[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

0ly40

Ok, so I was kinda surprised that DHJ's adoptive mom actually knows full well that her real daughter is dead. It's quite messed up - she's basically playing house with a replacement of her daughter.  

I finally understood the whole thing about adoption within that orphanage. So basically those scientists needed an orphanage to disguise their shady biological experiments, so they kept normal orphans there in case anyone where to check. They treated them like slaves and LYE was one of them. It also explains why none of them got adopted since they were needed there as a disguise. Then those shady people also raised kids that were born from artificial insemination to act as future donors for high profile people. So theoretically these high profile people are biological fathers of these kids, since they need a perfect donor. Later on they adopt these kids and here's why the adoption is necessary - in Korea you either wait in line for a donor or you need a person who's legally your family member, then you can use him as a donor right away if he/she is fit for it. This might be why SH was there with the real DHJ - he must've been adopted by DHJ's dad so that he can be used as a donor for DHJ but she ended up dying before they could do anything. Since SH wasn't needed anymore and they needed to get rid of all the numbered kids to hide their wrongdoings, DHJ's dad ordered to kill SH. Here's where the whole "your father was the one who ordered to kill you" talk comes from, since real DHJ's dad is biologically SH's father as well. I guess they also couldn't just kill SH like the others because he was legally adopted by DHJ's dad so that's why they tried to make it look like a DUI. I still don't quite get SG's story. So she is one of the numbered kids as well but did her grandfather know it, as in was she supposed to be his future donor as well or not? She seemed to have a good relationship with him so I don't know. And how did the bad guys know that SH is  still alive? Seems like Pavel didn't do a good job covering up the fact that he spared SH. 

Here's a cute BTS 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2019 at 3:27 PM, nateko said:

Ok, so I was kinda surprised that DHJ's adoptive mom actually knows full well that her real daughter is dead. It's quite messed up - she's basically playing house with a replacement of her daughter.  

I finally understood the whole thing about adoption within that orphanage. So basically those scientists needed an orphanage to disguise their shady biological experiments, so they kept normal orphans there in case anyone where to check. They treated them like slaves and LYE was one of them. It also explains why none of them got adopted since they were needed there as a disguise. Then those shady people also raised kids that were born from artificial insemination to act as future donors for high profile people. So theoretically these high profile people are biological fathers of these kids, since they need a perfect donor. Later on they adopt these kids and here's why the adoption is necessary - in Korea you either wait in line for a donor or you need a person who's legally your family member, then you can use him as a donor right away if he/she is fit for it. This might be why SH was there with the real DHJ - he must've been adopted by DHJ's dad so that he can be used as a donor for DHJ but she ended up dying before they could do anything. Since SH wasn't needed anymore and they needed to get rid of all the numbered kids to hide their wrongdoings, DHJ's dad ordered to kill SH. Here's where the whole "your father was the one who ordered to kill you" talk comes from, since real DHJ's dad is biologically SH's father as well. I guess they also couldn't just kill SH like the others because he was legally adopted by DHJ's dad so that's why they tried to make it look like a DUI. I still don't quite get SG's story. So she is one of the numbered kids as well but did her grandfather know it, as in was she supposed to be his future donor as well or not? She seemed to have a good relationship with him so I don't know. And how did the bad guys know that SH is  still alive? Seems like Pavel didn't do a good job covering up the fact that he spared SH.

Interesting analysis...

First time seeing both actors... the main actor is very stiff and lack emotion isnt it? Probably that is his character.... I saw this drama and it reminds me a bit of Healer... though Healer didnt go around killing people... hehe

@nateko Almost done catching up! I have to say that the scientist Ko Hyeon Woo is not different from the chairman Jo Jae Hwan. He knows that the killer is number 88 and keeps calling him like that. He just considers 88 as a killing machine that's why he wants him to pay for his failure. In reality, the scientist is not doing it for the sake of these killed kids. He is just determined to ruin the chairman Jo and his accomplices for ruining his life. If he had the interest of the kids from that orphanage in his heart, he wouldn't try to hurt 88 and LYE. 

I hope, KSH survives all this because in the end, he is the biggest victim. He only became a killer because he had no other choice. LYE became a detective because she was lucky to escape a terrible fate. 

48 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nateko Almost done catching up! I have to say that the scientist Ko Hyeon Woo is not different from the chairman Jo Jae Hwan. He knows that the killer is number 88 and keeps calling him like that. He just considers 88 as a killing machine that's why he wants him to pay for his failure. In reality, the scientist is not doing it for the sake of these killed kids. He is just determined to ruin the chairman Jo and his accomplices for ruining his life. If he had the interest of the kids from that orphanage in his heart, he wouldn't try to hurt 88 and LYE. 

I hope, KSH survives all this because in the end, he is the biggest victim. He only became a killer because he had no other choice. LYE became a detective because she was lucky to escape a terrible fate. 

I think that KHW also hates KSH because DJH is his biological father but at this point, KHW is so engulfed in his revenge that he doesn't care about anyone else, not even the innocent SG who's one of the kids from the orphanage. I wouldn't be surprised if he sacrifices that double agent secretary that's working with him (still wonder what's her identity). As for KSH and LYE, I really hope both of them survive and SG and dog Grey too. 

@philosophie @nateko @blademan

Kill it: Masters and dogs

• Kim Soo Hyun the dog and his masters
image-21.png?w=660
Episode 1: our main protagonist Kim Soo Hyun during a training as assassin.

The first episode starts with a young boy running in the woods in Russia. Although we don’t know the child’s identity, right from the start the viewer realizes that the boy with strange blue eyes is trained to become an assassin because of the rules told by an adult, the boy’s master:

• Rule number 1: Never reveal a client’s identity to anyone
  • Rule number 2: Never keep a witness alive
  • Rule number 3: Stay alive

It is clear that during his training, the boy is remembering his master’s rules, until he has to face a dog. Pavel orders Kim Soo Hyun to kill the dog.

image-22.png?w=660

While watching this scene, I couldn’t help myself associating this terrible training to the famous experiment of the Russian physiologist Ivan Pavlov with dogs. First, Pavel sounds so similar to Pavlov, then we hear and see a dog. For further explanations, you can read about it there:
https://educationalgames.nobelprize.org/educational/medicine/pavlov/readmore.html

The Russian scientist developed the classical conditioning/Pavlovian Conditioning and in the K-drama, we see how Pavel is using the same method in order to turn our main character into a killer. Yet, in this scene Pavel fails as the boy refuses to kill the dog.

The reason is quite simple: Kim Soo Hyun perceives himself as a dog (see the first picture above) hence he can not shoot his “parent”. Besides, both have blue eyes reinforcing their similarities. The “dog” Kim Soo Hyun refuses to obey its master hence the latter punishes the boy. Yet in the long run, our main character can not escape his fate: he becomes a professional killer. On the other hand, his stubbornness to defy Pavel’s order in this scene allowed him to keep dogs around him. His closeness to animals and especially dogs let him become a veterinarian on the surface.

However, the more episodes we see, the more human Kim Soo Hyun becomes. He starts protecting more and more people: first Kang Seul Ki, a young girl whom KSH refused to eliminate, although she was a witness in a murder.

Later, he takes care of Pavel who is suffering from dementia like a good son and even tries to protect Pavel till the end. The assassin Pavel regrets his decision to have turned KSH into a killer and advises him to live like a normal person. Then he doesn’t kill Tae Soo and the witness, although he could have.

We see that little by little, KSH’s conditioning is disappearing. First, he started questioning Pavel’s rules. Finally, Kim Soo Hyun even refuses to follow his client’s order (episode 6). We can see that KSH is no longer following orders. The question is now, if Kim Soo Hyun will be able to take control of his life, as so far he has lived more like a dog obeying to his masters: Pavel, Philip Ahn and the clients.

• The congressman Seo Won Seok, Tae Soo and the chairman Do Jae Hwan

However, Kim Soo Hyun is not the only “dog” in this story.

Spoiler

image-24.png?w=660

Episode 5: the congressman Seo Won Seok talking to Tae Soo

Notice the words used by the congressman. He never mentions the word “dog”, nevertheless he is referring to this animal as he keeps talking about a leash. The man describes himself as a dog who did the dirty work for his master: “blood on our hands”. The master gave him the order “kill it”. The beholder gets aware that just like Kim Soo Hyun, Seo Won Seok is unwilling to remain like a dog. He wants to become the master himself, which is different from just taking control of his own life. So Seo Won Seok’s goal is different: his greed and ambition are his motivations, while Kim Soo Hyun desires to protected his loved ones.

image-25.png?w=660
episode 6: Tae Soo with the chairman Do Jae Hwan

While the chairman Jo is looking at his hand, he claims that his position as master should never been questioned. He considers himself superior to Tae Soo and the congressman Seo Won Seok. He is not just a master, he is even the owner of the dog. That’s why this terrible man has no problem to order Tae Soo to get rid of the “dog” Seo Won Seok as he is no longer obeying his orders. The master will never dirty his hands, although he is the real murderer and mastermind.

Tae Soo doesn’t question Do Jare Hwan’s position at all. He accepts it as a normality. But will he remain by his side, once he realizes that he could have the same fate than Seo Won Seok. Do Jae Hwan keeps saying that at some point, he needs to get rid of people, since they represent a thread and a burden.

• The scientist Ko Hyeon Woo
Spoiler

image-26.png?w=660

episode 3: the scientist Ko Hyeon Woo is willing to leave the company because he wants to protect his research. He thinks that only the doctor Joo Young Hoon abused his position.

On the surface, the scientist might appear as a good man because he values the lives of the children. However, it becomes clear that he has always viewed these children as his “dogs”, they represent the result of his researches. That’s why he has no problem to use Kim Soo Hyun, one of his “children” to get revenge on the chairman Do Jae Hwan and his accomplices. Sure, he resents KSH even more because he is biologically related to the chairman Do. However, in the episode 6, he is willing to use Kang Seul Ki in order to get more info about the killer he hired. He knows Kang Seul Ki’s fate but he doesn’t feel sorry at all. Furthermore, he has no problem to attempt to kill one of the orphans, Do Hyun Jin/Lee Young Eun. He behaves like a master and treats the children from that orphanage like his puppets. He is in reality not different from the chairman Do.

As conclusion: As time passes on, the killer behaves more and more like a human, whereas the opposite happens to the scientist Ko, the congressman Seo and the chairman Do. In the name of revenge or ambition or greed, these men have no problem to get rid of people.

@bebebisous33 chingu so happy to see you here!! Loved your insightful analysis on the show so far. I do think there are a lot of parallels between the symbol of dogs and the subliminal messages in this show. Maybe that Hanson orphanage was intended to create humans loyal like dogs. Even our female lead, she replaced the daughter like a puppy coming into the home of a family that recently lost their dog. And now she works as a detective, that her father backed her up to do against her mom’s wishes to become a ballerina. Whether it was her idea or not to join the police force, she still seems quite loyal to her dad without knowing her full truth of his involvement in so much corruption.

@bebebisous33bebebisous33 you always be saviour :D

Thanks to make simple presentation about the story.

Should thank to .Table122000 who brought the harvested human organs as the mine plots and that's is true:weary:

How creepy actually science could be use . Made me wonder and lingering with doubt and scared question, when while that's happens who would get more benefits ?and can humans have the rights to surpass the God will ? 

Just watch episode 7 and first time posting in this thread.

I think Soo Hyun and Seul Gi are brother and sister.

Remember Ko Hyun Woo's threat if Soo Hyun didn't kill the target both the mother and daughter will die.

But we know that Mr. Do's real daughter which is the real Do Hyun Jin already dead.

But it says that the mother and daughter are still alive.

And that one line that got us confused "He didn't know his daughter is living with him (Soo Hyun)" not "He is living with his daughter".

So the alive daughter is Seul Gi not the current Do Hyun Jin (Lee Young Eun).

Also when Ko Hyun Woo said about Soo Hyun "He is just like his father, always covered in blood" and at the ending of episode 7 we know that Mr. Do is still running that practice of numbered children. He uses numbered children as donor for the dying upperclass in order to survive this life. And they use the ending scene which is operation room after they operated the number 138 which we know already dead :"( as symbol that Mr. Do always covered in blood.

I think Ko Hyun Woo is also evil. He uses his enemy's son to get revenge and his real target is actually Mr. Do which he is hoping will get killed by his own son.

But what is still get me confused is how can Seulgi be borned after Soo Hyun was not used to save the real Do Hyun Jin.

Did they know that Soo Hyun is a failed product (blue eyes thingy)  and was not able to be the perfect donor hence they decide to dispose him while preparing for another numbered child to be the donor.

But too bad before Seulgi able to become the donor...the real Do Hyun Jin already dead.

Can't wait to see episode 8.

@Yana Mujay Thanks a lot for the compliment! :wub: Actually, the title itself mirrors the relationship between a master and his dog. The master gives the order to the "dog" to kill another "dog". The title is not "kill him" or "kill her"! And this underlines why Ko Hyun Woo is not different from his enemy Do Jae Hwan. He treats Soo Hyun like a dog.

@nateko @cheesethatnotsocheesey A detail caught my attention. The prosecutor's name and the secretary's name sound so similar; Yoon Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Hye. In my opinion, they are working together as they are related. First, he knows a lot about Hansol orphanage. He gave info to DHJ in order to get closer to her but in order to lead her into the "right" direction. From my point of view, Yoon Jae Hyun is there to use Do Hyun Ji. She is supposed to arrest the serial killer, 88. Once he is caught, Yoon Jae Hyun will stop the investigation so that Ko Hyun Woo will not become the target of the investigation. He can get his revenge without being arrested and even suspected. But I hope, Do Hyun Ji will be smarter and even discover the whole truth. First of all, Ko Hyun Woo and his accomplices are not interested in stopping the illegal organ transplants. Ji Hye is well aware about this because she is close to the chairman Do. Yet, she doesn't do anything to stop this. 

I hope, Kim Soo Hyun survives all this because in the end, he was just a tool for these evil persons who always saw him as a tool or as a killing machine. Furthermore, I also hope that Do Hyun Ji realizes the prosecutor's involvement very soon. In the preview, he keeps talking about the past and shows no interest to the present. She needs to question his knowledge. How does he know all this? I am also curios about his relationship with Ko Hyun Woo. 

Omoo...yes " Kill it" just it.

Abcdfjzxxxxx:tired:

@bebebisous33bebebisous33 

The harvest of human organs still felt creepy and how they treating a kids is unbelievable disgusting tbh.

But my curiosity and the chemistry  the otp held me to check early each new updates come out. 

back to mine topics Seemed DO start to investigate the Secretary now. and the orphanage wardens been interviewed by police this good opportunity to DHJ/LJE to prevail the story behind  the notebook killed case but seeing She lost herself like that made me even pitied her, how could she accepted the facts that Her adoptive father is the mastermind behind that  projects and the real evils.

The others hands the scientists/gardener have monitoring KSH and listed all his weakness.it would be twisted plot when the gardener and KSH become ally  to reveal DO true face.

42 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Omoo...yes " Kill it" just it.

Abcdfjzxxxxx:tired:

@bebebisous33bebebisous33 

The harvest of human organs still felt creepy and how they treating a kids is unbelievable disgusting tbh.

But my curiosity and the chemistry  the otp held me to check early each new updates come out. 

back to mine topics Seemed DO start to investigate the Secretary now. and the orphanage wardens been interviewed by police this good opportunity to DHJ/LJE to prevail the story behind  the notebook killed case but seeing She lost herself like that made me even pitied her, how could she accepted the facts that Her adoptive father is the mastermind behind that  projects and the real evils.

The others hands the scientists/gardener have monitoring KSH and listed all his weakness.it would be twisted plot when the gardener and KSH become ally  to reveal DO true face.

Unlike you, I don't wish KSH to join his hands with KHW and YJH because they are just considering him and even DHJ as tools for their revenge. They are not better than Do in my eyes.

What KHW and YJH are not aware of is the deep relationship between KSH and LYE. They don't know how both are linked to the past therefore KHW saw his "love" for LYE as a weakness. Nevertheless, the detective's feelings for KSH could play in his favor in the end. She will try to dig deeper than the prosecutor Yoon wants her to. From my point of view, their plan is to use KSH as scapegoat. The investigation will reveal: Subject 88 survived therefore he sought revenge. Yet, this plan is not going to work for three reasons:

- Do and his accomplice haven't stopped their "business"

- DHJ/LYE's real past will come to play a huge part in her investigation. She saw that someone took care of the wound of Kang Seul Gi. The latter saw Pavel killing her grandfather and the man and not KSH. DHJ will figure it out on her own. Furthermore, she remembered Tae Soo as terrible man that's why she will find out that he was the one who poisoned the politician Seo.

- KSH will do anything to stop Do's business which contradicts the revenge. KSH will look for the new "orphanage" with the kids. 

Archived