[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

My thoughts exactly! Also OYS eyes was not glazed enough when he tried to hold Park Dae!  He looked as if something unbelievable happened. I feel he did not even know that Park Dae was going to be taken down. The mastermind is the mastermind for a reason after all I guess, lol! He don't want OYS credibility be questioned. IS OYS still following orders like when he was in the military/navy without questioning the mastermind!!

What fo you mean by glazing?and yes, it looks like he wasnt informed about it. Was he the one that pushes Park Dae down? And it makes sense its Park Dae as his face is covered for anonymity.

OYS def wasnt informed of this. And this goes to the question of why. Someone must knew Park is not the idiot they assumed and must eliminate him before suspicion arosw, but such move are lil desperate from mastermind.

Spoiler

I feel that scene at the end of the preview shows Park Dae covered with a black cloth and carried to the hospital heavily guarded. I can't think of any other personnel being brought to the hospital and the hospital going on full alert like this unless it's a major disastrous event! if it was OYS it won't be that much heavily guarded. This is my humble opinion.

Somehow Park Dae will have to step down due to something major but then he can announce he is running for presidency after recuperating!! So Acting President OYS will be checkmated!!! And Yun depuyonim will be amazed and coughing!!!

This. There is no way Oh will be covered by a coat on his face. My guess is that Park"s only chess move is to resign, forcing Oh to be President due to he has the higher rank after him

Spoiler

PS: I hope Ch.Sec. Cha's office romance don't get awkward or get dashed to the ground. I hope when all is said and done they show that they go on that chicken beer date!!

Me too. Both of their chemistry is crazy. Have you guys seen this? (Ps naver has full vers)

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

What fo you mean by glazing?and yes, it looks like he wasnt informed about it. Was he the one that pushes Park Dae down? And it makes sense its Park Dae as his face is covered for anonymity.

OYS def wasnt informed of this. And this goes to the question of why. Someone must knew Park is not the idiot they assumed and must eliminate him before suspicion arosw, but such move are lil desperate from mastermind.

You know when you go to the fish market and see the eyes of fish. Also maybe I've watched too many CSI dramas lol

also this

Spoiler

glaze   verb [ I/T ]
us /ɡleɪz/
to cover an object, as a food, with a liquid that shines when it dries:
[ T ] The cake was glazed with raspberry syrup.
When someone’s eyes glaze over, they become fixed and shiny, as if the person is not seeing anything:
[ I ] By the fourth act of the opera, his eyes had glazed over (= he became bored).

I guess the mastermind have gone a bit stir crazy coz he can't put Park Dae down easily.

I want to see Agent HNG next move after she get arrested by the security guards!!! This is the first time I'm wishing Monday come sooner and week end be sped up!! lol

Although I'm raving about Cha Young Jin and by extension SSK, I also think LJH is giving a beautifully nuanced performance. He's naturally very charismatic anyway but there's something about his OYS that's deeply enigmatic. It doesn't help too that he says very little and what he does say is often quite cryptic. I can't help feeling that even though he seems to be in league with key conspirators that he's not entirely on board with everything. The way LJH plays him, it's as if he has his own agenda. This is why I still think there's a possibility he's a mole or double agent. Nobody has to agree with me of course. ;)Just one of my happy delusions. A scene that leads me to question any kind certainty regarding OYS' complete culpability is the one before his investiture (here we call it a "swearing in" ) where his former subordinates salute him and tells him to forge a new Korea for them. He seems almost sad.

But he is definitely a hard guy to read. What is interesting though is that with experienced political operators, his shields are up and his manner of speaking is tinged with irony. However occasionally especially when he's with PMJ, there's an odd ring of sincerity.

It's clear from the scene in the tailor's shop and the shooting though that he isn't privy to everything that the big wigs are up to. He's certainly not the puppet master.  It makes sense if the conspiracy operates on a "need-to-know" basis".

I guess I'm one of those few who don't really think Sec Han is the mastermind. It is possible that he is a member of the conspiracy but as the overlord, no. It would I suspect have to be someone with pots and pots of money. Even now, I'm still not sure if he's involved at all although he has the means and the opportunity.

57 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Although I'm raving about Cha Young Jin and by extension SSK, I also think LJH is giving a beautifully nuanced performance. He's naturally very charismatic anyway but there's something about his OYS that's deeply enigmatic. It doesn't help too that he says very little and what he does say is often quite cryptic. I can't help feeling that even though he seems to be in league with key conspirators that he's not entirely on board with everything. The way LJH plays him, it's as if he has his own agenda. This is why I still think there's a possibility he's a mole or double agent. Nobody has to agree with me of course. ;)Just one of my happy delusions. A scene that leads me to question any kind certainty regarding OYS' complete culpability is the one before his investiture (here we call it a "swearing in" ) where his former subordinates salute him and tells him to forge a new Korea for them. He seems almost sad.

But he is definitely a hard guy to read. What is interesting though is that with experienced political operators, his shields are up and his manner of speaking is tinged with irony. However occasionally especially when he's with PMJ, there's an odd ring of sincerity.

It's clear from the scene in the tailor's shop and the shooting though that he isn't privy to everything that the big wigs are up to. He's certainly not the puppet master.  It makes sense if the conspiracy operates on a "need-to-know" basis".

I guess I'm one of those few who don't really think Sec Han is the mastermind. It is possible that he is a member of the conspiracy but as the overlord, no. It would I suspect have to be someone with pots and pots of money. Even now, I'm still not sure if he's involved at all although he has the means and the opportunity.

I do agree with you about Han not being the mastermind. All his mourning scenes for late president felt so real, I can't help but feel he really loved pre Yang, and even if he was against his politics and wanted to change it, he would've done it in any other way than killing the president. but than again he is a very mysterious man, my all theories about him could be wrong.

about OYS, yes he is certainly hard to read. one thing for sure, he loves his country, or more he loves the people of his country but hated the politics. His means are wrong, but not his intentions, and I won't be really surprised if he joined hands with PMJ later on (just like you said a double agent), once he finds the real intentions of the VIP is not wha he is dreaming for.

I transcribed the subs for EP11 trailer via chinese subs. 

https://twitter.com/Joansallen/status/1156497317567926272?s=19

Edit: I expect such scenes to occur. What else could make that fabled chimaek epic? And yes @angelbeast90 thank you for clarifying. I amnot sure whether Oh who is willing to kill a bunch of innocent victims to achieve his goal will feel more than shock about not informed about the attempted assasination.

I think Han if he is part of the group, he could be a right hand man of the vip. As you mentioned, he doesnt have loads of money although he is well off.

Looks like everyone here doesn't think or do not want Sec Cha to be that mole in the BH and i sooooooo do not want him to be too hahaha! but that recording Sec Jeong just heard could put a damper on their ongoing romance i'm sorry to say hahaha

Could there be a reason why the Mins of Def revoked Gen Lee's security clearance? To me Gen Lee was rather suspicious at the beginning when he pushed for Defcon 2 in the case of the NK submarine and calling his man to be on standby to strike without permission from PMJ. I think he acts rather rashly when it comes to NK, that could be the reason his security clearance was revoked. 

2 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

about OYS, yes he is certainly hard to read. one thing for sure, he loves his country, or more he loves the people of his country but hated the politics.

Sometimes a person believes can be quiet dangerous. I find OYS calm and clean cut demeanor rather eerie especially how he settled easily and quickly after the bombing mind you he was the victim. His talk about a New Korea is just frightening. 

The title for ep11 is Acting President OYS? if i'm not mistaken someone mentioned that they had planned it so that OYS couldn't run for president because he needs to resign withing 10 days. Now is it not dangerous if he is acting president. Remember PMJ had made adjustment to the security level so that if OYS is made Min of Def he will not be able to gain access to the confidential info at will. But an acting President will be able to. 

Okay, some questions.

I don't think that person they brought in on the gurney with the face covered is PMJ. Why cover his face?

Was Agent Han able to rescue Han Mo's son? 

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

don't think that person they brought in on the gurney with the face covered is PMJ. Why cover his face?

That stumped me too.  From a medical point of view, err...gunshot victim...why would you make it harder for him to breathe :lol:?  But hey I will let it slide.

I am with @40somethingahjumma and @triplem with the duality of OYS.  He’s faithful to the cause but I think he actually respects PMJ and some of the others.  He’s admires their bravery or their focus but he still sticks to the Mission plan like a good soldier does.  I think that’s why sometimes he seems to be of 2 minds.  PMJ functions so outside the political box that he can’t help but win his respect.  And because OYS is not the VIP, he’s not totally in tune with everything that’s going to happen either.  Which is why I think he looked so stunned at PMJ being taken down?  He probably didn’t know it was going to happen?  Or was he the intended target and he was stunned that the sniper took out PMJ instead?  So actually he may yet turn and swap sides if his loyalties waver from what unfolds.

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

Looks like everyone here doesn't think or do not want Sec Cha to be that mole in the BH and i sooooooo do not want him to be too hahaha! but that recording Sec Jeong just heard could put a damper on their ongoing romance i'm sorry to say hahaha

Could there be a reason why the Mins of Def revoked Gen Lee's security clearance? To me Gen Lee was rather suspicious at the beginning when he pushed for Defcon 2 in the case of the NK submarine and calling his man to be on standby to strike without permission from PMJ. I think he acts rather rashly when it comes to NK, that could be the reason his security clearance was revoked. 

Sometimes a person believes can be quiet dangerous. I find OYS calm and clean cut demeanor rather eerie especially how he settled easily and quickly after the bombing mind you he was the victim. His talk about a New Korea is just frightening. 

The title for ep11 is Acting President OYS? if i'm not mistaken someone mentioned that they had planned it so that OYS couldn't run for president because he needs to resign withing 10 days. Now is it not dangerous if he is acting president. Remember PMJ had made adjustment to the security level so that if OYS is made Min of Def he will not be able to gain access to the confidential info at will. But an acting President will be able to. 

Okay, some questions.

I don't think that person they brought in on the gurney with the face covered is PMJ. Why cover his face?

I think they cover his face so that people don't take out their phones and video it as RoSK's internet is fast and they have free wifi!!!

Was Agent Han able to rescue Han Mo's son? 

I'm not sure but I don't think she was able to otherwise the sniper will have been arrested too. But I hope they tipped off the police anonymously and this happened offscreen.

My answers in blue. :)

There is one thing that has been bothering me in the last episode. How could the wife call HNG on her cellphone, since she had a new cellphone? I mean, their first contact was not through the phone. HNG followed the colleague's wife. 

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

There is one thing that has been bothering me in the last episode. How could the wife call HNG on her cellphone, since she had a new cellphone? I mean, their first contact was not through the phone. HNG followed the colleague's wife. 

Now I'm stumped too with that question but maybe she accessed her husband HanMeong cloud back up to get HNG phone number. Maybe he has another phone hidden at home which the authorities could not locate! Okay I'll leave it at that.:)

36 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

But seriously guys, looking at the trailer, Yangi pointed out that Cha seems to running towards this guy who is motionless:

Yeah on watching the trailer again, it looked like neither OYS nor PMJ got hurt. OYS looked shocked and PMJ's expression didn't seem like he his hurt. It's more like OYS pulled PMJ down so that he doesn't get shot. Instead now I feel the guy sitting behind on the chair has died.

There is actually no doubt now that the political advisor Han is part of the conspiracy. Since he had written the file number in his agenda, he knew the content about the file. In my opinion, Han must have been the one who asked CYJ to call the ministry of national defense in order to revoke LGM's clearance. Remember that they shared the same office. 

If we look back at Han's actions from the start, we can see that Han's decisions played a huge part in the conspiracy.

1. We heard that Han was the one who selected PMJ as minister for Environment.
  2. He is also the one who sent PMJ to the FTE negociations as he knew PMJ wouldn't be able to handle the meeting. From the start, Han knew that PMJ was no politician... he saw in him the perfect puppet. Somehow, he predicted that PMJ would be fired or would resign due to the negotiations with US delegation.
  3. We also heard from OYS that PMJ is part of the bombing. These words are quite important because it reveals that the mastermind had already planned to have two survivors: OYS and PMJ. PMJ would be used as a puppet during the 60 days. Remember Han's words: PMJ is no politician. Notice how PMJ was treated by Han in the beginning (episode 2). PMJ should just be a puppet and close his mouth.

But the problem started, when PMJ acted differently from what Han had expected. Yet, the more time passed on, the more popular PMJ got so that the lower are the chances that OYS can succeed. Han never imagined that PMJ would be able to figure out about the real situation with the North Korean submarine. We heard from Han twice that he doesn't support PMJ as presidential candidate. And all these leaks are no coincidence: they were all targeting PMJ in order to undermine his presidency. If he encountered terrible situations and wasn't able to face these troubles, he would become unpopular. All this was to ensure that PMJ has no desire to become the next president. The more pressure he got, they expected that PMJ would crumble.

And this is important: PMJ as presidential candidate represents a thread to their conspiracy. Since CYJ has put all his efforts in PMJ, to me there is no doubt that he doesn't belong to the conspiracy. Han was clever because by making CYJ suspicious, he can gain some time and it makes it more possible that OYS could get elected. That's why the mastermind decided to change the plan: kill or injure PMJ so that he wouldn't be able to act as Acting president. Furthermore, there are only 10 days left before the deadline (announcing his candidacy).

Han accepted to come back because PMJ was able to succeed in each challenge he encountered. I am also wondering if there is not another mole in the Blue House close to PMJ. As for the mastermind, the VIP, this person could be someone close to weapons industry, like the CEO of a famous arms industry company. He would have benefited the most after the bombing... Imagine if PMJ had followed Han's instructions and acted like a puppet... 

Let us not forget that Hitler was supported by rich industrialists (especially Foreign weapons companies and banks). They were looking for a profit. They knew that Hitler had planned a war. In my opinion, this could be the same here. @40somethingahjumma imagined that OYS could be a double agent, yet I have my doubts about it due to his speech at the funeral. All his thoughts were focusing on the nation ("incompetent nation"; " a coward government" and "an unfortunate nation") and not on the people. He wants a strong country which reminds me definitely of Hitler's speeches. Besides, what caught my attention were the words from one of the generals: "A fearless soldier is the most dangerous". Even this general said that no one should get used to the loss of soldiers and people.... but OYS showed no empathy and sadness in that room. To me, OYS has no problem to have people killed so that his dream can be achieved. For him, people have to be sacrificed in order to change the nation. His comrades acted like brainwashed followers.

Sorry, if I keep mentioning Hitler but the latter had decided to change the regime legally and in my opinion, this is the real motive behind the bombing. The mastermind wanted to turn OYS into a hero and become so popular so that he would win the presidential election. Without the bombing, OYS would have never had the chance...  OYS would win legally the election and after that, he would change the regime. Don't forget that OYS has a military background... this is the reason why he hates politicians (Just like Hitler by the way).

@triplem I was able to catch up... great drama.    

2 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

She works so hard! Wow!

now that she isn't in the agency (her character) and she has gone through crazy trauma i feel like kang hanna is finally bringing life to her character!

edit to add: omg wait this means she does her own stunts????? COOL. i loved that scene. 

i will read the other replies but a user posted ji jin hee's IG and i started to go through it....you can tell his age for sure. he uses TERRIBLE filters. it's cute. hahahah i'm glad the cast was at his house to watch *_*

ep 10 was awesome. packed of action. This episode confirmed my suspicious about Han. In my mind he is part of this conspiracy. 

And the person who got shot is president park.  I can't see that it would be someone else. 

I actually think that OYS didn't know that the shooting would happen or if he did he's totally unreadable. He is part of this conspiracy but does he know everything or does he even know who is the v.i.p.? I doubt it. 

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I thought that was a bit weird too... my thinking was that the scene before where HanMo (whilst in custody) requested to talk to his family was the moment he told his wife  to try to get a hold of HNG and he passed on her details.  But personally I think that’s an oversight in the story.  I mean if you’re on the run, you wouldn’t be using your normal mobile or number?  It could be tracked easily?  You would be out of contact like JunO, calling from public phones etc.  I don’t know. I wasn’t following that too subplot closely.  :lol:

@angelbeast90

Is this like Yin and Yang? 

I saw that too :D.  Clever PD. Subliminal message.

@pompyavi

Yeah on watching the trailer again, it looked like neither OYS nor PMJ got hurt. OYS looked shocked and PMJ's expression didn't seem like he his hurt. It's more like OYS pulled PMJ down so that he doesn't get shot. Instead now I feel the guy sitting behind on the chair has died.

If it was just some other random guy the scene where they get to the hospital with the gurney doesn’t make sense.  So many security Guards?  I think it’s more likely PMJ.  But wait...were there 2 shots?  He misfired his first shot because HNG distracted him by firing into the window/at his rifle?  There was a second shot?  So maybe the first one hit the guy slumped in the chair and the second hit PMJ?  I can’t remember.

EDIT - yeah looks like there were potentially 2 shots.  First shot he unloads as she shoots into the window distracting him, she gets taken down by security and TaeIk curses, reloads and then another shot(?) before the screen blacks out.

@disembody

a user posted ji jin hee's IG and i started to go through it....you can tell his age for surehe uses TERRIBLE filters. it's cute.

I guess I would be in the same boat.  Showing my age.  Don’t use filters at all. :lol:.  Actually he should know better coz he has a degree in Visual Design and worked as a photographer before he was scouted.  He probably just couldn’t be bothered. 

i have a feeling the shooting is not in their original plan but it is rather a plan B when they learned that PMJ has somehow revoke the security level of Minister of Def. So they need to put down the acting president to let OYS rise. 

Archived