[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Ever Night 2 将夜 2

Lynne

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, the battles has been disappointing and too watered down. NQ didn’t use his talisman writing n big black umbrella is not opened when it should be. Watched till ep12 on WeTv app. Still getting used to the changed casts, NQ’s dubbed voice which doesn’t match Dylan n the scene continuity. SYR captures the soul of SS’s torment very well as the Daughter of Yama.  

5 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

flashback to season 1

actually Ning Que got his demonic power from learning Ke Haoran's swordsplay or transferred by elder of demon sect?

He gets it from Lian Sheng, the guy in shackles in the demon sect temple thing. He's the one that gives him the knowledge of techniques like Taotie, the demon dog thing you see in the fight with Long Qing in ep1.

He learns Haoran sword in that same place where he fights Lian Sheng and uses it to defeat him, if memory serves. 

The way I see it, they should've continued filming part 1 and 2 in one go but can still seperate it in 2 seasons bcos at this rate, where the story seemed to flow based on season 1 but with some different actors except for the ML and the emperor, the story got a bit confusing, i keep having to scratch my head trying to remember the supporting characters and their stories from part 1.

Honestly tho, i miss seeing CFY as NQ..

11 hours ago, Lbpg said:
11 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

@Lbpg thanks for your explanation.more questions. what does Haotian mean?

Haotian is the girl in white that runs hand in hand with SangSang at the beginning of the 1st episode, after the fight.

I never expected this, so is SS actually daughter of light or her powers are harnessed from this Haitian gal? Also the cold is caused by her too? So all SS and NQ has to find a way to driver her away and they can live as happily ever after? 

OMG ep 5

Spoiler

Ep 5 was splendid. So SS was the cause of NQ family demise? She feels terrible though she was child at that time. Despite all this he didn’t let her go and I’m proud of NQ he decided with in a min what is important formhimand fighting against the world. Glad his academy family his behind him.

can u guys share ur thoughts on this?

4 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

I never expected this, so is SS actually daughter of light or her powers are harnessed from this Haitian gal? Also the cold is caused by her too? So all SS and NQ has to find a way to driver her away and they can live as happily ever after? 

Yep! That's the main conflict. 

I may be nitpicking but in the first episode when NQ bids farewell to all the disciples, they didn't include Jun Mo (2nd brother).  I found that weird and it seems to have left that scene feeling incomplete. So based on that scene it looks like of the 13 disciples, there is a change of 3 different actors. Ning Que (13th brother), Mu You (7th Sister) and 8th brother (don't know his name). Going to fully start watching it now since it is now uploaded on Youtube. 

12 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Actually I thought the lady in white was introduced as "Tian nu" when she was first appeared in episode 1?

I might need to rewatch again to confirm.

5 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Actually I thought the lady in white was introduced as "Tian nu" when she was first appeared in episode 1?

I might need to rewatch again to confirm.

Maybe, but that's definitely Haotian. She's credited as such also on cast lists. 

25 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

I love how the Tang king backs NQ (at least with words for now) and says I cannot let other people hurt him.Do u know why he backs him up? 

I haven't watched the scene you're talking about, but in general, since NQ ended up inheriting the demonic sect cultivation from Lian Sheng, he's one of them now. 

It's funny, Tang appeared to die in EN1 so when in the novel he didn't die and was also all over place on the 2nd half, I thought how the heck would they make his reapprance not awkward (or perhaps they'd not bring him back). Can't wait to see how they explained that one. 

@a_tumiwa I thought he was trying to teach him haoran sword, but NQ ended up learning that on his own. My memory is super fuzzy but

Spoiler

NQ reaches a ridiculous level of cultivation as the story progresses. I can't remember how he compares with Jun Mo or Li Manman, they're all off doing different things so it's hard to compare, they're all extraordinary, but none of them, as far as I remember, specifically teach him like lessons

Archived