[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Script reading . Seems like LJH was not there but they showed his cuts after JJH

Explanation by Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/the-players-line-up-on-the-chess-board-in-tvns-designated-survivor-60-days/

The players line up on the chess board in tvN’s Designated Survivor: 60 Days

by tipsymocha

designatedsurvivor-teaser6510.jpg

I love a good what-if story, and I’m excited to see if tvN’s Designated Survivor can live up to the high stakes of its story. This cast certainly has my expectations way up, with Ji Jin-hee (Misty), Lee Jun-hyuk (Are You Human Too), Heo Jun-ho (Kingdom), and Bae Jong-ok (Live) leading an impressive ensemble cast. All four feature in the second teaser released for the show, and I’m looking forward to watching all of them on the small screen come July. 

The teaser begins by following three individuals from behind as they hurriedly walk to their destination. In voice-over, an anchorman informs the public that there has been a terrorist bombing at the National Assembly while the President was addressing the legislature, and goes on to haltingly say that the building as collapsed. We see Bae Jong-ok, playing the opposition party leader, being told by her bodyguard of the news that the National Assembly has exploded.

Lee Jun-hyuk’s character is curiously a member of the National Assembly who ran as an independent. I’m looking forward to know how he becomes a key figure in this story, especially because most of the major players hold prominent positions in the government. He is told by an aide that there is a “sole survivor,” as Heo Jun-ho, who plays the Korean equivalent of the Chief of Staff, informs a room full of officials of the President’s death.

The screen turns to the President’s office and a terrified-looking Ji Jin-hee, playing the Minister of Environment who suddenly finds himself as acting head-of-state. The teaser ends with quick shots of the burning National Assembly, Ji Jin-hee’s character’ signature on the document naming him President, and a chess board with all our main players’ faces taped to the pieces.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:23 AM, Lawyerh said:

evil looking this good.... take me to the darkness anytime :love:

Joining you :mrgreen::joy:

updated by his agency 

27 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hi @triplem

How are you dear? It's been a while.

LJH... of course yesh... Ji Jin Hee's not bad too. ;) tvN is usually good value. Definitely looking forward to it. 

Gotta love a man in uniform...

All's good. Missed reading your posts. Have you seen the American version ?

Yup , LJH in uniform - my fangirl dream come true :lol:

Ji Jin-hee is sworn in as president in Designated Survivor: 60 Days

by tineybeanie

des60surv5.jpg

In high-stakes political-thriller drama Designated Survivor: 60 Days, bookish professor-turned-Minister of Environment Ji Jin-hee (Misty) suddenly becomes the temporary President of Korea when a terror attack on the National Assembly wipes out all the higher ranking officials in the line of succession. For better or for worse, people are looking up to him to lead them through this crisis, at least for the next sixty days.

In the newly released teaser, we get to see the moment when Heo Jun-ho (Kingdom) declares Ji Jin-hee to be the President of the Republic of Korea. Still in plain civilian clothing, Ji Jin-hee shows his confusion and dismay clearly through his expression. A 360-revolving shot captures his change into the role of president, with him wearing a poker-face and a suit. He narrates as a chess piece with a photo on it is knocked out of place, “A country that has lost its president. One remaining survivor. Designated Survivor: 60 Days.” Will he be able to protect his family and his country?

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/ji-jin-hee-is-sworn-in-as-president-in-designated-survivor-60-days/

13 hours ago, triplem said:

Have you seen the American version ?

Yup , LJH in uniform - my fangirl dream come true :lol:

No I haven't seen the US version. Only so many hours in a day... and there are far too many dramas out there. ;) 

Is LJH playing a baddie in this? I don't mind if he plays a character akin to the one in Stranger but less weasley. :P

Good news that Netflix is subbing it. It means I can watch it properly and even rope the husband into watching it with me. He likes these kinds of political-military type dramas as well.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Designated Survivor 60 days, 60일, 지정생존자 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Premieres on July 1st
9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

LJH playing a baddie in this? I don't mind if he plays a character akin to the one in Stranger but less weasley. :P

I read somewhere that he’s  suppose to be JJH’s rival . I have not seen the American version either but this is what I found 

https://www.businessinsider.my/netflix-is-releasing-its-korean-remake-of-designated-survivor-in-july/amp/

Spoiler

Like the original version starring Keifer Sutherland, the South Korean adaptation tells the story of a politician, who ascends from the position of Minister of Environment to President, after an explosion at the National Assembly kills everyone in the Cabinet who is ahead of him in terms of the presidential succession.

Actor Ji Jin-hee, who is best known for his roles in period dramas Dong Yi and Daejanggeum or Jewel in the Palace, will play the main role.

The show will also star Lee Joon-hyuk as an independent lawmaker, and Heo Joon-ho as  the Chief Presidential Secretary.

tvn update ... @jongski with or without uniform ? :D  @Lawyerh @screwdila

The cast introduces their characters/ story & BTS for the poster photoshoot . 

@joonminfan hope you’ll be able to join us here ! 

It doesn't sound like LJH's character is an outright villain and that's good. I loved him so much as the straight arrow in A Poem a Day although he was equally fantastic in Stranger. 

He will certainly give JJH a run for his money. ;)

I hope this show ends better for JJH than Misty did. I don't have nightmares over that... but there's still a pang or two of disappointment about how that show wrapped up.

27 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It doesn't sound like LJH's character is an outright villain and that's good. I loved him so much as the straight arrow in A Poem a Day although he was equally fantastic in Stranger. 

He will certainly give JJH a run for his money. ;)

I hope this show ends better for JJH than Misty did. I don't have nightmares over that... but there's still a pang or two of disappointment about how that show wrapped up.

I don’t mind him (LJH ) being a little grey but not so smarmy like in Stranger  ( though his character in APAD is still my favourite :D ) . 

More info from https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/designated-survivor-60-days-netflix-drama/

Titled Designated Survivor: 60 Days, the remake stars actor Ji Jin Hee (Jewel in the Palace) in another challenging role. Following the narrative of the original series but giving a more Korean feel, the drama will tell the story of a scientist turned politician who inadvertently becomes the President of South Korea. 

Park Moo Jin holds the position of Minister of Environment. He is having a hard time fitting in the world of politics. An unfortunate incident will make him the country’s President.

An explosion in the National Assembly decimates the members of the Cabinet, and as next in line in the Presidential succession, he assumes the post for 60 days. Although lacking in experience and hesitant to do the job, Park Moo Jin will try to uncover the truth and motive behind the incident.

Lee Joon Hyuk who starred in the highly-acclaimed TV drama Strangerjoined Ji Jin Hee in the cast. He plays Oh Young Seok, a charming independent legislator who is also full of confidence and brimming with energy. His personality is an extreme contrast to Park Moo Jin’s.

Designated Survivor: 60 Days introduced a new character unique to the Korean adaptation. Actor Heo Joon Ho (KingdomCome and Hug Me) portrays the role of Han Joo Seung, the Chief Presidential Secretary. He is a man who is very calm and collected. His tendency to separate private and public matters will create tension between him and the interim President.

Kim Tae Hee (Sungkyunkwan ScandalBeautiful Mind) wrote the script of the upcoming political-thriller drama. Meanwhile, director Yoo Jong Sun (What’s Wrong with Secretary KimDescendants of the Sun) is in charge of the directing duties.

Designated Survivor: 60 days is set to premiere on July 1 on tvN at 9:30 PM KST. The series will also be available in Asia Pacific countries, except Japan (10:30 PM SGT) and English territories (July 1 at 7:30 AM PDT) through Netflix, an hour after its Korean broadcast.  The Japanese broadcast will be on August 21 at 4:00 PM JST.

Archived