[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

31 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I even don't trust the security agent with PMJ. It seems he is also involved or I am thinking too much..:huh:

Yeah I’m with you. The camera pans in on his facial expressions too much :lol:.  If he wasn’t involved somehow, he’d just be an expressionless black figure in the background.

Spoiler

Ep 10

I am convinced now Advisor Han is one of the Terror cell (VIP maybe?).  VIP is not OYS.  His PTSD buddies are part of the cell wanting a “new Korea”.  I get the feeling the shot in the end was supposed to be for OYS?  But somehow because of Agent Han’s intervention TaeIk shot PMJ instead.  SJ should’ve trusted her instincts, Cha’s a good guy.  Despite the voice recording she got, it was highly likely Sec Han issued the order to remove the DCCS (?) general from the file reveal.  Cha (innocent) was just carrying out the directive by Sec Han.  As usual Cha sizzled in his role.  His banter with SJ about the date was...sigh... :wub:.  Looks like she will have to swallow her pride next time and do the asking coz he won’t ask a third time. :lol:

Preview for those who can’t view the link above - was it OYS or PMJ who got hit?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, triplem said:

Cha - Why are you grateful to find out I’m a good person ?......Are you confessing your feelings to me now ( I think I just died here :love:

:wub: :lol:  He’s so subtle.  I love him.  

3 hours ago, pompyavi said:

I even don't trust the security agent with PMJ. It seems he is also involved or I am thinking too much..:huh:

Same... there must be a reason the camera focus him way too much. Like he was in focus when the one talking is the President amd Kim Jun Oh. 

I think the voice recording of Sec Cha is just to confused us. Now I am kinda sure the mastermind is either Chief Sec Han or OYS or the tailor. (I am more incline towards the tailor). I hope we can get a clearer answer by next week. I am kinda sad that Agent Kim was dead to early. I am kinda happy he is alive and could help the president to find the mastermind.... 

3 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

think the voice recording of Sec Cha is just to confused us.

Yeah.  Sec Han was his superior then.  Cha wouldn’t have been able to make that big a call on his own.  Sec Han would’ve been the one to tell him to make that call.  Cha was just the messenger boy.

Spoiler

Think is PMJ got shot cuz in American version. during the swearing in of American version of OYS, Kirkland was wounded as well

Bet OYS gonna make some decision which benefit him and his group

Sec Cha got suspected is also quite parallel to American version when Aaron (American Sec Cha) got suspected by Emily (American Jung).

I could not find any parallel comparison of Sec Han, so this is where it get interesting. What is he aiming for and whether he is good or bad.

Gonna post in spoiler as I am making some comparison between both versions, just in case some of you were not interested.

Wow.. reading all of your conspiration theories guys, awesome it's adding more curiosity and intensity while watching. I am not good enough at describing my thought, so i will give likes to support this thread.

I am watching eps 9 and 10 back to back. Netflix so fast at updating new eps, maybe it's only 2 hours differences with Korean airtime. 

Eps 9 kinda slow and focused on PMJ and wife back story and their son, but in last 10 minutes, the pace is getting intense again since OYS's appeareance. And eps10 was so thrilling with all action, reveal facts, and confusing acts from the people. I can't read them... it was so frustating.

Soo.. do you think president PMJ was shoot guys? I am gasping at the ending becoz there's no preview of eps 11 at Netflix :crazy: glad i found the link from this thread. :D

Uugh how supposed to wait for another week..

Here is Ji jin hee's ig update, he was watching eps9 with some castsmate. :wub:

32 minutes ago, ryanallright said:
  Hide contents

Think is PMJ got shot cuz in American version. during the swearing in of American version of OYS, Kirkland was wounded as well

Bet OYS gonna make some decision which benefit him and his group

Sec Cha got suspected is also quite parallel to American version when Aaron (American Sec Cha) got suspected by Emily (American Jung).

I could not find any parallel comparison of Sec Han, so this is where it get interesting. What is he aiming for and whether he is good or bad.

Gonna post in spoiler as I am making some comparison between both versions, just in case some of you were not interested.

Hi, thanks for the spoiler

Spoiler

I only watches a few ep. If I recall correctly

OYS- has a wife who is also the accomplice. So it might be changing to tailor? Btw the military boys must be in league with Oh

Cha role -he is def going to be suspected. But how long is he going to be away from this role? Bcos there is no one else as competent as him excluding Han in this vers and:

Han- the true boss is the CEO right in US vers? And Han seems to be suspect due to the call to call centre and I think Park Dae starts to suspect him. 

In addition - law differences  in US vs SK. A person must resign to run for presidency in 10 days. I guess Park Dae master stroke is to resign to run as candidate (forced card), forcing Oh to become President so Oh couldnt run next term. Park is deceptively smart this EP, preventing Oh to have too much power this EP.

Btw I wrote that tumblr as there are no recaps at all!

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Yeah.  Sec Han was his superior then.  Cha wouldn’t have been able to make that big a call on his own.  Sec Han would’ve been the one to tell him to make that call.  Cha was just the messenger boy.

exactly. and the secret code is written in Sec Han organizer. I think he ask he purposely ask Cha to make the call so that he will be the suspect. This drama is so good but it's sad not many following it so I cannot get extra insights on social media

11 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

As for Sec Cha , love that lines! Think we will see our chimaek date as they keep hyping it up. TVN you better make it awesome!!

“There won’t be a third time”. :wub:

He’s so cool.  He’s so not your shy retiring type.  Full of self confidence and cocky.  I like that he leaves it at that.  It means even if she rebuffs him, he knows they’re still colleagues and have to work closely together.  No hard feelings. It wouldn’t do if he got all moody and upset.  That would make it awkward.  They were both adults and they behaved like adults.

7 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

exactly. and the secret code is written in Sec Han organizer. I think he ask he purposely ask Cha to make the call so that he will be the suspect. This drama is so good but it's sad not many following it so I cannot get extra insights on social media

I was thinking of he ask the call operator to manipulate the recording but this is very plausible too. Cha wants a king maker and he wont throwaway that  opportunity

5 minutes ago, nrllee said:

“There won’t be a third time”. :wub:

He’s so cool.  He’s so not your shy retiring type.  Full of self confidence and cocky.  I like that he leaves it at that.  It means even if she rebuffs him, he knows they’re still colleagues and have to work closely together.  No hard feelings. It wouldn’t do if he got all moody and upset.  That would make it awkward.  They were both adults and they showed it.

I love that he grins so much when she say yes and move forward the date! He is so pleased that the attraction is mutual and he is not afraid to show more interest afterwards. So straightforward. Cha is such a scene stealer and I will hate that if this debacle wasnt solved next week. 

The so-called family scandal was... at the end of the day a non-scandal. Though I'm thankful it wasn't a full blown piece of makjang, the only reason for even having that particular non-event steal oxygen from the show was to confirm PMJ's street creds as a thoroughly decent human being. Which we already knew anyway. ;) So he's not easily tempted... although to my mind, there wasn't much to be tempted about. In the end it was easily resolved by the inimitable Secretary Cha and no one's conscience was disturbed. In the short term. And the Parks can play around the elephant in the room until birth dad asks for more money again. Of course we got the ho-hum political posturing from the usual quarters which probably came as no great surprise to anybody not living under a rock.

To me Cha Young Jin is the real star of the show. I think everyone thinks it. YCK knows it, Mayor Kang knows it, JSJ knows and now even OYS knows it. Everyone maybe except PMJ. :P

It's so adorable and delightful that he caught on to the subtext in JSJ's thank you so quickly. But it's par for the course for a man who deals almost entirely in subtext. ;)

I don't for one single minute believe he's the one who made the decision to revoke General Lee's security clearance. The audio file playback was calculated to cause JSJ to jump to that conclusion so she won't have beer and chicken with him until Episode 16. What better way to snuff out a budding romance than to make one party suspicious of the other. What's also really hilarious is that the press secretary was trying to hit on her. Kdramaland and their love triangles... sheesh...

Anyway the press secretary might be better off hobnobbing with that journalist Ms Woo. :P

O Young Seok spends a lot of time at that tailor shop getting fitted and dressed. Like a beautiful puppet. Yeah, he may be part of the conspiracy but he's definitely not the Top Dog. The mystery VIP would be, I imagine.

Really felt for Agent Han in these last 2 episodes. She thought her man was dead and then when she found out he wasn't, he reappeared only to die in her arms. Still he did his thing... lived long enough to pass on crucial information to PMJ to get him investigating the Blue House. And saved her from blowing up in smoke.

Episode 10 was good... Loads of stuff coming together. Didn't realise it was an extra long one until I was thinking to myself... "wow... there's more?"

Special Advisor to the President Han JooSeung has written record of the File number OP 5015-18 in is log diary for the day the call was made to revoke Commander Lee Gwang-Muk's security clearance. Lee Gwang-Muk is too radical and too loud to the liking of SA Han it seems at the time the Secretary Cha made that call. But why do I feel that SA Han has seen this file already and he did not want any of the radical elements of Yang Jinman government see this file.

I don't think he is the mastermind on one hand but on the other hand I feel he is. Why did he not share information with Acting President Myunjae after he found the file has been recovered. Maybe he is playing dumb so that the mastermind don't suspect him.

Maybe Commander Gwang-Muk talked with a higher up because they revoked his clearance and that person might be the mastermind after being made aware of this file.

Secretay Jeong mentioned that the now Special Advisor Han and Ch. Sec Cha shared the same phone when this event happened. Could the call somehow be doctored to sound like Ch.Sec. Cha by a third party.  The camera panning at him like that too many times has made me distrust the point of view of the camera and I'm saying the mastermind is not Ch.Sec. Cha

-----------------------

Now the tailor guy wearing specs has made me really curious about him with his allegorical badger and rat  terms . He told OYS that he will be the biggest beneficiary after the investiture of ministers event. I kinda felt forewarned after that.

------------

After watching the preview I feel that Pres PMJ was shot the second time coz Agent HNG could not shoot down the killer because of the window and because she was taken down to the ground!

thank you for all the inputs! I just love this drama so much and fell in love with secretary Cha! I actually love all the secretaries, different personalities and hoping all of them will love our acting president Park. No traitor please, it will break my heart big time!

Aaah Kim Juno!!!:bawling: You died a hero!

I could not comment on my previous post coz I had to run an errand suddenly! But what was I going to say....!

---------------------------

Sorry I spoiled my self and someone mentioned that episode 11 is named Acting President Oh Young Seok. So how do I feel about that after I saw that preview ending is .. on one hand bad on the other hand good!! Now I will spoiler it.

Spoiler

I feel that scene at the end of the preview shows Park Dae covered with a black cloth and carried to the hospital heavily guarded. I can't think of any other personnel being brought to the hospital and the hospital going on full alert like this unless it's a major disastrous event! if it was OYS it won't be that much heavily guarded. This is my humble opinion.

Somehow Park Dae will have to step down due to something major but then he can announce he is running for presidency after recuperating!! So Acting President OYS will be checkmated!!! And Yun depuyonim will be amazed and coughing!!!

PS: I hope Ch.Sec. Cha's office romance don't get awkward or get dashed to the ground. I hope when all is said and done they show that they go on that chicken beer date!!

Namwook's attempt trying to woo Secretary Jeong is also hilarious! Has he realized he's lost already!!!

Spoiler

To me Cha Young Jin is the real star of the show. I think everyone thinks it. YCK knows it, Mayor Kang knows it, JSJ knows and now even OYS knows it. Everyone maybe except PMJ. :P

It's so adorable and delightful that he caught on to the subtext in JSJ's thank you so quickly. But it's par for the course for a man who deals almost entirely in subtext. ;)

I don't for one single minute believe he's the one who made the decision to revoke General Lee's security clearance. The audio file playback was calculated to cause JSJ to jump to that conclusion so she won't have beer and chicken with him until Episode 16. What better way to snuff out a budding romance than to make one party suspicious of the other. What's also really hilarious is that the press secretary was trying to hit on her. Kdramaland and their love triangles... sheesh...

Son Seok Koo is the main star of the show along with Ji Jin Hee. His performance is so unique and so good, and I am quite sure he is not the mastermind nor a part of the bombing due to:

1) Although he is part of trusted staff of Yang, he does not have the highest authority back then, and not even prior Han's dismissal.

2) Doesnt fit his MO. Cha has been shown, with or without any people around him, that he idolise Yang and his beliefs. He rejected the very capable Yun due to rather harsh beliefs on NK, nor the always dirty tactics of Kang. He can and is quite willing to play dirty but not low as even Kang's level

3)The call centre operator panics and call Han immediately afte Sec Jeong calls her. If Cha is the mastermind or part of it, this would be played out immediately.

4) Han take action after the call, with the secret code in his diary. Additionally, I think Cha and Jeong was observed by him when Jeong excuses herself saying she has work.

5) his motivation is finding a good man as President. Bombing doesnt give him that.

I am sure its a red herring.

But I will be annoyed if it drags out too long. The writer did have the habit of resolving in odd numbered episodes so lets see. Would love your thoughts.

From a scriptwriting perspective I think Park will be running for President but how you made a reluctant man to run for President? There are several possibilities:

1) Cha persuade him to run via lots of talks - less convincing from a writing perspective so we need EXTERNAL rather than internal factors

2) The only possible way I could see Park running for it is that he has no alternatives. Basically, under the threat of Oh running for president, he has to get the lesser evil choice of two- resigns and making Oh the effective President. That way Oh has only 30-40 days to run as President and limit the damage. And he cant run as actual President afterwards.

So  I feel that if Sec Cha resigns etc, he could run as his campaign manager.

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

There you go @jenappelle officially HOT. :lol:  And we’re past page 20

Yep, lets cook it, cook it until HOTTTTT. I am so happy we reached 5.9% thank you @triplem

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

I took the liberty of taking a screenshot of the YouTube video of the Preview.  I think @sn2111a is right.  PMJ was the one shot. :tears: OYS is the guy in the dark blue/navy suit?  

My thoughts exactly! Also OYS eyes was not glazed enough when he tried to hold Park Dae!  He looked as if something unbelievable happened. I feel he did not even know that Park Dae was going to be taken down. The mastermind is the mastermind for a reason after all I guess, lol! He don't want OYS credibility be questioned. IS OYS still following orders like when he was in the military/navy without questioning the mastermind!!

Archived