[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

General Lee is a bit out maneuvered I think even if he is on President Park's side, in camouflage! He will need a bit of time for the president to do what he threatened to do with the waterborne military and some others, to bring down this ultra milky way society of elites. I guess the VIP was not expecting something to happen like this.

Why am I thinking like this is that this show has done a few tricks like this before where one is disagreeing but a later shot shows that they have complied with the request!

I don't know why Agent HNG and her team of heavily armed guards just concentrated on OYS at first. They should have got the driver first. Alas missed opportunity to bring in OYS and interrogate  him!

Why do I keep thinking Madam Yun is the VIP based on this photo:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB1nStLUcAAoQI9?format=jpg&name=small

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

Why do I keep thinking Madam Yun is the VIP based on this photo:

Omg!  You’re so sharp . I don’t remember seeing the tailor making any women suits before this . Everything in this show is symbolic , so you may be on to something here. 

@nrllee thanks for the explanation. I just completed the eps & it’s true , the polls weighed heavily in PMJ’s decision to retract the bill . Is this part of his growth from being a political novice to someone who understands how the game is played ? Maybe, but I think it is not so much that he wants to win to have the hot seat , he needs to win because losing would mean someone as dangerous & delusional as OYS would come into power. That last conversation he had with OYS tipped him in that direction While I’m sure a bill like that needs time to be discussed, I can understand the somewhat cynical  response given by Director Noh. There will always be a valid excuse not to have it tabled. Nevertheless , if we do get to see a Season 2 with PMJ as president, I do hope they revisit this so that PMJ’s apology to her does not come across as lip service .

This drama is really running on steroids now given that we finally have a military coup. This was something I have been anticipating from the very 1st time PMJ made the executive decision to not listen to the army generals & used his position as Commander in Chief. I am enjoying the development in PMJ’s leadership style . I am not sure if PMJ was trying pull a bluff, but I am glad he did not grovel when asking Gen Lee for help. Instead he told him he’d assemble other forms of military might to fight back. If he had been all apologetic , Lee in the future would always have the upper hand . 

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

This drama is really running on steroids now given that we finally have a military coup. This was something I have been anticipating from the very 1st time PMJ made the executive decision to not listen to the army generals & used his position as Commander in Chief. I am enjoying the development in PMJ’s leadership style . I am not sure if PMJ was trying pull a bluff, but I am glad he did not grovel when asking Gen Lee for help. Instead he told him he’d assemble other forms of military might to fight back. If he had been all apologetic , Lee in the future would always have the upper hand .

Yes I liked how he handled that situation.  He didn’t grovel.  He didn’t act all stupid, squirm and seem to be out of his league.  He did his research and homework before he went to that meeting.  He showed Lee that he knew how to use the weapons he had available.  So yes there’s definitely more of a politician who’s more decisive coming out.  No longer floundering.

Also this one of the highlights. LOL! I need to find a short video on this though!!

----------------------------
Also this::lol:
That awkward moment when you run out of office related vernacular and there is UST!!!
zrU2qPo.gif

PS: Sorry for the low quality though!

Actually after a think I still reckon VIP is Advisor Han.  The photos of Yun with the Tailor are red herrings.  I don’t think she’s behaved consistently “evil” enough to be hiding that secret.  She wouldn’t have stopped OYS’s swearing in ceremony when HNG rang her to cast doubt on Oh.  She would’ve just let the henchmen deal with her and pretend not to know and let it run its course.  Nor would she have given HNG the original blueprints for the bomb shelter room.  So no I don’t think she’s the VIP.  :huh:

@nrllee Oops I conveniently forgot those points!:D When you say it like that I guess to make her the mastermind the story will get too elaborate and convoluted just to fit in 2 episodes. I'll make a guess she is meeting Tailor Kim because this military coup is much more threatening than the VIP. 

What a sad ending for OYS. His colleague Sangmin understood that it would have been better to die like that then be ridiculed by the public when they have been cheered as heroes. I wonder if PMJ would make known of their involvement in the NA bombing. 

@pompyavi @bebebisous33 i share your thoughts on Tailor Kim that he may be the VIP. I have a feeling we may never know/see who the VIP is till the end of the show. 

With all that has happened in ep14 i'm of the opinion that the VIP's plan were flawed. With such magnitude as bombing a National Assembly and killing 200+ people to change a government whoever he/she is did not take into consideration the characters in play like OYS and General Eun. He expected them to obey his orders without question when really they have a mind of their own. There was no plan B or C and tailor Kim was shaking when confronted by General Eun. 

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The awkwardness was funny too when PMJ was confronted by the missus.

I thought he displayed that same nerdiness when he proposed to her. He smiled sheepishly and looked like a school boy being reprimanded for not doing his homework hahaha

I don't think Gen Lee will join hands with Gen Eun. He was proud enough not to bow to PMJ but he is a honorable man. 

There is still that nagging question of who the mole is in the BH. 

Many have voiced their opinion on the 2 episodes... just wanna say, 

1. Im shocked at Minister Oh's death. He was going to die anyway but it wasnt suppose to be like that, i guess.  Then again, i was worried that he might be shot at by the snipers, you know how crazy those snipers are; when they could have taken someone alive, tv dramas like to show us how they become clumsy and kill people on the spot... hah

2. Im sure General Lee will not join General Eun

3. Hey, whats with the small scene for Sec Cha and Jeong... haiz...

4. Sec Han looks more restless... and yes I agree that Rep Yun is not the VIP. Its still Sec Han ...  hmmm

5. And Agent Han should pay more attention to her junior. Im sure she is aware of his feelings... 

2 more episodes to go! DS Fighting ! :)

18 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

I have a feeling we may never know/see who the VIP is till the end of the show. 

That's one of the possiblity. In fact I read comments on YouTube and Twitter saying that the tailor made his own virtual VIP. 

Also I tried seeing that women's dress in that tailor shop during the episode but couldn't see that. I had the opinion that VIP might be a woman but again seeing how tailor Kim spoke in the episode made me rethink that he might be the actual VIP. I am more curious to see how did they wrap it actually. Because now am pretty sure we wont see the PE. Or we might be taken to the PE day directly during the last 5 minutes of the last episode. 

Now that I have read what the local viewers think , I have much respect for this writer for daring to touch on the Discrimination Bill. It is a hot & sensitive issue , and I believe the writer expected this backlash even though this is just a drama. 

PMJ would have totally lost the seat if he had pressed on. The drama was not exaggerating 

Translations By 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/08/designated-survivor-60-days-ep-13.html?m=1

Article: Naver 'Designated Survivor: 60 Days' Ji Jin Hee, Anti-Discrimination Act enforced

Spoiler

1. [+303, -177]
The Anti-Discrimination Act is what the homosexuals are demanding, isn't it? It's funny how this included in the drama. The treatment fee for AIDS contracted by homosexuals costs 5 million won monthly per person, they can choose to receive treatment anonymously, and it can be paid by taxes. Isn't that reverse discrimination? I wonder what was the scriptwriter thinking when s/he was writing this.
- [+44,-20]
That is just a small part of the Act. The Anti-Discrimination Act regulates on a larger scale. Please find out more information about it. 
- [+44,-23]
Crazy... Heterosexuals have a higher incidence of contracting AIDS than homosexuals. And that mindset of homosexuals=AIDS carriers shows are immature you are. I hope you think carefully again. 

2. [+277, -159]
The Anti-Discrimination Act is such a sensitive topic. I've been enjoying this drama but I felt uneasy the whole time I was watching this. 

3. [+84, -1]
Who could be the VIP... Looks like a plot twist is coming up... 

4. [+168, -105]
It's a shame to touch on such a sensitive topic when it was mentioned that this drama is tailored to our country's current situation. The original drama also touches gun control and transgenders but that's because Americans are fine with it. I can't help but think that this is done intentionally knowing that it's not the case in Korea. 
- [+43,-0]
The Americans don't mind, you say? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Gun control is a very sensitive issue in the US. About 30 people were killed in a mass shooting just last weekend. What is their reason for not being able to or choosing not to regulate gun control laws?

5. [+127, -65]
The Anti-Discrimination Act is turned into a righteous thing in the drama. Looks like this is a makjang. Or is it a pro-government drama?

6. [+33, -8]
It's a drama with good actors. I'm enjoying this.

7. [+35, -12]
It's a total disappointment today. There is zero tension. It felt uncomfortable to see them talking about the Anti-Discrimination Act the whole time today. 

8. [+19, -0]
It was a little difficult to understand today's episode. It's ending next week, why are you doing this, director? ㅠㅠㅠㅠ And that sudden basketball scene. It's insane, seriously ㅋㅋㅋ 

9. [+39, -23]
I'm not sure about their intention... The Anti-Discrimination Act actually supports Reverse Discrimination. I wonder what is their intention for adding this in. This feels unpleasant.

——-

And oh my ! Oppa LJH  dying brought in the highest one minute rating .

Final BTS for LJH. Am gonna miss him :dissapointed_relieved:

Park dae's family and Agent Han and Juno!!!

------------------------------------------

On another note OYS started posturing and being too loud with his thoughts towards Kim Tailor. But alas he was not a patient man. 

Unrelated or off topic:
Spoiler

I'd love to see him play as a uniform wearing male lead!:lol::D

after watching episode 14 I been thinking that maybe they won't show the v.i.p. Or if he/she is show it will be like the last episodes last minutes.  that could totally lead to second season. well if there ever will be second season.

there has to more that one mole in the blue house or how else the bad guys always know what going to happen. 

there still 30 days left and only two episodes left.:D

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

What a feast !

Finally!!  Our OTP is dining side by side... It’s not chicken and beer but hey, you gotta take what you get...JinHee you did good...let the rumours begin... :lol::wub:

after watching EP 14, I am almost confirm the tailor is indeed the VIP. Idky but since earlier episode I believe he is the VIP. The reason is we never see him make a call to the 'VIP' and if there is an actual VIP, we should already get a glimpse of him (either his hand, leg, silhoutte, back of his body etc) like how other drama hinting but in this none. Furthermore, all the evidence is in his safe box so I do believe he is the VIP. He just said about the 'VIP' so that people will listen to him because how do you want to get those high officials to listen to ex -spy if he did not create a much bigger rank character. 

For Sec Han, I think he is the mole aka insider for Tailor Kim's team rather than the VIP himself. 

3 hours ago, sn2111a said:

i'm really not sure what to expect for the last two eps and have around 30 days left till the Pres elections... just hope they wrap it up coherently if they wont make another season!

Though they paced it really well that I didn't realise we're going to see the last episode so soon :(((

yup. hope no season 2. The reason I get bored with American Series is because they always did not conclude and drag the series into too many seasons until it become ridiculous. 

Archived