[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] Flavors It's Yours / Instead of Tipsy Why Not Get Drunk 看见味道的你 / 与其微醺何不醉

Admin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ich think it is 60 times including the NG or otherwise we would have a few kisses each episode. Since EP13&14 only had one (together, not one per episode) it won't make sense. Not that I would complain about. They are realy good especially that kiss on the thumbnail above is very well made and shows that the actors are comfortable with each other AND the directing is quite good. When I compare it to the kiss to this weeks in Robot Boyfriend you clearly see the difference when the actors trying their best but it is wasn't well recorded.

Spoiler

So, today we had our first real comfortable kiss and not just a peck or angry fight. :wub:

4 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

Ich think it is 60 times including the NG or otherwise we would have a few kisses each episode. Since EP13&14 only had one (together, not one per episode) it won't make sense. Not that I would complain about. They are realy good especially that kiss on the thumbnail above is very well made and shows that the actors are comfortable with each other AND the directing is quite good. When I compare it to the kiss to this weeks in Robot Boyfriend you clearly see the difference when the actors trying their best but it is wasn't well recorded.

Hide contents

So, today we had our first real comfortable kiss and not just a peck or angry fight. :wub:

I like how comfortable Yiren and Simon are with each other. It shows on the drama plus their natural chemistry is great. 

They are comfortable with each other for sure, more like buddies and that is why we get good chemistry. While other actors clearly are holding the actress on her upper legs when they do the Koala hug, Simon is allowed to touch her butt. Of course there is still nothing naughty about. In the Joke Video he also takes the chips away that she doesn’t eat too many before the spice kicks in. 

12 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

They are comfortable with each other for sure, more like buddies and that is why we get good chemistry. While other actors clearly are holding the actress on her upper legs when they do the Koala hug, Simon is allowed to touch her butt. Of course there is still nothing naughty about. In the Joke Video he also takes the chips away that she doesn’t eat too many before the spice kicks in. 

Yes I agree they are super comfortable with each other. I do hope they get to work together again. 

Spoiler

Today's episodes were mostly pure fluff. We have two official couples now. I like how much outspoken MY is. She can see through YN. To be honest, that couple is more my taste :ph34r:. The 2nd story arc also started. The evil character appeared and dad started to make moves too.

What I really liked was the girl chasing after WX and her decision to "let him go". She said that she is worth to be loved too. I love the screenwriter for that sentence. So many successfull 2nd leads do anything to get the 1st ML even when it is clear she doesn't have a chance. This girl here had brains and honored the fact that she made her way without him until now and she will be fine too in future. What a big step for women in Drama. Normally it is only the 2nd ML who prefers to stay a friend.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:38 PM, n3bula said:

Yes. Simon said she is very light. Plus they did more than 60 kissing scenes. Is that a record in dramas? Not that I'm complaining here. :D

Wow! 60 kiss scenes is a lot. I think perhaps the Chinese dramas are finally learning that sex sells?  Current airing drama The Love By Hypnotic also has the leads kissing every episode now. And not just a little peck-they are full on kisses with both male & female lead responding.  I guess will be the same for this drama.  I don't complain either. It is a welcome change to have consentual love scenes with both actors responding. 

On 11/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, usagi1997 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for that info..it makes sense. So glad to hear that the actors are comfortable with each other and there is a natural chemistry. Also I am glad if the director is skilled with the kiss scenes and cares about it.  It does make a difference. I'm looking forward to watching those scenes.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, n3bula said:

I like how comfortable Yiren and Simon are with each other. It shows on the drama plus their natural chemistry is great. 

Yes, it makes all the difference when you are comfortable with and trust your acting partner. It gives the actors more freedom and makes for better acting scenes. I also like the chemistry between the 2 main leads. 

So I have watched the drama through Episode 5. So far, the story is holding my interest. I don't really understand the 'kiss exchange" part of the drama. As of now there are "2 kisses left" but I am unclear about what happens after that.  So, is the goal to try and figure out why the sense of taste exchange happened and fix it so that WX will get his sense of taste back permanently before the "last kiss"? Like, if they don't figure it out then the exchange becomes permanent, right? As in Weixun would have no taste and BZ would have the taste forever?  other than a retracing of their first meeting, not a lot of investigating has happened about the taste exchange. Hopefully we will see more investigation in the upcoming episodes.  The high school senior classmate is mysterious. From the flashback , he seemed to be close friends with BZ and she had a crush on him, but then we had that creepy scene with him wearing a mask and it look like he has been stalking BZ and lying to her about what he's been doing for the past 7 years since he disappeared.  

I think the main leads already starting to like each other in Ep. 5, but not realize it themselves yet.  Weixun was little bit jealous of Senior Classmate at the restaurant and then forbid Buzui to have boyfriend while working for him ( so she will "stay focused"-uh, huh sure WX.:)) And then BZ not want to leave WX.  The possible romance between Senior Classmate and the Magazine editor- I like it.  With several mysteries being set up and the 2 lovelines, I think the drama will be getting even better in the coming episodes. 

I think we can agree on that Love by Hypnotic has the most kiss scenes in a C-Drama ever but it isn’t this alone that makes a good Romance.

Spoiler

The reason for the transfer was discovered last week. It doesn’t need a kiss at all. :phew:

Hello guys. If you have Netflix please request Flavour It's Yours. I have done so with the chinese title as well 看见味道的你. Saw that another series from iQIYI is on Netflix so it would be cool to see FIY there too. 

Archived