Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] Flavors It's Yours / Instead of Tipsy Why Not Get Drunk 看见味道的你 / 与其微醺何不醉

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Thanks for sharing those subbed preview clips @n3bula

The drama story looks cute but once again SYR looks age 12 years. Ugh! I don't know if I will be able to watch this drama as the romance aspects are already creeping me out in the clips -looks like a child with a grown man. Height difference doesn't help things either.  I really wish the drama producers could have made an effort to have SYR look her actual age of 26 years. So disappointing for me. I'll probably go ahead nd watch the first episode, but I may end up dropping the drama.

You're welcome. Give it a shot and see if you like it. Maybe they change her wardrobe during the series. I think it'll be a cute drama. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably I'm weird but I don't think she looks very young. She looks her age, mid20. Probably her height make people to overlook that her face and eyes look mature and her body language is from someone with confidence. That is something Teenager rarely have.

Now I'm off watching. Too bad the international IQIYI App only is for mobile devices. I prefer watching on my 17" laptop.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not like SYR is extremely short I looked up her height shes 5'2 shes at least taller than me lol I feel like its more that her male leads are taller than average but I do like the height difference I havent been able to watch the drama yet cant find the link so I cant share my opinion on the show itself     

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The show is up in the IQIYI app (up to 8 for VIP and all subbed) and Viki.

 

I really like that Drama yet so far. At first I thought we will have a reboot of crappy Kiss Love Taste but this one has a well made script. Nothing new but that doesn’t mean it is bad. Our heroine is warm and lively, no wonder that our hero already started falling for her. His life was very lonely and cold since his mother left and even before all he knew was competition.

I like the future 2nd OTP also. The girl has integrity and a backbone and he is on the road to revenge where our heroine seem to be involved without her knowledge.

 

I‘m curious if our OTP‘s taste exchange truly will end soon or if feelings involved will enhance it.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

Its not like SYR is extremely short I looked up her height shes 5'2 shes at least taller than me lol I feel like its more that her male leads are taller than average but I do like the height difference I havent been able to watch the drama yet cant find the link so I cant share my opinion on the show itself     

She looks shorter than 5' 2 but I think you are right that she's always paired with 6ft plus leads so it makes the height difference more glaring.

 

35 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

The show is up in the IQIYI app (up to 8 for VIP and all subbed) and Viki.

 

I really like that Drama yet so far. At first I thought we will have a reboot of crappy Kiss Love Taste but this one has a well made script. Nothing new but that doesn’t mean it is bad. Our heroine is warm and lively, no wonder that our hero already started falling for her. His life was very lonely and cold since his mother left and even before all he knew was competition.

I like the future 2nd OTP also. The girl has integrity and a backbone and he is on the road to revenge where our heroine seem to be involved without her knowledge.

 

I‘m curious if our OTP‘s taste exchange truly will end soon or if feelings involved will enhance it.

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear it has a good script.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

The show is up in the IQIYI app (up to 8 for VIP and all subbed) and Viki.

 

I really like that Drama yet so far. At first I thought we will have a reboot of crappy Kiss Love Taste but this one has a well made script. Nothing new but that doesn’t mean it is bad. Our heroine is warm and lively, no wonder that our hero already started falling for her. His life was very lonely and cold since his mother left and even before all he knew was competition.

I like the future 2nd OTP also. The girl has integrity and a backbone and he is on the road to revenge where our heroine seem to be involved without her knowledge.

 

I‘m curious if our OTP‘s taste exchange truly will end soon or if feelings involved will enhance it.

 

Thanks....i didnt watch this yesterday as i was chasing after 'A Little Called First Love' hahahaha :D i will start on this tonight :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the reason why this drama is more interesting than other kiss-swapping-thing genre, is because the male lead retrieves his sense of taste only for 24 hours after kissing.

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

I think that the reason why this drama is more interesting than other kiss-swapping-thing genre, is because the male lead retrieves his sense of taste only for 24 hours after kissing.

 

this means they need to kiss every 24 hours? :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 7:50 PM, n3bula said:

You're welcome. Give it a shot and see if you like it. Maybe they change her wardrobe during the series. I think it'll be a cute drama. 

 

@n3bula Yes. I plan on watching the first episode for sure. I am hoping that SYR will look more mature to me once I see her  more fully in the drama instead of the short clips. I'm hoping those clips were misleading.  And yes, I do hope that they change her wardrobe in the drama because I feel like the producers are emphasizing her youthful looks with her costumes-that jumpsuit, for example, feels to me more like what a young teenager might wear. Compared to the clothes of the 2nd female lead, SYR wardrobe feel more juvenile and "cute". 

10 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

Probably I'm weird but I don't think she looks very young. She looks her age, mid20. Probably her height make people to overlook that her face and eyes look mature and her body language is from someone with confidence. That is something Teenager rarely have.

Now I'm off watching. Too bad the international IQIYI App only is for mobile devices. I prefer watching on my 17" laptop.

 

 @usagi1997 no, you are not weird for thinking that SYR looks her age of 26 years. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Frankly, I wish I could see it too here in this drama. Her height probably does contribute to people thinking of her as younger. For me, I think SYR also have a youthful face (which for an actress is probably a positive trait) and I feel it is easy for the drama producers to emphasize her youthful looks with hairstyle, makeup tricks, and clothes. 

Thanks also for your impressions of the first episodes of the drama. I'm glad to hear that the drama has a good script. And there will be a 2nd leads couple too? How nice. I like the dramas where we can have more than one love story. And you say that SYR really acting attitude and speaking like a woman in her 20s in this drama, which is good to hear that her character is acting like a mature adult. This drama sounds really interesting to me-hopefully Viki will sub the episodes quickly so i can check out the first episode.

 

9 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

Its not like SYR is extremely short I looked up her height shes 5'2 shes at least taller than me lol I feel like its more that her male leads are taller than average but I do like the height difference I havent been able to watch the drama yet cant find the link so I cant share my opinion on the show itself     

 

Yes, I'll agree that 5'2" is not a very short height for a woman, but yes, when she is next to male lead who is 6' plus, she look so tiny. I don't like the big height difference trend for lead couples. Often for me  it make the female lead look like a child next to male lead.  I know a lot of other people think it make everyone look "cute'. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

this means they need to kiss every 24 hours? :D 

 

No. He regained his taste for 1 hour the first time and it gets reduced with each kiss by 10 mintues. Now (after EP8) only two kisses are left. All kisses until now weren't romantic or something to feel pleased about even when I think with the "repeat the first time" try our ML felt a bit more since he needed to stopped by our FL :phew: with a slap :D.
At the moment we don't know if the time will enhance when the kisses will be given freely and with romantic/lusty feelings in future or if he loose it forever after that.

In his childhood you can see that the hero didn't had that enhanced taste. I'm curious if he just learned it or if it has something to do with our heroine's accident loosing hers. Drama writers love childhood conections, so it rather would be a surprise if this Drama doesn't have that as well.

 

Since I will continue watching that I probably should start learning the character names :P.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the official Weibo doesn't have BTS or Previews yet, just a few pictures.

 

ilcnl8td.jpg

Spoiler

3aydfzc3.jpg

She truly looks very young? Since the height is taken out here...still? I think they both look the same age.
Another plus: both look natural without those weird high nosebridges who seem to be a trend recently.

 

Airdates calendar. Other than Tencent IQIYI doesn't seem to differ between their international and Chinese VIP, so yay :wub:.

7h8dikup.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as much as WeiXun had acute sense of taste to get him where he is today, he had work for it too.....

 

he study and his passion for wine tasting which is a connection he hold dear due to his love for his mother...the only person who encourage him while his dad only disapprove and give him all the disappointing words he could have enough as a kid...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it funny that he picks always one BZ about her love for Fast Food and how it affects the taste buds. But he drinks wine. Alcohol is biological a cell poison. So he kills them for sure while she only numbs them :lol:.
 

Spoiler

I just watched EP9 and 10 and I really love the Drama now. The storyline has lots of antagonists but not evil yet (I think it is BZ's father's friend who is still alive) and layers. Even though it isn't complicated to understand it, I love how the characters are. BD surely is the most interesting character for me and even YB's role is more interesting as WX yet. He is too straight.

I like how BD wants revenge for his family's dead but still can't let BZ cry in the dark alone. I see lots of tears for him in the future and want to hug him already now. The culprit surely will be someone other than BZ's dad who seem to have partly lost his mind after his daughter's accident. BZ also has seen something she shouldn't and the accident surely wasn't one. Someone tried to kill her.

WX got his taste back with the last kiss. I'm curious if he looses it again when BZ leaves. At least from his side the last kiss was because he loved her and was angry she didn't likes him...she says.

 

After 10 episodes I can surely say the actors are very good to good and the directing and editing is very well made. I'm officially hooked with this Drama. I'm glad that this a Chinese Drama and not a Japanese one with only one episode per week. The November will be long enough :sweatingbullets:.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

The November will be long enough :sweatingbullets:.

 

hahaha well at least you are better than me i will need to skip a week with no drama....i will be traveling lols

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, angelangie said:

as much as WeiXun had acute sense of taste to get him where he is today, he had work for it too.....

 

he study and his passion for wine tasting which is a connection he hold dear due to his love for his mother...the only person who encourage him while his dad only disapprove and give him all the disappointing words he could have enough as a kid...

That is true. He works hard to be the best.  I like the flash backs with his mom because we get to see a very different side of him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, n3bula said:

That is true. He works hard to be the best.  I like the flash backs with his mom because we get to see a very different side of him. 

 

yes....the father didnt believe in him.....saying that he can only be a normal wine taster .....

 

the father wanted him to give up...and wanted to bring his son down....not sure for whatever reason.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...I‘m curious why his mother wanted him to be it that much? The pressure was incredible. Probably his father was talking to his mother and doesn’t necessarily mean to be mean to his son. 
 

The child actor is incredible. He impersonated Simon‘s WX perfectly. The way like he talks and the body language. Awesome!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

Well...I‘m curious why his mother wanted him to be it that much? The pressure was incredible. Probably his father was talking to his mother and doesn’t necessarily mean to be mean to his son. 
 

The child actor is incredible. He impersonated Simon‘s WX perfectly. The way like he talks and the body language. Awesome!

 

true just maybe the way the father said could be better.....so that it didnt create a gap in between the father and son....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...