[Drama 2019] Designated Survivor : 60 Days, 60일, 지정생존자

0ly40

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sn2111a said:

Ouh finally, is his wife's affair(??)  and Siwan's biological father gonna be revealed? Wanna know how they even got married if that's all possible!!

Yeah, cause they wouldn't shown the scene of Siwan accidentally knocking the bag of his mother and saw her with another man while preganant.  I would want this drama free of any personal scandal  because I want focus on the main  story line given to us which is the bombing and who could be suspects and more action and mystery.

It's all planned. The bombing, To OYS going to the bomb shelter, the accident to Agent Han, the whistle blower (could've been given money hence) everyone's question.. who's the mastermind of it all Trying to shake the foundation of Korean political system? Wanting a change of governance doing it the wrong evil way. It's sombody with authority and knows eveything. Lets keep guessing my soompier friends.

Someone asked when PMJ married his Wife.  I don’t think anyone knows.  But here’s screenshots to the photo that SiWan found.

First one is a pic of the man

0-CA901-FB-984-E-451-D-BB59-7-E7-EAE711-

Next one is well they look like they are celebrating?  A little outfit for their future Son?  And she’s definitely pregnant.

82893-B36-9-ADE-40-A8-A698-3-EBDD6-D56-C

And the last is a date 2005?  16 March?  

FACCE8-CE-A5-FE-4770-BB9-E-865-E20-A6745

Spoiler

21162-ADC-1-F95-44-C6-A24-F-10-D6-F43-ED

So assuming it’s 2019 now (in the drama), the character brief for SiWan on the tVN page (see pic in spoiler) is that he is 15yo?  And his Sister is 7yo.  So he would’ve been born 2004?  She’s pregnant and photo says 2005? That doesn’t compute??  Unless they got his age wrong in the character profile page?  Or she’s like me and never bothered to correct the date/time in the camera settings :lol:.  He would’ve been born already when that pic was taken? Curiouser and curiouser...

EDIT - age could be right because don’t Koreans calculate their ages differently to Westerners?  Like they add a year or something?  I remember trying to work out how old actors/actresses were and sometimes they use Korean age and others they use actual Western age.  If so, then he’d be 15 Korean age and 14 Western.  Which means his birthday would’ve been in 2005 so it would fit. 

I was really hoping that Siwan was wrong in his presumption that the photo of mum and mysterious man was some hidden unspeakable truth. I was imagining that they'd all pat him on the head and say... "You silly little boy. You let your imagination run wild"... and everyone would have a jolly good laugh over it. 

Sigh... I guess it wouldn't be a K drama if we didn't have a birth secret. Dang it! I thought this was a political drama, not a weekend makjang.

I read the wiki of the American show and they even had this makjang element in that show of the birth secret of the first son! Now I hope they don't ruin the boys moral character while doing it. That's something that I would really hate that they adapt to this show!

The thing is why won't they give us a video of what's up for tonight on YouTube so we can discuss a bit more. Usually I find Agent HNG links on twitter as I follow Fantagio ent. But it takes me to naver and I can't watch it coz it says country not allowed!

https://twitter.com/COCONUT_revise/status/1155745504963153920?s=20

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0fRjx5lbZC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

edit: why is it just showing as links???:unsure:

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

I read the wiki of the American show and they even had this makjang element in that show of the birth secret of the first son! 

Well that’s one consolation, we can’t blame the makjang on the Koreans then. :lol:  

love the show and the message. very progressive for sk and attacking exactly what is wrong with the systems that are set up. there's something about it i just love. probably because i love dramas about justice or whatever LOL and i am glad we get an unflinching PMJ in a sea of power disguised as helping the people. the accuracy of the political history and US involvement in SK and our us-sk relations and lust for imperialism is great, too.

can someone explain something to me though. the conversation with the head of the NSA (or whatever their security equivalent is called sorry) being at the bespoke boutique. i don't think it's the translations but i need a bigger picture because i didn't understand a word of it.

correct me if im wrong but here's what we have so far:

president is a good president but gets swept up in politics/numbers (btw, this is a direct reflection of leaders who are seen as political innovators and leaders of change but then became complacent. very interesting nod to those in the past.) every1 dies or whatever (lol sry rip)

PMJ comes in (this might have been purposeful! that whole scene in the beginning with the TERRIBLE trade deal and it being implied he intentionally did what he did--correct?)

um all this stuff happens everyone is insane he's tryna just be a normal human being. his staff is doing their best they fight they're all human and they're changing. one of the staff betrays the cabinet heavily...now, i need help to understand this. he was giving information to the majority party (not the current party in power) for job security correct? if he stayed 4 terms it is very likely all of them knew his deception and grifter nature.

han-mo turns himself in. a bunch of stuff happens with na kyung and her computer bae (LOL) and we still dont know the truth about her dead ex.

oys is a weirdo....all the info we know is the bunker, a survivor, survivor's guilt, and anger towards both parties as non-imperialists and imperialists? his monologues to me are so loopy because i do not agree with his position but is he angry because he felt like he and his soldiers were ignored and bargained for instead of protected? 

so my questions are what the hell the scene at the end of ep 8 was (boutique), the role of the nsa head, oys goal (def not alone), and the nonparty cabinet (this is one i really need help with) isn't something i'm familiar with at all as an american. they said that greece did this (funnily enough there's an interview with a greek politician giving the US advice on how  to not get stuck in this era of terrible) when they wanted to solve the economic crisis. they do this to make sure that the vote is fair? i'm unclear. and why didn't the others want it to happen at first? 

these are my biggest questions. not as much the mystery just the logistics cos i do not get outside of the US detailed politics x___x

(starting ep 9 rn)

37 minutes ago, disembody said:

so my questions are what the hell the scene at the end of ep 8 was (boutique), the role of the nsa head, oys goal (def not alone), and the nonparty cabinet (this is one i really need help with) isn't something i'm familiar with at all as an american. they said that greece did this (funnily enough there's an interview with a greek politician giving the US advice on how  to not get stuck in this era of terrible) when they wanted to solve the economic crisis. they do this to make sure that the vote is fair? i'm unclear. and why didn't the others want it to happen at first? 

I will just answer your biggest question.  The others you can probably gather by scouring through the past pages.

I think the Bespoke Tailor shop is their terror cell (for want of a better word) HQ.  They are all chess pieces which one mastermind VIP moves to achieve their new world.  The cell needed key people in all areas of Parliament and other Sub Departments to monitor/act as moles (and cover up the bombing and blame it all on North Korea).  So they needed

1. Advisor Han (ex Sec).  Right next to the President

2. OYS - future poster boy and figure head for President.  The one most likely to win votes.  Plus he’s a soldier so he wouldn’t hesitate being in the building when the bomb goes off.

3. The NIS head.  They would be investigating the bombing, he needs to ensure the heat stays on North Korea.  Unfortunately for him, HanMo and Agent Han kept him in the dark about their investigation of OYS.

4. Chief Advisor to Assemblywoman Yun.  They needed someone in the Opposition party as well to cover all bases.  Actually remember how he was sitting in the hospital with OYS after the bombing.  A fact I glossed over till now :huh:

5. Henchmen to do the dirty work like TaeIk (kill Myung, pretend Policemen for accident with Agent Han), the guy who measured the suits.

Question is who is the VIP?  Is it some random person who hasn’t even appeared yet (someone intimated that in the US version it was some random guy).  Or is he one of the above?

Anyway the conversation was a tad cryptic with the NIS Head and the Tailor.  The gist of it is that there’s a VIP who controls all the pieces but he keeps the pieces in the “dark” as it were.  They are all part of a cause but the VIP only tells them enough for them to work in their capacities.  So the NIS head was grumbling about how he didn’t even know who was on which side, and he’s never met the VIP, so obviously he’s somewhere down the ladder and doesn’t need to know anymore than is necessary.  This makes sense because it means if the people down below get caught, they don’t know enough to incriminate higher ups and they can regroup at a later time by recruiting others.  The Tailor then throws more questions at the audience because he goes down the lift and meets OYS who is looking at his painting.  He seems to suggest that OYS is the VIP because he tells him that the NIS head wants to meet him...but he replies with that light/dark reference, implying that it’s a needs to know basis and the NIS head doesn’t need to know everything (stays in the dark) to get his job done.  I didn’t catch the bit about Greece.  Maybe someone can explain that better.

55 minutes ago, nrllee said:

He seems to suggest that OYS is the VIP because he tells him that the NIS head wants to meet him...but he replies with that light/dark reference, implying that it’s a needs to know basis and the NIS head doesn’t need to know everything (stays in the dark) to get his job done.  I didn’t catch the bit about Greece.  Maybe someone can explain that better.

just gonna quote a snippet but thanks so much for the reply. the greece part wasn't important they were just explaining what a nonparty cabinet was and used greece as an example. i googled it but i just could not understand. i think it's basically a non partisan party so everyone can decide the fairest way to advise on the next step (in this case the presidential election.) i just didn't understand the logistics of it. i guess they investigated who the most upstanding people in each party were? like the whole process i was mad confused then oys being appointed i was like que....

as for the rest thank you so much that clears it up. i thought so about the cell but was unsure. i would really like to know more about the motivation. also thanks for the detailed list but i am not sure about han? as in i don't think he would be involved like this. i feel like everything we have so far speaks to the opposite of that since he's been clear on intention. good catch about the secretary!

also this tailor dude man.....i don't find the show frustrating because of us being left in the dark (unlike another show i am currently watching lol) but even with all my historical knowledge i cannot keep up with political jargon :(

ep 9:

Spoiler

i am confused about the whistleblower. so the man who gave her (reporter) info was choe's ex. got it. but what did the whistleblower do? or was this like a double whammy. whistleblower releases info about the other men who were guilty and either a) lies about what he has on pmj or he knows but that isn't relevant or b) works with her ex? second seems more plausible.

na kyung's fiance husband whatever the heck he is....he is a spy...?? espionage team 2? they investigate....what? i guess i am jumping ahead of myself in this case lol.

oys saying pmj is basically indirectly related to the bombing makes sense since...it was intentional. i'm just confused at how jun-o set it up i guess. i dont trust him either tbh but he's good looking. also was jun-o sent to the blue house as an aide or? because it sort of implies someone somewhere knew that there was something going on? 

it takes me a while to process new information anyway and like i said i'm an impatient person hahahah im like what is going on bro....

one thing is clear they wanted to reinvent the party. at any cost. that's massive. it's crazy that it's domestic terrorism too. i am glad in the direction especially since it's similar to the source material (never saw!) and people seem to enjoy that.

the scene where si-wan says "dad....i'm your son" i cried LMAO

Ep 9 - this is getting good.  :o

Spoiler

Advisor Han is against PMJ.  He said as much to Cha.  So he didn’t orchestrate the scandal release, I was wondering why he looked disturbed the whole time, like he wasn’t happy that he wasn’t in the pilot seat and having to make it up as he went along.  JunO did it (he’s the leak of the PMJ parentage scandal) to get PMJ’s attention.  I think the fact that PMJ doesn’t play by normal political rules stumps the terror cell members and actually works in his favour.  He’s always surprising them and that’s not what they want.  They want predictable, not a loose Canon.  

Cha was so good in this Ep.  Restraint and frustration, the sexual tension between him and SooJeong :wub:.  He’s the real star in this drama.  He acts out our frustrations for us.  Our quandary, our desire for a good man to sit on the seat and yet wondering if PMJ really has the political goods/savvy to navigate the treacherous waters.  He’s thrown his hat in with PMJ (yes...I want to believe Cha is one of the good guys).

I like that they didn’t draw out the whole parentage scandal.  The backstory about PMJ and his Wife was sweet and a much needed relief valve to all the dynamics happening in the Blue House.

My main concern now is the Security Detail head...is he part of the terror cell?  Coz he’s there with PMJ and JunO at the end and he wasn’t acting like your usual deadpan security guy in the background.  He actually registered surprise when JunO revealed he was enroute to tell President Yang about the cell operating in the Blue House.  Security Detail Head also stayed back as if trying to get the “truth” from PMJ about the scandal...with the whole spiel about being about to “Keep secrets”... so suspicious.  Makes sense then if the terror cell wasn’t responsible for the scandal leak in the first place, it was a spanner in the works and they needed to know what was in play so they needed to get the truth from the horse’s mouth.  

@imgreatgal

Just a thought, why is PMJ's wife even carrying around that photo in her bag. It's kept neatly in an envelope and tucked in her bag. Who carries around photo of their old flame anyway?

I think this sort of gets revealed in Ep 9 (only in passing).  

Spoiler

Her ex was threatening to reveal all and probably sent her the photo because he was trying to get money off her?  Something to that effect?  That’s why she had it in her handbag.  It wasn’t a case of her “holding onto the memories”, he was someone she was keen to forget really from what was hinted at in the Ep.  So it was in an envelope sent to her as threat.

I just watched the mandarin sub.

Spoiler

Basically PMJ admitted that he and his wife had committed adultery when the wife is married to the man in the photo. They had Siwan together and that causes the wife to divorce with the man in the photo.

Therefore, hence this is the scandal.

But the wife claimed that is not true, the truth is she is divorced with a son before meeting PMJ. PMJ is just admitting to protect his family. 

The wife told her secretary that the ex had threaten her with the claim of Siwan been born out of wedlock due to their adultery if she do not assist him with his financial debt.

Spoiler

Agent Han's love is still alive! He told PMJ not to trust anyone in the Blue House as the plotter is in the Blue House. Means Oh is working with someone within the Blue House and Oh also mentioned what will be PMJ's reaction if he found out he is a part of the puzzle in this conspiracy plot.

More thoughts on Ep 9

Spoiler

Actually I really liked how they purposely underplay all the potentially “mushy” moments.  There is very little overt signs of intimacy or grand gestures.  Like how the romance played out between PMJ and his now Wife.  They barely touch at all.  It’s all “suggested”.  Same with the exchanges between PMJ and SiWan.  The Father-Son understanding between them once again is underplayed.  It’s all there but you need to read between the lines.  There is no soppy scene where the Son weeps and they hug... instead, there’s the conversation over breakfast, really mundane and clipped... there’s a moment shared where SiWan banters with his dad, and I like it because it’s in context (Asians don’t do the whole hugging thing or verbal affirmations comfortably, especially when you’re a teenager, so not cool :lol:).  So much unsaid but really you don’t need to say much when there’s an understanding  :wub:.  He adores his dad and he’s the only dad he knows and wants to know and that’s enough for PMJ.

44 minutes ago, nrllee said:

More thoughts on Ep 9

Hide contents

Actually I really liked how they purposely underplay all the potentially “mushy” moments.  There is very little overt signs of intimacy or grand gestures.  Like how the romance played out between PMJ and his now Wife.  They barely touch at all.  It’s all “suggested”.  Same with the exchanges between PMJ and SiWan.  The Father-Son understanding between them once again is underplayed.  It’s all there but you need to read between the lines.  There is no soppy scene where the Son weeps and they hug... instead, there’s the conversation over breakfast, really mundane and clipped... there’s a moment shared where SiWan banters with his dad, and I like it because it’s in context (Asians don’t do the whole hugging thing or verbal affirmations comfortably, especially when you’re a teenager, so not cool :lol:).  So much unsaid but really you don’t need to say much when there’s an understanding  :wub:.  He adores his dad and he’s the only dad he knows and wants to know and that’s enough for PMJ.

the moment in ep 7 or 8 (8 i think) where she tells him she'll figure it out for him and tthe morning after she looks at him and smiles is one of my favorite kdrama moments. it was so full of love

Should I spoiler or not that is the question!!!

Aah I loved the father son moment without subs and with subs. I  loved that the son declared that he is the father and not the other way around, like "Son, I'm your father." This scene choked me up just like President Park got choked up with emotions! He made his dad feel loved so much.

So Juno was the whistle blower but he is a ghost so did he have to blow the whistle this way. I get that he will be shut down if he tried the normal method. Will Agent HNG track him down coz she need all the answers. I feel she will do it.

This cavalier moment... for some bizarre reason I thought was terribly sexy... okay... I am a Scientist and we be very weird.  :lol:  Must be because of all that data and a man who puts scientific facts on a pedestal :wub:... and the glasses...yup...must be the glasses. :lol:

Also I read somewhere else that it was a bad choice for the mother to blatantly lie to her son. I understand that it was a hard choice for her to make. But the thing is Park Myungjae and his wife have different views on what to do right. This was even more highlighted in the flash back scene when she confronted him about the case regarding Naseong Electronics and the workers health getting effected because of the chemicals in the semiconductors. I wonder if the master mind will use this knowledge against the united front they have now.

Anyways it seems the terror mastermind is now after Park Dae physically in the next episode after he could not scar him emotionally!

@nrlee: Yes he is sexy with that tossing of the box. I was waiting to see them go on their date and for them to kiss also like any other kdrama. lol

Archived