Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

Haha @Lawyerh . I love that angle . I’m glad they use his handsome face for the thumbnail of the YT vid :blush:

Spoiler

An interesting comparison of American version and this one ( spoilers for the American one ) 

Source https://meaww.com/amp/tv/designated-survivor-60-days-designated-survivor-netflix-korean-original-new-series

'Designated Survivor: 60 Days': Will Korean adaptation of American series bring something new to the table?

Spoiler

American political thriller'Designated Survivor'followed Tom Kirkman (Kiefer Sutherland), the secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), being thrust on the presidency of the United States after an explosion destroys the United States Capitol building and claims the lives of the president and everyone in the line of succession on the night of the State of the Union address. 

Torn between shock and happiness, Kirkman tries to wrap his head around the duties that he needs to discharge. He faces a bunch of challenges ranging from figuring out the cause and culprits of the mass murder, to assuring the people of the United States that he would guide the country back to normalcy. Each episode throws a new curveball at Kirkman, and despite being a little slow off the blocks, he manages to somehow emerge a winner against all odds.  

Come July 1 and Netflix will launch 'Designated Survivor: 60 Days', a Korean original adaption of the American series. While the plotline remains the same as the original, there are a couple of changes in the Korean series.

To start with, the series follows Minister of Environment Park Mu-jin (Ji Jin-hee) as he tries to save Korea from the chaos following a targeted attack on the National Assembly, and he is sworn in as interim President.

There is also a stark change in terms of the duration of Mu-Jin's presidency compared to that of Kirkman. While Sutherland's president serves a term, Jin Hee's president gets only 60 days to bring order and calm back to the shock-stricken nation.

On the production front, the first season of the Korean series consists of 16 episodes, while the American one had 21 episodes. 

While the plotline is more or less similar, it is interesting to see if  '60 Days' picks up any references from its American counterpart.

For instance, season 2 of 'Designated Survivor' titled 'Summit' sees President Kirkman solve an issue regarding East and West Han Chiu. Technically, Han Chiu is a fictional and totalitarian country in East Asia located on the fictional Hun Chiu Peninsula off the coast of China. Ruled by a chairman, it is in constant rivalry with its democratic neighbor West Han Chiu. Its capital city is Lu'Tan and bears similarities to the real-life nation of North Korea.

Kirkman also had a lot of law and order issues to deal with as a by-product of the blast and all these are woven seamlessly into the main plot-line. It is still under wraps if we will get to see similar subplots in the Mu-Jin starrer. 

It also remains to be seen if there are any similarities between the two characters of the accidental presidents. At this point, it is safe to assume that Mu-Jin is on the same boat as Kirkman when the latter started out, given that neither had much political experience when they were thrust into the presidency.

But again, in season 3 of the American original, Netflix turned the show on its head and showed Kirkman's rapid transformation from a quintessential good guy to a ruthless politician, and not to forget the other potential twists that have set up the series for an exciting season 4

Will Netflix spring another surprise by portraying Mu-Jin as a man who actually wanted to grab the throne? Or will he be another example of what politics does to a good man?  Only time will tell when 'Designated Survivor: 60 Days' premieres on July 1. 

The show is remade by Studio DragonCorporation for CJ ENM’s TVN and will also be available for streaming on Netflix the same day.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

@triplemThanks too for your Papago translation on the characters, I only managed to read JJH & LJH ... (at night, my english reading skill like dropped a lot hahahaha)...

And rofl at handyman for JJH character :joy: Tbh LJH character sounds so perfect .... Navy soldier, lawmaker, eloquent with words.... This is what you call overqualified lol :lol: 

@Yippeun_eonnie Haha i only knew JJH & LJH, and yes it's exciting :love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I was a bit interested, but seeing now Lee Joon-hyuk I will defo give it a try. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Fans sent this to film site in support of LJH. @Lawyerh the face towel is cute :lol:

Spoiler

Another teaser . I wish Netflix would sub more of the teasers 

More stills of the supporting cast

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

TvN is intensifying their promotions for Monday’s premier. Can’t wait ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wahhhh ! This highlight trailer looks very promising . ( tvn’s max teaser :lol:) JJH’s character is really typical dad next door & a reluctant acting president. Looking forward to how that will change . LJH’s character is not shown much here & remains a mystery what his intentions & interests are .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Looks amazing. @triplem Thanks for posting the trailer. I'm almost tempted to look at the US version but I won't for now because I'm watching far too many dramas right now. ;) 

So many familiar faces including Kang Ha Na whom I haven't seen since Moon Lovers. I didn't know Ahn Nae Sang was going to be in it... spotting a shockful of gray hair these days. ;) And then there's Bae Jong Ok whose character in Live I loved. So many others as well. Even Assemblyman Song from Chief of Staff is here too. A bit of a ubiquitous actor specializing in political figures. I imagine a project like this would attract a lot of high quality acting talents. The production values look fantastic.

And let's not forget our favourite LJH... who appears to be quite suave and but maybe more than a little suspicious. :D

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Wah, @triplemkept raising our anticipation for this drama, thanks for the long trailer... it feels a bit like watching Holywood movies. Quality seems good. 

I like the NIS agent lady, looks pretty, strong, and with no-nonsense attitude. Totally my girl crush. I think this drama pure non-romance? 

Haha... your LJH only smile misteriously here & there... He must be teasing you :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

And let's not forget our favourite LJH... who appears to be quite suave and but maybe more than a little suspicious. :D

I was actually a tad  disappointed at how little screen time he had in the trailer . So I’m hoping they are keeping the best for last sort of thing .

I think @Lawyerh , TvN Is trying to appease me .

:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Let's prepare snack & potato chips first :lol:

I am glad he is eating. He mentioned in a v-live last year that he often has to diet for his roles , and then post drama he will binge on his favourite pizza and gain weight again. Doesn't sound too healthy , does it ? :sweatingbullets:

Latest press release . Surprised that Kang Hana is not listed as a major character cause as far as I know she is part of the main cast.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/k-drama-sneak-peek-designated-survivor-60-days/

K-Drama Sneak Peek: Ji Jin Hee Becomes South Korea’s Reluctant Leader in “Designated Survivor: 60 Days”
 | 

A POLITICAL THRILLER IS SET TO FIRE UP YOUR MONDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHTS STARTING JULY 1.

Designated Survivor: 60 Days is the Korean adaptation of the US TV series Designated Survivor starring Kiefer Sutherland. The Korean version follows the same plot line, but with a few changes and additions. When a tragedy strikes and shakes up the nation’s political hierarchy, one man will be forced to take the highest seat, lead his country and figure out the motive behind the atrocity.

Actor Ji Jin Hee (Jewel in the Palace) leads the cast together with Heo Joon Ho (Come and Hug Me), Son Seok Koo (Suits), Lee Joon Hyuk (Stranger) and Yoon Chan Kyung (Live).

THE MAIN PLOT

A targeted attack on the National Assembly, the center of Korean politics, claimed the lives of the President, Prime Minister, Speaker of the National Assembly, State Council members and those next in the line of political succession. While the nation is grappling with the loss and shock from the horrific event, one man’s life is going to change. Park Moo Jin, who is next line, will be thrusted into the highest position and will have a front row seat in the political power play.

With the country in need of a leader and answers, Park Moo Jin will try his might to serve as the country’s President and uncover the motive behind the attack on the National Assembly. He is given sixty days as the interim President and he will face several challenges, both on political and personal fronts.

THE MAJOR CHARACTERS

JI JIN HEE PLAYS PARK MOO JIN

Before the shocking incident happens, Park Moo Jin holds the position of Minister of Environment. He is a scientist and a Chemistry Professor at KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) Department of Environmental Science. He is a married man with two children and has no political ambition whatsoever. He relies on facts and scientific data and he only wants to be true to his nature as a family man and a scientist.

Spoiler

Designated Survivor: 60 Days

When President Yang Ji Man appoints him as a minister, he reluctantly agrees as he thinks that he could further give voice to environmental concerns if he accepts. However, he soon discovers that his position and appointment is a mere tool to help in the President’s approval rating, which experienced a recent slump. With the President’s demise, Park Moo Jin will inadvertently step up and take his role.

HEO JOON HO AS HAN JOO SEUNG

Han Joo Seung is the Chief Presidential Secretary. He represented President Yang Ji Man in a meeting for a peace agreement with North Korea. The unfortunate incident happened just as he returned to the country. A long-time friend of President Yang, he has been with him all through his political career. He was preparing for the US-Korea summit with President Yang on the day of his son’s death, but no one in the Blue House, even the President knew that fact.

Spoiler

Heo-Joon-Ho-e1561812959853.jpg?zoom=1.25

He is a strict follower of rules and has an upright character, but he is respectful to everyone. Han Joo Seung will try to support Park Moo Jin in his temporary role. But having worked with an experienced politician, he soon realizes that Park Moo Jin has a lot of things to learn. He is unsure if he can turn things around, given the limited time he has as acting President.

SON SEOK KOO AS CHA YOUNG JIN

He is the Secretary General who works behind the scenes. He has a sharp vision and always takes responsibility for his work. Despite his young age, interest in politics and the power it holds, he does not want to take the front seat. He is good at image management and communication. He will have to work with Park Moo Jin and soon clashes with him. With his work solely focused in creating the best image of the President, he finds Moo Jin a little embarrassing. He starts to wonder about the man who just became South Korea’s leader.

Spoiler

LEE JOON HYUK AS OH YOUNG SEOK

He is a charming independent member of the National Assembly who is a born leader. He is confident, full of energy and thrives in the world of politics. A graduate of the Naval Academy, he is a sort of a living legend with stories surrounding his naval career. He is a man who devotes his time to serving the community. Naturally attracted to power, he is the complete opposite of Park Moo Jin.

Spoiler

Lee-Joon-Hyuk-e1561813178318.jpg?zoom=1.

BAE JONG OK AS YOON CHAN KYUNG

She started her career as a policy advisor to the National Assembly and quickly moved up the political ladder. She is the representative of the current opposition party and politicians, especially women, look up to her. Bae Jong Ok mastered the art of negotiation or intimidation, through her long exposure to politics. When President Yang dies, she firmly believes that she is the only one capable of replacing him.

Spoiler

THE CREATIVE TEAM

Working behind the scenes is PD Yoo Jong Sun. He directed hit dramas like What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim and Descendant of the Sun. He takes on the directing duties for the upcoming series. Meanwhile, screenwriter Kim Tae Hee, who worked on dramas Beautiful Mind and Sungkyunkwan Scandal, wrote the script.

MAJOR DIFFERENCE FROM THE ORIGINAL SERIES

While the Korean remake keeps the original narrative, there is one key difference. In the US series, after the explosion in the Capitol Building which killed the President and those next in line, Kiefer Sutherland’s character became the President of the United States. In Designated Survivor: 60 Days, however, Park Moo Jin assumes the position as an interim President. Apart from being the acting President, the Korean adaptation also sets a specific time frame for him to rule, as the government intends to hold an election after sixty days.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)

Press con!!

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)

LJH talks about his character here. Don't understand much but I just like hearing his voice :lol:

edit: Replaced the original IG link with this longer YT one

BJO's agency update for the press con

Spoiler

Kang Hana IG update

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Cast greetings

I tried to live stream but gave up after 10 minutes as it was very unstable. But it does look promising. Netflix Asia will have the 1st eps tomorrow. In the preview (eps 2) , it looks like Park Moo Jin is trying to grapple with and process all that is happening . He will be officially presented as the interim President 

How cute...Kang Hana posted this on her IG ..the cast is watching the premiere eps together

• Like 5

pretty explosive start. there were too many political speaks so I have to wait for the subs to totally understand. But I really liked the first episode. 

• Like 5

Ji Jin Hee Shares Thoughts On Remaking U.S. Series + Kang Han Na Talks About Action Scenes In “Designated Survivor: 60 Days”

by L. Kim
126af075a7c8415aba31b9a089d60eed.jpeg?s=

Ji Jin Hee and Kang Han Na shared their thoughts on their new drama “Designated Survivor: 60 Days” during the press conference held on July 1.

A remake of the popular U.S. series “Designated Survivor,” this tvN drama tells the story of the head of the Ministry of Environment Park Moo Jin (played by Ji Jin Hee) who unexpectedly leads the country for 60 days after a terror attack kills the president and others in the line of succession during the State of the Union Address. Kang Na Na appears as Han Na Kyung, an agent of the National Intelligence Service task force investigating the terrorist attack on the National Assembly.

First off, Jin Ji Hee was asked if he felt any pressure due to the original series, and he honestly replied, “It wouldn’t make sense if I said no. I enjoyed it so much. When I thought about who should take the role if it’s made in Korea, I thought I was perfect for it. I thought it would be great if I could do it.”

Then he said, “I wondered what the difference was from the original version, and I realized the speech was different. We are intertwined in a complicated and subtle way on the Korean Peninsula. The writer wrote it in a very interesting way, so I thought I definitely had to do it. I’m really grateful to the writer.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1335860wpp/ji-jin-hee-shares-thoughts-on-remaking-u-s-series-kang-han-na-talks-about-action-scenes-in-designated-survivor-60-days
  • Like 6