[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

7 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Yeah hope hes not doing adultery. Who will trust such a politician? But i think he will at least got temptation? 

We do need drama after all, though I'm hoping it's more power temptation than romance or sexual. 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She seems quite looking up to him, like kind of worshipping him, know him so well and even pray for the 1st time just for him!

Don't get me wrong, I do hope for less romance too... Hope I'm not right....

I hope there would be romance 

his wife is so cold person :tounge_xd:

like me she was worried about him & him was worried about something else :lol:

5d1f4246a1955761009706.gif?download

5d1f418be5a55855258238.gif?download

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

. So any early guesses for who planted the bomb? 

I think it is someone in the blue house. My money is the bae jon suk character's political party. 

There were many people who didn't like the president YAng Jin Man poilitics. 

I for one dont want hints of affair.  

If there is romance I hope it between  park Moo Jin and his wife and then there is the potential( aaron-emily romance/original) cha young jin(seon suk koo) and jung soo jung(choi yoon young) 

3 minutes ago, triplem said:

So any early guesses for who planted the bomb? 

Facts kinda pointing to the lady’s (from the Terrorism Task Force) fiancé?  :huh:

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

I’m actually expecting some temptation especially with the way they set up the wife’s character & how they seem to show that the secretary knows him so well 

Yeah.  Does everyone think his wife cold?  She seemed quite disinterested in the car when he seemed to be making attempts at conversation (multiple attempts to break it to her that he had been fired).  And yes she seemed to be the one wearing the pants in their household, dealing with the Son at school (I assume she was the parent the school rang about him getting in trouble) and she seemed to be the only one knowing that their daughter was on an excursion to the National Assembly.  Then again that’s sort of how Asian families work as a norm.  The dad doesn’t need to know these things so he’s often left out of the loop.  They are usually swamped with work and their relationship with the children aren’t like Western dads.  I didn’t really think her cold.  I thought she was just pragmatic and sensible.  The secretary knows him well because so much of his life is tied up at work and that’s pretty much his whole world right up till he became President.  She does seem to come across as rather starry eyed and adoring of him though so the danger is there.  Wife did seem to be there for him when he needed her so I am hoping that their marriage stays intact.  And the children are there to reinforce ties/bonds between the pairing.  Had there not been any children the temptation would be stronger as there are fewer individuals to factor into the adultery equation.

2 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Facts kinda pointing to the lady’s (from the Terrorism Task Force) fiancé?  :huh:

totally true. He could be the one who planted the bombs for money or something else. But I totally think it someone in high power who wanted more power.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

1 hour ago, joccu said:

totally true. He could be the one who planted the bombs for money or something else. But I totally think it someone in high power who wanted more power.

I think her fiancé got the bombing info from someone who tried to stop it. But he got it too late. And the terrorist found out about it, so they stole his phone.

The fact that the contact message has only booming info and he didn't even erase it. That seems odd. 

If he's the type that doesn't erase stuff, then there should be more.

If not, he definitely should have deleted it, especially if he purposely left his phone there to look like a victim. 

Does anyone know if we could see when the bombing info was sent to him?

Because if he got that info just before the bombing, then he's definitely not the terrorist. 

Because if he got that info just before the bombing, then he's definitely not the terrorist. 

I found it odd that she suspected him straight away  , my first reaction would be is he hurt , why he missing , start look for him , her memory about him was quite good didn’t look as bad man so it’s weird. 

@triplem

The list of suspects are long 

15623429821562342866.gif

But my money who ever hear his jokes :lol: 

23 minutes ago, KDrM said:

I think her fiancé got the bombing info from someone who tried to stop it. But he got it too late. And the terrorist found out about it, so they stole his phone.

that also feels true.

or they could done test runnings with computer how to bomb the building so they could prevent it.  I mean they work with terrorism task force. 

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

She seemed quite disinterested in the car when he seemed to be making attempts at conversation (multiple attempts to break it to her that he had been fired).  And yes she seemed to be the one wearing the pants in their household, dealing with the Son at school (I assume she was the parent the school rang about him getting in trouble) and she seemed to be the only one knowing that their daughter was on an excursion to the National Assembly.

I thought their relationship was close enough for her to make guesses of what he might want to talk about. As for the son, I have the impression that she works in the same school as their son is. Thus him picking both of them up at the school. I didn’t pay enough attention to the documents she was looking at in the car. But then again, I might not be able to figure out what the document was about to even guess her occupation, hahaha...

The suspicious fiancé, maybe he got informed about the bomb and that’s why he rushed to the National Assembly. Although she did find certain things (behaviors) were odd. 

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

found it odd that she suspected him straight away  , my first reaction would be is he hurt , why he missing , start look for him , her memory about him was quite good didn’t look as bad man so it’s weird

You mean when she asked the hacker to see who he talked on the phone before going to the assembly? 

I think she doesn't suspect her fiancé, but she suspects the person who called him.

He didn't need to be there. His voice message seems like when he changed his mind. If he was already planning to go there, she should have known.

So when she found out that his phone has bombing info, it looks like he's the perfect terrorist suspect to the "must find the terrorist really fast" authorities. 

I think that's why she didn't tell her higher-ups and co-workers and tried to take the phone secretly.

I mean if that's not the reason, why did she not tell the info to others?

Especially she tries her best to hide her info from that certain higher-up guy.

But. I don't think her fiancé is a good guy... he tried to get president's secret info and sell it to the opposite party. BUT he doesn't seem to be terrorist type guy. To me, he's more like a "save myself first" guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got the bombing info just few minutes before, and he used that time to escape rather than saving the president. He might as well have purposely left the phone there to trick the terrorist to think that he failed to escape. 

5 hours ago, joccu said:

that also feels true.

or they could done test runnings with computer how to bomb the building so they could prevent it.  I mean they work with terrorism task force

Ohhhhh, that could be too! And terrorist could have gotten it from somebody else.

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

But then again, I might not be able to figure out what the document was about to even guess her occupation, hahaha...

I think I read somewhere that she's a human rights lawyer. 

Oh please  no to romance. I get my fill of romance from TJ and KSY of  'Aide" and I love it. :D

For this drama,  I like if they stay with the political thriller aspect of whodunit. There are several suspects.. and I fear LJH character could be  the one. I don't think writers will delve into North Korea attaking South Korea plot all the way throughout . Even if it's just a drama purpose. It's sensitive topic and and on national level and real life politcal matters. There is a disclaimer at the start, "characters organizations places and evens are all fictitious"

I never once thought that the incident was caused by the North and all that. But it was gonna for the politcal scenes heigthened tension the drama gives.  I'd say it's a homegrown terror attack.  The agent's boyfriend, based on the phone had  the layout for National Assembly building and where bomb planted. Theory could be  he's an informant, part of the terror suspects.. or there could be someone  higher and he was used. The explosion and bombing, the timing these are coordinated and somebody with a lot of power and /or grudge/ ambition or just totally politically lunatic must be behind the attack.

@nrllee  I agree I like they make PMJ very human with emotions. awkward,  not at ease. I also agree about the drama gives off that Jack Ryan "Clear and Present Danger' vibes.

I enjoyed episode 2. I want for PMJ to be with the family. See how it changes the personal aspects of his relationship with wife, especially with the son esp now that he's the acting president.

After the 60 days.. who should be the President?  Secy Han?

OT: Just gonna say.. if it were a political  Kdrama version of "Scandal" by all means.. lets get it on with romance ..oh yeah btw, I wouldn't Yoo Gi Tae xBae Doo Na or Soo Ae casted.. if.. ever.

7 hours ago, KDrM said:

The fact that the contact message has only booming info and he didn't even erase it. That seems odd. 

If he's the type that doesn't erase stuff, then there should be more.

If not, he definitely should have deleted it, especially if he purposely left his phone there to look like a victim

Yes it just seems way too “obvious” to point the finger at the fiancé?  There’s more to it than meets the eye.  As for why she didn’t pass the information and raise her suspicions with others, I think partly because of self preservation (she would be implicated as well because of her close relationship with him - fraternizing with the enemy) and also because she couldn’t quite believe it (she couldn’t believe that she had no inkling all that time - the memory collage as she was trying to work out the passcode to his phone gave us an insight into her mental state - all their shared moments - although of all the numbers/dates to pick it was strange to pick the one on her judo (?) jacket :o).

3 hours ago, jongski said:

For this drama,  I like if they stay with the political thriller aspect of whodunit. There are several suspects.. and I fear LJH character could be  the one. I don't think writers will delve into North Korea attaking South Korea plot all the way throughout . Even if it's just a drama purpose. It's sensitive topic and and on national level and real life politcal matters. There is a disclaimer at the start, "characters organizations places and evens are all fictitious"

Agree about the sensitive nature of the North-South therefore the plot would not be anything that would potentially jeopardise that in real life.  And yes to LJH’s character being the one most likely to be the “villain”.  I have been told ( @triplem ) that he selects roles for their complexity.  He doesn’t seem to like straight up black or white roles, often choosing layered challenging characters.  So when his character appears, he will probably slot into that role.  Perhaps as a potential rival to the Presidential seat? Stills have him in Naval outfit - so he’s some decorated Marine with obvious crowd appeal, but remains to be seen what his political leanings are.  Just from Ep1&2, the opposition party lady seems to be doing a pretty good job of playing the devious politician (villain) to the tee.  Their whole party boycotted the National Assembly meeting (so they are potential suspects too) and she is eyeing the Presidential seat.  Although again I feel it’s far too obvious.

Netflix tells me only 10 Episodes?  So hopefully Writers give us political thriller/whodunit without the complications of an affair to muddy the waters.

After 60days, I think they go to the polls?  It is a democracy?  I thought that was what they said when they read out the Constitution to PMJ in the bunker.  So I guess there would be 3 in the running, PMJ, the opposition party lady and LJH (and maybe Sec Han).  They would be jockeying for the top job position amid the whodunit plot.

@ktcjdrama 

I thought their relationship was close enough for her to make guesses of what he might want to talk about.

Yes to this.  I thought the strength in their relationship was evident.  They are in that “comfortable” stage of their relationship.  It’s steady, it’s solid.  They have an unspoken understanding.  Not flashy and passionate like affairs are but far more enduring and worthwhile.

Also I get the feeling PMJ is going to go off script for his opening address to the nation?  His North Korean defector Speechwriter may or may not approve :lol:.  Maybe he can blame it on his glasses.  He took them off.  I am sure there will be script prompts scrolling up next to the camera in front for him to read (they all do so they can actually look at the camera instead of looking down at the printed scripts) but he can feign “blurry vision” and go off script.  We’ll see. :huh:

EDIT - looks like I guessed right about LJH’s character.  His interview said this (source https://www.soompi.com/article/1332475wpp/lee-joon-hyuk-explains-why-he-decided-to-appear-in-new-korean-remake-of-designated-survivor).  I haven’t read any of the previous pages of this thread so I may be repeating someone else)

In the upcoming drama, Lee Joon Hyuk will play the role of Oh Young Seok, a former naval officer and independent member of the National Assembly. Oh Young Seok is a rising political star who receives love and attention from the public due to his confident way of speaking, self-assured facial expressions, handsome face, and innate leadership skills.

Lee Joon Hyuk explained that he decided to appear in the drama because he had been drawn to the character’s complexity. “Oh Young Seok is someone who stands somewhere in the middle of what most people believe to be the definitions of good and evil,” said the actor. “I found it appealing that the character’s influences and his future direction were unknown.”

Yeah @triplem that’s exactly how I envisaged his character to be.  A decorated hero figure.  Easy on the eye.  People look for a hero in times of crisis and he fits the bill perfectly.  He’s not a geeky Environmental Scientist (PMJ) who always looks like a fish out of water and way out of his depth.  LJH is oozing self confidence, disciplined (one article mentioned he lost 9kg for this role :o - guess he trimmed down and lived a regimental Marine type life to get into the role) so people would gravitate towards him as they seek stability.  He’s going to be a tough rival.  And yes to him potentially being the mastermind behind the bombing.  He’s an independent, up and coming political figure so he would give PMJ and the lady opposition party leader a run for their money.

I need to go back and read all the previous pages of this thread to catch up on character/relationship charts etc. :lol:

EDIT - They seem to have updated the lines for the chart on tVN page...no more red line between KHN and LJH?  It’s not showing upf132060898000052044(0).jpg

This was the original from original post by triplem in page 3 of the thread.  

the blue lines generally indicate - trust, allies, political aides. The red ones - rivalry ( btwn JJH and LJH), suspicion ( btwn Kang Hana and LJH)”

On 7/5/2019 at 12:28 PM, Lawyerh said:

Acting President Park Moo-jin, we can't stand back or run anymore. The real culprits of the Capitol terror slowly beginning to reveal their bodies in front of them. And the accomplices, the prosecution, the press, the chaebol. And Cheong Wa Dae, someone... Begin to seduce Mujin. Get your hands on us. My power can give you power.

I punched this into Papago and translated it to Chinese (usually translates better because it does a better job of metaphors and grammar).  There was no “Cheong WaDae or someone” in the Chinese translation.  Instead the gist of it is “...and a particular person...they all try to seduce PMJ.  Join hands with us they say, our power can give you power”.  So in other words, now that he’s in the hot seat, they are all trying to sweet talk him whilst he wields that power.  Not sure if the “particular person” is that mystery person in the character chart with no face?  :huh:

13 hours ago, nrllee said:

although of all the numbers/dates to pick it was strange to pick the one on her judo (?) jacket

I think that's when he got crush on her. He might have told her about it. 

It could be significant to him since that's the moment he found the love of his life, in which changed his life significantly. 

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

They seem to have updated the lines for the chart on tVN page

Either they changed the script or they don't want to spoiler the plot since viewers will start to guess using the hints given in the chart.

Archived