Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

I have no idea what kind of allegations this Kim tailor is making. PMJ is alpha and the omega of the Assembly being bombed!! Maybe it could be that he maybe referring to a long forgotten thesis report PMJ wrote as a grad student about how all these cables and antennas are irradiating the environment and such!! What am I even saying lol.

All these flash backs in this episode made me a bit dizzy! When Madam Yun was setup as trap and all that. Maybe I need to watch again. Overall I enjoyed the episode. Only thing is I wish it started with General Lee entering the DSC bunker in the first few minutes of the episode. I could have been happy if the reveal was done later coz I wanted to enjoy the reaction's of the President's staff!!

Secretary Cha is too busy to go out with Secretary Sejeong so he invites her to his office. They even argue in tandem now. :)

Also Madam Yun's right hand man is kinda shady!!

Are they gonna fast forward today's episode in the second half of the episode to Swearing in Ceremony!!!

• Like 6

Wasn't Tailor Kim lying when he told PMJ that he is the VIP? In an earlier scene he was clearly talking to someone on the phone saying he had sent the photos to PMJ and Yun as he was ordered. And what did he mean when he said the attack was possible because PMJ was at the beginning and end and that PMJ helped complete the attack? 

As i said in an earlier post it could not have easily ended with OYS death. They probably had a plan B and probably C.  Of course OYS, Assemblywoman Yun and PMJ factored in their plan. When PMJ and NIS were on to OYS and General Eun they abandoned them and change their plan. At the briefing by PMJ about the coup both Yun and Kang found out that the NIS were investigating Tailor Kim. Kim abandoned Yun by sending the photos to PMJ and to Yun as a warning, but it ended well for Yun when she decided to help PMJ catch Kim. At the end of this PMJ is the lone survivor in the VIP's plan. PMJ fits in to their ideologies of a new Korea. I say 'their' not the VIP because i believe the VIP is just a figure head. OYS, Yun, Han even Cha has the same ideologies, the Discrimination Act et al. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Also Madam Yun's right hand man is kinda shady!!

Yes he’s part of the terror group. He was the one who leaked the info about Agent Han coming to the Assembly to reveal OYS’s involvement in the bombing.

Terror cell has links in all the critical groups, military, NIS, Opposition Party and BH.  Sec Han is definitely part of it but whether he is the VIP is another matter. The NaHyeong (?) Group head is also in on it.  He probably bankrolls the operations. Henchmen like the TaeIk guy (who is not TaeIk :lol:) are needed to do the dirty work. They are all “managed” by Tailor Kim who admits to being the VIP but I seriously doubt he is.  Thing is with terror cells is that they go to extreme means to protect the one on top because even if the people down the bottom get taken out, the mastermind is safe to regroup again and start over.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

Why do I have this feeling that , "Not Taeik" s phone call with VIP is that, he might come to take out Tailor Kim out of the picture. Why show that scene and the ominous looks he gave while Tailor Kim was on phone. I thought his story is finished and he will fade in to the forest.

Speaking of tailoring  PMJ's broad back is highlighted in each episode!!:lol: As if a tape measure is being put on and the days get shorter!

nHPLwho.jpg

However I don't think Tailor Kim will get a chance to sew a suit for Park Dae. Coz all these threads of lies he is making will be cut by Agent HNG, I hope.

Also this episode made me notice the slight hair changes PMJ has gone through! Coz of the flashbacks.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

I think VIP is not gonna be revealed 

Spoiler

The moment I was waiting for

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

BTS ! I miss LJH 

Anyway , anyone watching live ??

Apparently VIP is Sec Han according to this tweet handle. He was caught on cCtv meeting Tailor Kim. 

I think this was the final scene 

I wanna a season 2 with PMJ going for the election! 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Spoiler

By looking at the IG clips it looks like PMJ withdrew his candidacy 

• Like 9

Couldn't watch that behind on YouTube but can watch this on insta!:D

----------

I couldn't watch live as I had to run some errands! Need to watch raw!!!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, pompyavi said:
  Hide contents

Yes ! I read some Korean twitter that said the same . Hope the translations were correct 

Spoiler

That he wanted to go back to teach  . When they ask him if he wanted to run for it  , he did not answer . 

Oh our little ship sailed , kkkkkkkk - they had to break Press Secretary Kim’s Heart :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

23 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh our little ship sailed , kkkkkkkk - they had to break Press Secretary Kim’s Heart :lol:

Gonna watch now. It is released in Netflix 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:
  Hide contents

No, I don't think so. It was said earlier that as a candidate, he needs to leave the Blue House 30 days before the election.

Well, I have to correct myself. I believe that he withdrew his candidacy because of Han.

Spoiler

He seems to have been the VIP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Watched the episode. For me it was an apt ending. Feeling too emotional now. Will comment later about my thoughts...

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I was really worried about the ending but they managed to wrap up everything nicely. Well it makes sense. He never wanted to be the President to begin with. Never in his dreams he would have thought that. He got to know his potential only during the acting presidency term. And when everything is revealed and law and order is restored, to be honest I don't think he would have survived even if he had won the election. He decided to run only because he didn't want OYS to be the next president. Knowing that he was a part of the attack which he wasn't aware of, he couldn't have grabbed that. Knowing the kind of person he is he would never use others or these kind of situations as a stepping stone. This opportunity came to him only because of the bombing otherwise even Sec Cha would not consider him a candidate.
His politics was really unique. A world where no one loses. And as rightly said by KSK's secretary, he is really unbeatable. Well if no one loses, everyone is winner.

Edit: PMJ and his wife's relationship is unique. I usually avoid romantic dramas because I can't stand all those cheesy and corny dialogues. But here it really shows the love, respect, care they have for each other. No matter what, they have got each other's back. Sec Cha's dialogue that he is there to protect him, as well as his ideas and beliefs. And he really did change. Asking someone more than twice. 

Even if there is no season 2, I am okay with that. And if they plan it in future, I am definitely in. But the story should be as solid as this one and same cast...:D

• Like 10
  • Love 4

So Han is the Blue House mole which I've been expecting since episode 1 and the VIP is the one whom the killer is talking  to at the airport?  Or Han is also the VIP?  lol  the agony of watching it raw.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

46 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I was really worried about the ending but they managed to wrap up everything nicely. Well it makes sense. He never wanted to be the President to begin with. Never in his dreams he would have thought that. He got to know his potential only during the acting presidency term. And when everything is revealed and law and order is restored, to be honest I don't think he would have survived even if he had won the election. He decided to run only because he didn't want OYS to be the next president. Knowing that he was a part of the attack which he wasn't aware of, he couldn't have grabbed that. Knowing the kind of person he is he would never use others or these kind of situations as a stepping stone. This opportunity came to him only because of the bombing otherwise even Sec Cha would not consider him a candidate.
His politics was really unique. A world where no one loses. And as rightly said by KSK's secretary, he is really unbeatable. Well if no one loses, everyone is winner.

Edit: PMJ and his wife's relationship is unique. I usually avoid romantic dramas because I can't stand all those cheesy and corny dialogues. But here it really shows the love, respect, care they have for each other. No matter what, they have got each other's back. Sec Cha's dialogue that he is there to protect him, as well as his ideas and beliefs. And he really did change. Asking someone more than twice. 

Even if there is no season 2, I am okay with that. And if they plan it in future, I am definitely in. But the story should be as solid as this one and same cast...:D

Me too. I like this open ending and if they start a second season, I am all for it.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

It is so late where I am but just wanted to say the story ended beautifully and i think I teared up in the last 20 mins. This scene was so good.  Every single  one of them stayed on to see him finish his 60 days, because they came to trust and admire the person that he is . 

SJIt6qA.png

PMJ is indeed the best President this alternate SK universe has ever had , even if it was a seat that he was filling in temporarily. Right until the very end, even when the stakes were high ( being the leading candidate in the polls) PMJ chose to be true to himself and his values. In the words of my favourite management guru , Peter Drucker - Management is doing things right ; leadership is doing the right things. And PMJ did exactly that - the right thing. He may have been the Acting President but he was entrusted to lead this nation.  He gave up his candidacy because he felt responsible for not realising someone in his administration was complicit in the bombing,  and he wanted to ensure that Han gets his due punishment . 

So at the end of the day, Han is not the VIP but he was well aware of everything that was planned and he allowed it to happen because he was disgruntled with the citizens of this nation . Han was a true believer of the Yang administration, but became disillusioned when he realised people  did not appreciate how great Yang was and all the good that the  latter's administration sought to do for the country . In  wanting to rebuild this nation , he sacrificed Yang . How twisted is that . But from Tae Ik's ( or rather Lee something) call to someone in Japanese , ( hmm I wonder if they were trying to hint at current political sentiments with regards to the strained Japanese - Korean relations) we know that the VIP is still out there , and I think the drama is leaving this for S2.

So will there be a Season 2... I think Cha has already answered the question with his question ...:blush: ...

6urOFnZ.png

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4

59 minutes ago, triplem said:

PMJ is indeed the best President this alternate SK universe has ever had , even if it was a seat that he was filling in temporarily. Right until the very end, even when the stakes were high ( being the leading candidate in the polls) PMJ chose to be true to himself and his values

He indeed did that. That's how he won over everyone. He was a man who wanted to excel but not at the cost of others. This is the reason Sec Han decided to give a last try. And literally tears fell during his speech and after that when he said to Sec Cha that even if he give up on his position he wont renounce his decision. And Sec Cha just won me over again by his reply that he is there to protect him, his views as well as his beliefs. Just like Sec Han chose President Yang, he chose PMJ. From a person who just wanted to win, he grew to a person who wanted to win morally. And I was so happy to see the BH team supporting PMJ till the end.

By the way who became the next president? Doesn't matter if it is not PMJ.;)

Edit: Atleast he sat on that president's seat once. I think he wanted to confirm his thoughts that even after sitting there will his views change or not. 

• Like 9
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, triplem said:

PMJ is indeed the best President this alternate SK universe has ever had , even if it was a seat that he was filling in temporarily. Right until the very end, even when the stakes were high ( being the leading candidate in the polls) PMJ chose to be true to himself and his values. In the words of my favourite management guru , Peter Drucker - Management is doing things right ; leadership is doing the right things. And PMJ did exactly that - the right thing. He may have been the Acting President but he was entrusted to lead this nation.  He gave up his candidacy because he felt responsible for not realising someone in his administration was complicit in the bombing,  and he wanted to ensure that Han gets his due punishment . 

Indeed. I liken his style of politics “crisis politics”.  It’s nice to know that in times of crisis, objectivity and just plain decency can be just the ticket to shed light in dark times and steady the rocking ship.  It throws open the debate as to whether decent folk have a place in politics.  And even if their stint in there is short, it may be impactful and it gives hope to jaded individuals that sometimes even Hobbits have a place in dangerous Mordor.  I am glad he gets to go back to his family and “regroup”.  It’s been a harrowing 60 days for everyone involved.

JJH is like PMJ in real life to a certain degree.  He is fiercely protective of his family.  He keeps them out of the limelight (he doesn’t show pics of them on varieties etc).  A quiet reflective man.  Adores his Wife and kids.  No wonder this role spoke to him and he said yes on the spot. :)

EDIT - I really love how they portrayed his family.  So “normal” with the sibling bickering and the mom putting a stop to it.  She was brilliant as his Wife.  No yelling, no wallowing in self pity (even when he forgot their anniversary  :lol:... and he was scurrying to make it up to her :wub: when she broke it to him).  Their relationship is just so adult I love it!  She understood him even when he didn’t expressly say what was on his mind.  I loved how she said she would be by his side even when the public stops applauding.  And I really liked the epilogue.  It was a lovely “warm down” after a hectic 15+ episodes at full speed gallop with little time to catch breath.  

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Posted (edited)

Greetings, I've been lurking in this thread reading all the high quality analyses for awhile :ph34r:

The ending showed a great deal of wisdom and was absolutely true to the character of PMJ. I saw a couple LotR references above - so apt. That theme of knowing to fear power, having the will and courage to reject it, really shone through.

Certain little details I loved - PMJ telling the press (and his loyal secretaries) that Korea would not become a paradise overnight. This was so important because his staff were confusing principle with idealism. That video they prepared was inspiring but laden with potential false promises. In some ways it was as much an illusion as the VIP's construction of OYS. I really applaud the writer(s) for including that. 

Also realise why the cast nicknamed themselves the Blue House Avengers! Those scenes at the end... 

Spoiler

with Sec Cha 'putting together the team'... Or more correctly, assembling and reconstituting the team

... were just gold. 

Can I also give a shout out to Security Team Leader Kang and guy - in - the - chair cyber guy Ji Won? They were easily the MVPs in the Intel space and capturing the bad guys! (While I have a soft spot for Agent Han NG and Agent Hanmo, they really dropped the ball many times and committed errors of judgment, sometimes the same errors over and over :sweatingbullets:  Oh well, plot devices... ) 

Bravo the writer(s) for giving the 'villains' appropriate motivation and allowing us to understand their path to shadow. I appreciated the flashback to critical moments where OYS shared his deep disillusionment with PMJ, and later his we saw another sequence of flashbacks with the Blue House mole. This really showed the contrast between PMJ's strength of character and others. Like many in this forum I was worried about the big reveal too. The two pivotal characters (the VIP and the mole) in the end were not surprising, but that was fine because it was a compelling and logical conclusion. 

How will we get over this show, sigh :tears:

Edited by AC95
Grammatical errors
  • Like 11
  • Love 2