[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

4 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Now let's hope he's happy enough to ask her (crap, I forgot her name) out the 3rd time...

He said there would be no third time.  I think she will need to swallow her pride and do the asking this time. :lol:

15 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Am now more worried about how did they end this series.. The first 30 days took up 12 episodes, can they accommodate the rest 30 days in 4 episodes? Or will they not show the PE? Just don't ruin it. 

I get the feeling they won’t show the actual PE.  They will just wrap up the story of the terror cell and Oh will be ousted and PMJ shown to be in the running, along with Yun.  Because she really hasn’t done anything “wrong”, she’s just in a different party?  And it will finish like that. I don’t actually mind if they do that.  He’s already grown so much as a character so even if they leave us hanging about the results I won’t feel cheated.  It’s enough for me that he’s stepped up to be in the race and trying.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I get the feeling they won’t show the actual PE.  They will just wrap up the story of the terror cell and Oh will be ousted and PMJ shown to be in the running, along with Yun.  Because she really hasn’t done anything “wrong”, she’s just in a different party?  And it will finish like that. I don’t actually mind if they do that.  He’s already grown so much as a character so even if they leave us hanging about the results I won’t feel cheated.  It’s enough for me that he’s stepped up to be in the race and trying.

If it ends up like this am fine. I just need a convincing and appropriate ending. Some of my favorite dramas got ruined in the last episodes or last minute..Dont want this one to be on that list. It would have been good if this was 20 episodes one

Hola Chingoos!

Happy summer to everyone! (Or winter to our friends in the southern hemisphere).

I just caught up on this drama all the episodes. I think the last 2 episodes were the best, as my frustrations from the earlier episodes were all pretty well resolved with these episodes 11 and 12.

I am now a fan of this drama and the writer. I have not seen the original American one, but I think this Korean version is very well done - the story fits very well the current political situation going on and the historical context, too, so it makes me anticipate where this story will go in the last 4 episodes.

Not being a fan of Ji Jin-Hee, I must say his character has won me over. And Lee Joon-Hyuk is killing it - but strangely, the acting and the story is such that I am not rooting for his character at all - I am hating his character.

I love it!

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

He said there would be no third time.  I think she will need to swallow her pride and do the asking this time. :lol:

But the intro gives a sort of answer to the presidential election: he is dressed like he was the president and he is standing in front of the desk, while as Acting President, he always remained far away from the desk and preferred to sit to the table.

I haven't watched the US version but I have the impression that the drama will end on the day of the PE and at the same time, they will find the mastermind and arrest the persons involved. 

Just wanna say... i cant wait for Sec Cha and Jeong reconcilation!... haha

Im glad to see this thread is having a lot of viewers, even though silent, and moving along until its final run later on..... happy to see that everyone is updating their social media to make us fans engage in their dramas and ships ... just like HDL... Everyone, Fighting to the End, hahahaa

I hope the ending is very very tense! While the president is being sworn in they still need to capture the mastermind and Agent Han Nagyeong will be running around with a gun!!! Well I can only hope , after all they have finished shooting!!:D

-----------------------------------------

trans by papago: Every time they show up, the air in the house will change.
It's a immersion.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBvWUekUYAAyxgl?format=jpg&name=smallhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBvWUejU8AUnYBh?format=jpg&name=small

On another note 60 days is like almost 2 months. Almost a month has passed in this drama's timeline. I feel today's episode will start with the 60 changing to 30!!

But Agent Han Nagyeong does not give up so easily after all these days and she is at it even after her fiancee died. If it was another person they would be asking for time off and tell the Blue House team to get the mastermind themselves. But she is so patriotic. Also I feel she will be the next Director of NIS after she has gone through all this.

-----------------------------

@mademoisellesia

Here is another translation:D

그동안 외사랑을 하던 차영진의 부름에
드디어.... 박무진이 응답했다

papgo translate it as:

At the love call of Cha Young-jin, who had been in love with others,
Finally, Park Moo-jin answered.

strike through is my correction.lol

9 hours ago, disembody said:

so i am doing a quick rewatch....things make more sense now in context.

i have a question about OYS. does someone have record of all that he has survived? the ship battle (btw who was this battle between? when? way too young for the cold war...) and then the blowing up of the national assembly. what is the third? (or first technically if it is chronologically.) also, what is he so mad about? i think i asked this question before but is oys just pissed they weren't sent to war? were they stranded without resources? lmao i will try and focus more in this rewatch cos..

The third is: the assassination attempt, where PMJ was targeted. In the eyes of the citizens, he could have died.

He was mad that after such a battle, the generals and the government decided for another status quo. He saw the soldiers' death as a vain sacrifice. SK has still issues with North Korea.

@nrllee You wrote this

Actually I went back to watch that scene because most of us just overlook things in earlier episodes because we’re just trying to wrap our minds around who’s who.  And my interpretation of that scene where Yang fires PMJ changed as a result of what we know now of Sec Han.  

Yes Han sent PMJ in the negotiations to ensure it will fall flat.  He wanted to sour the US-Korea relations (if you do that, it makes it less likely for a North-South peace treaty).  When Yang and PMJ have that heated exchange about pollution and morals, and they seem to be at a stalemate, Han actually seems to make an attempt to throw his views into it to settle it by walking from the door towards the 2 of them.  Then he stops short as Yang seems to relent to PMJ’s pleas.  The camera actually pans in on Han’s face and he smiles as Yang says, “Sec Han, please contact the Korean delegation.  Tell them I will be honoring PMJ’s wishes...” (pregnant pause for effect and Han smiles) then he continues, “He will be held responsible for today’s incident...and dismissed from Office.”  Then camera pans on PMJ’s face and then Sec Han’s face both of which register shock/dismay.  I think Han expected Yang to bow to PMJ’s pleas but he didn’t?  So PMJ’s dismissal/leaving wasn’t planned by the terrorist cell.  So I doubt they wanted PMJ to survive?  They had to rejig their plans last minute because as you said, there would be 2 survivors now.  And they thought, “no problemo...PMJ is just going to maintain status quo.  He’s going to flounder and fail miserably.”  But he kept surprising them.  And became a genuine threat/contender.

I watched the scene again and the one with JSJ. First, we have to imagine that the incident with the bottles were planned by PMJ. His assistant noticed it. That way, he made sure that the US delegation couldn't do what they wanted, since the pressure from the citizens was supporting the government. However, PMJ didn't expect that despite the citizens' support, Yang would agree with the demands. First, PMJ accepted it, until Yang reminded him of the shoes. He told him that PMJ had become comfortable with these shoes. With this metaphor, he outlined that PMJ had become a real politician, accepting something even if he didn't like it or didn't fit his conviction. And this remark made PMJ realize that he didn't want to become like this hence he tried to argue and wanted to convince the president to change his mind: see the FTA as a real chance for negogation and not use this incident in order to maintain a certain honor and reputation. As you can see, the real trigger for PMJ's firing were Yang's words. Yang realized that PMJ would never agree to anything that hurts his conscience and belief.

So you are right: PMJ wasn't supposed to survive first but the conspirators saw this as a minor incident and believed that PMJ was just a cinderella, a pushover.... while in reality, with the bottle incident he proved that he could be creative.   

@bebebisous33 yes it was all about the shoes in that scene.  Metaphorically. I liked that they used it.  I wonder if they did the same in the US version.  I am waiting for this to end before I watch the US Version on Netflix.  I get the feeling originally this was supposed to have 20 episodes, split into 2 Seasons like Chief Aide.  Because originally on Netflix there were 10 episodes in this Season.  It was only later that they turned it into 16 episodes and 1 season.  Netflix seems to prefer this format of shorter seasons.  They did it for Kingdom and also for Arthdal.  Instead of one long season, they split it.  I guess they decided to just move with status quo and have the usual 16 and not drag it out to 20 split into 2 seasons of 10.  I wonder if they really got to film in the Blue House?  It would’ve been quite a treat for everyone if they did.

@nrllee And in this moment, PMJ stayed true to his value: honesty. Back then, he acted as if his action with the bottles was an accident but this was not true. During the conference, he chose the reporter Woo to ask the next question, however this had been planned by him. As you can see, PMJ had planned this but on the surface, it looked natural. So PMJ is walking on a very thin line between lies and truth. He does "manipulate" people. He wanted to protect CYJ's reputation and at the FTA negotations the citizens' rights. Koreans should be viewed as partners and not as subordinates of the Americans.

I'm actually waiting today's episode. 

Are they going to present the V.I.P today or do we have to wait to tomorrow or to the last week.

Now that PMJ is going to run president. Who is in control? The ministers or SOmeone else?

And How is OYS and the V.I.P going to react? 

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nrllee And in this moment, PMJ stayed true to his value: honesty. Back then, he acted as if his action with the bottles were an accident but this was not true. During the conference, he chose the reporter Woo to ask the next question, however this had been planned by him. As you can see, PMJ had planned this but on the surface, it looked natural. So PMJ is walking on a very thin line between lies and truth. He does "manipulate" people. He wanted to protect CYJ's reputation and at the FTA negotations the citizens' rights. Koreans should be viewed as partners and not as subordinates of the Americans.

Yes I think this time he pre-empted the Press.  He was proactive to talk to Woo to get her to swing the conversation.  He’s no longer on the back foot fighting fires and being merely reactive and lurching from crisis to crisis.  He took charge this time.  And without Cha’s advice.  Teacher Cha would’ve been proud of his student.  No wonder he looked like his chest was going to burst with pride at the Press Con.  I know mine was. :lol:

Behind the scenes pics that posting in personal Instagram by the casts somehow give us hints and spoilers hahaha..

i feel glad that all president team still complete till the end.. i mean maybe they're all clear :D

and the casts show us their friendship and closeness, hang out together, taking selfies and posting on social media. solid casts give solid chemistry on off screen.

two weeks and four episodes left, finally monday is coming up!!

i just dont know why TVN restrict the film making/behind the scene video on Youtube in some country. little bit dissapointing..:(

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Because originally on Netflix there were 10 episodes in this Season.  It was only later that they turned it into 16 episodes and 1 season.  Netflix seems to prefer this format of shorter seasons.  They did it for Kingdom and also for Arthdal.  Instead of one long season, they split it

I personally prefer a single season with max upto 20 episodes so that I can binge it and end it within a weekend. Am happy that they made it a single season otherwise I had to wait another six months at least to get the next season. I just hope the ending is not rushed one

It’s interesting to see that many k nets  say Han is obviously the VIP but hope he isn’t . And like us they were all moved by PMJ’s announcement & much love for SSK , oppa on the rise :glasses:

Translations credit :

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/08/designated-survivor-60-days-eps-11-12.html?m=1

Article: Naver 'Designated Survivor: 60 Days' New Acting President Lee Joon Hyuk, politician star arises vs 'gunshot wound' Ji Jin Hee regains consciousness [Ep 11]

1. [+550, -5]
Park Moo Jin lies on the surgery table after being shot. During his surgery, Oh Young Seok emerges as the relief Acting President. Within just 12 hours of duty, Oh Young Seok seems to think that he's already the real President and getting so arrogant. I hate the sight of him. Gosh. He's such a bad guy. 

2. [+292, -30]
Son Seok Koo's acting is really good ☺️

3. [+265, -17]
When Son Seok Koo said, "Are you done yelling?", my heart throbbed.

4. [+224, -4]
Wow, he scolded Oh Young Seok because he hated the sight of him. Park Moo Jin, please wake up quickly and come back ㅠㅠ The head of the Blue House Security Team seems really reliable. Son Seok Koo is cool when he gets mad ㅎㅎ I really want to believe Heo Jun Ho when he talked about regretting his decision to keep Ji Jin Hee as Acting President for the first time. Please, I hope Heo Jun Ho is not the VIP... 

5. [+189, -30]
Anyone could tell that the leader of the terrorist attack is Heo Jun Ho ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+65, -4]
Ji Jin Hee is like the real president. I wonder how much more awesome can his acting be? ~♡♡♡♡♡

7. [+55, -2]
Although anyone could tell that Heo Jun Ho is the culprit, but I hope it's not him. I hope there's a twist.

8. [+43, -6] 
It's really interesting ㅎㅎ

9. [+36, -3]
Is Heo Jun Ho the VIP? Son Seok Koo just seems like a good boy who does what he is told to do.

10. [+32, -0]
Yoon Chan Kyung, the opposition leader. At first, I thought she was just craving for power like any other politician, but the more I see her, it seems that she wasn't. If Park Moo Jin does politics using his heart, Yoon Chan Kyung would be a politician using her head. To be honest, there's nothing wrong about the things Yoon Chan Kyung said. She is an opposition leader with a different agenda. I can't say that she's good, but she isn't a bad person. 

Spoiler

ds.jpg

Article: Naver 'Designated Survivor: 60 Days' Ji Jin Hee runs for president because of Son Seok Koo's sincerity[Ep 12]

1. [+977, -7]
Son Seok Koo is really cool. I'm going to be Son Seok Koo's fan from now on.

2. [+692, -5]
When he declared that he will be running for president, Ji Jin Hee and Son Seok Koo's emotional acting made me tear up ㅠ A world in which the good man wins, I look forward to see such a person using his authority properly. 

3. [+651, -7]
Sobs ㅠㅠ I've been waiting so long for that last scene.. That answer was what I was waiting for, but he did it in such a cool manner ㅎㅎ He is trying to save Cha Young Jin from the media's thoughtless speculations and rumors ㅎㅎ Son Seok Koo's expression at the end was exactly like mine ㅋㅋ I've fallen for Park Moo Jin ㅋㅋ Secretary Jung Soo Jung and the head of the Blue House Security Team are reliable. The spokesperson Lee Moo Saeng is cute too. Please, I hope Oh Young Seok disappears from The Blue House soon.

4. [+223, -4]
In...teresting.

5. [+141, -0]
It's really interesting but it's a pity that the viewer ratings aren't high. 

6. [+129, -0]
Cha Young Jin looking touched during Park Moo Jin's declaration. This drama has great endings.  ㅜ

7. [+117, -1] 
Ep 12 today is the best in history!! I really like the combination of Cha Young Jin x Park Moo Jin!!! Actor Ji Jin Hee really suits his character, and Chief Presidential Secretary Cha's teary eyes during the last scene when he heard his answer to run for president.. Wow. He's really good at acting. Actor Son Seok Koo! I fell for you when I saw you in 'Designated Survivor: 60 Days'!! I'm looking forward to see how they are going to build "a world in which the good person wins"!! I will definitely be the first broadcast killer next week too!! Holding out till Monday.

8. [+116, -0]
Wow, the answer at the end made my heart skip a beat. ㅠㅠㅠ Today, I realized that the Acting President Park has never sat on the President's seat in The Blue House. Compared to Oh Young Seok who sat on it right away, Acting President Park is really cool.

9. [+110, -2]
Chief Presidential Secretary Cha was cool when he threw a fit at Oh Young Seok... 

10. [+102, -2]
Chief Presidential Secretary Cha is so cute today ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He walked out of the room with his shoulders drooped after apologizing to Oh Young Seok ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋAnd his expressions when he was moved by Acting President Park ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  I thought for a moment that they were having a 'some' relationship. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Archived