larus

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choi Moo-sung, Byung-heon joins Jo Jung-seok in SBS sageuk

by tipsymocha

choimoosung-byungheon-mungbeanflower.jpg
Choi Moo-sung, Byung-heon

I feel like 2019 is going to be the year of the well-made sageuks, if all goes well. One of the most promising additions to the historical genre is SBS’s upcoming Mung Bean Flower, which has had a bit of an unfortunate name change from its previous title Ugeumchi. I’ve been keeping an eye out for this drama given the talent on and off screen, and there are two new additions to the cast that I’m tentatively excited about.

Joining Jo Jung-seok (Two Cops) and Yoon Shi-yoon (Your Honor) as half-brothers separated by a rebellion that pitted the landed elite against the poor peasants, are Choi Moo-sung (Mr. Sunshine) and Teen Top’s Byung-heon (A Pledge to God). Both actors will play characters on the peasant side of the Donghak Rebellion, which rocked the peninsula near the end of the 19th century.

Choi Moo-sung’s character is Jeon Bong-joon, one of the real-life leaders of the rebellion, who is considered something of a folk hero in Korea. The descendant of an aristocratic family which has long fallen from grace, at the beginning of Mung Bean Flower, Bong-joon is the owner of the local apothecary. He will transform into a revolutionary leader, especially after his fateful meeting with Jo Jung-seok’s half-slave, half-yangban character. Choi Moo-sung’s stint in Mr. Sunshine left me seriously wanting regarding his character’s dramatic potential as a freedom fighter, guerilla leader, so just imagining the actor take on a similar, and hopefully more meaty, role in this has me jumping up and down on my seat.

Byung-heon will be taking on a less historically significant role, as one of Jeon Bong-joon’s underlings, named Bungae, or literally ‘Lightning.’ Armed with nothing more than a slingshot on the battlefield, I hope he’s as quick as his name suggests, because I’m not betting on his odds in combat. While Bungae may have the face of a young child, he also harbors a deep-seated desire for revenge against Jo Jung-seok’s character, though we’re not told as to why.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/choi-moo-sung-byung-heon-joins-jo-jung-seok-in-sbs-sageuk/

Seo Jae-gyu, SBS 'Mung Bean Flower' casting ... Absolute villain transformation

PS19022200017.jpg

Seo Jae-gyu will appear on SBS new drama 'Mung Bean Flower'.

Seo Jae-gyu plays Lee Doo-hwan, the longevity officer of the Tonghak Peasant Revolution. It will give tension to the drama as a villain who takes the lead in the slashing of farmers' troops along with the Japanese troops during the Donghak Peasant Revolution.
http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01128326622393144&mediaCodeNo=258

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower 녹두꽃 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST - Jo Jung Suk, Yoon Shi Yoon and Han Ye-Ri - Premieres on April 26th

QYHuNXgklIfOsObsL_B6jwllQ6H5fcnba7a_6tgU

cr: screenshot from SBS Catch site.

There's a Q&A happening for MBF.  Questions can be submitted between 6-19Mar and the leads will answer the questions (I guess potentially they pull them out of a hat - depending on how many there are) in a video broadcast probably in April some time.

Jeongeup City will support the production of SBS new gilt drama 'Mung Bean Flower' in commemoration of the 125th anniversary of the Donghak Peasant Revolution.

182945_176926_1632.jpg

The city announced that the Donghak Peasant Revolution National Day anniversary celebrated the year of May 11, the day of Hwang Tae Hyun, and supports the production of the drama 'Mung Bean Flower' based on the revolution to spread the spirit of revolution nationwide.

http://www.sisamagazine.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=182945#09ne

Jo Jung Suk, Yoon Shi Yoon, Han Ye Ri, And More Impress At Script Reading For SBS Drama

by D. Kim
72ec31f15a7a4ba8b72c4548b1368178.jpeg?s=

“Mung Bean Flower” (literal title) is gearing up for its premiere!

Previously known as “Ugeumchi,” this upcoming SBS drama is about two brothers who have different mothers but share the same father. They get separated during a riot that is now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (translates to “Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces together against the government that was pushing for the growth of Catholicism at the time.

It is written by Jung Hyun Min, who created “Jeong Do Jeon” and “Assembly,” and directed by Shin Kyung Soo, who has led dramas like “Tree with Deep Roots” and “Six Flying Dragons.”

The drama held its first script reading in January. Actors including Jo Jung Suk, Yoon Si Yoon, Han Ye Ri, Choi Moo Sung, Park Hyuk Kwon, Kim Sang Ho, Choi Won Young, Seo Young Hee, Hwang Young Hee, Jang Kwang, Jo Hee Bong, Jun Moo Sung, Park Kyu Young, and Min Sung Wook were in attendance.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1312890wpp/jo-jung-suk-yoon-shi-yoon-han-ye-ri-and-more-impress-at-script-reading-for-sbs-drama

March 26 2019

First script reading for SBS drama series “Nokdu Flower”

Nokdu_Flower-SR1-SM1.jpg

First script reading for upcoming SBS drama series “Nokdu Flower” (literal title) took place January, 2019 at SBS Ilsan Production Center in Tanhyun, South Korea. Main cast members including Cho Jung-Seok, Yoon Si-Yoon, Han Ye-Ri, Choi Moo-Sung, Park Hyuk-Kwon, Seo Young-Hee, Min Sung-Wook, Ahn Kil-Kang, Kim Sang-Ho and Jang Gwang attended the script reading. The first script reading took about 5 hours to finish.

“Nokdu Flower” is now scheduled to first air April 26, 2019 in South Korea (takes over SBS’ Friday & Saturday 10 PM time slot after “The Fiery Priest.”).

more

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-sbs-drama-series-nokdu-flower

Archived