[Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃

larus

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
April 15 2019

Teaser trailer #3 & character posters for SBS drama series “Nokdu Flower”

Nokdu_Flower-cp1Sm11.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 & character posters for SBS drama series “Nokdu Flower” starring Cho Jung-Seok, Yoon Si-Yoon and Han Ye-Ri. The character posters are of Cho Jung-Seok as Baek Yi-Kang, Yoon Si-Yoon as Baek Yi-Hyun and Han Ye-Ri as Song Ja-In.

“Nokdu Flower” first airs April 26, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-character-posters-for-sbs-drama-series-nokdu-flower

On 4/16/2019 at 2:49 PM, Friendly kitty said:

Teasers are impressive! Everything will be tragic and scary ... Some shots are scary, but it is not surprising. Sects are always frightening. And already in ancient times ...:blink:

I wait !!! Highly!!! Hopefully the subtitles will be released on time.

Yes. Drama I'm waiting to watch. The angst in this is strong. The combine with good acting skills of the JJS YSY.

Yoon Shi Yoon, Jo Jung Suk, And Han Ye Ri Look Towards A New World In Posters For “Nokdu Flower”

by Y. Shin
116a2129fbf14f659465fb44d0e91686.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “Nokdu Flower” has shared new posters!

“Nokdu Flower” is about two half-brothers who get separated during a riot that is now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (which translates to “Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces together against the government that was pushing for the growth of Catholicism.

The first poster focuses on the main character of “Nokdu Flower,” a common citizen. Designed in black-and-white tones, the poster illuminates the fading distance, hinting at the state of the Joseon Dynasty in 1894. In the middle stands the figure of a man walking alone with a bamboo spear in his hand. Through his pose, the man showcases a firm will and determination towards the start of a new world. The phrase “A tribute to the great warriors of that day” is written in the center of the poster.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1318194wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-jo-jung-suk-and-han-ye-ri-look-towards-a-new-world-in-new-posters-for-nokdu-flower

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST - Jo Jung Suk, Yoon Shi Yoon and Han Ye-Ri - Premieres on April 26th
9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

At least the half brothers are not liking the same lady based on this character chart. Yay!

Wow It is perfectly! There is no need for a love triangle. And so much drama, pain and tragedy. At least love the brothers of different women and be able to relax with their soul next to them ...

“Nokdu Flower” Writer Shares What He Thinks Of Yoon Shi Yoon, Han Ye Ri, And Jo Jung Suk

by C. Hong

7a04527d230a4d59bcb78a272c8dc972.jpeg?s=

The writer of upcoming SBS drama “Nokdu Flower,” Jung Hyun Min, praised lead actors Jo Jung Suk, Han Ye Ri, and Yoon Shi Yoon for being a perfect fit for their roles.

“Nokdu Flower” is about two half-brothers who get separated during a riot that is now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (“Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces against a government that was pushing for the growth of Catholicism.

Jung Hyun Min had previously tackled historical dramas when he wrote “Jeong Do Jeon,” a drama about the real-life historical figure of the same name who was a powerful scholar, politician, and supporter of King Taejo, the founder of the Joseon Dynasty.

“When I first heard about the casting [for ‘Nokdu Flower’], I felt like they’d read my mind,” Jung Hyun Min said. “The characters that have been in my mind for a long time have suddenly popped out into the real world. After talking with the actors, I also realized new things about each character. I really enjoyed watching my characters come to life through the actors’ performances.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1319636wpp/nokdu-flower-writer-shares-what-he-thinks-of-yoon-shi-yoon-han-ye-ri-and-jo-jung-suk

Premiere Watch: Nokdu Flower

by stroopwafel

premwatch_nokdufl-2.jpg

Nokdu Flower

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: SBS
Genre: Sageuk
Episode count: 48 episodes (35 minute episodes)

Reasons to watch: Jo Jung-seok, Yoon Shi-yoon, and Han Ye-ri star in this sageuk that takes place during a turbulent point in Korean history. Set against the real-life 1894 Donghak Rebellion, which was a peasant uprising, the drama tells the story of two brothers who fight on opposite sides of history. Jo and Yoon are half brothers whose fates are defined–and circumscribed–by the circumstances of the births. While both are the children of a nobleman, Jo Jung-seok was born a bastard to a local peasant woman, while Yoon Shi-yoon was born to a noblewoman. When growing tensions and political instability explodes into a full-fledged armed rebellion, Jo takes up arms as a rebellion leader while his younger brother Yoon Shi-yoon’s allegiance lies with the establishment. While the brothers dream of revolution, Han Ye-ri is a local merchant and a steely pragmatist who (seems to) be unwilling to stray outside her lane. An epic story deserves an epic cast, and Nokdu Flower definitely has both.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/premiere-watch-nokdu-flower/

Archived