[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

PMJ's daughter is very pretty! Wish we see more of their scenes too...

So with the 'scandal' of the members who went to a play (https://www.soompi.com/article/1345957wpp/kang-han-na-oh-hye-won-apologize-for-behavior-during-a-play-son-seok-gu-denies-any-bad-behavior)

Sec Cha being Sec Cha... bad a** reply, hahhaha.... 

I hope it wouldnt affect next week's last episodes ratings.... DS Fighting to the end! :D

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

So with the 'scandal' of the members who went to a play (https://www.soompi.com/article/1345957wpp/kang-han-na-oh-hye-won-apologize-for-behavior-during-a-play-son-seok-gu-denies-any-bad-behavior)

Sec Cha being Sec Cha... bad a** reply, hahhaha.... 

I hope it wouldnt affect next week's last episodes ratings.... DS Fighting to the end! :D

Support Son's reply, some people are just narrow-minded and self-entitled.

I have to say that I found the words and behavior of the director rude and not just once. First, she kind of insulted him, when she didn't shake his hand immediately. Then she already implied that she was just being used for his campaign and he had no interest in the movie. You could sense that she was prejudiced. However, PMJ showed her that he knew all her movies and could even analyze them which surprised her. Furthermore due to his words (who could describe perfectly her longing for her coming out) she decided to come out and didn't take into consideration, how PMJ would react. Later, when the Acting president chose to postpone this bill, he personally visited and told her the reason why. Yes, her reaction shows that she got disappointed but let's face it. Even if PMJ had pushed it through, there is no guarantee that this law would have become a reality as the next president with his administration could have cancelled it. Besides, he clearly explained to her that he was just postponing it, yet she decided to perceive him once again as a typical politician who would tell lies.

In reality, PMJ made the right choice because by postponing it, he has higher chances to get elected and with a new administration, the bill can go through and with the time, this antidiscrimination law is a good thing. Rushing was not right... actually, the environment is far more important than this. This woman was not really threatened, while pollution has a direct impact on health. In this matter, the citizen safety is in danger.  

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have to say that I found the words and behavior of the director rude and not just once. 

True/Agree.... that was my impression of the director. She might dislike politicians in general but as Korean where Confucious values are held high, its only right she shakes his hand when exended, him being the President of the country and its simply just basic manners...

Sec Cha's miscalculation as he didnt really check her background thoroughly before going for the event...?

Perhaps i didnt say this earlier, i also disagree when Sec Cha proposed to have the interim govt speech to be held at the terror site, to show the govt is still incharge despite the tragedy... in reality, i doubt any interim govt would do that... :)

I did not like that he went to meet the director again. I too thought she was rude the first time when they stood beside each other for the photo opportunity. Also she wanted to be the narrator of the event. Don't they atleast do a pre-meet up before these things happen in IRL. Anyways she is just one vote there are more other voters who might understand where he is coming from. Even Madam Yun was pushing for that bill and she was waiting for him to throw a curve ball at her. I thought he changed his mind instantly after OYS challenged him in the hall way!

These are just random thoughts that kept rattling in my brain! Also I wrote coz thread is getting quieter as the end is near!!

EDIT: Ooops I forgot that the last post was mine and forgot to edit that post.:grimace:

On 8/17/2019 at 7:16 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I have to say that I found the words and behavior of the director rude and not just once. First, she kind of insulted him, when she didn't shake his hand immediately. Then she already implied that she was just being used for his campaign and he had no interest in the movie. You could sense that she was prejudiced. However, PMJ showed her that he knew all her movies and could even analyze them which surprised her. Furthermore due to his words (who could describe perfectly her longing for her coming out) she decided to come out and didn't take into consideration, how PMJ would react. Later, when the Acting president chose to postpone this bill, he personally visited and told her the reason why. Yes, her reaction shows that she got disappointed but let's face it. Even if PMJ had pushed it through, there is no guarantee that this law would have become a reality as the next president with his administration could have cancelled it.

I thought that there was something rather off about those encounters as well. I wasn't sure at the time if it was deliberate or whether it was an awkward but convenient insertion of a hot potato issue in order to tie in with the tabling of the anti-discrimination legislation. I still don't know if it's poor writing/directing or whether it was done on purpose to highlight (yet again...) PMJ's political naivete.

Whether it was rudeness or just disappointment or both, I'd venture to say that she was manipulating PMJ as much as she thought he was using her. Ironically the only reason why she's able to be brusque, guilt him and get away with it is because PMJ is a true believer as well as a decent human being who is inept in playing political games. If she'd tried this tactic on someone else who was somewhat more politically savvy and hardened... the outcome would have been a lot different.

Whatever she was thinking, she did come off looking like she was emotionally blackmailing him.

Finale week.  I hope they tie things off nicely.  How true are the rumours about Season 2?  Chief Of Staff is getting a Season 2.  I am not sure I want a Season 2 with DS60.  Having seen PMJ flounder politically for 1 Season is enough.  I am not sure my heart can take him doing another Season.  He’s a good and decent man.  I would rather not see someone like him chewed up and spat out of the political mill.  It would be a painful watch.  He was great in a crisis.  But will he fare just as well when the country is stabilised?  That I am not so sure.  Assembly woman Yun has thus far (bar the photos with the Tailor) shown herself a worthy candidate for the Presidential seat.  She plays relatively fairly and has the political nuance to survive long term.  Even with Cha on his side, I am not sure PMJ will thrive in the political scene.  He always seems rather uncomfortable about the whole situation.  I can’t help but feel he would be happier and less stressed back in Academia. :lol:  In my mind, Cinderella man needs to remove his Presidential dress shoes and don his runners again when the clock strikes midnight.  

Did anyone watch live ? I hv been trying to look for cuts online 

As expected General Lee did not join the coup . In fact he got his men to arrest  Eun & NiS chief.

And oh my is our little ship getting some sails ? 

Spoiler

Looks like they will drag out the VIP’s identity right to the end . In tomorrow’s preview they hv arrested Tailor Kim & PMJ personally interrogates him 

The NIS team is back in business! 

pMJ coming full circle. Gaining respect from those who were against him the most 

BTS pics posted by JJH

Spoiler

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am still thinking, it is Han... Sure, the episode 14 gave me the impression that the tailor Kim could have created a fictive VIP. Yet after giving some thought, I started doubting it again due to general Eun's words who also thought that Kim might be the VIP.

He is not definitely the VIP. There is someone else who knows everything. And Han Mo said he can't go forth and back North to involve Myung Hae Joon in this conspiracy. The VIP is the one who told OYS about Cha being interrogated. We were only shown the glimpse of the shoe. I think they might not reveal who the actual VIP is? If it someone from BH then I can't think of anyone else other than Han. But why did he choose to be in PMJ's camp? Does he regret for not believing on the late president? His words to PMJ did give me that vibes that he wants to try for the last time and see if it is possible. PMJ has become a ray of hope for him. 

Not sure when I will get to catch last 2 episodes.  I don’t mind being spoiled :lol:.  They still have to explain the whole backstory of Sec Han’s Son which will probably give us his motives as to why he is VIP (or part of the terror cell).  I can’t think they expect everyone to just read character synopsis and be happy with that explanation.

I was too tired to wait for Netflix to upload but will watch later . But from reading recaps here  it seems , Han is finally behind PMJ & joining his campaign 

https://readysteadycut.com/2019/08/19/netflix-recap-designated-survivor-60-days-season-1-episode-15/

And :love: , no chicken & beer but ramyeon. Haha I wonder if Cheeky Secretary Cha knows what ramyeon invitations usually mean :lol:  With full subs

And the drama tops the ratings 

Spoiler

Archived