[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

0ly40

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gonna leave this awesome fan video here (someone really knows what they are doing, an awesome edit)

As for the drama...well, I like it so far and I guess it all comes down to the fact that I didn't have any expectations, so my disappointment is also close to zero. The drama is sleek and the visuals are on point, count me in. :kiss_wink: 

I'm probably the only one not very happy with "Kill It". :D

It's quite predictable. Here we have a boy who was raised to be an assassin by his foster father. I love the foster father btw, I really enjoyed his character in Mr. Sunshine. So obviously, the boy grew up to be a skilled killer. Even the rules are nothing new. 

Then we moved on to the female protagonist. An outstanding police officer who happens to be the daughter of the most influential, powerful, and wicked family. I feel like I know where this is going to end. It's really quite predictable. Then they're gonna fall in love. Then he will eventually break the rules his foster father built for him for his own good. Then they both will get hurt. Then she will know his true identity but she too has fallen in love already, so... she will end up helping him. 

Come on.., let's demand for a more creative storyline that is far from predictable! :D

33 minutes ago, Chikadora said:

It's quite predictable. Here we have a boy who was raised to be an assassin by his foster father. I love the foster father btw, I really enjoyed his character in Mr. Sunshine. So obviously, the boy grew up to be a skilled killer. Even the rules are nothing new. 

Then we moved on to the female protagonist. An outstanding police officer who happens to be the daughter of the most influential, powerful, and wicked family. I feel like I know where this is going to end. It's really quite predictable. Then they're gonna fall in love. Then he will eventually break the rules his foster father built for him for his own good. Then they both will get hurt. Then she will know his true identity but she too has fallen in love already, so... she will end up helping him. 

Come on.., let's demand for a more creative storyline that is far from predictable! :D

You're definitely not the only one. :D Actually, from what I've seen, there are far more people who don't like it that those who do. I get where they are coming from, the criticism is valid. I agree with all the points you've stated about the predictable plot but there's little that can be done here at this point. I'm just glad that I'm so busy with real life that I'm being blissfully ignorant to what I'm watching right now, otherwise, I'd be criticising this drama with the rest of you. OCN's dramas were pretty hit-or-miss this year. Priest was a let down after the success of The guest but Kill it seems like an improvement, so I'm hopeful. I don't think the main leads will have a happy ending even if they'll fall in love. Just don't see how this relationship could possibly work. Yes, he might be hot but who knows how many people he killed and how many of them were simply witnesses and not drug lords. She's a police officer + he might've killed her boyfriend, so I have no idea how they can possibly have even a semi-happy ending. We should make a bet about who will make it out alive between the two. I think he'll die in the end. 

1 hour ago, Chikadora said:

Sort of agree that it's not the most creative show so far and I am someone that a bit disappointed with how it has started but you're oversimplifying it quite a bit.

Especially because it looks ike the FL's "family" is probably the ML's real family. His dad wanted to kill him for some reason. Assuming his sister also died/is around somewhere. Or the girl in the family pic could be a friend when he was young which is the FL (this would be lame though and predictable with the childhood connection kdramas love). Or they're brother and sister which would definitely move the show into a more unpredictable and dark territory but I'd be surprised if they went that way.

There are plot threads there to make it interesting and unpredictable but considering there's only 12 episodes hopefully these start getting threaded soon.

Also hopefully no-more cringy slo-mo's like the one we got at the end of episode 2 - I wanted a dark thriller damn it

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Also hopefully no-more cringy slo-mo's like the one we got at the end of episode 2 - I wanted a dark thriller damn it

I don’t watch a lot of Korean dramas so I could be wrong but I feel like when it comes to dramas, the action/thriller/dark/gory theme never really satisfy me but I guess because it can be too violent so they don’t go that extreme. I still think the first IRIS drama is probably the most satisfying action drama I’ve watched. Kill It has potential.. was hoping for at least 16 episodes. I think 12 is too short to cover their storyline and including their past but overall, I actually enjoy watching this drama. 

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

....and I'm gonna stop lurking on this thread so that Kill It isn't wrecked for me.  I wish that people would share good things instead of just negatives.  It's very discouraging.  

Sorry you feel that way. Definitely not intending for you to be discouraged. However, that’s what this industry is all about. It’s very rare for a show to satisfy all viewers 100%. No matter how good, or bad, vice versa - they are. Also, as a consumer, we all have our rights to critic and/or love the show.  

There are definitely good parts of Kill It. Like the cinematography, the casts, etc. just not very happy with the storyline... 

2 hours ago, elizabeth said:

I don’t watch a lot of Korean dramas so I could be wrong but I feel like when it comes to dramas, the action/thriller/dark/gory theme never really satisfy me but I guess because it can be too violent so they don’t go that extreme. I still think the first IRIS drama is probably the most satisfying action drama I’ve watched. Kill It has potential.. was hoping for at least 16 episodes. I think 12 is too short to cover their storyline and including their past but overall, I actually enjoy watching this drama. 

Agreed- I found out the hard way.

I was into Korean films way before shows and films like I Saw the Devil, The Man from Nowhere, The Chaser, Memories of Murder, Bedevilled, Dirty Carnival, Oldboy etc I absolutely loved and it was what made me try some Korean shows out. Remember posting on the the kdrama recommends reddit page to give me something similar and I must have tried like 4/5 shows before realising it's futile

I always found the disconnect between the content for film and tv shows off in SK, as some of their films are so richard simmons up - but I guess it's more down to the limitations of what they can show on TV because those films I mentioned didn't seem to do too bad in the Korean box office so there's clearly an audience there if they did it.

Have finished Ep.1-2:

Enjoyed the episodes, even if some of the fight scenes logic didn't make sense to me. I also didn't like the  end scenes of Ep. 2 where DHJ & the police are raiding the mafia/sex traffickers hideout. The actions and reactions of DHJ  police woman character didn't ring true for me.  The whole scene was awkward.  I'm guessing the little girl in the wheelchair is Soo Hyun's biological sister and the woman is his mother? I don't think Soo Hyun and Hyun Jin are blood related.  From the flashbacks, Hyun Jin was  taken in by the family to be a substitute daughter. My guess is that the little sister died and the mother couldn't handle it, so the father's solution was to find a lookalike, which is Do Hyun Jin.  We saw him telling Hyun Jin about how the photograph on the wall was "your and your mom's favorite ballerina,remember that", so DHJ was obviously supposed to replace the daughter.  I'll be interested to learn more about why the father ordered Soo Hyun killed. Also, is the  family secretary the client?  I thought she kind of looked like the woman who visited Philip's apartment to order the asassinations.  I wonder what was the significance of the house with the creepy statues of children that got blown up? Loved the "date" at the shooting arcade, and how are 2 leads are getting interested in each other. I'm looking forward to the next episodes. 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:17 PM, anony12345 said:

Agree. 

If you've ever seen dramas like Mr. Sunshine, its filled with slo mo effects and dramatized music. These are fine in melodramas or panoramic/scenic views but for an action/thriller w/ close up shots, these kinds of sequence makes scenes that's suppose to have high octane energy to lose impact/tension.

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Does anyone know the airing schedule for VIU?  I know the drama is Sat-Sun, but I thought I read somewhere that VIU schedule is Sun-Mon? Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure that is correct. Because it is being subbed, it gets released a day later.

Well today's episode was pretty intense, not sure about what was going on but I'll wait for the subs of course.

Not suprised with the love scenes, I read some articles that came out during actors casting and they described the drama as "melo-thriller" so.

I'm anticipating DHJ's reaction when she'll know that KSH probably killed her ex boyfriend. I don't think she will completely turn against him, they will probably team up in the last few episodes against DHY's father. Anyway, this drama screams sad ending.

53 minutes ago, imnanastyle said:

Well today's episode was pretty intense, not sure about what was going on but I'll wait for the subs of course.

Not suprised with the love scenes, I read some articles that came out during actors casting and they described the drama as "melo-thriller" so.

Hide contents

I'm anticipating DHJ's reaction when she'll know that KSH probably killed her ex boyfriend. I don't think she will completely turn against him, they will probably team up in the last few episodes against DHY's father. Anyway, this drama screams sad ending.

After today's episode, I don't think KSH was the one who killed her boyfriend. Seul Gi had a flashback where she saw a man wearing a green coat next to the body of DHJ's boyfriend and then sometime later KSH found her, but he was wearing a black leather coat, so there were at least two people at the crime scene that day. 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:17 PM, anony12345 said:

Sort of agree that it's not the most creative show so far and I am someone that a bit disappointed with how it has started but you're oversimplifying it quite a bit.

Especially because it looks ike the FL's "family" is probably the ML's real family. His dad wanted to kill him for some reason. Assuming his sister also died/is around somewhere. Or the girl in the family pic could be a friend when he was young which is the FL (this would be lame though and predictable with the childhood connection kdramas love). Or they're brother and sister which would definitely move the show into a more unpredictable and dark territory but I'd be surprised if they went that way.

There are plot threads there to make it interesting and unpredictable but considering there's only 12 episodes hopefully these start getting threaded soon.

Oh jeez it looks like this is what we're getting in the end - can't help but be a bit disappointed.

Feel like Nana might be the girl that "died" in the fire - whether or not the dad knew that when he adopted her is another thing. Can just envisage a scene later on where the guy he tried to frame for killing his family with the fire will be close to getting his revenge and then the FL's adopted dad will be like "Your daughters alive" . Maybe he adopted her to keep her close for this exact reason.

Also it'd make sense that the FL's real dad (if he is that) would know the truth about the ML's past as he was good friends with the FL's adopted dad who is supposedly the ML's real dad (all the talk about IV treatment and the research makes me think the ML could have been conceived through IVF or something along those lines but that's a reach) - it'd then be a massive coincidence for both kids to meet at an orphanage but it's a kdrama so.

So the secretary the adopted dad is getting with is working with the real dad that was framed as she's the one doing the ordering on the real dads behalf (for reasons unknown) to get revenge on everyone that wronged him and is using the knowledge the real FL's dad has of his childhood to entice him. Assuming the FL is on that list because he thinks she's his enemies daughter and he killed his so.

Also looks like they're mimicking what happened with the main lead and his "mentor" with the ML and the girl - assuming he was ordered to kill her as well (/get rid of witnesses) but didn't. He then decided to stay close to watch out for her whilst she led a normal life, choosing a different route to his mentor. What's the link between the FL's dead boyfriend and the girl, have they mentioned?

Not gonna lie throughout episode 3 I was getting pretty frustrated with the story as it hasn't been what I was hoping for (some predictable thing were happening and he wasn't being ruthless) and was thinking I'll just wait for the whole show to finish, seeing the general consensus and then deciding - but luckily he pulled the trigger at the end of the ep because if he didn't I feel like I would have definitely ditched out. 

Archived