[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I was wondering if anyone is suspecting Park Su Gyo because his arrival (he has been at the Blue House for one year) coincides with the special project ordered by the president.   

who is PArk Su Gyo? 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

who is PArk Su Gyo? 

Press Officer Namwook's coffee buddy and the person who opens doors for VIPs. 

Also gets door closed on his face! Also person who keeps track of Park Dae of his schedules.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4c27222e6508aaedfd2bfd06de08f6d2/tumblr_puen9gdQEo1sqfa8ro2_540.gif

Had to go to Asian wiki to find his name where it stated as Park SooKyo! But he was so shocked and paralyzed when the bombing happened.

59 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

who is PArk Su Gyo? 

haha i'm wondering that too

11 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Yeah on watching the trailer again, it looked like neither OYS nor PMJ got hurt. OYS looked shocked and PMJ's expression didn't seem like he his hurt. It's more like OYS pulled PMJ down so that he doesn't get shot. Instead now I feel the guy sitting behind on the chair has died.

Someone mentioned that probably the shooter was aiming at OYS but watching the preview of ep11 for the umpteen time its definitely looks like he was aiming at PMJ. At the end of ep10 we heard only one shot and the shooter must have missed his target when agent Han shot at him. There is a guy who is sitting motionless behind OYS he must have been hit. 

And i don't think OYS pulled PMJ down. I think the president's security guards pulled PMJ down from behind him. I know some of us here do not want OYS to be the bad guy, that probably he's a double agent probably snooping around to see if anyone around him is an accomplice in the bombing.  I hope he is not but i can't seem to see him that way. A double agent would definitely hide his true self but

1. OYS reveals his deeper feelings especially to Assemblywoman Yun. He tells her something like 'In the nation i hope to live in there is no place for you' (sorry if i got that wrong) that's so frightening.

2, When he was cornered by PMJ about agent Han. He says Han probably resent him because her boyfriend died in the bombing. How did he know this when even the president didn't.

3. When they failed to kill off agent Han by the gas explosion his tailor reported it to him in riddles. 

4. When the tailor inform him that they failed to reveal PMJ's scandal he says "that's alright I think we have everything covered"

Thank you @bebebisous33 for you insight on political advisor Han's involvement in the bombing it has somehow 'open my eyes' to his behavior. You could be right in suspecting him.

Just some thoughts.

1,I didn't like how JunO died. I mean they are NIS agents. They a highly trained in tough situation but there they were standing in the middle of the road. They were easy targets. I was expecting the truck of doom to come hahaha.

2. Why was security so lax at the investiture ceremony. The two security guards just let a guy into a building facing the place where the ceremony is taking place. The nation just went through a bomb attack and security is so lax omg! 

Off topic but couldn’t help laughing at all the comments and references to DS60 from this article. :lol:

@imgreatgal

Someone mentioned that probably the shooter was aiming at OYS but watching the preview of ep11 for the umpteen time its definitely looks like he was aiming at PMJ. At the end of ep10 we heard only one shot and the shooter must have missed his target when agent Han shot at him. There is a guy who is sitting motionless behind OYS he must have been hit. 

2 shots. The first misfired because HNG intervened.  TaeIk curses, reloads and then there’s another shot which is masked and coincides with the screen blacking out. PMJ is hit with the second shot.

Why was security so lax at the investiture ceremony. The two security guards just let a guy into a building facing the place where the ceremony is taking place. The nation just went through a bomb attack and security is so lax omg

They thought he was part of the Security Detail.  He was wearing the same get up, had the intercom with ear piece and the Security lapel pin.  Plus he strode so confidently past them that they probably thought he was doing a routine check.

https://twitter.com/soompi/status/1156346972623822848?s=20

--------------------------------------

@imgreatgal I too thought why the two guards guarding that Eunsan Buildings entrance let him enter without so much as identification. I felt I should have to heavily criticize their briefing instructor for being so lax on letting even personnel enter without clearance. In real life even if you are friends with the guard you are supposed to show your personal identification card which will show the clearance level and that is the protocol!Even if you are in the same agency! These two guards must be new recruits!! I had this naggy feeling about it too while watching!!! Ok I will let it pass! lol

----------------------------------

When did we ever start trusting previews. lol!

I feel the scene of the shooting will be extended more and there wil be the second shot taking down the President. Maybe the other shot landed on that person sitting in the chair!!

48 minutes ago, nrllee said:

2 shots. The first misfired because HNG intervened.  TaeIk curses, reloads and then there’s another shot which is masked and coincides with the screen blacking out. PMJ is hit with the second shot.

There was three shots. One from agent Han the second shot is from the shooter he missed and tried a second time and it coincides with the ending. The third shot is debatable. They probably did that to let us speculate if it was really a shot or they just making that sound for the closing of that episode. 

48 minutes ago, nrllee said:

They thought he was part of the Security Detail.  He was wearing the same get up, had the intercom with ear piece and the Security lapel pin.  Plus he strode so confidently past them that they probably thought he was doing a routine check.

That is why i said security is lax. These men are the presidents security guards they know each other there shouldn't be someone new without the chief of security's knowledge. 

32 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

When did we ever start trusting previews. lol!

This is totally true. Never ever trust previews and the writers. They can do anything to make a show awesome and also they can ruin it in last 5 minutes 

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

If it was just some other random guy the scene where they get to the hospital with the gurney doesn’t make sense.  So many security Guards?  I think it’s more likely PMJ.  But wait...were there 2 shots?  He misfired his first shot because HNG distracted him by firing into the window/at his rifle?  There was a second shot?  So maybe the first one hit the guy slumped in the chair and the second hit PMJ?  I can’t remember.

That can be a totally different scene even. Also it can be PMJ. As of now all the possibilities are open. Hoping that Monday comes soon

9 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

This is totally true. Never ever trust previews and the writers. They can do anything to make a show awesome and also they can ruin it in last 5 minutes 

I don’t think we’re the only ones speculating.  The episode preview on Naver https://m.tv.naver.com/v/9335711 has over 74000 views.  The usual view count for any of the videos for that drama is usually 10000-20000 :lol:

53 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

I wish I know the ratings and what are the netizen comments on the latest episode?

This is the only place I know that's interested in this drama.

The ratings are holding steady around 4% (last ep highest at 4.4).  Can’t read Korean so don’t know how Knetizens are reacting but I did notice a sharp increase in number of comments since the last ep :lol:.  I think it’s pretty good ratings for a cable drama and in a Mon/Tue slot.  

https://m.search.naver.com/search.naver?where=m&sm=mtb_jum&query=60일%2C+지정생존자

In my opinion, the attempted assassination could be the trigger for PMJ to change his mind about the presidential candidacy. First, PMJ could use this occasion in order to let OYS reveal his true color. Furthermore, I doubt that Han knows that PMJ hasn't given OYS all access which will be a huge mistake. Remember that only his bodyguard and JSJ are aware of OYS's involvement and that someone in the Blue House is involved. I als think that PMJ has already figured it out that the NSI chief is involved because he believed that KJW was dead.

As conclusion, the plan has already started falling apart... They failed to kill PMJ and the latter will announce his candidacy. And this leads me to the next conclusion that since the chances of OYS's election are getting lower, the mastermind might plan another bombing on the day of the election in order to ensure that OYS gets full power and authorities.  

@imgreatgal Thanks for the compliment. :wub: Thanks to @angelbeast90's taking, I was able to make another observation. Advisor Han talks to PMJ about shame and indirectly about pride, just like OYS. At the funeral, OYS kept saying that he was too embarrassed and ashamed. All his speech was evolving about pride and shame. I have the impression that Han had decided to abandon the former president as he thought that OYS was the best solution. I see a parallel between Han and CYJ: the latter is betting on PMJ, while Han had long chosen OYS. Han has been a good advisor towards CYJ and PMJ because he can not reveal his true involvement. If his actions and advises had been bad, it would have been too obvious. We should see Han as the double agent that @40somethingahjumma has been expecting. 

Since we can now believe that Han is part of the conspiracy, we have to remember that Han looked shocked, when he saw the building exploding. He was also sad thinking about the president Jang therefore just because the protocol secretary PSG was shocked and hurt after witnessing the attack, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that he has to be excluded. People from the conspiracy will feel sad and pained, but at the same time, they justify this as a necessary sacrifice. From my point of view, Han got disappointed how the country was being ruled. Jang, a good man, was heavily criticized... furthermore many ministers had scandals. I sense that the real reason for the attack was the resentment and hate against the democracy. OYS hates politicians and he clearly stated it to Yun. So once he got the power, he will turn the country into a dictatorship. 

The huge difference between Yang and PMJ is: CYJ described Yang as the kindest man he has ever known, whereas PMJ is called a good man. Kind and good are different. PMJ could show a certain coldness and strength. He had no problem to fire the general and issue an executive order, although many were against it. He is definitely no pushover, as the conspirators expected.  

The reason why PMJ was mistaken for a pushover by the conspirators:

1. He is no politician
  2. He has always worked at school based on his CV
  3. He helped his future wife in her lawsuit indirectly which can not be seen in his CV. No one was aware that he was the one who gave her the tip how to help the injured workers. Furthermore, it also showed that PMJ has never hidden behind his books and data. He was well aware of his surroundings (the lawsuit aso). He felt concern for the workers as he had already figured a way out... he must have studied a lot before. His solution was not spontaneous.
  4. When he heard that she was a divorced single mother, he didn't care at all what people might think about him. He was even more determined to date her. If he had been a pushover, he would have worried what his family or people might think about him: dating a divorced single mother. He even allowed the ex-husband to spread the rumor that his wife had been cheating on him as he wanted to ensure SW's well-being. This explains why even Han believed in this "scandal". No normal person would have accepted to have his name and reputation tarnished for the sake of someone else. Don't forget that Han often speaks about shame. Han is an delusioned politician: his expression "choosing the less evil" was really telling.
  5. He accepted to wear the shoes from Yang, although he felt uncomfortable all this time. People could see this gesture. Being called "Cinderella" reinforced this impression as Cinderella is considered as a poor, powerless person, a pushover bullied by her family (stepsisters and stepmother).
  6. His determination to win SW's heart... it took him a long time before SW accepted him. He felt threatened by male adults as he witnessed abuse as a small child. He never gave up which is a huge strength. Despite being in a tough position, he accepted it and made sure that his efforts would pay off. No one knows about SW's trauma and the interaction between SW and PMJ.

The conspirators could never discover all this as PMJ was not observed and it was not written in the CV. They only judged PMJ based on his CV... a superficial judgement in the end. 

PMJ wants to leave the office because he wants to protect his family. However, the attempted assassination and the next discoveries will make him realize that the best way to protect his family is to become a candidate as he can not accept OYS as future dictator. 

5 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

@bebebisous33  I always loved your insightful views. Also with this drama. But I would like to say the previous late president's name was Yang Jin-Man  not Jang.:) or very well ( Y and J sound same with some  languages it seems. lol)

Have to go for now.

Thanks a lot for correcting me!! I was too lazy to verify...I have already corrected my posts. Honestly, Korean names are difficult for me to remember.

I have the impression that OYS used his survival at the battle in order to create a myth: he is a hero, while in reality he was not. Now, another myth has been created: he survived the bombing, whereas in reality his life had never been endangered!! 

So  OYS is a superficial person whereas PMJ is not. OYS with all his intentions have deceived the general public already it seems. He speaks in ideals but not in what is practical and realistic. Looks like he knows what is best for the nation and in his opinion the nation knows not what it wants! So is he going to become a dictator!! Lets see what he does when he gets to become Acting President. I hope it does not take a revolution to get him off the power though! So in order to do that PMJ needs to take the power back in his hands!

22 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Looks like everyone here doesn't think or do not want Sec Cha to be that mole in the BH and i sooooooo do not want him to be too hahaha! but that recording Sec Jeong just heard could put a damper on their ongoing romance i'm sorry to say hahaha

And honestly... that's all it is. :D It is just to get JSJ all jumpy so that the romance gets postponed. I don't think anybody seriously believes CYJ is the Blue House mole. Especially when he's been courted by  PMJ's opponents and he's turned them down each down in favour of the newbie PMJ who is Mr Babe-in-the-woods. 

23 hours ago, triplem said:

May I join you on this? :lol:  LJH was the main reason I started this and part of me  does not want to see him be the ultimate baddie; though we know he has a penchant for taking on these shady characters. Am sure you know I am terribly bias but I do love how understated he plays this character.  Though he is  quietly confident and projects a gentle demeanor , there are moments in his words where he is seething with anger .  So good. 

---------------------------

Though I can't entirely read OYS and it seems he  isn't the VIP,  I do think he is part of this because he truly  believes that this is the only way for a new Korea to be formed .  Actually he fits the terrorist mind set in some ways.  There's misconception that terrorists are sadists or psychopaths who are eveready  to plant a bomb somewhere.  Many willingly join a terrorist organisation for very rational reasons. OYS for example isn't doing this because he is a deviant personality or power hungry ( the way I feel Yun is ). He is hurt and disappointed , and like many terrorists genuinely sees that political violence is the only way to react to a perceived injustice . That is why there's utmost sincerity in every word he says- this is him trying to right a wrong . Though the wrong may very well be real or imagined .

I know. In my heart I know he's been "taken" by the dark side.  It's just that I see some good in him and I don't see him as an outright baddie even if there's an air of contempt. And not because it's LJH... ;) But definitely because of LJH's performance. :D

In fact, like you, I think he probably believes he is doing the right thing. He doesn't believe any of the people who died in the National Assembly were innocent as they were culpable in the Beolgyeol (?) battle (whatever its called) where so many of his men purportedly died for nothing. And of course the impending peace treaty with North Korea must have been the final insult. He's a military man so some of this must sting. If he is indeed what he appears to be... a key figure in the conspiracy... then he is being inconsistent in seeing that those who died in the bombing attack as collateral damage to build the new Korea he and others have envision.

Sigh... the part I'm struggling with is that a man like that would allow himself to be used in this fashion. He must know he is being used but perhaps he thinks he can gain the upperhand once he has sufficient power. *shrug shoulders*

I read a really interesting article in the Atlantic a few years ago in which the writer interviewed men who had joined ISIS to get to the bottom of the "why". Fascinating stuff and very balanced. Most were pretty ordinary guys who just wanted to be part of something bigger themselves. They had a particular worldview/ belief system and they followed it through to its logical consequence. The fact that they believed that there was a metaphorical pot of gold at the end of the rainbow probably didn't hurt.

I certainly don't think terrorists are people with mental health issues. That's the secular western media's take of it. Most of us know better. ;)

@bebebisous33 The way you've broken it down sounds highly plausible and it does make sense for Sec Han to be involved in General Lee's sacking because he's in the right spot. But what is his motive for participating in this conspiracy? Was he under duress? Did he not agree with President Yang's policies? Because even if he had the opportunity and the means, he was really fond of the late president. I don't think that was insincere. Was he against the North Korean treaty? I have so many questions still.

I guess I need more to be fully convinced of his culpability. 

For me I still feel like I'm groping around in the dark because we have some of the pieces of the puzzle and not all of it. Moreover, we don't exactly know where all the pieces of the puzzle fit. 

If it wasn't for the fact that the late President Yang was so pro-treaty, I'd even throw out the theory that he plotted his own demise particularly because he's the one who ordered the simulation of the NA attack to be done in the first place. :P

I don't expect anything... really... ;) I'm just looking and waiting for answers. Just speculating like everyone else. 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@bebebisous33 The way you've broken it down sounds highly plausible and it does make sense for Sec Han to be involved in General Lee's sacking because he's in the right spot. But what is his motive for participating in this conspiracy? Was he under duress? Did he not agree with President Yang's policies? Because even if he had the opportunity and the means, he was really fond of the late president. I don't think that was insincere. Was he against the North Korean treaty? I have so many questions still.

I guess I need more to be fully convinced of his culpability. 

For me I still feel like I'm groping around in the dark because we have some of the pieces of the puzzle and not all of it. Moreover, we don't exactly know where all the pieces of the puzzle fit. 

If it wasn't for the fact that the late President Yang was so pro-treaty, I'd even throw out the theory that he plotted his own demise particularly because he's the one who ordered the simulation of the NA attack to be done in the first place. :P

I don't expect anything... really... ;) I'm just looking and waiting for answers. Just speculating like everyone else. 

To me, the answer lies in the following words: "the less evil". Since pride and shame seem important to Han, I have the impression that the peace treaty with North Korea was just the trigger for him to abandon Yang. Disillusion in the democratic system could be a huge explanation. Don't forget how Yun and KSK are behaving. Yun had no remorse to use the bombing for her personal agenda... KSK did the same as well. They showed no care for the citizens... all what they were thinking was their own political career. One of the reasons why The Weimar Republic failed (First German democracy) was the lack of democracy and democrats. This republic is often described as "a democracy without democrats".

Hitler could install a dictatorship because many citizens and politicians were no longer democrats and furthermore this country didn't have a long democratic past. The administration (justice, police, teachers) had not been changed and even democratized hence many people in the administration longed for a monarchy and an authoritarian regime. South Korea is a young democracy and has a long past connected to military junta/dictatorship. I see here some parallels. To me, Han has been disillusioned... especially if f. ex. he lost someone in the Battle. 

Besides, I can't help thinking about von Papen, the Vice-Chancellor under Hitler (1933-1934).

Papen entered politics and joined the Centre Party, better known as the Zentrum. The monarchist Papen formed part of the conservative, anti-Semitic wing of the party that rejected democracy and the Weimar Coalition with the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD). Papen's politics were much closer to the German National People's Party than to the Zentrum, and he seems to have belonged to the Zentrum on the account of his Roman Catholicism and a hope that he could shift his party to the right.

As you can see, van Papen belonged a democratic party but his ideas were actually anti-democratic. He actually thought that since Hitler's party only had 3 posts in the government (Hitler as Chancellor, Göring and Frick (Home Secretary/minister of the interior)), he could frame Hitler, I mean he could control Hitler. Don't forget that Han had imagined that he would be able to control PMJ. In my opinion, Han might have imagined that he could do the same with OYS, well aware that he had a different policy: the less evil in his eyes. 

Sure, there is no guarantee with my explanations. I even doubt that Han will fully explain his reasons. So far, OYS didn't give real explanation for his involvement. We have to guess based on his words... just like with Han.

@bebebisous33

That was a wonderful read, and thank you for contributing!

Can we examine these leaks you mentioned? What are the actions that are possibly created by the Tailor group?

1)     Leak 1: Park gets fired on that Day – I cant recall correctly whether An is the leak or there is someone else?

2)    Leak 2: His son is not his and possibility of an affair – leak is from both the Agent and ex husband

3)    Leak 3: NK video leak – from Cha

My question is, what are the tailor’s group strategy? It seems like post bombing, they let Oh take the center stage, while clearing out “weeds”. But in EP10, it seems like they will take an active role to let Oh has the advantage, and next we know, there is a shooting.

Also I feel that Oh may not agree entirely with Tailor’s group, however both of their goals fits, and hence Oh bring his military gang over to the Tailor.

And I think Han is the chess piece in terms of administration mole. He might have another mole working with him eg Call centre, as well as multiple moles around. Because he knew the blueprint of the Assembly, has the means back then to approve the building of secret room, as well as swaying Yang’s strategies.

You are right that rich industrialist must be present to support such a huge maneuver  besides having military and administrative support. But I am still racking my brain trying to think about links on it.

Also, I am thinking of shooting as a means to sway public opinion. For example this case, 3-19 shooting incident. I was a kid back then, but I remember how the public opinion swayed to the then President, and he did won the reelection. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-19_shooting_incident

With regards to Oh, he is shrouded with mystery, covering his motivation as much as possible (Unlike Cha who has revealed his motivation) except for the scene with Yun. That was the only time his peacelike mask falls off slightly. He is angry about how his comrades are being treated, and based on how his comrades treated him (with a dog like loyalty), I think they have the same mind as Oh.

Archived