Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

Yoon Kyun Sang And Lee Joon Hyuk To Make Special Appearance In “Nokdu Flower”

by U. Kim
66d31588196443c48448265fc779a6f6.jpeg?s=

Yoon Kyun Sang and Lee Joon Hyuk will be making a special appearance in SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Nokdu Flower”!

“Nokdu Flower” is set during the Donghak Peasant Movement of 1894, a riot in which religious leaders of Donghak and peasants from the Jeolla Province joined forces to protest the government’s push for Catholicism. In the drama, two half-brothers, played by Yoon Shi Yoon and Jo Jung Suk, end up on opposite sides of the movement. The drama is gaining lots of praise for its strong storyline and direction, powerful message, and phenomenal acting.

Some of the best parts of the drama are the special appearances by various actors. Previously, actor Jang Gwang appeared on the drama as a very important character for the advancement of the plot, while Min Jung Ki, Han Sang Jin, and Kim Yoo Ri made their appearance in the first episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324597wpp/yoon-kyun-sang-and-lee-joon-hyuk-to-make-special-appearance-in-nokdu-flower

• Like 5

Good to see some updates. Sometimes I wonder how many of us  are really watching and enjoying this drama.

I picked up this drama the other day and have now caught up, I'm surprised by the lack of posts, I thought the main lead was a pretty popular actor?

Really liking the cinematography, the action scenes and the background music is awesome

The main story is developing nicely and I love a historical show but I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed with how quickly the love story seems to have already developed and I'm finding some of the humour a bit too forced and sometimes out of place. Other than though solid show so far.

The urge to wikipedia the uprising is so high right now though - will try and hold off until the end

Anyone else getting Bridal Mask flashbacks with the two main male leads or is it just me?

• Like 1

Nokdu Flower: Episodes 7-8

by odilettante

nokdu070800526a.jpg

The pursuit of freedom is fraught with peril, especially when those with power wish to keep that power and dominion over the poor and weak — and anyone who can be useful is properly manipulated. Once again, idealism and pragmatism clash. How can you fight for freedom and equality without actually fighting? Is “civilization” really all it’s cracked up to be, or just another power-hungry entity to fight against?

EPISODES 7-8 RECAP

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/nokdu-flower-episodes-7-8/

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 6:12 AM, anony12345 said:

I picked up this drama the other day and have now caught up, I'm surprised by the lack of posts, I thought the main lead was a pretty popular actor?

Yes, me too.  But maybe some do watch but just lurking here.  Maybe...

The two brothers have changed in many ways due to the circumstances.  Sometimes it made me scared watching the transformation of  YH, but it is understandable.

The two actors showed great chemistry not only with the director, who they worked with in the past, but also with the ‘Nokdu Flower’ actors. The set was filled with laughter thanks to their outstanding acting and ad-libs.

Both actors' special appearance gave a slight comedic relief with their action.  In one scene it also reminds me of Jo Jung Suk's scene that he took part in a movie a long, long time ago.

Credit to the owners

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About ep 13-14:

Yi-Hyun is just like his horrible father: using people as commodity and giving bribes in order to get what he wants, he even said to Yi-Kang the same words their father had said long ago to YK. And even uses people to force/coerce YK in.

It's not that his teacher and what happened forced him (YH) to think and being like that, it's more like he's showing is true colors. He was blind when he was just a scholar, but after the fight/war & being betrayed, he chose -in full consciousness and after having seen the damage it does and the pain it causes- to follow the path of tyranny and treachery... even when he had options... and yet, he chose that path.

He's not better than all those heartless, crooked and greedy who hold the power...

• Like 3

On 5/16/2019 at 6:12 AM, anony12345 said:

I'm a thread lurker since I do like the actors but I'm unfortunately not attracted to watch a sageuk, especially one that is set in such a dark period of time. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime. Maybe. Huhu

I also think theres a shift of how people are watching dramas and how they respond to it. Due to the growth of Kdramaland and its viewer pool has grown exponentioally, many new platforms exist for viewers to discuss/rant/comment about a drama. It can be seen from soompi threads number of replies. Older dramas (before 2015) has much more comments and discussion compared to recent dramas. Its kinda sad to be honest. Because soompi and DB  are my go to places for drama discussions~ huhuhu. Another thing I noticed is romantic dramas be it modern or sageuk, garners more response and disucssion compared to darker dramas.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I'm still hazy about Yi Hyun. What is his belief actually? I also don't understand the conflict btwn him and teacher Hwang. And isn't teacher Hwang aligned with Donghak? 

HYR is a superb actress. She may not be a beauty like SHY or anything but i just can't get my eyes of her

• Like 1

Been lurking on this thread too~ I havent caught up yet tht's why ^^' I'm interested to see how these characters will develop... :) 

• Like 1

All the actors are amazing.

But, YSY is too good of an actor, not to be the main lead. 

Even in the short scenes between YH and JI , there is chemistry

on the screen.

I like this mind fight between YH and lord Hwang. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I just got back here on Soompi from being MIA. There are a few who posts MBF contents on YSY thread. You can copy-paste maybe. Haven't watched the drama, been away from K-ent for a while.

0004143902_001_20190518080301692.jpg?typ

2045212_254302_2821.jpg&key=f506d12304e8

Screencaps  http://www.jjan.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=2045212&sc_section_code=S1N36&sc_sub_section_code=S2N71

Date Episode TNmS AGB
Nationwide Seoul Nationwide Seoul
2019-04-26 1 7.2% - 8.6% (9th) 10.1% (8th)
2019-04-26 2 9.5% - 11.5% (5th) 13.2% (3rd)
2019-04-27 3 - - 6.5% (15th) 7.3% (12th)
2019-04-27 4 6.8% - 8.6% (9th) 9.5% (6th)
2019-05-03 5 6.7% - 6.6% (14th) 7.2% (12th)
2019-05-03 6 8.3% - 8.8 %(6th) 9.8% (5th)
2019-05-04 7 6.2% - 6.8% (9th) 8.1% (6th)
2019-05-04 8 7.4% - 8.1% (6th) 9.4% (3rd)
2019-05-10 9 6.8% - 7.4% (9th) 8.6% (8th)
2019-05-10 10 7.7% - 8.6% (7th) 9.9% (5th)
2019-05-11 11 7.4% - 8.1% (6th) 9.9% (5th)
2019-05-11 12 8.0% - 9.1% (4th) 10.9% (3rd)
2019-05-17 13 7.0% - 7.0% (13th) 8.2% (10th)
2019-05-17 14 8.2% - 8.4% (7th) 9.5% (6th)
2019-05-18 15 6.3% - 6.5% (14th) 7.4% (9th)
2019-05-18 16 6.8% - 7.7% (8th) 8.6% (5th)

Cr http://asianwiki.com/Mung_Bean_Flower

• Like 3

About ep 19-20:

Spoiler

Wow, Lady Song is such an idiot. This is like the 3rd time she is a hassle to the Donghak's members... And now she's coordinating a treacherous attack to them? really? kill them in the dark? wow, that is sooo nice of her, I'm sure Baek Yi Kang will be giddy listening to that plan. Nokdu General is absolutely right about peddlers and her father. And about her too.

Yi Hyun is indeed cruel, not close to an evil spirit level, but he's has so much darkness ... fueled by his convictions that "civilization" (or the idea of "civilization" that a society that allows to have slaves can have) will be Joseon's light out of the political (social, economic and moral) dark strife.

Yi Kang is learning the hard way, and his past just came back to punch him the face.

I do still wonder why such a good series has only 9 pages of comments, why are we so few who comment on the series? :tears: :tears: I like it when I can not only watch a drama but  I can also discuss about it, chat and fangirl overall (*) with others.

(*)

Spoiler

Yoon Shi Yoon is looking soooo fine in Yi Hyun character... :wub::wub: :w00t:

I blame YSY face tho.

Rediscovering Yoon Si Yoon without end of 'Mung Bean Flower'

0001108290_001_20190526082509620.jpg?type=w430_q70

[TV report = Shinnara reporter] 'Mungo flower' Yoon Si Yoon's eyes are catching the audiences. 

The audience responded to Yoon Si Yoon who is playing hot in the cruel fate, saying, "Yoon Si-yoon is so good, he acted so well", making the person horrified . The deep acting of Yoon Si-yoon caused viewers to engage and immerse emotion with the drama. 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001108290 

Screencaps

0000244257_001_20190525224913915.jpg?type=w430_q70

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=416&aid=0000244257

0000995607_001_20190525225710891.jpg?type=w430_q70

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000995607

•  
  • Like 1