[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

1 hour ago, jongski said:

@triplem@nrllee and others... I don't like romance  for PMJ but what about Lee Joon Hyuk's character.. and the NIS agent???

yeah I could totally see that lee joon hyuk character and the NSi agent would happen. but I don't think that the HAn Na Kyung is thinking about new romance if her fiance is really dead. She's full on finding out what happened and why. But I totally think lee joon hyuk character( Oh Young-Seok) and NSi agent (Han Na Kyung )will cross path more than once. 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, triplem said:

He refuses to accept trade agreements that would add to his nation’s air pollution, rejecting false statistics on the safety of imported autos with lower U.S. emission standards.  Disgusted with the fact that a purely political deal might result in polluting his country’s air, he quits his ministerial position. 

Forbes reporter Joan McDonald needs to do her research.  He was fired.  He didn’t quit. :huh:

1 hour ago, joccu said:

yeah I could totally see that lee joon hyuk character and the NSi agent would happen. but I don't think that the HAn Na Kyung is thinking about new romance if her fiance is really dead. She's full on finding out what happened and why. But I totally think lee joon hyuk character( Oh Young-Seok) and NSi agent (Han Na Kyung )will cross path more than once. 

Yeah it would be kinda weird for her to leap into another relationship.  She’d be burnt from the last one.  And given LJH’s character is shifty the poor woman would risk being betrayed a second time?  So I feel like she would cross paths with LJH and they would butt heads (tension of a different sort).  She’s the best person to possess the “yet to be proven evidence” pointing the finger at her fiancé as the traitor.  Had anyone else gotten it, chances are he would just be implicated because everyone just wants the case solved and closed. She on the other hand doesn’t want to believe it so she will be more inclined to dig deeper to prove his innocence.  So I feel she would be all out doggedly trying to clear her fiancé’s name whilst LJH may well just want to pin it on him (potentially using him as a means to gain the people’s trust). 

@triplem we do share the same taste in drama ... lol

I haven't fully watch the first 2 episodes... since i want to finish the first season in the US series. So this is in truth is my kinda fav theme drama... i've seen west wings, madame secretary, commander in chief, news room and houee of cards ... so this remake is not going to miss it with bonus (especially this) LJH is here along with SSK. 

In this korean version the president daughter is killed by the bomb too?? I will be back when im done watching the episodes. 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Agent Han  - Isn’t it weird ? No one survived the collapse . Assemblyman’s Kim location at the time is unexplainable.   ( Who’s A. kim ?  ) 

kim Nam Wook ( speechwriter) - Don’t you know his political career will be over if this gets out ? 

Acting president  - It’s my decision. I will take responsibility 

Awe, NW worrying about MJ's political career. I think MJ has earned NW's loyalty!

NK said YS's (not Kim, she said Oh.) location is suspicious and doesn't make sense. She wants to discuss it with the Blue House (I guess?).

But NW is worried (because that will show that MJ was not there at all? He's the only one who didn't attend, which will make him look bad and suspicious?) 

MJ agreed with NK's plan anyway. 

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

That’s what I was wondering cuz the Netflix translation kept saying Kim & I repeated it a few times . :sweatingbullets: 

Oh great, official translation is wrong. I hope they fix it in actual episode.

Just saw Ep 3 over Netflix and it didn't disappoint.  We finally get to see LJH, albeit very briefly. 

The political push and pull continues to excite,  but the minor characters are the ones  who really suck me in. I love the speechwriter aka Kim Nam Wook, BH Chief Han and Cha Young Jin (the BH secretary).  Am still guessing where their loyalties lie.  

Looking forward to Ep 4 tonight. Can't wait to finally meet LJH's character. 

kim Nam Wook ( speechwriter) - Don’t you know his political career will be over if this gets out ?

I think potentially this could be the fact that he was fired (but it wasn’t signed off) prior to the mayhem.  They were probably trying to work around some justifiable reason for PMJ’s absence at the National Assembly.  They can’t exactly say that he was fired and therefore left which was why he was absent.  What could his alibi be then?  Going to pick up his Wife and Son?  He got called away because the school rang him because his Son got in trouble?  It would be a convenient lie...but it would require his Wife and Son to back it up... then where would his integrity be in front of them?  He hasn’t told his Wife that he was fired.  Nobody really knows except Secretary Han (?) or were there more?

Everyone who wasn’t there at the Assembly is potentially a suspect.  And the man who ascended to the seat would be prime.  LJH being the sole survivor in the bomb blast would elevate him to a messianic status.  He’s pretty much the only one in the eyes of the public who doesn’t need an alibi?  He wouldn’t exactly be top of the suspect list which means he’s already got a leg up in the eyes of the public to get the top job.  He’s the most trustworthy of the 3.  Neither the lady chief the Opposition Party nor PMJ have that luxury.  The public would want to know why they weren’t there at the meeting.

I sort of feel like because they deliberately have this other faceless figure in the background, he’s the mastermind behind it all.  So he wants the power and clout but he wants someone he can manipulate like a puppet.  The deceased President for all his faults seemed to be a decent man.  He was loved by his staff.  But somewhere along the way, he caved and sacrificed his morals.  He seemed to have enemies?  That conversation with Secretary Han about the popularity poll seemed to hint at something amiss.  Anyway to pin the bombing on a faceless madman (maybe chaebol?) is probably the most diplomatic solution for Dramaland.  The other 2 players in the power struggle want power (LJH and the lady Opposition Leader) so that is their weakness to exploit.  PMJ’s weakness is his family.  He would give anything up for them.  Like Jack Ryan.  Threaten his family and chances are he will cave.  Looking forward to next few episodes. :D

@triplem I haven’t watched yet. I just based my guesses from the Preview. :lol:.  I can’t stream live for cable channels. I have to rely on Netflix. So i will watch tonight. 

Although just reading the spoiler above I am a tad suspicious as to how they missed finding LJH the sole survivor when they combed through the site initially?  Did he plant himself there post explosion?  :ph34r:  Maybe too radical a thought :lol:.  Too much espionage on my mind 

3 hours ago, mel22 said:

love the speechwriter aka Kim Nam Wook, BH Chief Han and Cha Young Jin (the BH secretary).  Am still guessing where their loyalties lie.  

After watching the episode 3, despite his words, I think YJ is almost ready to give his loyalty to MJ. 

I believe YJ character info said he wants to be a kingmaker. YJ sees potential in MJ and likes the fact that MJ is a good guy. He just needs MJ to become politically ambitious. YJ is MJ's serpent, the knowledge and ambition.

He will probably give his loyalty to MJ in next episode. 

JS's loyalty seems to be always to the late president. But he likes MJ and knows that YJ likes MJ too. So he did what he did in episode 3, which will help MJ and also will help YJ to fully give his loyalty to MJ.

NW, I don't know. Perhaps he will give his loyalty to MJ in next episode. 

I like how now that MJ's era begins, the talented younger generation are taking over the Blue House. 

i REALLY want to see LJH in melodrama after seeing the end of tonight's episode. he often (not always) get to play richard simmons bags thus he rarely gets to shoot sleeping scene (or faints) because i think it doesn't fit the role. i mean, HE LOOKS SO FINE WITH HIS EYES SHUT IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. even heo jun ho is playing a sick good guy after his creepy as heck harabeoji in come and hug me!!!!!

Just watched Ep3.  If there’s any romance happening, it looks like lady reporter and N Korean defector Speech Writer (NamWook) :lol:.  She looks kinda besotted.  And their verbal foreplay sizzled.  :wub: 

NW Ms Woo’s performance depends on her questions and my performance depends on my silence. (Wowza.  You go NamWook!  Snag her with your wit.)

I was sad that Secretary Han sacrifices himself to prove a point.  He’s established the point that PMJ does want that power but only if it will achieve the ends that align with his core beliefs and he has the gumption to carry it through to the end (proven by his sacking of Secretary Han).  His sacking has also inadvertently aligned the loyalties of the rest of the staff with PMJ.  Now all that remains is whether CYJ’s prediction is right about PMJ.  He believed the deceased President was a good man too, but he ended up being corrupted by the power he had.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely.  So his rather cynical assessment (that you may as well just side with whoever has power anyway because ultimately it’s not goodness that wins, it’s power) may soften with PMJ if PMJ stands by his moral code regardless.

Minor note : I find it strange that the lady in custody died of Cushing’s Disease (Netflix sub).  More than likely she died of the opposite disorder Addison’s Disease where a lack of meds can result in fatality. Sorry my medical mind can’t switch off - probably why I find it very hard to watch Hospital or medical dramas that aren’t true to life. :lol:

EDIT - did anyone think it odd they filmed the cat in that chase scene with the cable set up guy?  I mean why?  Sorry I just thought it was odd. So random? :huh:  Maybe PD was like O look, the cat wants a cameo...let’s oblige :lol:

Other things I liked about the Episode.  I liked that PMJ pulled his son up for disrespect instead of just letting him get away with it.  I also liked that they didn’t sugarcoat the reality of raising a sullen teenage boy by having him respond to his dad positively after that heart to heart in his room.  The poor man was looking for a fist pump shake but was met with nonchalance.  Someone mentioned that at least he “connected” with his son (via the WiFi password - :lol: pun intended ).  The little girl is darling - all rainbows and unicorns. :wub:  You can tell JJH is a dad for real, he doesn’t miss a beat when talking to his little girl.  Awww... :wub:

Episode 2 was decent enough and JJH... well, what can I say... he's very believable in the role of the inexperienced commander-in-chief who is groping around in the dark. :D The poor man was terrified and completely out of his element. He certainly looked the part of the little lost boy in a room full of seasoned bureaucrats which I imagine he's been called to do. Heh. But I am surprised that he seemed clueless about how to run a committee meeting and bringing things to order. Does KAIST not have team meetings etc? All that was essentially was a team meeting... a high stakes one sure... but still a team meeting. My suspicion is that they're overplaying the newbie shtick a bit much just to make his development (in all probability) all the greater. ;) 

The sunk N.Korean submarine took me back to Hunt for Red October (loved the film more than the book actually). The parallels were I thought quite compelling. Both PMJ and Jack Ryan (fresh faces with certain skill sets) came up with hypotheses that were plausible but still something of a gamble. In this instance it was designed to use PMJ's own science-maths background so that he's not a complete waste of oxygen in the war room. However, contrary to what Secretary Han said, I don't think that it all luck. Okay, there wasn't a high great of certainty that the N.Korean sub had sunk but there was some evidence that it had. Also everyone had laboured under the assumption that the N.Koreans were preparing for combat. Based on what? On the one hand, they didn't take responsibility for it and they had been part of a peace negotiation process. Was that all bluff? No one could be certain of that. Certainly, there were arguments on all sides that made sense so there was always a gamble whatever route they took. My husband likened it to a process of putting pieces of the puzzle together and that's what PMJ was basically attempting to do.

My thinking about the bombing of the National Assembly is that it's some kind of false flag operation. There are hints of it here and there indicating that. 

I'm going to wait tonight to watch the episode 3 but reading everyone's comments about yesterday episode I think 3 was good episode. 

I have to watch the episode  3 before  I can be sure if this going to follow the original plot. 

Did PJM say that he wanted to be president after the 60 days? 

18 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Also everyone had laboured under the assumption that the N.Koreans were preparing for combat. Based on what?

The movement of the submarine pre-emptively into South Korean waters.  A sub with nukes in it.  South Korea was justifiably nervous.  North Korea may be coming to the table for peace talks but it’s never been smooth sailing.  They are a loose cannon.  Mistrust abounds from previous failed peace talk attempts.  A bit like China now with Taiwan and all the posturing happening in the South China Sea.  Communist regimes are notoriously difficult to negotiate with.

22 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But I am surprised that he seemed clueless about how to run a committee meeting and bringing things to order. Does KAIST not have team meetings etc? All that was essentially was a team meeting... a high stakes one sure... but still a team meeting

They (KAIST) probably did.  But talking his talk, science jargon.  So he would be completely at ease there talking about data, facts, environmental impact studies.  Here they were throwing things at him that he would’ve had very little context or confidence in. Political speak, state of the economy, bank collapse, mass panic.  He was out of his depth.  Where should he even start?  And he’s never struck me as a man to step up unless his moral convictions are challenged.  So he would just sit stunned and bewildered much of the time.  He doesn’t lead unless forced to by circumstance or morally.  From his standpoint everyone else in that room was so much more qualified than he was so it didn’t strike me odd that he just sat there until Secretary Han took charge and ordered everyone out.

28 minutes ago, joccu said:

Did PMJ say that he wanted to be president after the 60 days?

No he seems to be of the opinion that he’s just a seat warmer.  Although after Ep3, when he pushed forward with the executive order, he pretty much deposed Mayor Kang and put his hand up howbeit reluctantly to being the Presidential candidate for the Majority (Ruling) party.  

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

he pretty much deposed Mayor Kang 

Yeah, i think Kang is still the mayor. But MJ reminded Kang who's in charge. Well, MJ reminded everyone who's in charge. 

Archived