Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

Special Advisor to the President Han JooSeung has written record of the File number OP 5015-18 in is log diary for the day the call was made to revoke Commander Lee Gwang-Muk's security clearance. Lee Gwang-Muk is too radical and too loud to the liking of SA Han it seems at the time the Secretary Cha made that call. But why do I feel that SA Han has seen this file already and he did not want any of the radical elements of Yang Jinman government see this file.

I don't think he is the mastermind on one hand but on the other hand I feel he is. Why did he not share information with Acting President Myunjae after he found the file has been recovered. Maybe he is playing dumb so that the mastermind don't suspect him.

Maybe Commander Gwang-Muk talked with a higher up because they revoked his clearance and that person might be the mastermind after being made aware of this file.

Secretay Jeong mentioned that the now Special Advisor Han and Ch. Sec Cha shared the same phone when this event happened. Could the call somehow be doctored to sound like Ch.Sec. Cha by a third party.  The camera panning at him like that too many times has made me distrust the point of view of the camera and I'm saying the mastermind is not Ch.Sec. Cha

-----------------------

Now the tailor guy wearing specs has made me really curious about him with his allegorical badger and rat  terms . He told OYS that he will be the biggest beneficiary after the investiture of ministers event. I kinda felt forewarned after that.

------------

After watching the preview I feel that Pres PMJ was shot the second time coz Agent HNG could not shoot down the killer because of the window and because she was taken down to the ground!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 4

thank you for all the inputs! I just love this drama so much and fell in love with secretary Cha! I actually love all the secretaries, different personalities and hoping all of them will love our acting president Park. No traitor please, it will break my heart big time!

• Like 9
  • Love 5

Aaah Kim Juno!!!:bawling: You died a hero!

I could not comment on my previous post coz I had to run an errand suddenly! But what was I going to say....!

---------------------------

Sorry I spoiled my self and someone mentioned that episode 11 is named Acting President Oh Young Seok. So how do I feel about that after I saw that preview ending is .. on one hand bad on the other hand good!! Now I will spoiler it.

Spoiler

I feel that scene at the end of the preview shows Park Dae covered with a black cloth and carried to the hospital heavily guarded. I can't think of any other personnel being brought to the hospital and the hospital going on full alert like this unless it's a major disastrous event! if it was OYS it won't be that much heavily guarded. This is my humble opinion.

Somehow Park Dae will have to step down due to something major but then he can announce he is running for presidency after recuperating!! So Acting President OYS will be checkmated!!! And Yun depuyonim will be amazed and coughing!!!

PS: I hope Ch.Sec. Cha's office romance don't get awkward or get dashed to the ground. I hope when all is said and done they show that they go on that chicken beer date!!

Namwook's attempt trying to woo Secretary Jeong is also hilarious! Has he realized he's lost already!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler

To me Cha Young Jin is the real star of the show. I think everyone thinks it. YCK knows it, Mayor Kang knows it, JSJ knows and now even OYS knows it. Everyone maybe except PMJ. :P

It's so adorable and delightful that he caught on to the subtext in JSJ's thank you so quickly. But it's par for the course for a man who deals almost entirely in subtext. ;)

I don't for one single minute believe he's the one who made the decision to revoke General Lee's security clearance. The audio file playback was calculated to cause JSJ to jump to that conclusion so she won't have beer and chicken with him until Episode 16. What better way to snuff out a budding romance than to make one party suspicious of the other. What's also really hilarious is that the press secretary was trying to hit on her. Kdramaland and their love triangles... sheesh...

Son Seok Koo is the main star of the show along with Ji Jin Hee. His performance is so unique and so good, and I am quite sure he is not the mastermind nor a part of the bombing due to:

1) Although he is part of trusted staff of Yang, he does not have the highest authority back then, and not even prior Han's dismissal.

2) Doesnt fit his MO. Cha has been shown, with or without any people around him, that he idolise Yang and his beliefs. He rejected the very capable Yun due to rather harsh beliefs on NK, nor the always dirty tactics of Kang. He can and is quite willing to play dirty but not low as even Kang's level

3)The call centre operator panics and call Han immediately afte Sec Jeong calls her. If Cha is the mastermind or part of it, this would be played out immediately.

4) Han take action after the call, with the secret code in his diary. Additionally, I think Cha and Jeong was observed by him when Jeong excuses herself saying she has work.

5) his motivation is finding a good man as President. Bombing doesnt give him that.

I am sure its a red herring.

But I will be annoyed if it drags out too long. The writer did have the habit of resolving in odd numbered episodes so lets see. Would love your thoughts.

From a scriptwriting perspective I think Park will be running for President but how you made a reluctant man to run for President? There are several possibilities:

1) Cha persuade him to run via lots of talks - less convincing from a writing perspective so we need EXTERNAL rather than internal factors

2) The only possible way I could see Park running for it is that he has no alternatives. Basically, under the threat of Oh running for president, he has to get the lesser evil choice of two- resigns and making Oh the effective President. That way Oh has only 30-40 days to run as President and limit the damage. And he cant run as actual President afterwards.

So  I feel that if Sec Cha resigns etc, he could run as his campaign manager.

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

There you go @jenappelle officially HOT. :lol:  And we’re past page 20

Yep, lets cook it, cook it until HOTTTTT. I am so happy we reached 5.9% thank you @triplem

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nrllee said:

I took the liberty of taking a screenshot of the YouTube video of the Preview.  I think @sn2111a is right.  PMJ was the one shot. :tears: OYS is the guy in the dark blue/navy suit?  

My thoughts exactly! Also OYS eyes was not glazed enough when he tried to hold Park Dae!  He looked as if something unbelievable happened. I feel he did not even know that Park Dae was going to be taken down. The mastermind is the mastermind for a reason after all I guess, lol! He don't want OYS credibility be questioned. IS OYS still following orders like when he was in the military/navy without questioning the mastermind!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 12
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

My thoughts exactly! Also OYS eyes was not glazed enough when he tried to hold Park Dae!  He looked as if something unbelievable happened. I feel he did not even know that Park Dae was going to be taken down. The mastermind is the mastermind for a reason after all I guess, lol! He don't want OYS credibility be questioned. IS OYS still following orders like when he was in the military/navy without questioning the mastermind!!

What fo you mean by glazing?and yes, it looks like he wasnt informed about it. Was he the one that pushes Park Dae down? And it makes sense its Park Dae as his face is covered for anonymity.

OYS def wasnt informed of this. And this goes to the question of why. Someone must knew Park is not the idiot they assumed and must eliminate him before suspicion arosw, but such move are lil desperate from mastermind.

Spoiler

I feel that scene at the end of the preview shows Park Dae covered with a black cloth and carried to the hospital heavily guarded. I can't think of any other personnel being brought to the hospital and the hospital going on full alert like this unless it's a major disastrous event! if it was OYS it won't be that much heavily guarded. This is my humble opinion.

Somehow Park Dae will have to step down due to something major but then he can announce he is running for presidency after recuperating!! So Acting President OYS will be checkmated!!! And Yun depuyonim will be amazed and coughing!!!

This. There is no way Oh will be covered by a coat on his face. My guess is that Park"s only chess move is to resign, forcing Oh to be President due to he has the higher rank after him

Spoiler

PS: I hope Ch.Sec. Cha's office romance don't get awkward or get dashed to the ground. I hope when all is said and done they show that they go on that chicken beer date!!

Me too. Both of their chemistry is crazy. Have you guys seen this? (Ps naver has full vers)

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

What fo you mean by glazing?and yes, it looks like he wasnt informed about it. Was he the one that pushes Park Dae down? And it makes sense its Park Dae as his face is covered for anonymity.

OYS def wasnt informed of this. And this goes to the question of why. Someone must knew Park is not the idiot they assumed and must eliminate him before suspicion arosw, but such move are lil desperate from mastermind.

You know when you go to the fish market and see the eyes of fish. Also maybe I've watched too many CSI dramas lol

also this

Spoiler

glaze   verb [ I/T ]
us /ɡleɪz/
to cover an object, as a food, with a liquid that shines when it dries:
[ T ] The cake was glazed with raspberry syrup.
When someone’s eyes glaze over, they become fixed and shiny, as if the person is not seeing anything:
[ I ] By the fourth act of the opera, his eyes had glazed over (= he became bored).

I guess the mastermind have gone a bit stir crazy coz he can't put Park Dae down easily.

I want to see Agent HNG next move after she get arrested by the security guards!!! This is the first time I'm wishing Monday come sooner and week end be sped up!! lol
  • Like 10

Although I'm raving about Cha Young Jin and by extension SSK, I also think LJH is giving a beautifully nuanced performance. He's naturally very charismatic anyway but there's something about his OYS that's deeply enigmatic. It doesn't help too that he says very little and what he does say is often quite cryptic. I can't help feeling that even though he seems to be in league with key conspirators that he's not entirely on board with everything. The way LJH plays him, it's as if he has his own agenda. This is why I still think there's a possibility he's a mole or double agent. Nobody has to agree with me of course. ;)Just one of my happy delusions. A scene that leads me to question any kind certainty regarding OYS' complete culpability is the one before his investiture (here we call it a "swearing in" ) where his former subordinates salute him and tells him to forge a new Korea for them. He seems almost sad.

But he is definitely a hard guy to read. What is interesting though is that with experienced political operators, his shields are up and his manner of speaking is tinged with irony. However occasionally especially when he's with PMJ, there's an odd ring of sincerity.

It's clear from the scene in the tailor's shop and the shooting though that he isn't privy to everything that the big wigs are up to. He's certainly not the puppet master.  It makes sense if the conspiracy operates on a "need-to-know" basis".

I guess I'm one of those few who don't really think Sec Han is the mastermind. It is possible that he is a member of the conspiracy but as the overlord, no. It would I suspect have to be someone with pots and pots of money. Even now, I'm still not sure if he's involved at all although he has the means and the opportunity.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

57 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Although I'm raving about Cha Young Jin and by extension SSK, I also think LJH is giving a beautifully nuanced performance. He's naturally very charismatic anyway but there's something about his OYS that's deeply enigmatic. It doesn't help too that he says very little and what he does say is often quite cryptic. I can't help feeling that even though he seems to be in league with key conspirators that he's not entirely on board with everything. The way LJH plays him, it's as if he has his own agenda. This is why I still think there's a possibility he's a mole or double agent. Nobody has to agree with me of course. ;)Just one of my happy delusions. A scene that leads me to question any kind certainty regarding OYS' complete culpability is the one before his investiture (here we call it a "swearing in" ) where his former subordinates salute him and tells him to forge a new Korea for them. He seems almost sad.

But he is definitely a hard guy to read. What is interesting though is that with experienced political operators, his shields are up and his manner of speaking is tinged with irony. However occasionally especially when he's with PMJ, there's an odd ring of sincerity.

It's clear from the scene in the tailor's shop and the shooting though that he isn't privy to everything that the big wigs are up to. He's certainly not the puppet master.  It makes sense if the conspiracy operates on a "need-to-know" basis".

I guess I'm one of those few who don't really think Sec Han is the mastermind. It is possible that he is a member of the conspiracy but as the overlord, no. It would I suspect have to be someone with pots and pots of money. Even now, I'm still not sure if he's involved at all although he has the means and the opportunity.

I do agree with you about Han not being the mastermind. All his mourning scenes for late president felt so real, I can't help but feel he really loved pre Yang, and even if he was against his politics and wanted to change it, he would've done it in any other way than killing the president. but than again he is a very mysterious man, my all theories about him could be wrong.

about OYS, yes he is certainly hard to read. one thing for sure, he loves his country, or more he loves the people of his country but hated the politics. His means are wrong, but not his intentions, and I won't be really surprised if he joined hands with PMJ later on (just like you said a double agent), once he finds the real intentions of the VIP is not wha he is dreaming for.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2

I transcribed the subs for EP11 trailer via chinese subs. 

https://twitter.com/Joansallen/status/1156497317567926272?s=19

Edit: I expect such scenes to occur. What else could make that fabled chimaek epic? And yes @angelbeast90 thank you for clarifying. I amnot sure whether Oh who is willing to kill a bunch of innocent victims to achieve his goal will feel more than shock about not informed about the attempted assasination.

I think Han if he is part of the group, he could be a right hand man of the vip. As you mentioned, he doesnt have loads of money although he is well off.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jenappelle said:

As for Sec Cha , love that lines! Think we will see our chimaek date as they keep hyping it up. TVN you better make it awesome!!

Tell me about it....looks like the ship could barely take off this episode. 

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

May I join you on this? :lol:  LJH was the main reason I started this and part of me  does not want to see him be the ultimate baddie; though we know he has a penchant for taking on these shady characters. Am sure you know I am terribly bias but I do love how understated he plays this character.  Though he is  quietly confident and projects a gentle demeanor , there are moments in his words where he is seething with anger .  So good. 

---------------------------

Though I can't entirely read OYS and it seems he  isn't the VIP,  I do think he is part of this because he truly  believes that this is the only way for a new Korea to be formed .  Actually he fits the terrorist mind set in some ways.  There's misconception that terrorists are sadists or psychopaths who are eveready  to plant a bomb somewhere.  Many willingly join a terrorist organisation for very rational reasons. OYS for example isn't doing this because he is a deviant personality or power hungry ( the way I feel Yun is ). He is hurt and disappointed , and like many terrorists genuinely sees that political violence is the only way to react to a perceived injustice . That is why there's utmost sincerity in every word he says- this is him trying to right a wrong . Though the wrong may very well be real or imagined .

Edited by triplem
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like everyone here doesn't think or do not want Sec Cha to be that mole in the BH and i sooooooo do not want him to be too hahaha! but that recording Sec Jeong just heard could put a damper on their ongoing romance i'm sorry to say hahaha

Could there be a reason why the Mins of Def revoked Gen Lee's security clearance? To me Gen Lee was rather suspicious at the beginning when he pushed for Defcon 2 in the case of the NK submarine and calling his man to be on standby to strike without permission from PMJ. I think he acts rather rashly when it comes to NK, that could be the reason his security clearance was revoked. 

2 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

about OYS, yes he is certainly hard to read. one thing for sure, he loves his country, or more he loves the people of his country but hated the politics.

Sometimes a person believes can be quiet dangerous. I find OYS calm and clean cut demeanor rather eerie especially how he settled easily and quickly after the bombing mind you he was the victim. His talk about a New Korea is just frightening. 

The title for ep11 is Acting President OYS? if i'm not mistaken someone mentioned that they had planned it so that OYS couldn't run for president because he needs to resign withing 10 days. Now is it not dangerous if he is acting president. Remember PMJ had made adjustment to the security level so that if OYS is made Min of Def he will not be able to gain access to the confidential info at will. But an acting President will be able to. 

Okay, some questions.

I don't think that person they brought in on the gurney with the face covered is PMJ. Why cover his face?

Was Agent Han able to rescue Han Mo's son? 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

don't think that person they brought in on the gurney with the face covered is PMJ. Why cover his face?

That stumped me too.  From a medical point of view, err...gunshot victim...why would you make it harder for him to breathe :lol:?  But hey I will let it slide.

I am with @40somethingahjumma and @triplem with the duality of OYS.  He’s faithful to the cause but I think he actually respects PMJ and some of the others.  He’s admires their bravery or their focus but he still sticks to the Mission plan like a good soldier does.  I think that’s why sometimes he seems to be of 2 minds.  PMJ functions so outside the political box that he can’t help but win his respect.  And because OYS is not the VIP, he’s not totally in tune with everything that’s going to happen either.  Which is why I think he looked so stunned at PMJ being taken down?  He probably didn’t know it was going to happen?  Or was he the intended target and he was stunned that the sniper took out PMJ instead?  So actually he may yet turn and swap sides if his loyalties waver from what unfolds.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

Looks like everyone here doesn't think or do not want Sec Cha to be that mole in the BH and i sooooooo do not want him to be too hahaha! but that recording Sec Jeong just heard could put a damper on their ongoing romance i'm sorry to say hahaha

Could there be a reason why the Mins of Def revoked Gen Lee's security clearance? To me Gen Lee was rather suspicious at the beginning when he pushed for Defcon 2 in the case of the NK submarine and calling his man to be on standby to strike without permission from PMJ. I think he acts rather rashly when it comes to NK, that could be the reason his security clearance was revoked. 

Sometimes a person believes can be quiet dangerous. I find OYS calm and clean cut demeanor rather eerie especially how he settled easily and quickly after the bombing mind you he was the victim. His talk about a New Korea is just frightening. 

The title for ep11 is Acting President OYS? if i'm not mistaken someone mentioned that they had planned it so that OYS couldn't run for president because he needs to resign withing 10 days. Now is it not dangerous if he is acting president. Remember PMJ had made adjustment to the security level so that if OYS is made Min of Def he will not be able to gain access to the confidential info at will. But an acting President will be able to. 

Okay, some questions.

I don't think that person they brought in on the gurney with the face covered is PMJ. Why cover his face?

I think they cover his face so that people don't take out their phones and video it as RoSK's internet is fast and they have free wifi!!!

Was Agent Han able to rescue Han Mo's son? 

I'm not sure but I don't think she was able to otherwise the sniper will have been arrested too. But I hope they tipped off the police anonymously and this happened offscreen.

My answers in blue. :)

• Like 11

There is one thing that has been bothering me in the last episode. How could the wife call HNG on her cellphone, since she had a new cellphone? I mean, their first contact was not through the phone. HNG followed the colleague's wife. 

• Like 11

Hi @triplemI am just guessing haha due to the no of Eps we have left, dont shoot me :D

But seriously guys, looking at the trailer, Yangi pointed out that Cha seems to running towards this guy who is motionless:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

There is one thing that has been bothering me in the last episode. How could the wife call HNG on her cellphone, since she had a new cellphone? I mean, their first contact was not through the phone. HNG followed the colleague's wife. 

Now I'm stumped too with that question but maybe she accessed her husband HanMeong cloud back up to get HNG phone number. Maybe he has another phone hidden at home which the authorities could not locate! Okay I'll leave it at that.:)

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

36 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

But seriously guys, looking at the trailer, Yangi pointed out that Cha seems to running towards this guy who is motionless:

Yeah on watching the trailer again, it looked like neither OYS nor PMJ got hurt. OYS looked shocked and PMJ's expression didn't seem like he his hurt. It's more like OYS pulled PMJ down so that he doesn't get shot. Instead now I feel the guy sitting behind on the chair has died.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3