Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

On 3/24/2019 at 12:55 PM, jongski said:

Just finished d raw of Ep 2 . I'm totally waned down from excitement of Ep1. I got bored. Too many annoying flashbacks during second half. It's not even the kind of flashback that I like in drama (ie : MBB awesome flashback, dream in a dream type).

My Beautiful Bride has great flashback sequences accompanied with solid music composition. OCN's other shows like Life in Mars, the director does a superb job/keen eyes for flashback/dream-like sequences that serves as a metaphorical symbolism for the lead character's state of mind. The directing for Kill It is fair but for an action/thriller, it doesn't have the grit/intensity of BadGuys 1&2/MBB in terms of fight choreography/cinematography. But then again, there's only 2 episodes out. It seems the director is from the same department that directed 100 days My Prince?

Things I've noticed about SH as an assassin so far is that he appears/cuts into places too seamlessly. The process of him conducting himself for a 

task/hit(ex:getting ready, retrieving weapons/tools, infiltrating whereabouts, investigating, analyzing) needs a bit more depth/detail. He lacks a sense of flair. The same thing can be said about the detective/

procedural part for Hyun Jin's character.

• Like 5

My theory is that I have a feeling KSH is probably the real son and the girl in the picture is his real sister but I’m not sure where his blue eyes came from. Maybe it’s a rare disease that he’s born with it.. idk.. The dad (Do Jae Hwan) which is not DHJ’s real dad as she’s adopted to replace the real daughter (which is why she understands Seul Gi’s pain) wanted to kill KSH for whatever reasons as Pavel said, “your father tried to kill you” or something along that line.. so I’m thinking DHJ’s adoptive dad is KSH’s real dad which is why he have to kill DHJ in order to find out about his past. In the preview of ep. 3 the dad said “I did my part, now you do your part.” Meaning he probably have something to do with KSH’s past. As I mentioned from my previous comment, KSH and DHJ’s past may connect somehow..

• Like 6

Yep. Their scenes are nice backdrop of sunrise/set...

Edit: but  I don't want a romance. I don't feel it. With them.. but that's just me. ( Still waiting episode 2 sub)

Just finished watching epispode 1 with sub. And from what I understood, the care taker of the building where KSH stays  said a high school senior owns the building... and she's like a well-off orphan. So referring to her? About to watch episode 2 now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So I just finished episode 2 with sub. I understood better.  So according to Pavel (ep 1) the person who tried to kill KSY was his own father.. who is likely the one who adopted DHJ.  She was brought to paicy and subdue the mother who has depression.

3 hours ago, elizabeth said:

My theory is that I have a feeling KSH is probably the real son and the girl in the picture is his real sister but I’m not sure where his blue eyes came from. Maybe it’s a rare disease that he’s born with it.. idk.. The dad (Do Jae Hwan) which is not DHJ’s real dad as she’s adopted to replace the real daughter (which is why she understands Seul Gi’s pain) wanted to kill KSH for whatever reasons as Pavel said, “your father tried to kill you” or something along that line.. so I’m thinking DHJ’s adoptive dad is KSH’s real dad which is why he have to kill DHJ in order to find out about his past. In the preview of ep. 3 the dad said “I did my part, now you do your part.” Meaning he probably have something to do with KSH’s past. As I mentioned from my previous comment, KSH and DHJ’s past may connect somehow..

@elizabeth Yup. The mother may have become like that because of what happened to KSY when he was child?

• Like 3

Maybe that man isn't his real father either?  Maybe he is just the stepfather?  Or maybe not.  I'm trying to figure out why he would want to kill his own son. 

As for the blue eyes thing.  I think it is possible that he might have Waardenburg syndrome which causes discoloration in the eyes---which would also makes sense considering the original title was "blue eyes".  

I am somewhat let down by the directing of the drama.  It seems to skip around randomly and doesn't allow the viewers to connect with the characters.  Although I do enjoy the fight scenes---not so much with the explosion scenes because it just doesn't make sense to me.  Also I don't understand why after Kim Soon Hyun escaped the explosion, he suddenly had a lack of interest in wanting to find out who caused it.  I know he was threatened but still...

I am hoping for a lot of things to make sense later in the upcoming episodes so I can enjoy it more rather than trying to focus on the silly details.

That scene where they took a stroll together, it was obvious she came off a little flirty.  I also have a gut feeling they are not related but they have ties.  There are more questions than answers so let the unraveling begin.

I actually thought their unexpected "shooting" date was rather cute.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I really want to watch this series, but Netflix and Viki both don't have it. Can someone send me a direct message about where I can watch it? I hope that's okay with the forum rules. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

I really want to watch this series, but Netflix and Viki both don't have it. Can someone send me a direct message about where I can watch it? I hope that's okay with the forum rules. 

Check your messages.  ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fitzsimmons said:

Thank you guys!

Glad to help.  

I'm still in the middle of episode 1.  Trying to catch up on my watch list!

hulya.23_d801

Lol. I feel like Nana and JKY are filming a commercial in that scene.  It's the crazy visuals.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Just gonna leave this awesome fan video here (someone really knows what they are doing, an awesome edit)

As for the drama...well, I like it so far and I guess it all comes down to the fact that I didn't have any expectations, so my disappointment is also close to zero. The drama is sleek and the visuals are on point, count me in. :kiss_wink: 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I'm probably the only one not very happy with "Kill It". :D

It's quite predictable. Here we have a boy who was raised to be an assassin by his foster father. I love the foster father btw, I really enjoyed his character in Mr. Sunshine. So obviously, the boy grew up to be a skilled killer. Even the rules are nothing new. 

Then we moved on to the female protagonist. An outstanding police officer who happens to be the daughter of the most influential, powerful, and wicked family. I feel like I know where this is going to end. It's really quite predictable. Then they're gonna fall in love. Then he will eventually break the rules his foster father built for him for his own good. Then they both will get hurt. Then she will know his true identity but she too has fallen in love already, so... she will end up helping him. 

Come on.., let's demand for a more creative storyline that is far from predictable! :D

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, Chikadora said:

It's quite predictable. Here we have a boy who was raised to be an assassin by his foster father. I love the foster father btw, I really enjoyed his character in Mr. Sunshine. So obviously, the boy grew up to be a skilled killer. Even the rules are nothing new. 

Then we moved on to the female protagonist. An outstanding police officer who happens to be the daughter of the most influential, powerful, and wicked family. I feel like I know where this is going to end. It's really quite predictable. Then they're gonna fall in love. Then he will eventually break the rules his foster father built for him for his own good. Then they both will get hurt. Then she will know his true identity but she too has fallen in love already, so... she will end up helping him. 

Come on.., let's demand for a more creative storyline that is far from predictable! :D

You're definitely not the only one. :D Actually, from what I've seen, there are far more people who don't like it that those who do. I get where they are coming from, the criticism is valid. I agree with all the points you've stated about the predictable plot but there's little that can be done here at this point. I'm just glad that I'm so busy with real life that I'm being blissfully ignorant to what I'm watching right now, otherwise, I'd be criticising this drama with the rest of you. OCN's dramas were pretty hit-or-miss this year. Priest was a let down after the success of The guest but Kill it seems like an improvement, so I'm hopeful. I don't think the main leads will have a happy ending even if they'll fall in love. Just don't see how this relationship could possibly work. Yes, he might be hot but who knows how many people he killed and how many of them were simply witnesses and not drug lords. She's a police officer + he might've killed her boyfriend, so I have no idea how they can possibly have even a semi-happy ending. We should make a bet about who will make it out alive between the two. I think he'll die in the end. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chikadora said:

Sort of agree that it's not the most creative show so far and I am someone that a bit disappointed with how it has started but you're oversimplifying it quite a bit.

Especially because it looks ike the FL's "family" is probably the ML's real family. His dad wanted to kill him for some reason. Assuming his sister also died/is around somewhere. Or the girl in the family pic could be a friend when he was young which is the FL (this would be lame though and predictable with the childhood connection kdramas love). Or they're brother and sister which would definitely move the show into a more unpredictable and dark territory but I'd be surprised if they went that way.

There are plot threads there to make it interesting and unpredictable but considering there's only 12 episodes hopefully these start getting threaded soon.

Also hopefully no-more cringy slo-mo's like the one we got at the end of episode 2 - I wanted a dark thriller damn it

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

Also hopefully no-more cringy slo-mo's like the one we got at the end of episode 2 - I wanted a dark thriller damn it

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 3

....and I'm gonna stop lurking on this thread so that Kill It isn't wrecked for me.  I wish that people would share good things instead of just negatives.  It's very discouraging.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

I don’t watch a lot of Korean dramas so I could be wrong but I feel like when it comes to dramas, the action/thriller/dark/gory theme never really satisfy me but I guess because it can be too violent so they don’t go that extreme. I still think the first IRIS drama is probably the most satisfying action drama I’ve watched. Kill It has potential.. was hoping for at least 16 episodes. I think 12 is too short to cover their storyline and including their past but overall, I actually enjoy watching this drama. 

• Like 3