[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we think that General Lee has joined the coup? Nah... he's a maverick and a patriot but I'm happy to be proven wrong. ;) Sure he may have an ego the size of Jeju but the fact that he ultimately submitted to civilian authority despite attempting to take matters into his own hands to begin with speaks volumes. He didn't cause more trouble then, why would he now? I believe PMJ read him right in not trying to kowtow and apologize profusely but lay down the facts of the matter. The man understands strength above all else.

I'm not convinced that shooting OYS in the head will preserve his legacy as a hero or survivor especially when the man who shot him turned on himself and took his own life. Maybe there's something here about Korean culture that I'm completely missing. Will OYS be hailed a martyr because he was murdered... assuming he is dead... by one of his own men? Do they think the details of OYS involvement with the Tailor Kim and Co won't ever see the light of day? It's a cop out. An easy way out. So much for the "Survivor" tag. Much as I loved LJH's performance of OYS, I will be angry and throw things at the screen if they bury anything regarding his involvement in the conspiracy in the finale. He was dangerous. He put the country's political system -- not perfect, I know -- at risk and was willing to go for non-democratic alternatives.

I can't disagree with him when he said that people are by nature discriminatory or that they have biases or prejudices. That is the reality of human history. Whether or not we should legislate against "wrong" ideas  (depending on which side of the debate you happen to be) and turn them into thoughtcrimes... well, I am reminded of 1984. And yes, it is true that people vote for those who represent their interests which is what democracy is supposed to be about. But politicians are lazy and so is the media, if we're honest... they resort to soundbites to get the attention they need. I don't mind politicians having convictions but they often seem unwilling to prosecute their arguments. If they believe in what they believe, they should be out there selling it. 

As usual the even numbered episode was better than the odd numbered one. 

Strategically I thought that PMJ did the right thing in postponing the anti-discrimination bill. Sure, there are disappointed people but there are always going to be disappointed people whatever he does. But the urgency of other matters should take precedence. I'm glad he caught on to what a real threat OYS presented ASAP and the will to succeed. PMJ prioritized... as he had to, given what he now knows about the larger conspiracy at play.

I can see why people think that Tailor Kim might be the VIP. The thought did cross my mind. I suppose it's possible if he has the kind of funding needed. But I still that there's someone bankrolling him. Apparently he was an agent who had spent time in the north which piqued my interest. This fact took me to Star Trek. Heh. Not sure if anyone in these forums are Trek fans but in DS9, one of the more intriguing characters with dubious origins was a tailor/dressmaker. He was an agent of sorts. 

I had wondered and was glad when Han Mo jumped back in the fray. I wasn't sure at first if he was just putting on an act... because I thought... "this is why people don't go into public service and politics" But was really pleased when he showed up for work when least expected. :D

I am disturbed by the wy OYS died. his driver clearly aiming at his heart and his reflex when shot clearly looks like the bullet gets to his heart. But when the close up of him dying, he was shot at the head with entry from the right. Base on physics law it is quite unlogical because he and the driver are facing each other front view and for a bullet to get through his head when it was aiming on a lower side and from that distance is just unlogical!

***I work in science field and like PMJ I am quite concern with unlogical fact like this. 

Haha... lets not over analyse, we would just hurt our heads :o... fact is, the character died...  im sure OYS would be unsatisfied too, to die like that, ie to be killed by his own bodyguard... him being proud and all, he would want a more dignified death.... ah well...

At least it wasnt by the crazy snipers, who were aiming his body... :D

14 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Spoiler

Pardon me for quoting my own post, but apparently four of them went to watch a play starring the NIS team leader.

Based on what I read on the other site, they got criticized for being disruptive during the play.

Hope it will not affect the show even though the filming had ended. :huh:

22 hours ago, liltash85 said:

I am disturbed by the wy OYS died. his driver clearly aiming at his heart and his reflex when shot clearly looks like the bullet gets to his heart. But when the close up of him dying, he was shot at the head with entry from the right. Base on physics law it is quite unlogical because he and the driver are facing each other front view and for a bullet to get through his head when it was aiming on a lower side and from that distance is just unlogical!

***I work in science field and like PMJ I am quite concern with unlogical fact like this. 

I am glad someone else brought this up... I thought the same... like HOW?? :lol:  They obviously didn’t run that scene by PMJ before they filmed it or he would’ve pulled it apart like you have. :P

5 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Pardon me for quoting my own post, but apparently four of them went to watch a play starring the NIS team leader.

Based on what I read on the other site, they got criticized for being disruptive during the play.

Hope it will not affect the show even though the filming had ended. :huh:

Secretary Cha is hot on naver search now. I also hope the news will not affect the airing of the drama, just 2 more episodes to go !!

19 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Haha... lets not over analyse, we would just hurt our heads :o... fact is, the character died...  im sure OYS would be unsatisfied too, to die like that, ie to be killed by his own bodyguard... him being proud and all, he would want a more dignified death.... ah well...

At least it wasnt by the crazy snipers, who were aiming his body... :D

I am not over analyzing, but it is way too obvious. The inconsistency between the takes. I know that those two takes are shoot on different time. It may on different days too. 

i know that they wanted to end his character and he is kinda died as 'hero' according to his driver but just that idk why they seems like making he was shot in the head. He can still be dead if he was shot at the heart. 

57 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I am glad someone else brought this up... I thought the same... like HOW?? :lol:  They obviously didn’t run that scene by PMJ before they filmed it or he would’ve pulled it apart like you have. :P

it is too obvious that I cannot ignore it. I am shocked seeing the bullet entry point at the side of the head. That kind of entry point is only possible if the shooter is right next to him. or if he killed himself like the driver. :D

48 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

I am shocked seeing the bullet entry point at the side of the head. That kind of entry point is only possible if the shooter is right next to him. or if he killed himself like the driver. :D

My thoughts exactly.  High five!  Scientists unite!! PMJ would’ve been proud :lol:

10 hours ago, ryanallright said:

ased on what I read on the other site, they got criticized for being disruptive during the play.

Yeah, he apologised on his IG...but I doubt it will affect this drama. 

-----------------------

I am just glad that PMJ has his family. They mean everything to him and I am glad the so called scandal was not unnecessarily prolonged. I love the relationship between husband and wife - they both do not need words  to perfectly  understand each other.

Archived