Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

Posted (edited)

Waiting for Netflix to upload but some cuts I got online . Used Papago translator 

So it seems that OYS is clearly drawing the line that he refuses to be Yun’s poster boy 

He definitely did not mince his words :

Where was the CEO? ( I think it should be assemblywoman)!
What were you doing when my comrades and I were shot to death by a heavy operation at the command center and suffered from death and blindness in the world? You were a member of the National Defense Commission.

But you never showed up when we asked for help.
Not once... you've never been a non-mainstream figure in this country. ( I think it should be that her party was the ruling party before ) So there is no place for you in the country where I want to live!

————-

Agent Han’s boss is shocked to see OYS in PMJ’s office . So finally the NiS is reporting to PMJ face to face.. but the NiS boss must find this awkward especially after all the suspicions raised by Han . 

Omo! I think OYS will officially accept to be the Prime Minister ( which is like the Vice President in the SK) . Will need subs to confirm this - edit - sorry I think it’s the minister of national defense according to this Twitter 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The press is excited & the assembly warmly welcomes OYS as Cha & PMJ looks on from above . I want to know what Cha is saying here - what’s his perception of OYS & this move that PMJ is making 

Agent Han interrogates the NK guy , she says that SK isn’t a country that can be brought down by terrorism according to Twitter translations  . She’s quite cool here 

Preview. OYS gets sworn in & Agent Han is injured in a car accident..someone’s out to get her 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

@triplem Thanks for updates :)

So here is the thing about OYS 1. Either he's part of the plan. 2. He knew of the plan. 3 hew knew and was trying to stop.

He went to opposition leader Yun to see but he's not willing to be used by her. He's a first term assembleyman. The youngest one elected. He knows  the politics works. I'd say he  more how the systems goes more than PMJ.  He's decorative  soldier, he fought and been wounded, he serve his country. He's a survivor.  He knows what he needs to do to achieve what he wants. He has ambitions.

If he accepts the of PMJ, it signals to me that he can  defnitley get more milieage alining himself with PM rather than Yun.. who's very ambitious tooo for that power. After 60 days,  they will have to elect a President, correct?  PMJ said he will step down as acting President and go back to being in the civilian life as professor. I think  he will be embroiled in personal or national controvery.  OYS will either take  that as an oppotunity for himself.

But OYS still ambiguous. There seems to be a desire for him to do something big. To avenge or to take revenge? There's got to be back story. Now I've never seen the US TV show so I don't know what the strory is all abouu.

I'm curious as to who called Agent Kang in front of her house using the payphone and even gave a tip.  Is the person an enemy of OYS? A military buddy, perhaps? Trying to frame him? Perhaps there was a plan but it was found out?

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

@triplemFrom the sub:

Cha: "I was wrong, sir. Mr. President won without making any enemies."
Han" I guess so."
Cha" I think I've found him. The winner. The one who knows how to win. This is the first item on the decision making."
Judge" We will now begin the hearing regarding the candidates."
PMJ: "We're finally out of the woods."
Cha" But such controversies regarding the acting president will continue. There is one way to quell it."
PMJ" And what is it?"
Cha" You can be elected under the democratic legitimacy. You don't have to act on behalf of the president.You can act on behalf of the people."
PMJ" What do you mean? "

Cha"Will you run for presidency?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

@jongski

I'm curious as to who called Agent Kang in front of her house using the payphone and even gave a tip.  Is the person an enemy of OYS? A military buddy, perhaps? Trying to frame him? Perhaps there was a plan but it was found ou

I am thinking perhaps her boyfriend is alive and on the run.  Who else will knew her habits the best?

And boy, does PMJ learns a lot on the fly? When he said " I will use political maneuver" to his secretary I cheered. Even his aides didnt expect that. When Secretary Cha realises what he has done his eyes lit up, like a cross between finding a potential treasure and a dog founding his favourite master. I couldnt help but laugh at his talk with PMJ.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, jenappelle said:

I am thinking perhaps her boyfriend is alive and on the run.  Who else will knew her habits the best?

Yeah I think so too. Maybe he’s working under cover?

• Like 11

omg, when i heard the title i'm like wait.. there's a korean version, i got excited and watched the first part.  It did not disappoint me at all.  I mean i know what's going to happen already since i seen the USA one ( well at least season 1 and half of season two), i'm just pieces the character together. LOL.  Both series are on point from each other and the casts are amazing.  Still a very good episode one for Korea. 

I was hopping this one ended already so i can binge watch it but turns out it's only like episode 7 in. LOL.  I just love this type of series, so i can't wait to watch on.  Glad Korean made their version and the cast did not disappoint.

• Like 10

Can anyone help me with the full title of the opening theme? The one that is played during the climax of each episode? There is a snippet on Youtube with no title/artist information. 

• Like 2

OYS is accepting the role of Defense Minister.

Cha mentioned that it is not due to his lack of ambition when he rejected the role of Prime Minister, it is rather he understand the mindset of the voters, so he chose to reject the offer. Furthermore, he could use his expertise if he is a Defense Minister.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, yoondonggu said:

Can anyone help me with the full title of the opening theme? The one that is played during the climax of each episode? There is a snippet on Youtube with no title/artist information. 

Is it the OST?  :huh:  Sorry can’t read Korean so no idea if this article is relevant or not.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000748872

Wiki has on its page “My Hope” Cha YeoWoo in Original Soundtrack section.  Found this on YouTube (it’s beautiful) :wub:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Is it the OST?  :huh:  Sorry can’t read Korean so no idea if this article is relevant or not.

unfortunately, it's not the 2 OSTs that are already out...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Cha mentioned that it is not due to his lack of ambition when he rejected the role of Prime Minister, it is rather he understand the mindset of the voters, so he chose to reject the offer. Furthermore, he could use his expertise if he is a Defense Minister.

The role of PM is more focus on administration but as Defense Minister OYS will be responsible for all the military branches of SK.

Seeing the wounds on his body OYS may have suffered badly probably tortured too and his comrades perished during the conflict with NK at Baengyeong. My thinking is if OYS's is planning a revenge against NK being the head of Defense will be his priority. 

Some thoughts on ep7. I thought NIS's security  was rather lax. They went to the trouble to bring MHJ back and even lost a man but his detention site was compromised. But that was necessary for whats to follow.

I like the way PMJ dealt with Chief Ahn and Mayor Kang. He uses Chief Ahn to counter Mayor Kang and at the same time YCK at the same time, even Sec Cha didn;t expect it.

Waiting for ep8

• Like 10
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

The role of PM is more focus on administration but as Defense Minister OYS will be responsible for all the military branches of SK.

Seeing the wounds on his body OYS may have suffered badly probably tortured too and his comrades perished during the conflict with NK at Baengyeong. My thinking is if OYS's is planning a revenge against NK being the head of Defense will be his priority. 

Some thoughts on ep7. I thought NIS's security  was rather lax. They went to the trouble to bring MHJ back and even lost a man but his detention site was compromised. But that was necessary for whats to follow.

I like the way PMJ dealt with Chief Ahn and Mayor Kang. He uses Chief Ahn to counter Mayor Kang and at the same time YCK at the same time, even Sec Cha didn;t expect it.

Waiting for ep8

I thought if taking out OYS from the equation its both good and bad that PMJ asks the NIS agent to report directly. Sometimes I keep forgetting the BH team know so little compared to HNK and her superior.

Love that move from PMJ thats very smooth from him. He has his own unique ideas to achieve stuff, even if he may be an outsider to politics.

Edit:I used to thought that OYS wants power for his own, but the scene with Yun mades me think that revenge is part of the equation.

• Like 10

The Mayor of Seoul makes me break into laughter with his mannerisms.

I loved how President Park maneuvered the whole non-party cabinet election and presidential election. Loved how his wife and him mirrored each others body language while they had their little discussion. Undoubtedly she helped him a lot.

I have so many thoughts but I wanna watch episode 8 first. But Agent HNG going to Seongjin Party's  President Yun with info, undoubtedly has put her life at risk I feel.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Posted (edited)

Eps 7 was great ! PMJ for President please . Love it . @angelbeast90 I too love that scene with his wife . She’s indeed his rock & I appreciate that she’s a lawyer which can come in very handy especially since legal affairs is not his forte. That way he dealt with mole Chief An shows how “street smart “ he has gotten . Not firing him ensures that An will never ever dare cross him again. My favourite part was seeing Cha tell Han  that he’s found the winner! 

———-

oh my spoiler from ep 8 . So there’s a cctv footage of OYS going into that mysterious room 119

Yun openly opposing OYS appointment 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

After Yun's accusations , OYS had a chat with PMJ. I suppose he has to counter the accusations that Agent Han has made . So now he's saying that Han's suspicions is an emotional thing because her fiance had died

What OYS said (using papago translate). Lol! This guy is a gifted politician

Spoiler

But you haven't heard from him, have you?
The chairman of the hearing told me.
NIS agent Han Na-kyung tipped Yoon Chan-kyung that I had a reason to be disqualified?
I ended up with a happy ending, but...
Victims' families. Agent Hanna...
I heard that the person who promised to marry was killed in the Capitol attack

He died and I had doubts about the fact that I had survived from the beginning. No matter how many times I explain it now, it's hard to accept any truth. 
Because I did that too.

I think living in Korea is one of two things. One day, he suddenly becomes a victim or a family member of the victims' families. Why the innocent young comrades should have died that day in the West Sea... I asked and asked. Because I couldn't accept it.
I didn't understand.

But no one answered.
The conservative politicians who were able to vote for security took advantage of us, and the peace-making politicians turned away from us. 
He chose to answer himself!
Agent Han Na-kyung is another voice I want to speak for! 
To me!

Another cut . Is this guy his tailor? or someone he reports to?

OYS lines: (wahh his words are very cryptic - it's like his terribly cynical of the government and democracy)

Spoiler

I work in the dark and I work in the sun...
Silent devotion...Don't you know why they're carved into a stone in the front yard? You can't protect it.
Is the appointment so important?
I think we got everything we need.
During the hearing...

People... How good a world are you trying to make?
If elections can change the world...
The human species would have eliminated the election at all costs. That was a long time ago.
Isn't that right?

Preview:

Not liking Yun's smug face

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6