[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] Flavors It's Yours / Instead of Tipsy Why Not Get Drunk 看见味道的你 / 与其微醺何不醉

Admin

Since the official Weibo doesn't have BTS or Previews yet, just a few pictures.

ilcnl8td.jpg

Spoiler

3aydfzc3.jpg

She truly looks very young? Since the height is taken out here...still? I think they both look the same age.
Another plus: both look natural without those weird high nosebridges who seem to be a trend recently.

Airdates calendar. Other than Tencent IQIYI doesn't seem to differ between their international and Chinese VIP, so yay :wub:.

7h8dikup.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it funny that he picks always one BZ about her love for Fast Food and how it affects the taste buds. But he drinks wine. Alcohol is biological a cell poison. So he kills them for sure while she only numbs them :lol:.

Spoiler

I just watched EP9 and 10 and I really love the Drama now. The storyline has lots of antagonists but not evil yet (I think it is BZ's father's friend who is still alive) and layers. Even though it isn't complicated to understand it, I love how the characters are. BD surely is the most interesting character for me and even YB's role is more interesting as WX yet. He is too straight.

I like how BD wants revenge for his family's dead but still can't let BZ cry in the dark alone. I see lots of tears for him in the future and want to hug him already now. The culprit surely will be someone other than BZ's dad who seem to have partly lost his mind after his daughter's accident. BZ also has seen something she shouldn't and the accident surely wasn't one. Someone tried to kill her.

WX got his taste back with the last kiss. I'm curious if he looses it again when BZ leaves. At least from his side the last kiss was because he loved her and was angry she didn't likes him...she says.

After 10 episodes I can surely say the actors are very good to good and the directing and editing is very well made. I'm officially hooked with this Drama. I'm glad that this a Chinese Drama and not a Japanese one with only one episode per week. The November will be long enough :sweatingbullets:.

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

as much as WeiXun had acute sense of taste to get him where he is today, he had work for it too.....

he study and his passion for wine tasting which is a connection he hold dear due to his love for his mother...the only person who encourage him while his dad only disapprove and give him all the disappointing words he could have enough as a kid...

That is true. He works hard to be the best.  I like the flash backs with his mom because we get to see a very different side of him. 

Well...I‘m curious why his mother wanted him to be it that much? The pressure was incredible. Probably his father was talking to his mother and doesn’t necessarily mean to be mean to his son. 

The child actor is incredible. He impersonated Simon‘s WX perfectly. The way like he talks and the body language. Awesome!

Spoiler

EP12 was hard. I didn’t knew we would get a bomb that early otherwise that Drama isn’t that that long so no need for dragging fillers. B)

When we learned that BD was a twin I always thought he was taking over his brother’s personality and broke up with BZ for that reason. It was nice to learn that BD truly loved BZ but my heart bleed for him dying such a meaningless dead. YN is so full of self hate, that my heart breaks for him :bawling:. M will have a big nut to crack. He is so desperate to be loved and I think he fell for her at first sight.

WX lost his taste again. But he was quite happy that he had a reason to contact BZ again. Since she doesn’t seem to got back hers he probably is imagining that he lost it. He clearly is in love with her.

They showed a bit what happened to BZ. Someone killed YN‘s dad and she saw it. So her loss of taste is psychological but why she switched it with WX makes no sense now. Since this Drama doesn’t has a superpower vibe we probably will learn an interesting twist.

On 11/8/2019 at 5:08 AM, usagi1997 said:

She truly looks very young? Since the height is taken out here...still? I think they both look the same age.
Another plus: both look natural without those weird high nosebridges who seem to be a trend recently.

Thanks for sharing the photos.  I think SYR looks good in the photo you share of her and Simon sitting next to each other and her facial expression she also look more her age there, and yes I agree with you in this photo SYR & Simon look of similar age together.  You can see it  more clearly in this photo. She also styled nice with her clothes too and not wearing the jumpsuit.  

14 hours ago, angelangie said:

actually i like her wardrobe better here, she look alot better except when she is wearing jeans, i prefer her not wearing jeans with her shirt tuck in, it make her look very very young :x

Do you mean her wardrobe in the drama or just the clothes in the photo here where she sitting next to Simon on a bridge overlooking the water? She is wearing the blue jeans in the photo but no tucked in shirt. Instead she wear a hoodie and green jacket. Yes, it is nice look on her and I think is more realistic to what a woman in her 20's would wear, so fit better for her character. Yes, I agree the styling of an actor/actress can help make them look younger/older. 

I'm still waiting for Viki to finish the subtitles on episode and release to all languages. It going slow, and hard for me to wait because the information here about the plot make me very interested in the drama. So I thank you and everyone else in the forum for sharing the information, pictures, clips,and thoughts on this drama as give me something to read and fill the time while waiting. 

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

yiren must be very light for them to be able to let her hang on her co-star without problem lols

Yes. Simon said she is very light. Plus they did more than 60 kissing scenes. Is that a record in dramas? Not that I'm complaining here. :D

Archived