue LOL. And seeing SangSang instead of SanChai LOL. But I am liking NQ's and SS' chemistry. Sooo they are married??? He referred to her as his wife. Hope we get some kisses (not smack) and romantic scenes. Hihihi!!

2 episodes down. Might subscribe to VIP to watch more episodes and see how this goes... I am still confused with storyline and characters (watching the series with zero background prep which I should've lol)

Production quality is very poor episode 1. Besides Fu Zhi speaking, everyone that is dubbed or not dubbed doesn’t sync with the lips. Doesn’t have the same feel as Ever Night 1. Disappointing so far. Also why dub Long Qing voice when it’s the same actor? That’s a bit head scratcher. 

30 minutes ago, transort said:

Production quality is very poor episode 1. Besides Fu Zhi speaking, everyone that is dubbed or not dubbed doesn’t sync with the lips. Doesn’t have the same feel as Ever Night 1. Disappointing so far. Also why dub Long Qing voice when it’s the same actor? That’s a bit head scratcher. 

omg , so Long Qing is the same actor? i thought different actors (hairdo, costume, make-up, voice are all so differents than season 1):w00t:

13 minutes ago, a_tumiwa said:

omg , so Long Qing is the same actor? i thought different actors (hairdo, costume, make-up, voice are all so differents than season 1):w00t:

Yeah, his character, after leaving the cave with the half-man and the abbey, is transformed, so i guess they changed the visuals to match his current level of evil-ness. Remember the ending of EN1 with him all buff and power-drunk? This is the outcome.

48 minutes ago, transort said:

Ah yeah, the syncing is distracting too, but idk, i feel that that's common when dubbing is involved. even if perfect, your mind plays tricks on you because you know those sounds aren't coming out of their mouths (or anything else in the scene). The editing is not great, regardless.

Douban reviews are a mixed bag: https://movie.douban.com/subject/30417132/

Apparently the story/speed/quality/liking(??? i don't know what) gets better on episode 4 :)

Just watched the first episode and the cast change is already being felt.  I think I can eventually get use to Dylan Wang as Ning Que but not having Leon back as the Emperor and Zoey Meng back as Ye Hong Yu is really gonna be tough for me to get use to. Seeing a whole new imperial family in the first episode was kinda weird to say the least. Bummer......

I thought the special effects has promise (LQ vs NQ scene), but they do looked rushed and a bit jarred. I wish they were much smoother. I remember thinking the talisman special effects in S1 were awesome especially when Yan Se (that's his name!) was using it. And the track accompanying the talismans were cool too.

I really liked CFY's voice in S1, so I'm really unhappy with this one. The cast changes are unfortunate, I already missed previous emperor (Leon Lai), empress, princess (Tong Yao), YHY and others, but do they have to change the fashion style and hair too? Why is almost everyone getting a perm of sorts?? Although, current LQ looks quite good (except his hair)...

32 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I thought the special effects has promise (LQ vs NQ scene), but they do looked rushed and a bit jarred. I wish they were much smoother. I remember thinking the talisman special effects in S1 were awesome especially when Yan Se (that's his name!) was using it. And the track accompanying the talismans were cool too.

Thanks for the name lol. So many characters... the special effects, i think i'll need to watch it again on my tv. on the phone at 5AM my time they didn't look very special, ha! One of the things I liked about EN1 was that the effects didn't look cheesy. So far, I can't tell what I'm looking at, and whether it smells like cheese.

32 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I really liked CFY's voice in S1, so I'm really unhappy with this one. The cast changes are unfortunate, I already missed previous emperor (Leon Lai), empress, princess (Tong Yao), YHY and others, but do they have to change the fashion style and hair too? Why is almost everyone getting a perm of sorts?? Although, current LQ looks quite good (except his hair)...

I didn't even notice the royal family's costumes in that scene, I was too busy looking at NQ's secret bodyguard robes, and feeling bad for DW. Those clothes look SO much better on CFY :rolleyes:. The actress that replaced Tong Yao - is it me or did she not know she is acting in a drama? She looked like she was painted onto the set. Li Yu is such an arrogant and petulant woman, Tong Yao made it hard to take your eyes off her. 

Archived