[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

0ly40

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I wasn't sure if I want to watch it because it's not really my go-to genre but after watching trailer after trailer (thanks to Nana promoing the drama on her IG too), I'm very much interested! And it's mainly because of JKY and Nana's visuals and how gorgeous they look together, like can you even blame the director for gushing over their visuals? No you can't :love:

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇 - Sat & Sun @ 22:20 KST - Jang Ki Yong & Nana (After School) - Premieres TONIGHT
2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I am ready too, someone needed nurse  :mrgreen: 

.. admiring view , quality of drama :innocent: 

* @Sarang21 u may need to check this drama :joy: 

The drama looks very Abs-promising. I just don´t have enough time right now because of my studies...my list of things to watch keeps getting longer and I can´t find the time to watch them. :bawling: 

But no studies kann keep me away from my love for abs...so I will somehow manage to find time and check it out. :D

Just finished the raw episode 1. Damnn, I fee like watching "Leon" (boy edition) / Bourne Identity.

I love it! even if I don't understand because it's raw! Please sub thi so that I and everyone (who's interest) will understand. But nevetherless I'll recap from how I understand just basic premise.

Jang Ki Yong character  name Soo Hyun. He was was trained at a young age to be killer, to fend off for himself, how to survive. There 3 basic rules by his "Papi"

opening scene 2001

Rule #1:  Never reaveal a client's identiy to anyone

Rule #2  Never keep a witness alive. No matter who you are or where you are they will find you.

Rule# 3 Kill It!

The opening scene...  little Soo Hyun ( holding a gun) was running they're doing target training. Papi is tooo tough on him. A wolf dog was wandering in the forest... he needed to do rule #2 but he can't do it.  Papi reminded him of rule#2. And because he didn't do it, he was tied to tree trunk. Papi told him " you know what to do".  little soohyun able to free himself from being tied up , so lying on th ground,  face to face with wolf dog. Aww. Now I know how why he likes animals... became a vet.

Present scene:  17 years after:  Papi and Soo Hyun still living together.  Papi is losing memory ( probably  sick condition). There's scene of Papi having dream - flashback of little Soo Hyun loking for photo of his parents and found it in one of the drawers inserted inside book. Papi saw him, took the photo from his hands and tore..soohyun protesting crying, Papi reminded him of rule#2  " Never keep a witness alive. No matter who you are or where you are they will find you.

Present scene:  in the living room they were talking and saw soohyun looking at a photo Papi can't seem to remember their target hit (It's drug trafficking guy). Papi told him to not bother, he will take care of it. Soo Hyun wanted to do the hit. Papi doesn't want him to. Said it's time for him to go  and be independent.  Soo Hyun doesn't want to. Aww.  And then Papi showed him the photo (the one that he tore.. he  fixed it by putting tape)

Papi:  They could be your family.

Soo Hyun: no you're my family not those people

Papi: I'm not sure if you got your memory back but But the person who wanted to kill you was your father"

Soo Hyun: why didn't you kill me at that time.

Papi: (thinking long) I never should have brought you up. Just go.

Soo Hyun: (giving back the photo..along with other). It's too late to regret.  Pick the ones you like.  Vladivostok is.  I hear fishing is awesome there.  ( He wants to go fioshing with Papi)

Boy I have to repeat that several times to understand.

Next scene: Soo hyun thinkin of what Papi said about his father.. then we have brief flashback young soo hyun running away a car trying to catch to him.. then he woke up. Repressed memory loss I think.

Next scene:  Papi doing the target hit of the drug trafficking guy ( who looks like former Russian prez....yay) but his hands trembling so he wasn't able to  do press the trigger and shot the target.  Soo Hyun  in the vicinity all black and Jason Bourne... type action scenes subdued all the guards whilsts the target is doing lap swimming on the outdoor pool.  Papi got inside the place but was one of the guard noticed fight ensues ( again Bourne Identiy type) Soo hyun got inside as well shot everyone but the one body guard shot Papi on the legs took him hostage ( gun was pointed at him temple) the guard shot him. Meanwhile... Soo Hyun through the vent put  ticking  blaster bomb then  got their target inside the house.. shot him after demanding there is guard who took Papi.

Papi bleeding so much.. soo hyun  promised him they will get out there alive.. Soo Hyun's priority to get out safe which he did after  setting off the bom  whch blasted the place.

Back at their house, Soo Hyun trying to save a profusely bleeding Papi.. vomiting blood already (hard to understand what he was saying to Soo Hyu but understood the last one before he died. Papi told Soo Hyun to go live like the ones in the photo. Papi. I like how in that scene when Papi lost his breathing and died he was calling his name shaking him. Reality sets in and so  he justs hold the hands of Papi. He didn't cry at all.

Aww. You're allowed to criy Soo Hyun... Lets see in which episode, he'll just let go and cry.

Next scene: Ahhhh the friend /sidekick  ( it's all raw.. so did not understand any ogf the scenes ..sorry) .Not siure what's going on so can't recap correctly.

Next scene:  Good one with just the rocking chair.. Soo Hyun in suit.. flashback to  the days  he and Papi were relaxing drinking  beer... fading out to them looking over... vast landcape back to present.  Still no tears from him.  Cair still rocking.. then he left.

Next scene: Friend/sidekick sending SMS to Soo Hyun warning him. It looks like the guy who shot Papi is at his place.  Saw through peep hole so he swnt message to Soo Hyun.  then  scene of the place of Pai and Soo Hyun but he was already warned so he left along with the dog. The guy who's after him wasn't able to catch him.

All these in just 30 minutes into the episode.

Next scene 2019. These was the  second half of episode one.

In the mountains an old man hunting... saw deer about to shot with rifle then Soo Hyun jump in between peaks (good action scene) tackled the old man to the ground.. killed him through injecting something.

Next scene:  the first glimpse of Nana as Hyun Jin.  she's in a car  going to the moutain investigating the old man's death . I didn't understan the dialogues..sorry

Next scene. First encounter of Soo Hyun and Hyun Jin.. she was passing by in the car ( she was still along  the vicinity of the crime scene) when a deer crossed the street.  The "vet" Soo Hyun ( of course.. was there)  to nurse the deer. 

And then  the next 20 minutes I'm not sure what's going now cos it's raw and don't understand the dialogues in the scenen.

So in conclusion. Great good start! I like it! I like scenes I like the actions. I like the fast pace scenes. I like the sequence. I would have understood much better it I knew Korean but I'll wait wait for the sub of ep 1.

You can tell I like a drama when I post too long a recap, watchng raw even when I don 't understand a thing.  I'm waiting for Ep 2 later.

Hey everyone,

I really looked forward to this show since it was announced as I liked the published story concept. I was so intrigued that I checked out the first episode right on the same day. This has not happened to me since a while as I’m having a hard time to connect with dramas since a few years. So I’m happy to have found a show that seems to be able to pull me back in and even bring me back to soompi although real life is bitching about that.

But this first episode was awesome and hopefully the rest of the show can keep up to the bar raised with it. But as it’s a show on OCN I’m actually not so worried at all, cause all the OCN shows that piqued my interest over the last few years were able to delivered.

I really enjoyed the backstory laid out in this first episode but I have to admit that half way through the episode I realized that the show somehow gave me ‘Man to Man’ vibes and not just because they have the same actor playing a Russian but also because of the concept of a (anti-)hero(?) with an mysterious past that we just get to see glimpses of but that shaped their personalities as quiet, introverted and sealed off.

One scene that really got my brain into overdrive was the murder scene of the CEO. Right before Soo Hyun is killing him the camera focused on the CEO’s hunting rifle and zoomed in onto the golden emblem on the weapon – a wild boar in the woods. The way the camera highlighted this symbol made me wonder whether it’s going to be a recurring theme that may connect all the supposed murder victims the lady ordered Soo Hyun to kill up until now (a bit like the under-used dragon symbol in MxM connected all the baddies as well).

I really like the chemistry between our resident killer and our cop – even in the few scenes they shared until now you could feel that Mr. an Ms. Smith vibes of tension that could boil various ways and will make their cat and mouse play so intriguing to watch.

And let’s not forget the Leon: The Professional references throughout the first episode. Pavel is a lot like Léon in taking care and raising So Hyun instead of killing him and Soo Hyun is most likely following Pavel’s footsteps as the last scenes imply that it is Soo Hyun who killed the journalist but could not kill the little girl instead taking care of her head wound by stitching her up. That girl grows up into his high-school land lord. It’s not really clear yet but the vibes I get from the way Soo Hyun and her interact indicate she is well aware of who he is. The sass she shows around him is indicating she’s not afraid of him and knows him well (or at least better than anyone else around him right now) – at least that’s what I hope because it would be to obvious and a too-often used trope if she’s not at least subconsciously aware of who he is and he is trying to take care of her and protect her without her knowledge (a bit like daddy long-legs).

I’m really looking forward to tomorrows episode now that the story is properly set up and Hyun Jin is unsurprisingly revealed to be his next target – at least we know he’s not fulfilling this job (yet) or we would not need a 16-episode run for this show. Let the game begin…

Anticipated for this OCN drama since last month. My overall impression of the first episode is it is somewhat underwhelming. In terms of characterization, writing, music, acting, and overall directing of the first episode, it doesnt have quite the finesse as OCN's slicker shows like Bad Guys or even My Beautiful Bride. Although MBB suffers from it's prolongue/dragged out 16ep length, hopefully OCN returns with more shorter length dramas with 12ep like Killit.

The writing/characterization isnt as polished/tight. Pavel and Soohyun's relationship/interaction isnt

established with enough depth, so Pavel's death doesnt really hit any emotional core. Soohyun's characterization follows a typical trope of stoic mannerism partially due to his upbringing/hitman occupation. I really like the idea of an assassin living a dual life but the writing/execution here is not exciting as it can be to allow Soohyun be more interesting, like fluctuating personalities to embody that dual life persona. The story arc that's set up for his character is somewhat dull, with the memory wiped/kill target for unknown lady client without question?

The execution of the first onscreen kill was uninspiring. Unnecessary rope drag when all he had to do was kick the target from the behind.Taking hints of Hollywood's usual fashion, the explosions and guns/snipers feels a bit gimmicky in the first half. The action sequence isnt too bad. There's some fast paced shots that's really good, although there is some odd editing.

Hyun Jin seems to be the counterpart/opponent to Soohyun. She's the level headed and intuitive detective. Seul Ki is definitely a key aspect of the story. The Red Mafia is bland/cartoony, mostly because the actors for the villains is offputting. The cast's acting as a whole is alright. Nothing too notable. Cant recall any memorable music composition in the background. The pacing is rather decent, not enough energy. Things happen too seamlessly. There's alot of mystery to the story. 

5 hours ago, Lady_Fay said:

Hey everyone,

I really looked forward to this show since it was announced as I liked the published story concept. I was so intrigued that I checked out the first episode right on the same day. This has not happened to me since a while as I’m having a hard time to connect with dramas since a few years. So I’m happy to have found a show that seems to be able to pull me back in and even bring me back to soompi although real life is bitching about that.

But this first episode was awesome and hopefully the rest of the show can keep up to the bar raised with it. But as it’s a show on OCN I’m actually not so worried at all, cause all the OCN shows that piqued my interest over the last few years were able to delivered.

I really enjoyed the backstory laid out in this first episode but I have to admit that half way through the episode I realized that the show somehow gave me ‘Man to Man’ vibes and not just because they have the same actor playing a Russian but also because of the concept of a (anti-)hero(?) with an mysterious past that we just get to see glimpses of but that shaped their personalities as quiet, introverted and sealed off.

One scene that really got my brain into overdrive was the murder scene of the CEO. Right before Soo Hyun is killing him the camera focused on the CEO’s hunting rifle and zoomed in onto the golden emblem on the weapon – a wild boar in the woods. The way the camera highlighted this symbol made me wonder whether it’s going to be a recurring theme that may connect all the supposed murder victims the lady ordered Soo Hyun to kill up until now (a bit like the under-used dragon symbol in MxM connected all the baddies as well).

I really like the chemistry between our resident killer and our cop – even in the few scenes they shared until now you could feel that Mr. an Ms. Smith vibes of tension that could boil various ways and will make their cat and mouse play so intriguing to watch.

And let’s not forget the Leon: The Professional references throughout the first episode. Pavel is a lot like Léon in taking care and raising So Hyun instead of killing him and Soo Hyun is most likely following Pavel’s footsteps as the last scenes imply that it is Soo Hyun who killed the journalist but could not kill the little girl instead taking care of her head wound by stitching her up. That girl grows up into his high-school land lord. It’s not really clear yet but the vibes I get from the way Soo Hyun and her interact indicate she is well aware of who he is. The sass she shows around him is indicating she’s not afraid of him and knows him well (or at least better than anyone else around him right now) – at least that’s what I hope because it would be to obvious and a too-often used trope if she’s not at least subconsciously aware of who he is and he is trying to take care of her and protect her without her knowledge (a bit like daddy long-legs).

I’m really looking forward to tomorrows episode now that the story is properly set up and Hyun Jin is unsurprisingly revealed to be his next target – at least we know he’s not fulfilling this job (yet) or we would not need a 16-episode run for this show. Let the game begin…

Is it 16-episode or 12-episode? I've seen some post, that said it'll be 12..

Archived