[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Flipped 喜欢你时风好甜

sugarplum892

12 hours ago, angelangie said:

im just back myself today lols :D 3 days later than you :D 

lols......

Reveal hidden contents

The healer can heal ppl but came with a price and they can't heal everyone.....as most of us know now :) and thanks guys for keeping this going.... i was away for holiday just got back myself today :D 

@thunderman1 u said u like cheesy.....but i think like @vietgurl4ever206 mentioned we might have a sad ending though i'm keeping my finger cross for now

Welcome back! I'm currently on episode 4... the transitions are very bad fyi. There is no connection from the previous episode to current. Scenes are a bit choppy so I presume that the budget is low.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

didnt really notice that lols.....im bad with noticing all these things sometimes unless they are very obvious

If you watch ep 2 ending and then onwards to ep 3, the scene jumped and didn't connect to the previous episode! Though I like the otp. lots of chemistry: 

The episodes are short.. all caught up! :D

I will watch ep 9-12 all tonight. Giggly. Ep 9-11 are all sweet kisses. :D

Finished all the way to ep 12.. so Shuang Shuang or the sister has to die.. though the premonitions show that the sister dies. I'm not understanding why the title of this drama is called Flipped?

i just finish up to ep 16 and i am surprised with it..... can i say that the Shuang Shuang was Qi Xun's first love??? As i found out that he doesn't know how to express how much he loves her!!!! but he is cute when he unable to express it out

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

i seen from some of the preview that they broken up? im yet to watch and im holding back if they are breaking in between now....i want to watch at a go when they made or if they actually made up....

@angelangie yes, Shuang Shuang "broke up" with him at ep 13 as mention on the trailer...since i have watched till ep 16 .. all i can says he didn't admit that they broke up .. he says they only have quarreling .. lol he is dorky adorable

22 hours ago, visiopeia said:

i just finish up to ep 16 and i am surprised with it..... can i say that the Shuang Shuang was Qi Xun's first love??? As i found out that he doesn't know how to express how much he loves her!!!! but he is cute when he unable to express it out

can you PM me? I'm on ep 12 and I don't see any of my normal websites post ep 12-16 yet.

Update: I found the eps. :)

On 1/5/2019 at 2:18 AM, angelangie said:

im just back myself today lols :D 3 days later than you :D 

lols......

Reveal hidden contents

The healer can heal ppl but came with a price and they can't heal everyone.....as most of us know now :) and thanks guys for keeping this going.... i was away for holiday just got back myself today :D 

@thunderman1 u said u like cheesy.....but i think like @vietgurl4ever206 mentioned we might have a sad ending though i'm keeping my finger cross for now

I'm thinking it might be flipped.. no way would the trailer reveal sad ending and expect it to be sad. The title is Flipped so I hope they--the producers adhere to what viewers want. lol 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:40 PM, Darrkn3ss said:

Lmao I also wanna know when they made up. I for one don’t like her guardian friend he is way too posesive in a all into your business kinda of way. 

Ep 16. The plot is pretty light and cheesy. The friend is obsessive and not possessive. Two different concepts you are in reference to my dear.  The friend is her guardian but he eventually confesses his feelings to her in ep 17-19 base on the previews.

Gah.  *closes eyes*  I should not have visited this thread.  Haha.  But I'm not too worried.  This doesn't seem the type of drama to have a sad ending and let's be honest.  It was pretty obv from the beginning who was what role despite what people might have believed, known, not known.  :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I missed this in the early episodes when the whole Special Talent/Healer/Protector thing was being explained (I admit, there were a few episodes where I was not paying very close attention), but I don't understand why it's so bad for Shuang Shuang to help Qi Tian.  Don't misunderstand.  I understand why Shuang Shuang is feeling misused by Qi Xun.  But I just mean, on a logistical level, will harm come to Shuang Shuang if she heals Qi Tian?

It just seems that with these three classes of people... the Protectors exist to protect the Healers.  And Healers are the only one who can help the Special Talents (or whatever that class of people are called), because every time they use their talent they have to pay for it in another way.  So, if the Healer is the only one who can help the Special Talent, then doesn't it mean that's why they exist in the same way that the Protector exists to help the Healer? 

The only reason I can come up with for why Shuang Shuang isn't healing Qi Tian is because they (especially her father) don't want people to know she has the powers, as then everyone will come to her in the same way that everyone sought assistance from her mother (hence, the bad guy who's running around).  But if that's the only reason, can't they just heal Qi Tian behind closed doors so no one has to know but those directly involved? 

Or will Shuang Shuang get sick/be harmed in some way if she tries to heal someone?  (Like how the special talents have to pay a price for using their talent, will she too have to pay a price for healing someone?) 

Unless I missed an explanation at some point, which is entirely possible and why I'm asking, this just seems like some giant plot hole.  But it's fine.  I'm still watching because the story is otherwise entertaining.  Heh.

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

Actually ShuangShuang wasnt reluctant in healing QiTian.....however it was the conversation that happen in between ... QiXun & ShiLang....that ShuangShuang chance upon ....

as it was there that stated QiXun initial motive in getting close to ShuangShuang was because they suspected that ShuangShuang might be the healer they were looking for to help QiTian.....

That doesn't really make sense then.  Because the result of Shuang Shuang not helping Qi Tian, is that Qi Tian will die.  I think for most people, but especially Shuang Shuang who has an extremely kind heart, that would be an unacceptable situation and they would feel compelled to help. 

Again, I totally understand why she feels misused by Qi Xun and is questioning whether their entire relationship was founded on a lie.  I get that part of the story.  She's making him pay for that now, and she should.  But it just also seems like given what Qi Tian's going through in the meantime, she'd want to help her -- since she also likes Qi Tian -- and deal with Qi Xun separately.   Basically, help the sister, but make the brother prove himself and win her back.

Maybe it's because Qi Tian's death is not an imminent thing, and were she on an actual death bed, Shuang Shuang would step in immediately to help?  But since Qi Tian's just facing an eventual death, the drama feels like there's time to drag all this stuff out?  Gahhh.  I don't know. 

Another thing I just thought of is, if Shuang Shuang does heal Qi Tian, then what?  Does that means Qi Tian is healed for life?  And does that mean she will stop having future visions?  Or that any future visions she continues to have will not drain her of life?  Or is this going to be a situation where she'll continue to have future visions that drain her of life, but a Healer (whether that's Qi Tian or someone else) is going to periodically have to restore her to health? 

So. Many. Questions.  And I suspect we'll never get answers to any of them.  :P 

@angelangie, it's true that a Healer can't heal everyone -- we've been beaten over the head with that concept through the Evil Guy and his older brother (when he was alive) -- but it's clear Shuang Shuang can help Qi Tian (and did, to some extent, when she gave her CPR) since that's why Healers exist, to be able to help those with Special Talents like Qi Xun and Qi Tian. 

But your suggestion that Shuang Shuang taking in wounds into her body means that she also has to heal those wounds in her body goes back to my original question which was whether Shuang Shuang would suffer any ill effects from healing someone.  I'm still not convinced that Shuang Shuang fainting after giving Qi Tian CPR is a side effect that she'll experience every time a Healer helps someone -- because it hasn't been intimidated that her mother had to deal with anything similar to that when she lived.  In fact, her mother was able to be a doctor because she was a Healer.  Instead, I think it's more plausible that she fainted because it was the first time her power came into use and it was something unfamiliar to her (in fact, she wasn't even aware of it at that time).  Similarly, I don't think a Protector is necessarily there to help a Healer get over whatever injuries/symptoms that may befall them from helping someone out.  As it is, it's not like we saw Kun Lun doing anything to Shuang Shuang when she fainted after giving Qi Tian CPR.  Rather, my understanding of the Protector role is that he exists to basically be her bodyguard. So, I'm not convinced that Shuang Shuang helping someone as a Healer means that she herself will fall ill in some way as well.

@angelangie, I don't think you're necessarily wrong and what you say makes sense (particularly with the idea that in order to maintain balance, when something flows in something also has to flow out), but what I am saying is that I don't think the Rules of the Special Powers have been well explained in this drama, which is why we are able to debate it as we have today.  Because apart from a general overview explanation of how things work, we haven't been provided a specific explanation detailing how every parameter works either. And I get it.  To an extent, it would be probably be going into too much of the weeds to be of interest to the viewers.  But, on the other hand, viewers aren't stupid either so there needs to be some logic to how things work.  To be honest, I think this is a problem that many dramas struggle with when they start introducing the concept of Special Powers, Worlds, etc., and whatnot

*shrugs*

We'll see what happens.  As much as I've been debating this point, it's really not my main focus of the drama.  LOL.  I'm more interested in Qi Xun and Shuang Shuang figuring out their relationship.  I hope it won't be long before she gives him the opportunity to explain that while he may have initially sought her out because he believed her to be the Healer, in the end, it was her (and not the fact that she was a Healer) that he fell in love with.  In fact, when he fell in love with her, he had already ruled her out as being the Healer! 

I'm also curious as to the Introduction of the new woman, whose name I can't recall.  She acts like a friend in front of Shuang Shuang, but a seducer in front of Qi Xun.  It seems clear she is also a Healer and my guess is that even though the drama has thus far painted her as a two-faced person to both Qi Xun and us (the viewers), we'll eventually learn that she's just been testing Qi Xun this entire time . 

11 minutes ago, angelangie said:

as far as i can see.....QiXun seems to be well aware of the new girl intention and he has no urge to actually to really wanted to use her....however he probably wanted her to heal his sister so that he can have a chance to save the relationship in between him and ShuangShuang....honest? i think he should just stick to ShuangShuang....

I do appreciate that he keeps his distance and doesn't allow himself to be caught in her traps.  I hate when, in dramas, the male leads are too naive and let themselves get caught in compromising situations with evil second female leads!  But here, he's handling her with skill.  I laughed when he did his flash travel thing to the other side of the room after she got too close to him on one occasion.  LOL.  But yes, it seems like he only goes along with what the other woman is doing when she dangles Shuang Shuang in front of him.  It's hard for him to pass up any potential opportunities in that regard since he's so desperate to win Shuang Shuang back right now. 

1 minute ago, angelangie said:

he kinda remind me of 'All about Eve' Jang DongGun whom kept a distance away when the evil girl trying to trap him seeing that he is a better catch :D 

OMG....... YEEEESSSSSSS. How fitting that you should name him as an example, as he is also my Go-To example for that as well.  My first Korean drama and always a first love in my heart, LOL.  :heart:

But to make sure we also stay on point with Flipped, let me share that one thing I like to do when watching a drama is figure out from background clues the location of where things are being filmed.  It looks like much of the drama was filmed in Beitou, Taipei, Taiwan.  We see the She Zi bridge a lot in background scenes, and I assume the Aloft hotel that they stay at is also the one located in Beitou.  When Shuang Shuang travels for work, the place they visit is Renshan Botanical Garden in Yilan County, Taiwan.  And the place that Qi Xun and Kun Lan visit when they're looking for that painting is the Western Museum in Taichung County, Taiwan.

I just found out about this drama when I saw it coming soon to Viki. It looks interesting and wow!-some good kiss scenes, so it is definitely on my watch list. A kind person at MDL post the official Youtube link that has english subs, so I try to watch episodes there but to be honest I find the english translations often confusing to me so thanks to everyone here for their explanations of the plot and what is ESP, Healer, etc. Good news that the drama is coming to Viki! I will need to rewatch the drama on Viki for sure. I hope the drama will have happy ending!

Archived