[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

0ly40

I'm heartbroken...

... that's it.

I knew it would be tragic and painful but not that much. I agree that it was too brutal, he didn't deserve that.

6 hours ago, Sanju98 said:

I know there were a lot of discrepancies.

But I loved it.

I loved the ost, and the otp and the side characters.

I know he's dead, but in my ideal future, Hyeon Jin has enough of being a cop, and leaves with Su Hyeon in the country side with new identities.

He'll be just a vet(albeit a hot one), and she'll be his assistant. Seul Gi is the little sister, and the cool aunt to their kids.

Kinda like the ending of Song Joong-ki and Moon Chae-won in Innocent Man

I want them happy

They all deserve to be happy

Thank you so much for this alternative ending, I will pretend that it was what actually happend. lol

This is the second drama that the OCN makes me cry like a baby in the last episode. I'm getting traumatized...

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh what an sad and really bad ending.

Going to forget this drama fast.

8 hours ago, Sanju98 said:

I know he's dead, but in my ideal future, Hyeon Jin has enough of being a cop, and leaves with Su Hyeon in the country side with new identities.

He'll be just a vet(albeit a hot one), and she'll be his assistant. Seul Gi is the little sister, and the cool aunt to their kids.

Kinda like the ending of Song Joong-ki and Moon Chae-won in Innocent Man

I want them happy

They all deserve to be happy

I take that ending aswell. 

Think this show has had issues right until the end in nearly every aspect - it had so much going for it at the start as well. I think most of us saw him dying but regardless, the writing for this drama was just not good enough, so many shortcomings and nonsensical plotlines/decisions by characters

It has ended now so not bothered enough to complain anymore so props to the main two female actresses, thought they nailed these last two episodes, especially the final scene from Nana when he dies.

This drama had so much potential but sadly failed to reach it.  Considering that it was only 12 episodes, I was expecting each episodes to be tight but the episodes ended up being dragging.  Nothing really happened until the last 2 episodes.  

No surprise at the ending as well.  I kinda expected that in the end, when he is placed in a position to decide whether he will let his father live or not, he will choose to kill him and he will be killed for it.  But the scene was a bit of an overkill for me.  So many policemen shooting at him?  I think the ending could have been more bittersweet if it was the female lead who had to kill him.

What was sad for me is that KSY (88) never really got to live his life.  He was born to be sacrificed and until the end, that's all what he saw his life to be. That's why it was easy for him to make the decision "to kill" and "be killed".  

No regrets in watching this however.  I discovered Jang Ki Yong here and started watching Come and Hug Me because of him.  I'm looking forward to watching more of his dramas in the future. 

4 hours ago, wenlhy said:

So happy to meet another Innocent Man fans here^^

I'm expecting open/sad ending, but not to this point, is it really NECESSARY to shoot him so many times until he die? T.T

5 minutes ago, millicom said:

This drama had so much potential but sadly failed to reach it.  Considering that it was only 12 episodes, I was expecting each episodes to be tight but the episodes ended up being dragging.  Nothing really happened until the last 2 episodes.  

No surprise at the ending as well.  I kinda expected that in the end, when he is placed in a position to decide whether he will let his father live or not, he will choose to kill him and he will be killed for it.  But the scene was a bit of an overkill for me.  So many policemen shooting at him?  I think the ending could have been more bittersweet if it was the female lead who had to kill him.

What was sad for me is that KSY (88) never really got to live his life.  He was born to be sacrificed and until the end, that's all what he saw his life to be. That's why it was easy for him to make the decision "to kill" and "be killed".  

No regrets in watching this however.  I discovered Jang Ki Yong here and started watching Come and Hug Me because of him.  I'm looking forward to watching more of his dramas in the future. 

Yeah,  i usually watch that kind of shooting in the war movie. I mean the police look like a SWAT team lol.

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Wait did we ever find out about how his eyes went from blue to brown? And if DHJ was bio kid of them or just a lookalike of the daughter? Does that mean KSY had always been related to the real DHJ ?

It was shown in one of the earlier episodes that he was wearing contact lenses to change the color of his eyes.   I think DHJ was not a product of artificial insemination because she wasn't a numbered child.  Maybe her parents abandoned her?  I think she was adopted when the daughter died.  As such, KSY and DHJ are not related at all.  KSY was "artificially manufactured" using the DNA of the dad because they need that so that he can donate his bone marrow to the daughter who has leukemia.

With some flaws with the drama... and the brutal ending of SY.... my eyes did watered at his death ... damned, was it even necessary for him to be shot so many times??? Its illogical, I was half hoping he will use his bullet vest - (damned with the logic since some logic has gone out of the window earlier on) and be alive.... Philip  - how the heck did he follow SY to house, sigh.. and it was never really explained how he came to Korea with SY....

How come SG is part of the Hansol's children? She would be as old and tall as SH and HJ.... :o

12 episodes is just about right, there were some draggy moments, if its gonna end with SY's dying, then its great that it ended at 12 and not let our misery linger longer... hahaha...

Nana is so pretty here... gonna check out her dramas as well. Overall, good drama, able to hold my interest while others are just too slow lately?...

Until the next drama everyone... BYe! :)

6 hours ago, philosophie said:

Wait did we ever find out about how his eyes went from blue to brown? And if DHJ was bio kid of them or just a lookalike of the daughter? Does that mean KSY had always been related to the real DHJ ?

Lol...Don't askedB)

The production waste such potential chemistry and interesting plot.

I came because Nana at least she provides her acting is standout despite the messed up plot development.

ending was sad....i cried...a bit...LOL.

the drama was so deep and had quite a few sad moments i thought.

i mean the story line kept me intrigued but sad at the same time.

TBH lurking in here and seeing you guys post up the Behind the Scenes stuff made me smile.

Despite how intense and serious the drama is, they all had fun on set.

11 hours ago, philosophie said:

Eyes = colored contact lens?  :w00t:

I apologize for my facetious and crazy answer.  But, my brain has gone wacky from climbing out of all the holes in the plot looking for answers they didn't give us. :rolleyes:

The initial concept, of the drama, was mysterious and intriguing. However, it didn't play out well as episodes. Story not tight in each episode, which made it seemed rambling.  Perhaps, it would have been better as an hour and a half movie.

Still, kudos for a valiant effort by the cast.  They should have found better writer and director.<_<

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

In EP 15, when SH went to the research lab before he blow up the place, there was a doctor that was explaining to SH how they were creating the artificial insemination. He said because of genetics and chromosomes, they were some children who were born with blue eyes and SH was one of the kids. As for why his eyes are brown now, he is wearing contact lens to hide it. 

KSH is the real brother of the real DHJ who died a long time ago. They have same father but different mothers considering the fact that KSH was born throught artificial insemination. The current DHJ who is the detective is from the same orphanage as KSH. She has no blood relationship with KSH except the fact that she got adopted by chairman Do who is the real father of KSH and the deceased DHJ. 

4 hours ago, wenlhy said:

If those sponsors / father are some rich guy, who is the mom? and is foster mother the one who giving birth these kids? sorry bad english

Remember the secretary of chairman Do ( I forgot her name) who was working with the Flower shop owner who originally hired KSH to kill these men in the first place? I don't remember the EP however when the hospital director searched the Secretary sister's name in the database of the hospital, it said that she was a surrogate mom who died in the same year as the numbered children. Meaning she probably got killed because they needed to get rid of evidence. This explained how the children were born in the first place. They were using surrogates. 

The foster mother who got killed used to take care the numbered children. She is the one who run away with the infant SG. 

I was pissed off that the SWAT team shot KSH like that:rage:. I was crying along with Nana when LSH was slowly dying:bawling:. Also poor SG was left alone again. She was waiting for KSH to come home:confounded: and eat with her.

Phillip- I remember from the beginning I was upset at his character for revealing KSH’s hide out to Karimov and his gangs. Then I got more annoyed towards the middle of the episodes when he was being very secretive with KSH. At first I wanted his character to die when he was tied to the ship because he has brought trouble and danger towards KSH & SG and he still does. But ep 11 & 12 definitely made me think differently of him. He finally started to show that he cared for SG when she was in danger. He also became useless and wanted to run away with KSH to a different country and tell KSH to abandon his mission but when KSH told him to take care of himself as KSH’s on his way to DJH’s house to assasinate him.. Phillip had the chance to escape but instead he fought along side KSH and taking down the bad guys. At that point I was hoping that Phillip will survive and live well like he wish to but when he protected KSH and was shot multiple times by PTS and when he finally said he was sorry and ask if they’re still friends proves that he has cared for KSH all along even when he was being useless. My heart broke a little when he died and when KSH told him to stay with him because he wanted Phillip to also look after SG.. my heart broke again when DHJ saw Phillip dead. Phillip was definitely a true friend.

Seul Gi- I was crying my heart out when she had her last and final conversation with KSH and told him that she’ll wait for him to return home safely even though she knew that it’s impossible.. she wanted to believe that he’ll return and they can go back to how things used to be.. him lecturing her and telling her to go upstairs and the two of them eating soleongtang together. She’s left alone again.. no Phillip.. no KSH.. no one to protect her. When she begged DHJ to give KSH a chance and forgive him for his wrong doings made me cry even more. She really loved him as he took care of her like a father taking care of his daughter. When they both hugged each other made me so sad because they both knew that chances of KSH staying alive and returning is 0%. But I’m glad that DHJ is now SG’s guardian as she’s very special and is the youngest survivor of the Hansol Orphanage. Now it’s DHJ’s job to protect her. 

Do Hyun Jin- I feel so bad for her. Losing both her loved ones twice is not easy. It’s traumatizing. I think losing KSH, she was more devastated and heart broken. I cried so much when they both held hands for the first and last time when KSH took his last breath. They both love each other but they know that they can’t be together which is even more sad. The last scene of DHJ watching SG playing with Gray, you can tell that she’s finally at piece but is missing someone special in her heart. At least she has Gray to remind her of KSH. Nana did such an amazing job during her crying scene. It felt so real and I can feel her pain. I just cried with her too.

Kim Soo Hyun- He was a savage person but he fought for justice till the very end. He may be cruel but he has a good heart. He loved the people around him, especially SG and DHJ. Even though seeking revenge was wrong but that’s all he knows. He has to complete the mission. I wished that Pavel was still alive to help him take down DJH’s gangs and PTS. The scene in the beginning of ep 12 when he called DHJ on the phone to take care of the numbered kids and SG and watching her from afar with tears in his eyes also broke my heart. He knows that this will be the end of them. Their reunion and confrontation at the end was so intense, sad, heartbreaking, and devastating. I cried really hard when the SWAT Team killed him. The look on DHJ’s face was just dead.. he didn’t even get to tell her that he loves her. I have to applaud JKY’s performance in the last scene. He gave it his all and he perfect the scene so well. It was so hard to watch and it’s still a shock for me. He improved a lot from Come And Hug Me.

The last episode was making my heart beat so fast. Every scene was so intense especially the last scene at DJH’s house. It was like a show down, shoot out, massacre.. brutal scene. I didn’t expect this drama to be that brutal. The ending was not what I wanted but we all know that it’s KSH’s fate. I think it was expected that he’s not gonna have a happy ending with his loved ones. But I’m glad we got to see him smile and hold hands with the person he loves by his side. At least that’s the kind of ending that KSH dreamed of. To live a normal life. Also, even though KHW is in jail, at least he got some closure. He wanted justice for what DJH did to his family and to the numbered childrens. Even though he probably won’t see the light, at least he knows that DJH’s evil deeds have come to an end. No more kids have to die. In conclusion, the storyline still lack a lot of plot holes though. For example, it never really explained who are SG’s parents, it’s still never very clear why KSH has blue eyes, wish the drama showed how KSH was made, the death of Hong Jung Hee and Yoon Ji Hye, there a lot of mysteries that were not clearly solved. Also, can we also talk about prosecutor Yoon Jae Hyun aka actor Ji Il Woo. I can’t believe he was in Hotel King. I think it’s time he fights for a leading role. Anyways, overall I love this drama despite the plot holes and even with no romantic scenes between the two leads, I loved and enjoy every scenes of them.

Archived