Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

6 hours ago, 12blbl said:

Was KSH’s client the man who had been accused killing his wife and daughter/ the gardener? It seems the secretary is the middle man who contact KSH.

Yes. 

• Like 1

OST Parts 1~2 [English Hardsubbed] (Youtube Playlist)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2019 at 7:16 AM, blademan said:

OMG IT'S GETTING SO GOOD  :scream:

Everything getting revealed slowly and the anxiety buildup!! Some of you complaining it's moving too slow but I'm loving it! The suspense is just too good!

Both SH and HJ knowing just bits of everything now - can't wait for them to piece them together :w00t:

And SH is slowly but surely growing fond of HJ and well...we know the ending is gonna be heartbreaking but I'm here for the ride!

PS. That dinner scene :wub: him maintaining eye contact throughout :heart:

he is definitely good at making people swoon and melt over his icy cold stares, actually that dinner scene eye contact was so intense (and could even be sexy) but we know how painful it was for him to realise that she was lee young eun and hyun jin too realising hes the boy who made her feel "paradise". srsly after this scene (and in episode 6), they dont develop some kind of budding romance, im just gonna T.T

in episode 6

Spoiler

did anyone notice that even tho su hyeon knows that hyun jin was sneaking around his stuff, he seemed like he was more concerned that she might see his candid photo of her w the ahjumma on the street instead of her finding out that he's the killer from the seo won seok pics and what-- was with that smirk?? it was as if he wudve been embarrassed to let her know. :wub:

every episode even tho its pretty cold and "stagnant" with pretty stoic characters, there is some kind of warmth especially between suhyeon and the people around him. its more warm and fuzzy whenever theres nana, esp the girl interactions but we all know its gonna melt down into a tragedy. i really like how hes finally becoming more "human" and hes finally finding meaning to his life yet his personality is still consistent, jang ki yong is really good heOL!!

possible tragic sad/open ending:

im totally fine with it and it wont affect my view of the value of the drama i hope...

i would be extremely surprised and happy if they managed to give a happy ending though

• Like 5

Finally caught up with this show but now let’s see if I understand things right:

SH/Number 88 is like his father surrounded in blood. Also numbered kids god adopted vs ones with names like LYE. And there was something special about number 88? (What happened to his eyes that went from blue to brown? Genetic) engineering?  Or is he wearing contacts?).

Then we have SG who’s ‘father doesn’t know she’s living with’ SH. Do SH and SG possibly have the same biological father and are siblings???? Or it seems that both of their fathers are alive at least.

Then we have DHJ. So she is originally LYE Then was adopted to replace the deceased DHJ. 

Heres whats confusing. When SH was a kid, he knew both LYE and the real DHJ right? And at the beginning in that’s photo of a mom and daughter, it was of the real DHJ in the third photo and not LYE?

• Like 5

Hi Everyone!

Just found out that Kill It will be coming to Viki, so there should be subs in multiple languages available eventually.  Too bad Viki  got the liscense after the drama is now halfway, but for people who haven't started the drama  ( or who can't read english subs) it's good news. 

https://www.viki.com/tv/36552c-kill-it

• Like 3

I wish SH had a little bit capability like city hunter lol (my fave comic lol), i mean he could outsmart his enemy, not easily be controlled while he protects SG and HJ. And at the end he could help people to atone for his crime. :P

I’m little bit not enjoyed how the plot is going, like how he accepted a contract and ended up getting used by his client, or the enemy was too close to him and he was clueless about it, he also too depended on his annoying friend to investigate his client. 

And HJ as a cop just stood there when she saw the speeding car, shouldn’t she use her good reflex as a cop?

• Like 2

Wow read episode comments, and some theorize that SG, SH and HJ are clones for rich people kids for organs or whatnot that the chaebols needed.

• Like 5

BTS pictures from latest episodes

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Wait so there is another Hansol Ophanage ? DHJ's father keeps getting worse omg. 

I really want to know about the lead's past (+ Seulgi), there is so much mystery.. about KSH's blue eyes (it must be big since it was the original title) and about the real DHJ and how LYE took her place. 

Anyway I don't think there will be any love line since there are only 6 episodes left, the romantic scenes with sweet words and music background are all we can get I guess lol. I don't wan't a sad ending tho, everyone thinks KSH will be killed but I actually think it will be DHJ/LYE since she's more fragile and close to the devil CEO. 

Can you guys tell me if Seulgi knows that KSH was in the Busan countryside house during Minhyuk's death ? I thought she recognized him and stand by him anyway but then she's planning to give some KSY/Pavel drawings to LYE/DHJ ? 

• Like 4

Nearing the end of episode 5 and just need to complain about these slo-mo's of the two leads just staring at each other - we're five episodes in and I find it so overused already and unnecessary. Hopefully they cut these out soon.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, imnanastyle said:

Wait so there is another Hansol Ophanage ? DHJ's father keeps getting worse omg. 

I really want to know about the lead's past (+ Seulgi), there is so much mystery.. about KSH's blue eyes (it must be big since it was the original title) and about the real DHJ and how LYE took her place. 

Anyway I don't think there will be any love line since there are only 6 episodes left, the romantic scenes with sweet words and music background are all we can get I guess lol. I don't wan't a sad ending tho, everyone thinks KSH will be killed but I actually think it will be DHJ/LYE since she's more fragile and close to the devil CEO. 

Can you guys tell me if Seulgi knows that KSH was in the Busan countryside house during Minhyuk's death ? I thought she recognized him and stand by him anyway but then she's planning to give some KSY/Pavel drawings to LYE/DHJ ? 

Going by the subs I thought she did but as we see from the insinuation of SG being the ML's kid in the previous episode from the subs but that not actually being the case, I don't know anymore, fully reliant on the subs being right.

She seemed to say in a previous episode that she doesn't want to admit the truth as she'll be lonely so apologises to her grandfather, according to the subs anyhow - so I assumed that was her knowing the ML was at the scene of her granddads death but didn't want to lose the ML so has just blocked it out. But with the whole picture thing I now don't have a clue

I really don't know what to think about this show. I enjoy the premise, I'm a sucker for dark/depressing dramas and the overarching story is interesting so I'll still watch (not watching any other live show atm anyhow) but I'm just not liking the execution. Not really invested in the FL's story (even though it's all connected) and sort of wish SG was the FL but then kdramas don't seem to like having anything other than the ML and FL being a potential romantic "ship" for viewers to swoon over so I guess that would always have been impossible.The writing could be so much better and the story much more cohesive, feel like they have so many irrelevant scenes for a show with only 12 episodes. Really hope they at least sort of know what they're doing.

Also wish the ML was more ruthless and vindictive - when he remembered that the guy with the metal finger used to beat him with an iron pole I assumed he'd put him in the ground but he just drove off (I know someone arrived but that's not something that would stop him). The old lady would be alive if he had. Him not killing the senator made sense in the flow of the story due to his grandchild coming in. I also agree with the user about not liking how dependent he is on his friend. Surely Pavel dealt with everything on his own.

If SG is DJH's kid, do you reckon they "created" her to help heal his real kid, or to replace her? Not sure of the timelines and if the FL is adopted before the nurse ran off with SG.

Also at the risk of sounding like I'm moaning quite a bit - not sure why they decide to end the episode on such an obvious non-cliffhanger, especially when you have a preview a couple of seconds later. I also don't really know how the scientist was planning on getting away with killing a cop in broad daylight though I realise it was a bluff.

Also curious as to why it has to be the main lead to do the killings and if the scientist knew he was no.88 when he hired him.. Did Pavel tell him he didn't kill the kid? Didn't really understand the whole running over business of the ML when he was a kid as well. I always thought Pavel was the one sent to kill him but couldn't do it - so was Pavel driving or the metal finger guy? Have I just completely misremembered? Think I've forgotten how the show started but don't have it in me to go back.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Ok, so I was kinda surprised that DHJ's adoptive mom actually knows full well that her real daughter is dead. It's quite messed up - she's basically playing house with a replacement of her daughter.  

I finally understood the whole thing about adoption within that orphanage. So basically those scientists needed an orphanage to disguise their shady biological experiments, so they kept normal orphans there in case anyone where to check. They treated them like slaves and LYE was one of them. It also explains why none of them got adopted since they were needed there as a disguise. Then those shady people also raised kids that were born from artificial insemination to act as future donors for high profile people. So theoretically these high profile people are biological fathers of these kids, since they need a perfect donor. Later on they adopt these kids and here's why the adoption is necessary - in Korea you either wait in line for a donor or you need a person who's legally your family member, then you can use him as a donor right away if he/she is fit for it. This might be why SH was there with the real DHJ - he must've been adopted by DHJ's dad so that he can be used as a donor for DHJ but she ended up dying before they could do anything. Since SH wasn't needed anymore and they needed to get rid of all the numbered kids to hide their wrongdoings, DHJ's dad ordered to kill SH. Here's where the whole "your father was the one who ordered to kill you" talk comes from, since real DHJ's dad is biologically SH's father as well. I guess they also couldn't just kill SH like the others because he was legally adopted by DHJ's dad so that's why they tried to make it look like a DUI. I still don't quite get SG's story. So she is one of the numbered kids as well but did her grandfather know it, as in was she supposed to be his future donor as well or not? She seemed to have a good relationship with him so I don't know. And how did the bad guys know that SH is  still alive? Seems like Pavel didn't do a good job covering up the fact that he spared SH. 

Here's a cute BTS 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

They have so much fun, I wish I knew what they're saying...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2019 at 3:27 PM, nateko said:

Ok, so I was kinda surprised that DHJ's adoptive mom actually knows full well that her real daughter is dead. It's quite messed up - she's basically playing house with a replacement of her daughter.  

I finally understood the whole thing about adoption within that orphanage. So basically those scientists needed an orphanage to disguise their shady biological experiments, so they kept normal orphans there in case anyone where to check. They treated them like slaves and LYE was one of them. It also explains why none of them got adopted since they were needed there as a disguise. Then those shady people also raised kids that were born from artificial insemination to act as future donors for high profile people. So theoretically these high profile people are biological fathers of these kids, since they need a perfect donor. Later on they adopt these kids and here's why the adoption is necessary - in Korea you either wait in line for a donor or you need a person who's legally your family member, then you can use him as a donor right away if he/she is fit for it. This might be why SH was there with the real DHJ - he must've been adopted by DHJ's dad so that he can be used as a donor for DHJ but she ended up dying before they could do anything. Since SH wasn't needed anymore and they needed to get rid of all the numbered kids to hide their wrongdoings, DHJ's dad ordered to kill SH. Here's where the whole "your father was the one who ordered to kill you" talk comes from, since real DHJ's dad is biologically SH's father as well. I guess they also couldn't just kill SH like the others because he was legally adopted by DHJ's dad so that's why they tried to make it look like a DUI. I still don't quite get SG's story. So she is one of the numbered kids as well but did her grandfather know it, as in was she supposed to be his future donor as well or not? She seemed to have a good relationship with him so I don't know. And how did the bad guys know that SH is  still alive? Seems like Pavel didn't do a good job covering up the fact that he spared SH.

Interesting analysis...

First time seeing both actors... the main actor is very stiff and lack emotion isnt it? Probably that is his character.... I saw this drama and it reminds me a bit of Healer... though Healer didnt go around killing people... hehe

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@nateko Almost done catching up! I have to say that the scientist Ko Hyeon Woo is not different from the chairman Jo Jae Hwan. He knows that the killer is number 88 and keeps calling him like that. He just considers 88 as a killing machine that's why he wants him to pay for his failure. In reality, the scientist is not doing it for the sake of these killed kids. He is just determined to ruin the chairman Jo and his accomplices for ruining his life. If he had the interest of the kids from that orphanage in his heart, he wouldn't try to hurt 88 and LYE. 

I hope, KSH survives all this because in the end, he is the biggest victim. He only became a killer because he had no other choice. LYE became a detective because she was lucky to escape a terrible fate. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

48 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nateko Almost done catching up! I have to say that the scientist Ko Hyeon Woo is not different from the chairman Jo Jae Hwan. He knows that the killer is number 88 and keeps calling him like that. He just considers 88 as a killing machine that's why he wants him to pay for his failure. In reality, the scientist is not doing it for the sake of these killed kids. He is just determined to ruin the chairman Jo and his accomplices for ruining his life. If he had the interest of the kids from that orphanage in his heart, he wouldn't try to hurt 88 and LYE. 

I hope, KSH survives all this because in the end, he is the biggest victim. He only became a killer because he had no other choice. LYE became a detective because she was lucky to escape a terrible fate. 

I think that KHW also hates KSH because DJH is his biological father but at this point, KHW is so engulfed in his revenge that he doesn't care about anyone else, not even the innocent SG who's one of the kids from the orphanage. I wouldn't be surprised if he sacrifices that double agent secretary that's working with him (still wonder what's her identity). As for KSH and LYE, I really hope both of them survive and SG and dog Grey too. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@philosophie @nateko @blademan

Kill it: Masters and dogs

• Kim Soo Hyun the dog and his masters
image-21.png?w=660
Episode 1: our main protagonist Kim Soo Hyun during a training as assassin.

The first episode starts with a young boy running in the woods in Russia. Although we don’t know the child’s identity, right from the start the viewer realizes that the boy with strange blue eyes is trained to become an assassin because of the rules told by an adult, the boy’s master:

• Rule number 1: Never reveal a client’s identity to anyone
  • Rule number 2: Never keep a witness alive
  • Rule number 3: Stay alive

It is clear that during his training, the boy is remembering his master’s rules, until he has to face a dog. Pavel orders Kim Soo Hyun to kill the dog.

image-22.png?w=660

While watching this scene, I couldn’t help myself associating this terrible training to the famous experiment of the Russian physiologist Ivan Pavlov with dogs. First, Pavel sounds so similar to Pavlov, then we hear and see a dog. For further explanations, you can read about it there:
https://educationalgames.nobelprize.org/educational/medicine/pavlov/readmore.html

The Russian scientist developed the classical conditioning/Pavlovian Conditioning and in the K-drama, we see how Pavel is using the same method in order to turn our main character into a killer. Yet, in this scene Pavel fails as the boy refuses to kill the dog.

The reason is quite simple: Kim Soo Hyun perceives himself as a dog (see the first picture above) hence he can not shoot his “parent”. Besides, both have blue eyes reinforcing their similarities. The “dog” Kim Soo Hyun refuses to obey its master hence the latter punishes the boy. Yet in the long run, our main character can not escape his fate: he becomes a professional killer. On the other hand, his stubbornness to defy Pavel’s order in this scene allowed him to keep dogs around him. His closeness to animals and especially dogs let him become a veterinarian on the surface.

However, the more episodes we see, the more human Kim Soo Hyun becomes. He starts protecting more and more people: first Kang Seul Ki, a young girl whom KSH refused to eliminate, although she was a witness in a murder.

Later, he takes care of Pavel who is suffering from dementia like a good son and even tries to protect Pavel till the end. The assassin Pavel regrets his decision to have turned KSH into a killer and advises him to live like a normal person. Then he doesn’t kill Tae Soo and the witness, although he could have.

We see that little by little, KSH’s conditioning is disappearing. First, he started questioning Pavel’s rules. Finally, Kim Soo Hyun even refuses to follow his client’s order (episode 6). We can see that KSH is no longer following orders. The question is now, if Kim Soo Hyun will be able to take control of his life, as so far he has lived more like a dog obeying to his masters: Pavel, Philip Ahn and the clients.

• The congressman Seo Won Seok, Tae Soo and the chairman Do Jae Hwan

However, Kim Soo Hyun is not the only “dog” in this story.

Spoiler

image-24.png?w=660

Episode 5: the congressman Seo Won Seok talking to Tae Soo

Notice the words used by the congressman. He never mentions the word “dog”, nevertheless he is referring to this animal as he keeps talking about a leash. The man describes himself as a dog who did the dirty work for his master: “blood on our hands”. The master gave him the order “kill it”. The beholder gets aware that just like Kim Soo Hyun, Seo Won Seok is unwilling to remain like a dog. He wants to become the master himself, which is different from just taking control of his own life. So Seo Won Seok’s goal is different: his greed and ambition are his motivations, while Kim Soo Hyun desires to protected his loved ones.

image-25.png?w=660
episode 6: Tae Soo with the chairman Do Jae Hwan

While the chairman Jo is looking at his hand, he claims that his position as master should never been questioned. He considers himself superior to Tae Soo and the congressman Seo Won Seok. He is not just a master, he is even the owner of the dog. That’s why this terrible man has no problem to order Tae Soo to get rid of the “dog” Seo Won Seok as he is no longer obeying his orders. The master will never dirty his hands, although he is the real murderer and mastermind.

Tae Soo doesn’t question Do Jare Hwan’s position at all. He accepts it as a normality. But will he remain by his side, once he realizes that he could have the same fate than Seo Won Seok. Do Jae Hwan keeps saying that at some point, he needs to get rid of people, since they represent a thread and a burden.

• The scientist Ko Hyeon Woo
Spoiler

image-26.png?w=660

episode 3: the scientist Ko Hyeon Woo is willing to leave the company because he wants to protect his research. He thinks that only the doctor Joo Young Hoon abused his position.

On the surface, the scientist might appear as a good man because he values the lives of the children. However, it becomes clear that he has always viewed these children as his “dogs”, they represent the result of his researches. That’s why he has no problem to use Kim Soo Hyun, one of his “children” to get revenge on the chairman Do Jae Hwan and his accomplices. Sure, he resents KSH even more because he is biologically related to the chairman Do. However, in the episode 6, he is willing to use Kang Seul Ki in order to get more info about the killer he hired. He knows Kang Seul Ki’s fate but he doesn’t feel sorry at all. Furthermore, he has no problem to attempt to kill one of the orphans, Do Hyun Jin/Lee Young Eun. He behaves like a master and treats the children from that orphanage like his puppets. He is in reality not different from the chairman Do.

As conclusion: As time passes on, the killer behaves more and more like a human, whereas the opposite happens to the scientist Ko, the congressman Seo and the chairman Do. In the name of revenge or ambition or greed, these men have no problem to get rid of people.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@bebebisous33 chingu so happy to see you here!! Loved your insightful analysis on the show so far. I do think there are a lot of parallels between the symbol of dogs and the subliminal messages in this show. Maybe that Hanson orphanage was intended to create humans loyal like dogs. Even our female lead, she replaced the daughter like a puppy coming into the home of a family that recently lost their dog. And now she works as a detective, that her father backed her up to do against her mom’s wishes to become a ballerina. Whether it was her idea or not to join the police force, she still seems quite loyal to her dad without knowing her full truth of his involvement in so much corruption.

• Like 3

FACE-TO-FACE FINALLY :scream: 

She's gonna figure out it's him!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2