[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

0ly40

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Spoilers for episode 3*

The girl did not seem shocked that SH could fight, plus I think she saw him when she was younger, so does that mean she knows he is an assasin? Also I’m guessing the male lead is a product of that experiment they did which could explain his blue eyes. 

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nateko How is this drama so far? I know, when it comes to crime/thriller dramas, we have a similar taste. I read so many negative comments, therefore I am hesitating. 

@bebebisous33  Well honestly, I don’t have a negative opinion about Kill it, I don’t really have a problem with it at all. I’ll even go as far as to say that I thoroughly enjoy it. The first two episodes were good enough to hook me in and I was waiting for this week’s episodes quite impatiently. Let me tell you eps. 3-4 did not disappoint. They picked up the pace significantly and the fact that this is a 12 episode drama makes me think that the pace won’t slow down.

So far, I’m pretty satisfied with what I saw. The drama doesn’t try to be something that it’s not and stays true to what was originally advertised – “a story of a killer and a detective whose fates are intertwined in an unimaginable way, a fate that they cannot escape even if they try” (or something along the lines that was advertised in all articles in Korea). It has everything that you would normally expect from OCN, it’s not too dark like Bad Guys or even Voice but it’s significantly better than OCN’s previous drama Priest (and heck I really tried to like that one but alas).

Kill it has a different charm and you do get a thriller but with a hint of romance here and there. I think a lot of people might have a problem with that, thinking that if there is romance then it’s too fluffy to be a gritting thriller. I don’t agree with it because OCN knows how to balance these things in their thrillers. Personally, I’m a big fan of romance in thrillers when it’s well executed, doesn’t deter from the main storyline and only adds to the overall quality, but here the main story IS about the main leads and their connection (I mean that’s the whole point).

Kill it spends more time on its characters and their relationships instead of only focusing on one case/one villain per episode. The romance part in here (which is still pretty subtle at this point) doesn’t even distract me or seem out of place, if anything I actually find it pretty organic and that’s why it works for me perfectly. I love both main leads and dare I say they look absolutely fantastic together, whoever casted them lucked out big time. The acting is also ok, haven’t seen Nana in much but she is good here.

The signature OCN feels and visuals are up there, the lighting they use reminds me of the one in Voice (it really seems like the lighting director might be the same and he’s really good). The plot has potential but the directing sometimes is lacking. They definitely have things to polish and some scenes are a bit cheesy, but it doesn’t bother my overall viewing experience (negative comments do, I’ll be honest, and they almost stopped me from watching the drama).

To summarize, if you pick apart Kill It and analyze plot, characters, pace, directing etc. separately, you’ll find faults, but if you view it as a whole entity, I say it’s pretty good. Voice is one of my favourite dramas of all time but if I were to pick it apart - it has lots of faults as well, but it didn’t affect my overall impression. In that regard, Kill it is similar. I definitely recommend watching the first two episodes before making any judgement, if anything they won’t be a complete waste of your time.

Just finished episode 4 and this drama still giving me that unsatisfied feeling - think I came in with too high expectations and a preconceived notion of what I might get with it being on OCN. 

Personally not a fan of the romantic undertones and the preview for next week looks like we'll be getting more of it (really why did they have to go for the generic friends at childhood trope) which is disappointing. Was enjoying most of episode 4 and then they have the scene where the ML sees the FL and the prosecutor shaking hands and he has a bit of a jealous scene in his house afterwards - lame af. Lost the goodwill I had built up after he offed the guy at the end of ep 3. 

When you have an assassin and a younger girl I guess you always think Leon (I did after the first ep) and they even mention the film in episode 4 so I'm hoping this means we get more development/interactions between the ML and the girl soon. I mentioned after the first two episodes that I think it'd be much better if they used that relationship to humanise and develop the ML rather than a romantic one but I admittedly don't have high hopes for that.

So looks like the ML is probably some engineered kid of some sort, wonder if that means the FL is as well. Though from all the dialogue in ep 4 and with how his picture was torn out in that politicians house it would indicate there's something special about him compared to everyone else at the orphanage.

Also he seemed to know the name of the orphanage so was the address hidden or was a reason he hadn't gone there before?

Also the prosecutor character is smiling way too much - giving me the creeps.

The simplest connections all the character's made me interested in this drama, the writer seems no need played to secrecy and played mind game with  viewers by guessing to many inquiry.

The storyline obviously so simple/cliches but that's make this drama worthy to waiting.

For the critical viewers this drama would end in their mind even before episodes 5:grin: i guess.

But still the strong acting and the good directing will held some of viewers to roots this drama till the end.

Or when you get bored to bloody cliche story over this drama may you just "go upstairs " will you..:lol:

Missed Nana acting since the good housewife  finally she finds  good project to reestablish her good acting :thumbsup:

Excited waiting next episode.

Finished Ep.3-4

OK, I'm still a bit confused about the big conspiracy plot here. So, Chairman Do owns a genetic research company?  20 years ago, they were working on infertility/in vitro fertilization/embryos and that included some type of genetic engineering experiments. Research scientist guy finds out that the company is doing illegal/unethical genetic experiments on orphan children using the orphanage as a cover for their "lab". He can't accept what the other scientists were doing and tells the Chairman he has to protect the children. Did he go to the police? Chairman orders him and his family killed, but the Reseach scientist escapes in the end. Now he wants revenge on everyone who framed him, killed his family, and tried to kill him. So, the lady secretary is actually a spy working for Research scientist? She's the client, right? 

Obviously, SH is No. 88, and his blue eyes must be from the genetic experiments. DHJ is his best friend, also an orphan. But was DHJ also part of the genetic experiments? Because it looks like she always had a name, not a number. Her name was changed when she was adopted by Chairman Do to be the replacement for his daughter. 

Did Pavel kill the Grandfather and the Journalist boyfriend? If so, why was SH on the scene to stop him killing  Seul Gi?   Also, does SH know that DHJ is connected to his past? I first thought the photograph of DHJ was supposed to be a picture of his next target, but then in Ep. 4, we see that Congressman Seo is the target. Which means that the photo of DHJ was his "reward" for killing the guy in the mountains? 

Looking forward to the next episodes!

Preview for episode 5:

Translation from a king soul on youtube: 

P: - Lee Young Eun? The paper plane girl? It'll be difficult to find her if she changed her name after being adopted.

HJ: - A friend that I've always wanted to meet. That friend was also good at folding paper planes.

SH: - I have to find out who wanted to kill me, and what look that person will have when he/she sees me.

P: - I know what that paper plane means to you, but the important thing is that Lee Young Eun is the cop chasing after you.

SH: - If she's my enemy as you say, then I'll keep her next to me. Right next to me.

BTS pictures from episodes 3-4:

Ratings got better, for episode 4 it's 2.8

8 hours ago, Table122000 said:

we see that Congressman Seo is the target. Which means that the photo of DHJ was his "reward" for killing the guy in the mountains? 

It's what it looks like. I always wondered if that picture of her was his reward or his next target. Most of people understood that she was his next target but I always distrusted that it was actually a reward from his past.

I wonder what kind of connection SH has to the adopted family of HJ/LYU. I get that both HJ and SH were originally from the same orphanage, but in the old photos with the real HJ there’s also SH. How did he end up there? Was he adopted by that family (what’s with all this talk that SH’s father ordered to kill him) or was he brought there to play with the real HJ?

4WpRp10.png 

By the way, how did real HJ die? In almost all the photos she is wearing a hat and is in a wheelchair. Could it be that she was terminally ill and the dad DJH was conducting some experiments of his own on the kids of the orphanage to maybe find a cure for his daughter? But then again when HJ/LYU was brought in as a replacement DJH didn’t really seem all that heartbroken about his real daughter’s death which seems odd to me. In that orphanage all the kids had numbers attached to them, I do wonder if HJ/LYU was experimented on as well.

3v7XKLj.pngBZSQ3p5.png 

Spoiler

SH was definitely one of the victims that got experimented on the most, hence his blue eyes. Did they kill all the kids that got heavily experimented on? One more thing, the night when little HJ/LYU wanted to go see her friend from the orphanage is that same night when SH was almost killed. I wonder if the two kids planned to run away that night or if SH was the one running away and LYU/HJ was supposed to say goodbye to him and that is when he got caught and almost killed. That was one interesting scene where HJ’s mom didn’t let LYU/HJ go. It almost seemed like she understood full well that LYU is not her daughter as she said to her “My HJ had no such thing as friends from the orphanage”.

z3lv4tJ.png 

Makes me wonder how much the mom actually knows. I think if they didn’t feed her drugs all the time, she’d be lucid enough to remember that her real daughter died. Maybe deep down she actually knows but plays dumb to feed the delusion that he HJ is still alive. And this was an in-your-face type of shot to show that HJ/LYU is a bird in a golden cage basically (they couldn’t make it more obvious with an actual birdcage, lol).

9zVffgN.png 

By the way, I really hate that new lawyer dude, he’s as creepy as it gets. I think that he’s very much involved in the revenge that’s going on, but don’t which side he’s on. Maybe he is working together with KHW to get revenge on the guys that killed KHW’s his wife and daughter or he might be one of the kids from that orphanage which would explain how he knows about HJ/LYU.

Then there’s also DJH’s secretary that’s also working for KHW. Wow, that woman must have some crazy grudge against DJH and the others to go as far as to become DJH’s mistress but all this time work for KHW. It also richardsimmons me off that now they are using SH for their revenge (so much for KHW’s righteous speech about caring for the kids from that orphanage, when he basically uses one of them for his revenge).

After the 4th episode, I truly pity and feel sad for SH. Not like he wanted to have such a life. First he was abandoned and ended up in an orphanage where the people who were supposed to care or him used him or biogenetic experiments and then decided to dispose of him like a used toy, then his killer takes him in and raises him as a killer and then on his deathbed has the audacity to tell SH not to live like him. Lol, dude, way to be late for that grand speech… Overall it was really sad to see that the guy finally started longing for a different, normal life but then realized that all he knows is how to be a killer. That scene and when he asked his dog if he can ever be forgiven really broke my heart, especially taking into account that he probably won’t get a happy ending…

I also find SH's relationship with SG quite interesting. I thought that she didn't remember who killed her grandfather and HJ's boyfriend, but she did and despite knowing who SH really is she decides to ignore it because he is the only person who basically cares for her now. It made me think that HJ's reaction to knowing SH's real identity will be completely different. Don't think she'll be able to ignore it like SG even if she ends up falling for him.

To lighten the mood, here’s a jealous SH (I wonder if he even understands that he’s jealous?)

The interesting thing is that the person who was killed was a scientist working on "creating" babies.. solution for infertile people.. however the kids were turning into something (dieing)..

I think the lady who went crazy got one of those manufactured babies that died and she is probably the crazy rich lady that is why can't be killed and must be kept happy, so hubby brought in NaNa from the orphanage, but that boyfriend of hers kept coming and he feared if crazy wife will come to know of something that she shouldn't :)

OR rainy night baby JK witnessed murder of the not so missing guy from coffin

I actually loved that they used the "Leon" reference from the movie " The professional" who was also a hitman who became soft for a child and ended up taking her under his wing to protect her.  Almost like how Kim Soo Hyun feels for Seul Gi.  By being around Hyun Jin more, he is probably starting to feel more human in regards to his connection to her.  But that scene where almost second guesses his true feelings when he watched her was done quite well.  You can tell he was struggling to come to terms with it.  Kudos to Jang Ki Yong for being able to emote well.

Ep. 4, we get to see a bit more of Kim Soo Hyun’s soft side and it seems that he’s confused on how to feel or cope with people’s love and caring for one another. He was really quiet throughout the whole episode. 

I think that he already knew who Seul Gi is and maybe he feel bad that he killed her family, so he took her under his wing and took care of her or protect her as is she was his little sister to make up for what he did. I’m still unsure if whether Seul Gi already know who KSH really is or not.. or maybe she knows because she was crying when she looked at her grandpa’s photo and said, “I’m sorry grandpa”.

As for DHJ, I think he’s starting to feel something for her but is unsure as she is still his target and at the same time, he is starting feel comfortable around her. I have a feeling she might be the first to confess her feelings for him. 

From the preview of ep. 5, it looks like KSH and DHJ are investigating on each other. Looks like KSH is probably the first one to find out DHJ’s true identity.

3 hours ago, elizabeth said:

Ep. 4, we get to see a bit more of Kim Soo Hyun’s soft side and it seems that he’s confused on how to feel or cope with people’s love and caring for one another. He was really quiet throughout the whole episode. 

I think that he already knew who Seul Gi is and maybe he feel bad that he killed her family, so he took her under his wing and took care of her or protect her as is she was his little sister to make up for what he did. I’m still unsure if whether Seul Gi already know who KSH really is or not.. or maybe she knows because she was crying when she looked at her grandpa’s photo and said, “I’m sorry grandpa”.

As for DHJ, I think he’s starting to feel something for her but is unsure as she is still his target and at the same time, he is starting feel comfortable around her. I have a feeling she might be the first to confess her feelings for him. 

From the preview of ep. 5, it looks like KSH and DHJ are investigating on each other. Looks like KSH is probably the first one to find out DHJ’s true identity.

The ML's mentor killed her grandpa (pretty sure it showed it) - and SG does know because she says something along the lines of she'll be lonely if she accepts what she saw (the ML at her grandfathers murder scene working with his mentor) so apologises to her grandpa for not acknowledging it. 

Curious to understand how much he looked out for SG in between her grandfathers death and where we are now as his mentor was still fine when he offed the grandpa and I doubt he let the ML keep the little girl around. Her uncle also mentions she ran off with him. If she knew he was a killer and she still did follow him we're missing a couple of events.

Essentially I just wish the ML and SG's relationship took centre stage. The ML is definitely dying whilst trying to protect/save her in the last ep - unless all this Leon business is to throw us off. Or someone kills her and he goes on a suicidal rampage killing everyone (could be down for this)

A bit late to the party so, just summarizing my thoughts for ep3

• I like SH way of ignoring HJ's mother, the attitude of him was nice.
  • HJ father is a monster! Not only did he almost kill SH (I guess) he also betrayed his partner and killed his family.
  • I have to say due to these new cases and snippets of the past, the drama got quite interesting. I like it, finally all the baddies show their true colors.
  • Seul-Ki still is my favorite character, she's such a friendly, cheerful girl deep down, how she played with that whistle was so cute, but seeing her transition into that scared, traumatized girl was very, very hard to watch for me.
  • I wonder if SH killed her parents and if yes, if she knows it aswell. It would be so sad, because I like their energy. 
  • SH was so badass and caring about SK when he realized Karimov is after her. He totally was her guardian and his words that he shouldn't have approach the girl were SO badass. 
  • So they are both orphans and met there, they are not related by blood. Well, it still feels like they want to do a romance line.
  • HJ was a bit weak in this episode since she didn't have much badass scenes, which is still a bit sad. The family/mother scenes don't fit her and don't provide her an interesting plot so far.
  • I also loved how he really shows his assassin and killer attitude, he's probably really a cold anti-hero, in the last scene he pretty much killed three people cold hearted. The final scene where he shot a bullet right between Karimov's eyes were really......almost cool! I love that stuff.
    He really deserved it though as human trafficker.
  • Really looking forward to watch ep4 tomorrow. Seems the drama gets interesting.

55552054_573282196504753_7324936452674945024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-1.fna&oh=b3a8b952fd04ec4c85fdaf45f68b2c0d&oe=5D46F1E1

55860883_573120216501908_430788239150809088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-1.fna&oh=c2b49296e39a3141c0a59326ecac515a&oe=5D4595CB

Some things never changed. I find these two scenes similar.

[2018] Come And Hug Me, Soo Jin's arm was hurt so Chae Do Jin helped placed a piece of fish or meat on her spoon with rice.

[2019] Kill It, Seul Gi's arm was badly injured so Kim Soo Hyun helped by placing a piece of bulgogi on her spoon with rice on it.

Jang Ki Yong played a tough character in both dramas but also have a soft spot when it comes to helping the precious girls in his life.

Archived