[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

10 minutes ago, sn2111a said:

In the end, Si Wan figured out on his own and at least he didnt create a fuss and understood where they were coming from. Esp the part when PMJ said he won't ever let him have that kind of father even for a day ;_; Figured that his real father wasnt a good person and his true dad is PMJ.

I actually really love how these weren't elaborated with details, it was all implied, even the romance cuz hello!! we have around 40 days and 7 eps left!!!!

Yes I understand that and love the resolution to that part.

I was bringing this up coz Park Dae and his wife still have differing views even to this day it seems. I hope it don't create more problems in the future before they get to talk it out. She had to get a request to meet him in the middle of the day why did she not just call him.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://twitter.com/flxmsydreams/status/1156090836116918272?s=20

https://twitter.com/joojon516/status/1156062991290290176?s=20

----------------------------------------------

I loved this scene very much. She said the soup is very salty !!! lol

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1156078736476819456?s=20

-----------------------------

http https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1156083950382530561?s=20

@triplem yeah she was already divorced when she met PMJ.  So no scandal.  He stays the lovely Atticus Finch like character that he is.  Hubby number 1 was a nasty wife beater which explained why SiWan didn’t warm to adult male figures from the start (he witnessed it as a toddler). :tears:

Loved how he went straight from Let’s Have a Meal to It’s a Date, meaning he didn’t care that she was a single mum.  :wub: 

Ep 9 was a bit too slow for me as not much about the political issue is being shown. The whole episode is centralized around Si Wan's birth secret and i am glad they settle it in this episode so this issue will not be prolong in other episodes. 

I like the way PMJ protect Si Wan and for the first time I saw him firm about his decision and did not waver. Family is important to him  and he will not let his family being trap in the middle of the dirty political scene. 

I also like he actually falls for a divorcee and not the typical cliche he married her because she is pregnant without a husband etc etc... It is more realistic. 

I hope in ep 10 onwards, we can get back to the main issue. Who is the culprit and mastermind behind the bombing and what is the main reason they killed the whole National Assembly. And is it true PMJ is accidentally become the acting president or it has been plan all along. 

47 minutes ago, triplem said:

So is there something we should note from this ugly statue / carving that OYS stands next to...the paintings , these statutes, meetings at a tailoring shop - all somehow seem very symbolic , no?

It’s a gargoyle (the statue).  Yes symbolic because you would think that something so ugly would be “evil”, but paradoxically they have been used in centuries atop churches to “ward off evil spirits”.  Although architecturally they act as grotesque water spouts (taking water away from the roof of Churches).  Anyway, no-one can really decide whether they are meant for good or evil?  I think that’s the intent.  OYS is this mysterious character who you can never quite tell whether is good or evil.  Or maybe he is both depending on how to perceive him.

I think the painting is in a similar vein.  It’s so lurid and it seems to portray destruction yet in the background there are buildings.  Seeming to imply that you need to destroy the old to make way for the new?  That you have to have a fire before a Phoenix can be reborn from the ashes?  Sacrifices need to be made to pave the way for a new world.

Tailoring requires you to cut into perfectly fine whole pieces of fabric into shapes to refashion a new piece of clothing.  Cutting before refashioning.

Dichotomous yet opposite sides of the same coin.  Evil/Good.  Cutting/Refashioning.  Destruction/Renewal.

12 hours ago, disembody said:

i am confused about the whistleblower. so the man who gave her (reporter) info was choe's ex. got it. but what did the whistleblower do? or was this like a double whammy. whistleblower releases info about the other men who were guilty and either a) lies about what he has on pmj or he knows but that isn't relevant or b) works with her ex? second seems more plausible.

yeah, i'm confused too about this whistle blower part.

1. At first Sec Cha was talking to Chief Ahn about a worker who was sent to verify PMJ HR documents but they died in the bombing. Is Chief Ahn talking about JunO?

2. Then PMJ asked the chief of Security if they had found the whistleblower and he said there is more important things to take care of. He said they had track the IP Address, and found the whistleblower.  The whislteblower had used the scandal as a bait to meet with PMJ. We all know at the end of the ep that he was JunO. I find chief Ahn suspicious especially after OYS said to his tailor 'what if PMJ found that he was part of the bombing'. Is OYS suggesting that PMJ is trying to stop NIS guy from verifying his HR documents re: his scandal? and Chief Ahn seems to put the idea in Sec Cha head?

Lol! I got more confused with the whistle blower part. I thought Juno , the ex and whistle blower was the same person! But no Juno is more younger. I had to rewind and watch but still a confused. But I think Juno came to the Assembly to warn President Yang Jinman but he was too late and somehow survived the bombing! But how did he get out of the crumbling building leaving his phone behind!

Also I feel Chief Ahn is talking about Juno but they don't know they are talking about Juno so they want to figure who it was coz Juno has confused the system of paper trail! any leads that would lead to him.

-----------------

Earlier at the truck of doom fight scene why did Juno  look into the cctv camera as if he wanted to reveal his face to Agent HNG! Feels like he knows she will figure out who saved her.

PS : But today I wish I had a live link to watch this show but the obvious one don't work!!!!

Whistleblower is JunO.  Everyone thought he had died in the bombing.  He was the one the NIS sent in to vet PMJ’s files before he was inducted as Minister of Environment.  So he knew about SiWan’s parentage.  He was the one who leaked the info to the press about the scandal.  The female reporter’s source was not JunO.  He wanted them to trace him so he could have that meeting with PMJ at the end. Remember how PMJ’s wife’s ex was wanting to extort money from her because of her newfound status?  He sent her the pic and he was threatening to expose her to the Press (conveniently around the same time).  He was going to do an exclusive with that female reporter on live TV.  She gave up on that exclusive in exchange for an exclusive with PMJ when he announces his decision to run for candidacy.  That’s why the female reporter said she didn’t know anything about the whistleblower.  Her source was the ex Husband.

Guess my biggest question is did JunO just go rogue with the info he uncovered?  Faked his death to get people off his scent?  Was he instructed by someone else?  He was about to head to expose the terror cell but something happened.  His phone was found at the bomb site but he wasn’t?

good that Siwan parentage was handled quickly. ep 9 was little slow but lot things still happened. 

It was sweet how we found out how park and his wife fell in love. 

13 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Guess my biggest question is did JunO just go rogue with the info he uncovered?  Faked his death to get people off his scent?  Was he instructed by someone else?  He was about to head to expose the terror cell but something happened.  His phone was found at the bomb site but he wasn’t?

I think he doesn't know who to trust. Who's in it with the bombing? SO I think he has tried to figure things out. Maybe he had lucky escape with the bombing and he actually wasn't in the building when the bombing happened. And the he just planted his phone.

I totally hate when people takes children for ransom or this case so HAnmo would lie about killing the north korean dude. I'm totally scared that the kid will end up dead.

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Loved how he went straight from Let’s Have a Meal to It’s a Date, meaning he didn’t care that she was a single mum.

but i wouldn't give him credit for the way he proposed to her. It was in the hospital where SW was admitted for cut on his head. PMJ took the ring case from his coat pocket and handed it to her. He said something like he promise to not let SW get hurt again. Nothing like "i love you bla bla bla. Hahaha such a nerd!

10 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

Also I read somewhere else that it was a bad choice for the mother to blatantly lie to her son. I understand that it was a hard choice for her to make. But the thing is Park Myungjae and his wife have different views on what to do right. This was even more highlighted in the flash back scene when she confronted him about the case regarding Naseong Electronics and the workers health getting effected because of the chemicals in the semiconductors. I wonder if the master mind will use this knowledge against the united front they have now.

i think that no matter what they will stick together. their clashing ideals are more about the ends justifying the means but never hurting people in the way (i.e. she wanted these people to get the money they deserved and settle the case but he couldn't let her do it that way bc it was a lie. ultimately it would hurt her. i would do the same thing she did tbh but the first lie you tell can only unravel into more)

it was a bad parenting choice. maybe they will go back to that and the both of them will apologize. they are good parents, they love each other, the world, and their kids. but "have i ever lied to you?" which they both said puts him in such a difficult position. his father is an abuser but at the same time he deserves to know and to not be told he's crazy. he does know now but i do think that was a mistake. it may not be touched upon again and at least he knows now. they are good parents and people and sometimes people make mistakes. it's ok, as long as they move forward.

I am a cynic IRL when it comes to politics. While I don't doubt that many politicians start off their careers wanting to better the world they live in, there are equally as many who come into this for power and money. And along the way , even the good guys have skeletons of their own or find that they will need to play dirty to make it . So for me, it is always about choosing the lesser evil. But in this drama ,it is like an alternate universe has been birthed thanks to the bombing. It is as if SK's political landscape has been wiped cleaned and it is possible to start the country on a clean slate. In normal circumstances , a man like PMJ would be hung to dry even before he can even make it as an Assemblyman , what more the President. Those who have watched Chief of Staff will know what I mean. But here PMJ with his high approval ratings and the support of a very capable team ( especially Cha) can make that impossible dream come true.

no one is perfect. we need to hammer home the fact that people make mistakes and it is okay. i think a big part of this, as someone who looks into activism work, is that it is nonsensical. a lot of times we have to do things with allies to propel our people but those allies must be challenged. you're correct in that this is a blank slate. this is an almost impossible way to be (very morally upstanding via politics) but i think there are two things:

1. it's crazy how we think ethics and basic human rights are up for discussion. that the people you govern are pawns in a game as opposed to people affected by policy. it is crazy how we look at people like pmj and see him as an anomaly

2. we can demand more as constituents. what happens if the lesser of two evils is not good enough? there's always going to be a dip in someone's work. we have had great leaders who have forgotten their main goal and have compromised and disappointed constituents BUT good work outdoes bad work. 

from the standpoint of a pretty radical person, an artist, and someone who wants to join in activist work this show presents something really interesting but also a quandary. i'm not super intelligent so i will not go into politics (i have no lust for that type of power anyway) but there are people who believe the system can be changed from within. that's fine. when you get into that position you must force it. mistakes do not equate to evil and wanting power for good can change a world. 

we realize that the lesser evil is truly not good enough as the world develops. of course compromises must be made. decisions we don't want made. but really the takeaway is giving tools to people to live their fullest lives and not having to choose between one life or another simply because of social constructs and money.

the premise of the show is really effective in that way. this world is so beyond fictional but WHY does it have to be. they mentioned in the first ep what happened after 9/11 and that is still one of the saddest things in US history (the aftermath. the war)

anyway on to ep 10! i enjoy the show loads. it's fun and nice and powerful and everyone is good looking. i may ask more questions when im done x___x

8 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

but i wouldn't give him credit for the way he proposed to her. It was in the hospital where SW was admitted for cut on his head. PMJ took the ring case from his coat pocket and handed it to her. He said something like he promise to not let SW get hurt again. Nothing like "i love you bla bla bla. Hahaha such a nerd!

But I actually liked the proposal. :lol:  It’s all about evidence and proof.  Talk is cheap.  Not verifiable unless the facts back it up.  He’s proven his worth by babysitting, going above and beyond in fact by Asian standards.  Which Korean man does that?  Giving me all the Terius feels :wub:  

She stated her case from the start.  She’s a single mom.  There’s a stigma attached.  So she’s very careful about dining one on one with another man.  She’s not looking for a casual date here and there, she’s looking for a potential Father for her Son.  Reality check.  When you have a baby/young child in a relationship, all the bells and whistles in a relationship are few and far between.  It’s hard from the get go.  You have to work around a child’s needs, their bed times.  There’s already a third party in the relationship.  You hit the ground running, much like how PMJ was thrust into the Acting President role.  So I really liked the proposal.  It’s grounded in reality.  He was already behaving like SiWan’s dad, he just had to make it official by marrying her.  I like that their bond leaves little unsaid (in action) because there’s already this deep understanding and trust.  You don’t need to state the obvious, he loved her, the proof was in the pudding. His promise to her was not “I will love you till the day I die”, it came from a place she needed to hear it from, a promise that he would never hurt SiWan.  When you think about it, it’s terribly romantic because it wasn’t cliche, it was unique to her situation.  He saw her deepest need and met her there. :wub:

@sn2111a

the title of episode 11 is The Acting President Oh Yeong Seok

O I might’ve guessed right then about how they were going to unseat OYS.  Remember how Advisor Han mentioned that Presidential candidates have to be free from being Acting President 30days prior to the Election?  If by some fluke, PMJ is unseated and OYS steps up, if that deadline is crossed, OYS can no longer run in this round as Presidential candidate but PMJ can.

Archived