Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

@disembody I knew a bit on insider trading and market etc - basically, if you are a leader, from any point of view(liberal/conservative) there is no way you could NOT NOT close the market. Kang is economically conservative while Yun is liberal on that score -- thousands of traders and banks will be cursing at you, not counting ordinary ppl that trade. There are circumstances where traders are compelled to trade (think of foreign currencies) due to govt limit them to hold a certain no of forex (they hold too much forex and must get rid of them by end of day) so they will be making a huge losses. He is doing this purely for the financial backer in the Tailor group to profit from it.

Oh looks popular on the front but ppl who knew even a tiny bit about politics and/ot economics will call it a career suicide

• Like 12

Also I 'm starting to notice that Reporternim  Woo Sin-Young is showing a lot of empathy towards Kim Namwook. Wish she is bold enough to ask him out?

I loved the convo between Chief of Civil affairs Ahn and Seoul Mayor who is honking horns and balking at the idea of a rookie talking all the reins out of their hands!

OYS is taking the Commander-in-Chief thing literally and establish a chain of command where he is at the top. Madam Yun could not even say anything to stop him even though she made a promise to PMJ.

Madam Yun complimenting Park dae was the highlight of the episode for me. She wants him for durability not for his idealistic views.

Secretary Min pointing out to Sujeong that this is a rerun of Park Dae's first day as Acting President should have raised a red flag in their minds. Maybe Ch.Sec Cha thinks that OYS is too smooth for a political rookie and suspect that he has some backing . It's time for them to trust Agent Han Nagyeong. Maybe she will be given an office to operate inside the Blue House! After Park Dae recovers.

But will Park Dae recover in 9 to 10 days time? By that time it will be a month for the Presidential Election! Will OYS be left at the Office for the duration of a month. Will Park Dae run his campaign. Will OYS popularity dip when he starts to deviate from the VIP mastermind's plans.

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Also I 'm starting to notice that Reporternim  Woo Sin-Young is showing a lot of empathy towards Kim Namwook. Wish she is bold enough to ask him out?

She does right? She keeps pouting sadface and seems concerned but im not sure if its bc of nam wookie. tho their chemistry from the start was not baaaad!!  

actually i really liked that the head of security finally went to investigate things secretly and independently for Pres Park. And their propositions to become allies was thru violent means LOL

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

23 minutes ago, sn2111a said:

actually i really liked that the head of security finally went to investigate things secretly and independently for Pres Park. And their propositions to become allies was thru violent means LOL

Don't tell me about it!!!:lol: Maybe I enjoyed it a bit too much that big man being pushed to the door, willingly!! Okay I will stop!!!:lol:

---------------------------

I noticed something in the last episode. This has always been at the back of my mind. OYS stared at the Presidential emblem and the chair and then sat on it quite comfortably. Whereas Park Dae keeps staring at the chair and seems uncomfortable with the chair and choose not to sit in it. I'm ready for the day he will accept the chair! ~~~~~~~~~Park MyungJae for President!!!! Long Live the President!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

Madam Yun complimenting Park dae was the highlight of the episode for me. She wants him for durability not for his idealistic views

Yes!!! in the first place, he didn't really have idealistic views or even said much about them, he just wanted to make sure that when something works and it wud work well. not just for fluffy popularity

• Like 8

A good presidential candidate must have a story, charisma and luck which the journalist saw in OYS. However, OYS doesn't have luck because we know for sure that OYS was never targeted in the bombing and in the assassination attempt.  Furthermore I am quite sure that his survival in the battle has been glorified. Then the market recovered because it had been manipulated. The VIP ensured that the rich members of his organisation would buy shares so that they would contribute to stabilize the market. In reality, only the rich ones benefited from the crisis, while the average citizens lost a lot. But since on the paper, the market didn't plummet, it looks like the economy is not touched. OYS could react quickly because he had received orders, while PMJ was taken by surprise. We can see a huge contrast between OYS and PMJ. The latter was able to win the support of the administration, while OYS doesn't care about it. Besides, CYJ, as kingmaker, will never support OYS and this is important. CYJ had been courted by Yun and KSK, he rejected both. In the preview, we see Han asking CYJ if he doesn't perceive OYS as the winner. This seems to indicate that Han wants CYJ to support OYS, but CYJ will never agree to it. It is not just about winning, CYJ has also ideals which OYS doesn't represent. Finally, OYS will never ask CYJ to become his political advisor as he is not someone who relies on others. Don't forget that he considers himself as the captain hence he views himself as superior. He doesn't listen to people, he has his own ideas.  

Striking is that I see some conflict between OYS and the VIP coming due to the tailor's words: "the VIP is not fond of people crossing the line".So far, the VIP is the real leader of the group but OYS sees himself as the captain. At some point, OYS might question the VIP's leadership: Who is the true leader of the organization? It looks like the VIP is the brain and OYS is the face. I do think that OYS could "cross the line" as he has the impression that he has the support of the citizens. But like the reporter Woo said, the ratings are not reflecting how people will vote 40 days later. Nothing is sure. 

There is one thing that bothered in the last episode: what happened to HM's kid? Was he rescued or not?

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

3 hours ago, sn2111a said:

Idk u guys... OUR SECRETARY SHIP T.T 

its so touching that Cha immediately came to Sujeong after the gunshots... HE LOVES HER ALR :wub:

Theyre starting to have expectations of each other but... no clear understanding until they talk it out. And Sujeong is totally misunderstanding about the call Cha did, im totally sure that he's not the bad guy.

Kim Nam Wook and his infatuation though and Sec Min catching his feelings lol, too obvious

i think most of us agree Cha is not the bad guy here. Though the drama try to make him look like one now but i still not buying it. 

on the VIP, I have a feeling it is someone unpredictable. i want to think it's Han but it will be obvious if the VIP is Han (imo). 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Striking is that I see some conflict between OYS and the VIP coming due to the tailor's words: "the VIP is not fond of people crossing the line".So far, the VIP is the real leader of the group but OYS sees himself as the captain. At some point, OYS might question the VIP's leadership: Who is the true leader of the organization? It looks like the VIP is the brain and OYS is the face. I do think that OYS could "cross the line" as he has the impression that he has the support of the citizens. But like the reporter Woo said, the ratings are not reflecting how people will vote 40 days later. Nothing is sure. 

There is one thing that bothered in the last episode: what happened to HM's kid? Was he rescued or not?

That is exactly why OYS was as @triplem mentioned visibly angry when he went to confront the tailor about the assassination attempt on PMJ. OYS wasn't informed of what was to take place at the investiture and it could be the same with the bombing, he was only told at the last minute before the bomb went off. 

Its safe to assume now that everyone within the group do not each other and have not met the VIP. I think only the tailor knows his identity. The reason for this would be if their plan didn't work out they can easily disband and regroup later and that makes it harder to track them down. 

I'm beginning to think that the VIP is head of the 'group' which the tailor mentioned. They could be members made up of conglomerates who definitely benefited when the market crash and rebound. I don't think Han is the VIP but i'm not denying his involvement in it. 

Han said the next line to take over PMJ is Minister of Finance but he was also shot in the incident. Do you think that was a coincidence? I heard they say there was two shots. Meaning they didn't take into account the shot by Agent Han. It was not surprise that OYS ordered the sniper to be killed, that should cover his track but i'm wondering if they would just stop there. Would OYS be ordering an investigation into the dead sniper, his family, his recent contacts et al? 

@nrllee about Han being pensive and all that, i'm thinking as the case with OYS, Han too did not know about the assassination attempt and what the VIP is planning. I remember a couple of episodes back in one scene after a drinking session with PMJ, Han broke down. When i think about it now it could probably mean that Han is part of the group but did not know what was being planned (the NA bombing). 

Yes, it seems the issue of HM;s son was not dealt with in ep11, i hope we get to know something about it in ep12. Looks like agent Han is out. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@liltash85 @nrllee Strangely after this episode, I have the impression that Han is the VIP. Why?

1. In the episode 10 we were shown that Han belongs to the conspiracy due to his agenda. He had noted the name of the file and the time therefore he discovered what PMJ was after. But he remained quiet. So he knew that the Acting president had heard about OYS and the existence of the mole. However, we never saw Han at the tailor shop, while little by little we saw the different clients of the tailor: OYS, the agent TaeIk, the NSI chief etc.
  2. Furthermore, the tailor mentioned on the phone to OYS that the VIP had discovered that PMJ was onto them. So the only person shown knowing that PMJ was aware of the existence of the mole and the infiltration was just Han.
  3. What caught my attention in this episode is the scene between Han and the protocol administrator Park SK. Han was totally gentle and kind towards PSK. Han showed concern and care for him. PSK should be perceived as a representative of youth. And here, I see some parallels between the tailor and Han. The tailor is also a young man so maybe Han acted the same way with him. The tailor is an absolute supporter of the VIP. Han has charisma and knowledge. He can judge people quite pretty well... like for example the NSI chief or the the general LMG. He knew that the general would never agree with a change of regime. However, I sense that his huge flaw is his arrogance thinking that he is always right with his judgement. He never thought that he could be mistaken about PMJ.
  4. His firm conviction that PMJ is not a good president candidate. He denied it twice and we saw in the preview that Han talks to CYJ about OYS. It clearly reveals that Han is convinced that OYS is a good candidate and he wants to persuade CYJ to abandon PMJ and choose OYS. The real purpose of the bombing was to turn OYS into a good presidential candidate and to ensure his election.
  5. In the episode 1, Yang and Han talked about history and change. Yang wanted to mark a huge change, in other words change history. And this conversation is really telling. Since Han and Yang were close, we can assume that Han had a similar idea but he wanted to change it differently. 

Finally, we shouldn't judge Han's reaction, when he heard that the other minister had been shot. The moles are all acting as if they were supporting PMJ. Notice the reaction of the NSI chief, when he heard that OYS gave the order to kill the sniper. He acted surprised and disapproving... yet I am sure that he was agreeing with the decision as he knew that they needed to cover up their tracks.

@imgreatgal I have to disagree with you. OYS must have known about the bombing because he needed to know where the shelter was. Furthermore, he needed an alibi hence he had to ask for his comrades' help. He knew what was coming and saw it as a necessary evil. OYS was upset in the last episode because OYS had not been informed. By not being informed, OYS felt that he was treated like a tool. He wasn't shocked and upset because PMJ had been hurt. In my opinion, this episode illustrates the future struggle between the VIP and OYS. OYS considers himself superior, as the captain, but he was warned by the tailor that he was just a pawn and tool. He is ordered "not to cross the line", to remember that he is under the leadership of the VIP.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

Okay I have a doubt ... How did the tailor group get to know that PMJ is looking for the insider? And also how did they know that HNK had evidence against OYS? 

I think I need to rewatch some episodes. As of now I can only Policy advisor Han as the person working for the tailor group from BH. There can be more. And it seems like nobody came to know that Kim Jun Ho was alive. I doubted Seo Ji Won but if he is really with that group then the NIS director would have known that Kim Jun Ho was alive. 

I can't wait to see how they are going to wrap up within 5 more episodes. Also will PMJ become a Presidential Candidate or not?

• Like 9

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1158659163351744513?s=20

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBRiWFqVAAA4EpT?format=jpg&name=smallhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBRiWFrUEAEHD_R?format=jpg&name=small

I went over to naver/papago translate and the caption says!! lol

You're not going to lie down all the time, are you?
Oh Young-seok from Cheong Wa Dae took over.

and google says!!!

Bak Dang You're not going to lie down all day?
Oo Young-seok was captured by the Blue House.

------------------------

I feel its saying

Park Dae you need to wake up!! You can't be lying on bed all throughout the episode!!

OYS has taken over the Blue House!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I feel Advisor Han would be annoyed by Oh suddenly gaining power.  Because he said so himself that for anybody to run as the next Presidential candidate, they have to vacate the Acting President seat 30 days prior?  I think he knows OYS shouldn’t be given a taste of power before his time.  He may not want to give it up once he dons the Ring of Power. Also, there’s no guarantee that PMJ would recover quickly enough to get back in to reclaim the Acting President seat from OYS before the 30 day deadline?  In which case they’d have to leave OYS in that seat till the very last minute.  It’s another quandary they can do without.  Can they unseat Oh in time for him to run?  Will he give it back willingly?

Yes I wonder about the little boy as well.  I hope they resolve that soon.  

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

about Han being pensive and all that, i'm thinking as the case with OYS, Han too did not know about the assassination attempt and what the VIP is planning. I remember a couple of episodes back in one scene after a drinking session with PMJ, Han broke down. When i think about it now it could probably mean that Han is part of the group but did not know what was being planned (the NA bombing). 

That could be a possibility.  That he’s in the dark too.  But he seems to be the one who is the only one not having any scenes with the Tailor guy.  Everyone else has been seen to be with him or in the shop at one time or another.  Yet we know he’s definitely part of the terror cell.  So perhaps he’s not the VIP but he seems to be higher up the ladder than OYS.  As for breaking down with PMJ I forget why he did?  Was it a lament for the fallen? Or a cry for a better government in general?  He can cry for his “friend” Yang but if he’s loyal to the cause, he will be able to view his death and the countless others as a necessary ‘sacrifice’ for a better tomorrow.  People who strap their children with bombs and send them to their death will also weep for them as they say their goodbyes but their belief is that a higher cause is at stake and hence will still send them off. There’s an old Chinese saying which says, “Sacrifice the little Me to accomplish the big Me”.  It’s a different mindset. 

@pompyavi

How did the tailor group get to know that PMJ is looking for the insider?

Coz the lady who was asked to provide phone records by SJ rang Advisor Han informing him of her search and the specific dates.  

@jenappelle

Kang is economically conservative while Yun is liberal on that score

Is Yun liberal economically?  Her main concern was that the market free fall would affect the common folk - pensioners whose retirement savings would be severely affected.  And with them, it hits hard coz it’s not like they can “wait” for the upturn because they are old.  So I would’ve thought she was conservative in this instance.  But I could be wrong.  :)

• Like 10

Interesting... not sure than I'm any wiser than I was from last week. But wow... OYS is showing his true totalitarian colours... or not. :P Dubious or evil... LJH is wonderful here. His elegance and charisma even when he's playing the baddie is oddly... probably just me... mesmerizing. :D I wouldn't disagree that the optics he displays plays well on telly ;) but yeah... I'm in fear for democracy if he's at the helm. Not the perfect system but better than all the others. Mr (or Ms) VIP sure likes to keep his/her minions on their toes. I'm sure the assassination attempt is just as much a message to OYS re: who is really calling the shots as it was eliminating the competition. I also thought that the message sent to the attackers by OYS was a some kind of message to the VIP about overreach in attacking PMJ directly. Yes, no... maybe. And no, I still don't think Sec Han is the VIP. And I wouldn't be surprise if OYS turns against the VIP at some stage. Hey, I'm clinging on to my hypothesis for dear life. 

Like some have said, the highlight of Episode 11 was YCK little chat with a sickly PMJ. YCK really showed that she's not just some slick experienced political operator. It is good to know that there are things that she really cares about especially in her encounter with OYS. Sadly the country has to be in crisis before all sides decide to work together for the good of the nation.

I just adore PMJ's relationship with his wife. They are such a lovely couple. And what a nice functional marriage. Shock horror! It's really a breath of fresh air when we consider other political partnerships we've seen from Kdramaland where the spouses can't bear to be in the same room. Well, it helps that neither of them had any intention of going into politics in the first place ;). I thought it was very interesting that Sec Han apologized for dragging PMJ into the top job and expressed regret. Yeah... another reason why I don't think he's the VIP (even if he's the prime suspect for Blue House mole).

As for the office romance... well, @triplem... I am confident (I'm not confident about much else in this show) that it will sail but not until Episode 15 or 16. It would be a shocking waste of UST especially after all the wink, hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

Is there something going on with the odd numbered episodes? They seem to be slower moving than the even numbered ones. 

It's turning out to be a busy week so I can't post much or respond to posts. But I'm agreeing with some of the ideas people have although I will be the first to say that we probably won't know everything for certain until Episode 16. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

What is there to say... Minister Oh was a soldier, a bitter leader who saw his platoon members killed, he a leader from the beginning...But regardless, he was decisive as shown in the decision to kill the sniper (though we know its cover his richard simmons, hehe)

But seriously, did anyone think that the sniper actually died? There was no scene of it. It could have been a dummy? Not sure.

Secretary Cha, yes, this episode tried to show us that he didnt care for President Park, but we know he does care or else he would have resiged and left like the first time. He is not the type to explain himself to Sec Jeong, though he tried in the end. But seeing how silent he is at times, i hope if both him and sec jeong are in a relationship, he will always have a nice side or him, or else being serious all the time (like sec Han) would not mean be a happy ship, haha :)

I believe Sec Cha is sharp, hence  he understood why Sec Jeong avoided him when they could have had the date earlier, after her outburst... all the best Sec Cha! Fighting!

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

And no, I still don't think Sec Han is the VIP. And I wouldn't be surprise if OYS turns against the VIP at some stage. Hey, I'm clinging on to my hypothesis for dear life. 

Go you!  Stand your ground. You may yet be proven right :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

another player showed up. The rich old man. 

OYS enjoys the power and he's totally going to cross the line. But how?

The real question is: who is the V.I.P?

- tailor guy

- Sec Han

- or Someone who still hasn't show up

And what the V.I.P want? Total power? 

Sec Cha is never going to support OYS. He's president park's Chief secretary. I'm mean OYS is on the lead in the presidential race but he's the kind of man who doesn't take advice. He want to run things his way. 

• Like 11

Wait...can anyone read Korean?  Why does my English translation say it’s his (Advisor Han) last shoot?  Is he leaving the drama?  Dun...dun...duh... maybe Advisor Han isn’t the VIP after all?  He can’t be leaving in Ep 12... unless they are done filming?  PMJ isn’t laid up in bed...he looks remarkably healthy for someone who’s just had 12 hr surgery :lol:  More questions... @40somethingahjumma May be right all along :o

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

This drama is so amazing.... I really can't tell for sure who is the bad guy and who is the good guy.

This one seems so supportive but then he found out to be one of people who caused something.

This seems attacking the president but in the end the president ask her for help...

This one seems calm but then he is the tool that used by powerful man..

in the end in my eye everyone is suspicious...

I'm wondering if our president have something too.... 

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Wait...can anyone read Korean?  Why does my English translation say it’s his (Advisor Han) last shoot?  Is he leaving the drama?  Dun...dun...duh... maybe Advisor Han isn’t the VIP after all?  He can’t be leaving in Ep 12... unless they are done filming?  PMJ isn’t laid up in bed...he looks remarkably healthy for someone who’s just had 12 hr surgery :lol:  More questions... @40somethingahjumma May be right all along :o

I think its just saying Blue House set last filming. Last filming with his sunbaenim . Maybe they have finished filming for the last episode!!

www.instagram.com/p/B0zqEOolenC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

A briefing by Agent HNG?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@bebebisous33 Han not appearing at the tailor shop could probably mean he is being cautious because he is from the BH. I don’t think we’ve  seen Mdm Yun’s assistant at the tailor shop.

And may be he was thinking of his son when he acted that way towards PSK.

• Like 10