[Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃

larus

Watch: Yoon Shi Yoon, Han Ye Ri, And Jo Jung Suk Have Perfect Chemistry For “Nokdu Flower”

by S. Park
5bb8b24b6d2f4660b348e42ff7b1ea53.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” released a behind-the-scenes video of its poster shoot with actors Yoon Shi Yoon, Han Ye Ri, and Jo Jung Suk.

“Nokdu Flower” is about two half-brothers with different mothers and the same father. They get separated during a riot, now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (or “Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces to protest against the government’s push for Catholicism.

In the video, Jo Jung Suk stands in the middle of the set as Baek Yi Kang, the leader of the Donghak Peasant Army who dreams of a new world. With a bamboo spear in one hand, he strikes several poses that show the determination of his character before monitoring the photos.

Yoon Shi Yoon holds up a rifle as he transforms into Baek Yi Hyun, the half-brother of Baek Yi Kang and dreams of a Meiji Restoration for the Joseon Dynasty.

Han Ye Ri stands by the fence and sits on the porch as she transforms into Song Ja In, an “Iron Lady” who leads others with her cool-headed judgment and charisma. She discusses the concept with the staff and silently mouths that she is cold in between takes. The actress then joins Jo Jung Suk and a group of extras to reproduce this historical scene.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1315216wpp/watch-yoon-shi-yoon-han-ye-ri-and-jo-jung-suk-have-perfect-chemistry-in-nokdu-flower

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why every time SBS uploaded Mung Bean Flower teasers, they always deleted those earliest video links from their YT channel. This is the second time they did it, the same thing happened previously with the 1st teaser before. Anyway, this is the new link for Nokdu Flower 2nd teaser, which is uploaded again by SBS on their YT channel, the same teaser video posted above by @rachelyun.

Watch: Yoon Shi Yoon Transforms From A Boy Into A Beast In New Teaser For “Nokdu Flower”

by S. Park
eb89919f05e44db9baf7550d436e7e8b.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” has released another teaser!

“Nokdu Flower” is about two half-brothers with different mothers and the same father. They get separated during a riot, now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (or “Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces to protest against the government’s push for Catholicism.

Yoon Shi Yoon plays Baek Yi Hyun, who is the “rightful son” born under their father’s lawful wife despite being younger, while Jo Jung Suk plays the older Baek Yi Kang, who was born out of wedlock after his father raped the wife’s slave.

On April 6, the drama gave viewers a glimpse at Yoon Shi Yoon’s struggles in the drama through a dramatic teaser clip.

He begins, “We’ll go into a decaying pond. The advanced culture of an enlightened world is civilization,” as the teaser shows citizens being killed and exploited by the government.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1315568wpp/watch-yoon-shi-yoon-transforms-from-a-boy-into-a-beast-in-new-teaser-for-nokdu-flower

April 7, 2019

Yoon Shi-yoon taps into his dark side for SBS’s Nokdu Flower

by tipsymocha

nokduflower-teaser472.jpg

Man, SBS is really on top of the promo game for this drama, isn’t it? There’s a new teaser out for their sageuk offering Nokdu Flower, and while the first teaser focused on Jo Jung-seok (Two Cops), this one puts Yoon Shi-yoon (Your Honor) at the forefront. The two leads will play half-brothers in the sageuk, who tragically end up on opposite trajectories when faced with a major upheaval in the form of the Donghak Rebellion.

I’ve always seen Yoon Shi-yoon as such a straightforward good guy, mostly due to his variety persona and the shows I’ve watched him in, so it’ll be all the more compelling to see his character go on a downward moral spiral, as the teaser suggests. The clip starts out with soldiers ruthlessly slaughtering peasants as Yoon Shi-yoon announces that he will “enter the rotten pond” in order to reform it. He holds some very lofty ideals, saying that “culture” is the key to joining the rest of the “enlightened world.” Those ideals are a long ways away from the reality in the streets, however, and the teaser calls 1894’s Joseon the “land of despair.”

Something changes for Yoon Shi-yoon, though, and we see him armed with a gun, looking soulless as he marches down the street. He demands to know what his father, played by Park Hyuk-kwon (Fox Bride Star), will do next. His father’s answer (“Don’t you know me, son?”) isn’t a comforting one, seeing as how he’s notorious for his greed and cruelty in their village, borne out of his inferiority complex due to his lowly origins. The captions read, “The relentless despair swallows the blood-hued anger,” just as we see a change in Yoon Shi-yoon’s character, who guns down peasants alongside the soldiers. Even while he contends that ambition cannot be the key to a new world, the teaser shows him as the “boy who is reborn as a beast.” The trailer ends as he desperately asks someone for a “reason not to kill.”

Nokdu Flower will take over SBS’s Friday-Saturday slot following The Fiery Priest, premiering on April 26.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/yoon-shi-yoon-taps-into-his-dark-side-for-sbss-nokdu-flower/

1 hour ago, shielizda said:

Yoon Shi-yoon taps into his dark side for SBS’s Nokdu Flower

So will he play the role of a bad guy? It will be interesting to see ... Although I am sure that he will still be a positive character who will have to do bad things. And in the end he will die for sure! Sure 100% sure!:ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

So will he play the role of a bad guy? It will be interesting to see ... Although I am sure that he will still be a positive character who will have to do bad things. And in the end he will die for sure! Sure 100% sure!:ph34r:

I'm all in if YSY is the villain. I've been waiting for the time he will a villain, if this is it, I'm on board! Villains die in the end, I might shed tears if YSY's character dies, given if I stay until the end :ph34r:.

SBS uploaded new video Nokdu Flower 3 main cast answering Q&A from viewers on their YT channel :

Though I don't understand what they're talking about, but it's look like they have a good rapport already between them. It is nice to see the cast having fun & teasing each other like this. ^_^

Oh a lot of updates. Thanks chingus! <3

Excitedly waiting for this. YYS and JJS two good actors! Yep I always watch their dramas.   I'm not that familiar with the female lead though but I've seen one of her previous drama.  I think this is the first time I'll JJS doing saeguk. Has he done any historical dramas before?

For YYS .. been  I always his dramas so he's going to be the bad younger brother? As with all dramas... there's back story for that personality. I want redeeming factor.  His previous drama Your Honor.. damnn I was actually rooting for the bad twin .. to have a reedeming factor.So for this drama..  he better have.

7 hours ago, jongski said:

I think this is the first time I'll JJS doing saeguk. Has he done any historical dramas before?

For drama, I think this is his first saguek drama ever. But actually if you look into his filmography, he's no stranger to saguek becoz as far as I know, he had two historical movies before, The Face Reader & The King's Wrath. So yeah, he's definitely not a newbies when it comes to sageuk.

Wait. They just started filming? Why do I think they've been filming for quite some time now :sweatingbullets:

Watch: Jo Jung Suk, Yoon Shi Yoon, And Han Ye Ri Excitedly Begin Filming For “Nokdu Flower”

Apr 15, 2019
by K. Lew

“Nokdu Flower” has given a glimpse into the drama’s first shoot!

The drama follows two half-brothers during the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, a protest where Eastern Religion leaders and peasants in Jeolla Province joined forces against the government and its push for Catholicism.

Jo Jung Suk shows stellar, intense acting as the gruff Baek Yi Kang, getting in physical fights and shooting daggers out of his eyes at everyone. He shares, “The first shoot for a drama is always full of tension and awkward. For ‘Nokdu Flower,’ the director, staff, and actors have great chemistry, and the atmosphere is great.

Jo-Jung-Suk-6.jpg

Yoon Shi Yoon is full of elegance and propriety as Baek Yi Hyun. He braves the cold winter with hand warmers and gloves, and he comments, “I feel this whenever I end a project and start a new one. It feels like everything’s been reset. I can’t remember how to memorize lines, express emotions, and move in front of the camera. It feels like I’m wearing traditional clothing and have gone through a time slip. I’m filming very comfortably.” He added, “I can feel the winter wind pretty directly, so it feels like I’m filming in basically a t-shirt. I’ve layered my clothing, but it is still pretty cold.”

Yoon-Shi-Yoon-1.jpg

Han Ye Ri exudes a vivacious personality as Song Ja In. She has fun with her co-stars, easily laughing when she makes mistakes and hanging around with them on set. She remarks, “Even though we’ve started the first shoot, it doesn’t really feel like it. It’s a bit awkward acting as Ja In right now, but I am going to work hard to become her.”

Han-Ye-Ri-1.jpg

“Nokdu Flower” will air its first episode on April 26.

Character posters for SBS sageuk Nokdu Flower

by tccolb

mungj.jpg

More promos have been released for SBS’ upcoming Nokdu Flower which include three new character posters featuring the leads, Jo Jung-seok (Two Cops), Yoon Shi-yoon (Your Honor), and Han Ye-ri (Switch).

The sageuk is set around the 1894 Donghak Rebellion, and centers around two half-brothers who find themselves in opposing factions.

For historical background, in the 1860’s, a religion called Donghak was formed in Korea which combined aspects of several different religions and philosphies, including Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism, and shamanism. Most of the followers were commoners and slaves, as the aristocracy rejected the belief system. Donghak’s founder was arrested and killed in 1864, and the movement went underground until 1893. In the 1890s, rising frustrations from religious persecution, worsening economic conditions for the lower classes, and the presence of foreign nations (including Japan) in Korea all brewed into an atmosphere ripe for rebellion. Thus, the 1894 rebellion began.

In the first poster, we see older brother Baek Yi-kang (played by Jo Jung-seok) wearing peasant attire and staring intently into the camera. As an illegitimate son, he spent his life being treated as second class. People called him by pronouns like “him” or “you” instead of by his name. Despite the challenges in his life, he doesn’t let himself stay resigned to his circumstances and gradually rises up as a leader in the rebellion. The caption on his poster is written in the character’s Jeolla saturi, “If we really do this, that new world will come true, right?”

more  http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/character-posters-for-sbs-sageuk-nokdu-flower/

Yoon Shi Yoon Thanks Jo Jung Suk For His Acting Advice

7c358acbaa744b0093016a2b9384c6e0.jpeg?s=

Apr 15, 2019
by S. Cho

Yoon Shi Yoon shared a story about his co-star Jo Jung Suk before the premiere of their new drama “Nokdu Flower.”

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” is a new Friday-Saturday drama that begins on April 26. It is about two half-brothers during the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, a protest where Eastern Religion leaders and peasants in Jeolla Province joined forces against the government and its push for Catholicism. This drama has garnered high expectations for its production, message, and more.

As the drama focuses on the two half-brothers Baek Yi Kang (Jo Jung Suk) and Baek Yi Hyun (Yoon Shi Yoon), their relationship is especially important. Yoon Shi Yoon is also gaining attention for expected transformation from his previous drama “Your Honor.”

He explained his reasoning for picking this drama, saying, “I originally have a lot of interest in the Joseon Dynasty. Since it is the closest era to modern day, its history seems ancient but is simultaneously much like us today. It is a story of the people. The voices of many people within that era are so charismatic. I wanted to participate in that.”

His character Baek Yi Hyun is someone who dreams of a better future instead of solely expressing frustration at the falling Joseon Dynasty. He is also the character that experiences the most dramatic transformation throughout the movement. That made his role that much harder, and Yoon Shi Yoon turned to Jo Jung Suk for frequent acting advice.

Regarding his character, Yoon Shi Yoon stated, “Baek Yi Hyun is an unusual character, who is aware of hardships and grows from them. Between the influences of the country and the Donghak Peasant Movement, he is a character who thinks of other methodologies, which drew me to him.”

He also spoke about why he was thankful to Jo Jung Suk, saying, “In the beginning, I thought a lot about how to portray my character’s transformation. That’s when Jo Jung Suk gave me some critical advice. He told me that a character who is initially very comfortable and free-spirited appears much stronger if the density builds throughout the story. It was an approach I hadn’t thought of, and it felt as if a problem I couldn’t solve finally had an answer.”

In the preview teasers and posters for “Nokdu Flower”, Yoon Shi Yoon has shown off a new and powerful image, allowing viewers to look forward to his passion, hard work, and dedication to his character.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1317744wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-thanks-jo-jung-suk-for-his-acting-advice

Archived