[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] Flavors It's Yours / Instead of Tipsy Why Not Get Drunk 看见味道的你 / 与其微醺何不醉

Admin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, n3bula said:

I like those hate to love stories haha. Plus the chemistry is really good. 

Same. I like it when there is a bit of conflict first before the sweetness :D  

The male lead is so handsome too.  I can't wait to see him and SYR onscreen together.

16 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Good News! This drama is coming to Viki! There will be subs!

https://www.viki.com/tv/36762c-instead-of-tipsy-why-not-get-drunk

That's great!  Thanks for the heads-up.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:20 PM, raziela said:

Same. I like it when there is a bit of conflict first before the sweetness :D  

The male lead is so handsome too.  I can't wait to see him and SYR onscreen together.

That's great!  Thanks for the heads-up.

You're welcome.  The storyline sounds interesting. I do hope that the producers of the drama make an effort to have SYR look her age/ look mature.  I do like her as an actress, but she always looks about 12 years old, so the romance creeps me out since it looks like the male lead going after a child. 

Thanks for sharing those subbed preview clips @n3bula

The drama story looks cute but once again SYR looks age 12 years. Ugh! I don't know if I will be able to watch this drama as the romance aspects are already creeping me out in the clips -looks like a child with a grown man. Height difference doesn't help things either.  I really wish the drama producers could have made an effort to have SYR look her actual age of 26 years. So disappointing for me. I'll probably go ahead nd watch the first episode, but I may end up dropping the drama.

32 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Thanks for sharing those subbed preview clips @n3bula

The drama story looks cute but once again SYR looks age 12 years. Ugh! I don't know if I will be able to watch this drama as the romance aspects are already creeping me out in the clips -looks like a child with a grown man. Height difference doesn't help things either.  I really wish the drama producers could have made an effort to have SYR look her actual age of 26 years. So disappointing for me. I'll probably go ahead nd watch the first episode, but I may end up dropping the drama.

You're welcome. Give it a shot and see if you like it. Maybe they change her wardrobe during the series. I think it'll be a cute drama. 

Probably I'm weird but I don't think she looks very young. She looks her age, mid20. Probably her height make people to overlook that her face and eyes look mature and her body language is from someone with confidence. That is something Teenager rarely have.

Now I'm off watching. Too bad the international IQIYI App only is for mobile devices. I prefer watching on my 17" laptop.

Its not like SYR is extremely short I looked up her height shes 5'2 shes at least taller than me lol I feel like its more that her male leads are taller than average but I do like the height difference I havent been able to watch the drama yet cant find the link so I cant share my opinion on the show itself     

The show is up in the IQIYI app (up to 8 for VIP and all subbed) and Viki.

I really like that Drama yet so far. At first I thought we will have a reboot of crappy Kiss Love Taste but this one has a well made script. Nothing new but that doesn’t mean it is bad. Our heroine is warm and lively, no wonder that our hero already started falling for her. His life was very lonely and cold since his mother left and even before all he knew was competition.

I like the future 2nd OTP also. The girl has integrity and a backbone and he is on the road to revenge where our heroine seem to be involved without her knowledge.

I‘m curious if our OTP‘s taste exchange truly will end soon or if feelings involved will enhance it.

4 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

Its not like SYR is extremely short I looked up her height shes 5'2 shes at least taller than me lol I feel like its more that her male leads are taller than average but I do like the height difference I havent been able to watch the drama yet cant find the link so I cant share my opinion on the show itself     

She looks shorter than 5' 2 but I think you are right that she's always paired with 6ft plus leads so it makes the height difference more glaring.

35 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

The show is up in the IQIYI app (up to 8 for VIP and all subbed) and Viki.

I really like that Drama yet so far. At first I thought we will have a reboot of crappy Kiss Love Taste but this one has a well made script. Nothing new but that doesn’t mean it is bad. Our heroine is warm and lively, no wonder that our hero already started falling for her. His life was very lonely and cold since his mother left and even before all he knew was competition.

I like the future 2nd OTP also. The girl has integrity and a backbone and he is on the road to revenge where our heroine seem to be involved without her knowledge.

I‘m curious if our OTP‘s taste exchange truly will end soon or if feelings involved will enhance it.

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear it has a good script.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:50 PM, n3bula said:

You're welcome. Give it a shot and see if you like it. Maybe they change her wardrobe during the series. I think it'll be a cute drama. 

@n3bula Yes. I plan on watching the first episode for sure. I am hoping that SYR will look more mature to me once I see her  more fully in the drama instead of the short clips. I'm hoping those clips were misleading.  And yes, I do hope that they change her wardrobe in the drama because I feel like the producers are emphasizing her youthful looks with her costumes-that jumpsuit, for example, feels to me more like what a young teenager might wear. Compared to the clothes of the 2nd female lead, SYR wardrobe feel more juvenile and "cute". 

10 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

Probably I'm weird but I don't think she looks very young. She looks her age, mid20. Probably her height make people to overlook that her face and eyes look mature and her body language is from someone with confidence. That is something Teenager rarely have.

Now I'm off watching. Too bad the international IQIYI App only is for mobile devices. I prefer watching on my 17" laptop.

@usagi1997 no, you are not weird for thinking that SYR looks her age of 26 years. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Frankly, I wish I could see it too here in this drama. Her height probably does contribute to people thinking of her as younger. For me, I think SYR also have a youthful face (which for an actress is probably a positive trait) and I feel it is easy for the drama producers to emphasize her youthful looks with hairstyle, makeup tricks, and clothes. 

Thanks also for your impressions of the first episodes of the drama. I'm glad to hear that the drama has a good script. And there will be a 2nd leads couple too? How nice. I like the dramas where we can have more than one love story. And you say that SYR really acting attitude and speaking like a woman in her 20s in this drama, which is good to hear that her character is acting like a mature adult. This drama sounds really interesting to me-hopefully Viki will sub the episodes quickly so i can check out the first episode.

9 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

Yes, I'll agree that 5'2" is not a very short height for a woman, but yes, when she is next to male lead who is 6' plus, she look so tiny. I don't like the big height difference trend for lead couples. Often for me  it make the female lead look like a child next to male lead.  I know a lot of other people think it make everyone look "cute'. 

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

this means they need to kiss every 24 hours? :D 

No. He regained his taste for 1 hour the first time and it gets reduced with each kiss by 10 mintues. Now (after EP8) only two kisses are left. All kisses until now weren't romantic or something to feel pleased about even when I think with the "repeat the first time" try our ML felt a bit more since he needed to stopped by our FL :phew: with a slap :D.
At the moment we don't know if the time will enhance when the kisses will be given freely and with romantic/lusty feelings in future or if he loose it forever after that.

In his childhood you can see that the hero didn't had that enhanced taste. I'm curious if he just learned it or if it has something to do with our heroine's accident loosing hers. Drama writers love childhood conections, so it rather would be a surprise if this Drama doesn't have that as well.

Since I will continue watching that I probably should start learning the character names :P.

Archived