Cast:

Tony Yang

Bai Shu

Zhang Tianyang

Janice Man

Su Qing

He Hongshan

Synopsis:

Set under the reign of Emperor Zhe Zong of Song, the story revolves around the experiences of Qiao Feng, leader of the beggar clan, Duan Yu, a prince of Dali and Xu Zhu, a Shaolin monk. The three protagonists become sworn brothers during their journey in the pugilistic world.

Qiao Feng is the courageous leader of the beggar clan. Many look up to him as a hero for defending the people of Song. When Qiao Feng is accused of being of Khitan descent and labeled a traitor, he is shunned by his fellow martial artists. In Qiao Feng's quest to clear his name, he comes to learn the truth about his identity and meets the love of his life. He also crosses paths with Dali Prince Duan Yu and Shaolin Monk Xu Zhu.

Duan Yu is a cheerful and bright young prince of Dali. Because of his peace-loving tendencies, he runs away to avoid being forced to learn martial arts but ends up inadvertently mastering powerful martial arts techniques. Successively, he meets Mu Wan Qing, Zhong Ling and falls deeply in love with Wang Yu Yan and her godlike beauty. However, Wang Yu Yan only has eyes for her cousin Murong Fu which complicates their relationship.

Shaolin Monk Xu Zhu is innately pure. After being guided by a martial arts master, he also becomes a powerful martial artist. It starts the kind-hearted monk on an adventure he never imagined for himself. Caught in the conflict between Song and Liao, three intertwining stories are brought together in a story about their heroism.
(Source: ChineseDrama.info)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

I saw pictures of the blessing ceremony a few days ago of Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils. I have to remark that this version potentially has the tackiest, ugliest costumes that I have seen, especially on the women. The cast does not contain big stars that can capture the audience.

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols

i dunno.....it is not pulling me to be honest.....HuJun isnt big stellar right then but he pull me into the stories nevertheless 

Hu Jun is hot. I cannot comment on his performance because I have not watched his version of Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils.

I only like the 1996 adaptation by TVB with Felix Wong as Qiao Feng.

• 5 months later...

Slow motion abuse prevails in the D-G & S-D's trailer. I will watch this drama for Gao Tai Yu, or skip to his scenes. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know yet if this will be adapted from the latest novel edition? I really want to see that story on screen, for several reasons, including Duan Yu's updated love story. I always felt that the older editions (and their adaptations) didn't really do his love story justice because it felt so cheapened and rushed, when the last twist should have allowed everyone to be with the ones they love. I watched the ending of 2013's adaptation and was more satisfied with how that love story unfolded, but I didn't like the editing/filming of that version. I'm still looking for a favourite Demi-gods & Semi-devils. Here's hoping 2019 will be it!

15 hours ago, kimmortal said:

Does anyone know yet if this will be adapted from the latest novel edition? I really want to see that story on screen, for several reasons, including Duan Yu's updated love story. I always felt that the older editions (and their adaptations) didn't really do his love story justice because it felt so cheapened and rushed, when the last twist should have allowed everyone to be with the ones they love. I watched the ending of 2013's adaptation and was more satisfied with how that love story unfolded, but I didn't like the editing/filming of that version. I'm still looking for a favourite Demi-gods & Semi-devils. Here's hoping 2019 will be it!

i believe all Jin Yong adaptation from year 2009 onwards always use the latest novel edition

9 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Looking forward to this drama. My fav character has always been Duan Yu. 

Almost every girl he meets turns out to be his half sister? Unluckiest guy in Jiang Hu ever!

Later they turn out to be his second cousins, but that’s still kind of icky....

How are the royalty Duans related? I'm talking about Duàn Yù's father (Duàn Zhèngchún), uncle (Duàn Zhèngmíng), and 

Spoiler

his biological father, the first of The Four Evils Duàn Yánqìng.

Are Duàn Yánqìng and Duàn Zhèngchún truly cousins? In the 2013 version, I thought Dāo Báifèng said that they aren't blood-related.

12 hours ago, kimmortal said:

How are the royalty Duans related? I'm talking about Duàn Yù's father (Duàn Zhèngchún), uncle (Duàn Zhèngmíng), and 

Hide contents

his biological father, the first of The Four Evils Duàn Yánqìng.

Are Duàn Yánqìng and Duàn Zhèngchún truly cousins? In the 2013 version, I thought Dāo Báifèng said that they aren't blood-related.

distant cousins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Demi-Gods_and_Semi-Devils_characters#Duan_Yu's_family_tree

• 7 months later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 天龙八部

Archived