Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have to say that I found the words and behavior of the director rude and not just once. 

True/Agree.... that was my impression of the director. She might dislike politicians in general but as Korean where Confucious values are held high, its only right she shakes his hand when exended, him being the President of the country and its simply just basic manners...

Sec Cha's miscalculation as he didnt really check her background thoroughly before going for the event...?

Perhaps i didnt say this earlier, i also disagree when Sec Cha proposed to have the interim govt speech to be held at the terror site, to show the govt is still incharge despite the tragedy... in reality, i doubt any interim govt would do that... :)

• Like 11

I did not like that he went to meet the director again. I too thought she was rude the first time when they stood beside each other for the photo opportunity. Also she wanted to be the narrator of the event. Don't they atleast do a pre-meet up before these things happen in IRL. Anyways she is just one vote there are more other voters who might understand where he is coming from. Even Madam Yun was pushing for that bill and she was waiting for him to throw a curve ball at her. I thought he changed his mind instantly after OYS challenged him in the hall way!

These are just random thoughts that kept rattling in my brain! Also I wrote coz thread is getting quieter as the end is near!!

EDIT: Ooops I forgot that the last post was mine and forgot to edit that post.:grimace:

• Like 7

On 8/17/2019 at 7:16 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I have to say that I found the words and behavior of the director rude and not just once. First, she kind of insulted him, when she didn't shake his hand immediately. Then she already implied that she was just being used for his campaign and he had no interest in the movie. You could sense that she was prejudiced. However, PMJ showed her that he knew all her movies and could even analyze them which surprised her. Furthermore due to his words (who could describe perfectly her longing for her coming out) she decided to come out and didn't take into consideration, how PMJ would react. Later, when the Acting president chose to postpone this bill, he personally visited and told her the reason why. Yes, her reaction shows that she got disappointed but let's face it. Even if PMJ had pushed it through, there is no guarantee that this law would have become a reality as the next president with his administration could have cancelled it.

I thought that there was something rather off about those encounters as well. I wasn't sure at the time if it was deliberate or whether it was an awkward but convenient insertion of a hot potato issue in order to tie in with the tabling of the anti-discrimination legislation. I still don't know if it's poor writing/directing or whether it was done on purpose to highlight (yet again...) PMJ's political naivete.

Whether it was rudeness or just disappointment or both, I'd venture to say that she was manipulating PMJ as much as she thought he was using her. Ironically the only reason why she's able to be brusque, guilt him and get away with it is because PMJ is a true believer as well as a decent human being who is inept in playing political games. If she'd tried this tactic on someone else who was somewhat more politically savvy and hardened... the outcome would have been a lot different.

Whatever she was thinking, she did come off looking like she was emotionally blackmailing him.

• Like 10

Finale week.  I hope they tie things off nicely.  How true are the rumours about Season 2?  Chief Of Staff is getting a Season 2.  I am not sure I want a Season 2 with DS60.  Having seen PMJ flounder politically for 1 Season is enough.  I am not sure my heart can take him doing another Season.  He’s a good and decent man.  I would rather not see someone like him chewed up and spat out of the political mill.  It would be a painful watch.  He was great in a crisis.  But will he fare just as well when the country is stabilised?  That I am not so sure.  Assembly woman Yun has thus far (bar the photos with the Tailor) shown herself a worthy candidate for the Presidential seat.  She plays relatively fairly and has the political nuance to survive long term.  Even with Cha on his side, I am not sure PMJ will thrive in the political scene.  He always seems rather uncomfortable about the whole situation.  I can’t help but feel he would be happier and less stressed back in Academia. :lol:  In my mind, Cinderella man needs to remove his Presidential dress shoes and don his runners again when the clock strikes midnight.  

• Like 11

Guys, you can check this IG acc, it posting some making film footage with translation

• Thanks 8

Did anyone watch live ? I hv been trying to look for cuts online 

As expected General Lee did not join the coup . In fact he got his men to arrest  Eun & NiS chief.

And oh my is our little ship getting some sails ? 

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Looks like they will drag out the VIP’s identity right to the end . In tomorrow’s preview they hv arrested Tailor Kim & PMJ personally interrogates him 

The NIS team is back in business! 

pMJ coming full circle. Gaining respect from those who were against him the most 

BTS pics posted by JJH

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@triplem I am still thinking, it is Han... Sure, the episode 14 gave me the impression that the tailor Kim could have created a fictive VIP. Yet after giving some thought, I started doubting it again due to general Eun's words who also thought that Kim might be the VIP.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

Aah I could not catch it live. Now going to watch it raw. Maybe subs will come faster tonight hopefully!

EDIT: Okay watched it with subs. Now I'm a bit confused at the ending part--the last minutes.

Wow I was right about General Lee!:D

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am still thinking, it is Han... Sure, the episode 14 gave me the impression that the tailor Kim could have created a fictive VIP. Yet after giving some thought, I started doubting it again due to general Eun's words who also thought that Kim might be the VIP.

He is not definitely the VIP. There is someone else who knows everything. And Han Mo said he can't go forth and back North to involve Myung Hae Joon in this conspiracy. The VIP is the one who told OYS about Cha being interrogated. We were only shown the glimpse of the shoe. I think they might not reveal who the actual VIP is? If it someone from BH then I can't think of anyone else other than Han. But why did he choose to be in PMJ's camp? Does he regret for not believing on the late president? His words to PMJ did give me that vibes that he wants to try for the last time and see if it is possible. PMJ has become a ray of hope for him. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 5

Wow something trended tonight on naver at #9 Designated Survivor:60days VIP. Also at # 8 Heo Junho ( actors name).

• Like 8

It's Han. The VIP says, someone completed it. From the beginning to the end. Han recommended PMJ to the then President.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure when I will get to catch last 2 episodes.  I don’t mind being spoiled :lol:.  They still have to explain the whole backstory of Sec Han’s Son which will probably give us his motives as to why he is VIP (or part of the terror cell).  I can’t think they expect everyone to just read character synopsis and be happy with that explanation.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I was too tired to wait for Netflix to upload but will watch later . But from reading recaps here  it seems , Han is finally behind PMJ & joining his campaign 

https://readysteadycut.com/2019/08/19/netflix-recap-designated-survivor-60-days-season-1-episode-15/

And :love: , no chicken & beer but ramyeon. Haha I wonder if Cheeky Secretary Cha knows what ramyeon invitations usually mean :lol:  With full subs

And the drama tops the ratings 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@triplem I am still thinking, it is Han... Sure, the episode 14 gave me the impression that the tailor Kim could have created a fictive VIP. Yet after giving some thought, I started doubting it again due to general Eun's words who also thought that Kim might be the VIP.

Me too.... last week episode surely did give me vibe that the tailor is the VIP.... he with his wrong perception of ideology... run from North Korea and using psychology tactic to recruits the elites by creating fiction character... but then I thought again where did he get the money to create such a mess like the bomb attack... no matter how prestigious his shop there's no way it can afford a big casualties like that. 

I'm so enjoying the show... the writer succeed on giving the viewers (who previously already watched the US version) different vibes from the original version. Me too I don't think I can handle to see my president living a tough life dealing with dirty political tricks in season 2. It will be best if they wrap up this drama as it already marks as one of best drama in my list. The cast are perfect, the story line is well adapted, and I remember there was a criticism to Ha Na Gyeong, it was said she was not portray a real NIS agent but in my opinion she did well, her role is an analyst, a very capable analyst. So she is unlike a field agent who will ambush into enemy place, or doing a lot of gun shot scenes, or even kill and fight enemy... she did her part by her analysis, solving the puzzle, looking for clues... so she did well in take.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Good episode... No. 15... the best of the odd numbered ones in recent weeks. 

It's clear that PMJ has grown into the role by not only listening to his more experienced staffers but by applying the information he's been given wisely. After all, the buck stops with him. It's lovely to see him develop into a thinking ethical winner and give hope to even the most jaded and cynical of people in the Blue House. His conversations with Sec. Han in this episode were some of the best in this drama. I even teared up when the political veteran finally agreed to join his campaign. Didn't he look somewhat pleased when PMJ shook hands with General Lee? I think someone was slicing and dicing onions nearby during that scene.

If Sec Han is the VIP as many here think him to be, then he is a far better actor than I gave him credit for. Or at least the VIP is a far more conflicted individual than I've been led to believe thus far. :P ;) I continue thinking that it has to be someone else... someone who is able to command a great deal of financial resources. Although it's now been established that Tailor Kim had the skill set to make things happen on demand I still think he required the funds to get things moving. An obviously gifted man... appropriately innocuous looking. (Of course it doesn't preclude the fact that Sec Han could have amassed large sums of money from somewhere although we have no information on that)

At the end of the day (aside from being a serious criminal, national security matter) thematically it doesn't really matter who the VIP is. He's a shadowy Sauron-type figure with his puppets and chess pieces in strategic locations to do his bidding. First and foremost this is about PMJ an unlikely candidate overcoming enormous odds to prove himself a worthy presidential candidate who plays the game differently from those who subscribe to "politics as usual". Secondly this is also about the reason why people joined the conspiracy. We heard it from Agent Han NG... these people were abandoned by the politicians who sent them out on missions to cover their own rear ends. Why would someone like OYS who had an honourable military career, a war hero by all accounts, beloved by his own men jump off the straight and narrow? He no longer believed what the country stood for and turned traitor. It's like the Cambridge Five who spied for the KGB in the UK during the height of the Cold War. They held to an ideology which they believed was the best one and gave away state secrets.

I'm still not impressed with how they dealt with OYS. It still doesn't sit well with me. I'm not asking for a public hanging but he needed to give an account. Speaking of the people's need to know, this is something they need to know about as well. Of course the flashbacks remind us of how he thought and what drove him to treason. He was a disillusioned and very bitter certainly but what compounded the problem was that he was offered power to make change. 

Speaking of military types, the obvious contrast was between the two generals and the choices they made. But I actually think the more interesting contrast is the one between OYS and General Lee. There are probably good reasons why General Lee wasn't chosen by the VIP and General Eun was. And we saw that played out here. General Lee still believes in the country and the democratic values that hold the country together even if the man in charge humiliated him not once or twice. Whether or not these values are adhered to perfectly/idealistically... well that's another matter. ;) However, it is hard to bribe someone who puts values above power and wealth. OYS saw himself as a powerless victim or as the spokesperson for the powerless so power was the answer that he craved. The country turned its back on him and his men thus its values have become meaningless to him. 

Okay. I am keen to know how PMJ played an instrumental part in the bombing. I'm as baffled as he is on that.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Okay. I am keen to know how PMJ played an instrumental part in the bombing. I'm as baffled as he is on that.

Yeah ditto.  The only thing I can come up with is his unwitting part in the FTA (?) deal with the US?  And the stance that he took?  But notwithstanding what he did and his stance, Yang was going to go ahead regardless with keeping the peace with the US anyway and push ahead with a united Korea?  So you can’t exactly say he (PMJ) had anything to do with the bombing going ahead?  Unless the terror cell (Tailor Kim) somehow twists it so that PMJ was brought in on purpose (from the beginning) to sour the deal with the US and he “failed” in his “unofficial directive” and therefore the cell had to take things into their own hands by killing Yang and his officials as a result?  Kind of a stretch of the imagination but terror cells often don’t operate rationally.

I managed to carve out some time to watch Ep 15.

The way Sec Han yelled at the pic of Yang in the hall says to me that he’s not quite “right” in his head.  It’s as if he pinned all his hopes on Yang and he (Yang) failed miserably.  There was a lot of anger, bitterness  and resentment there.  His words are always laced with a hint of bitterness and anger.  Does the fact that he swung to side with PMJ mean anything?  I am wondering if he’s taking a punt now with PMJ like he did with Yang to herald a Korea that he wants to see.  Still it doesn’t absolve him of the responsibility of doing what he did (if he is the VIP) to get to where he is now to have that second bite of the cherry.  I still wonder about the whole underlying purpose of the terror cell.  Their mantra.  Is it just a bunch of misfits with similar axes to grind coming together against a common enemy (the government of Korea?)?

EDIT - yeah my worry is that Sec Han will potentially do to PMJ what he did to Yang.  He seemed genuinely upset that he died but at the same time, it’s almost as if he convinced himself that Yang had to go because he failed to deliver on the bigger directive (a Korea that the terror group wanted to see).  So in other words, everyone is dispensable.  The parting would be sad but if it serves a higher cause, it’s worth it).

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2

33 minutes ago, sn2111a said:

don't know about you guys, I'm still convinced that he's the VIP

Yup he’s been on top of my list for a while now :)

• Like 6