[Drama 2019] Special Labor Inspector Jo, 특별근로감독관 조장풍

larus

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, seteney said:
Btw this secretary that was assaulted by the creep in the lounge bar, do you think she and Woo used to be a couple or something?

Not sure about it. But I am sure that Woo Doha like Prosecutor Kim who was engaged with Yang Taesu. 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:22 PM, At the dawn said:

Yes he gained weight about 9 kg for this drama to fit into his role as a former judo athlete whom lack of exercise after retired for almost 10 years.

At the moment she still have not much screentime. Hopefully start from the next episode will change and connected to the plot. 

thanks for answering me chinggu :heart:

cant wait for the sub..

I think, to watch a drama or not to watch, so I want to ask a question. Is this drama comedic or dramatic ??? Because I thought it would be serious, and the comments make me doubt about it ... Do they show a lot of the problems of workers in Korea? Does she look like an "Awl" drama?:sweatingbullets:

18 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

I think, to watch a drama or not to watch, so I want to ask a question. Is this drama comedic or dramatic ??? Because I thought it would be serious, and the comments make me doubt about it ... Do they show a lot of the problems of workers in Korea? Does she look like an "Awl" drama?:sweatingbullets:

It is black satire but got some comedic scenes, so far very entertaining, recommend u watch. 

bts of kiss scenes 

On 4/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, Friendly kitty said:

Special Labour Inspector is a lot funnier than Awl, to the extent that it's deliberately cartoonish at times. (Which is ironic, cos Awl is the one that is actually adapted from a manhwa.) I don't think any recent K-drama has made me laugh as much as this show. But like Awl, it explores a range of labour and other social issues, and it takes them perfectly seriously, even when it uses comedy to address them. Furthermore, because one of the show's themes appears to be how people overcome their difficulties and weaknesses to work together to fight the good fight, it is a lot more optimistic in tone than Awl, whose heroes are often isolated and lonely. In short, although I love both shows, I think Special Labour Inspector is a much easier and more uplifting watch than Awl is. 

10 hours ago, At the dawn said:

I am curious about Woo Doha. What kind of person is he ? He always so calm and confident in doing things. 

I have a feeling he is helping Mr Jo so can get rid of Tae Soo. If Tae Soo is jailed, the mum will hand the business to him

more photos 

13 hours ago, AmeldaL said:

In short, although I love both shows, I think Special Labour Inspector is a much easier and more uplifting watch than Awl is. 

Thanks for the detailed answer! So I will look. Moreover, I read that the scriptwriter is the same person who wrote the script for "Angry Mom", and there, though comedy-comedy, but the drama was well shown. Although she also wrote "Missing 9", but the more interesting it will be to see, will there be failure or success ?!

4 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

Thanks for the detailed answer! So I will look. Moreover, I read that the scriptwriter is the same person who wrote the script for "Angry Mom", and there, though comedy-comedy, but the drama was well shown. Although she also wrote "Missing 9", but the more interesting it will be to see, will there be failure or success ?!

Yes Kim Ban-di also wrote the excellent Angry Mom, which IMO is a lot darker than Awl (and probably Special Labour Inspector). In fact I'm watching SLI only because I love Angry Mom and think Kim Ban-di is one of the best K-drama writers working at the moment. She did not write Missing 9, though. The person that Angry Mom and Missing 9 have in common is the director Choi Byung-gil, not the writer. 

Am I doing a mistake by skipping scenes with the ex-wife?

I am at ep12 and it's like 'let my children do their illegal work, damnit'. :P

Also always those 'you never changed and hurt people around you' speeches, zzzzzzzz -_-

But other than that I really like this show

:lol:

21 hours ago, At the dawn said:

What is his real identity? Is he friend or enemy?

On 4/24/2019 at 4:52 PM, At the dawn said:

I am curious about Woo Doha. What kind of person is he ? He always so calm and confident in doing things. 

He is certainly an interesting character by playing the psycho like a puppet, assuring him he is always right, doing the dirty jobs, only to backstab him for the ultimate career climb. He will be the real deal to defeat imo.

Archived