[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

0ly40

I am secretly hoping for a romance between the two leads, but since this is on OCN, their romance might just be along the lines of flirting with one another and that's it. 

It's like the drama "Mad Dog" where two main characters seemed like they were getting together, but at the same time, they weren't really.

I just hope this story stays on track and doesn't start spanning random stories throughout the show.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished ep2

• I honestly don't know yet where the drama is heading to, everything still is kinda confusing, I mean we slowly get introduced into everyones background and trouble they have to deal with.
  • Nana somehow fails at being the "excellent" detective she was introduced or described as mutliple times, she already got saved twice by SH, other than her dart moments, it doesn't feel like she is that outstanding cop. It almost feels like she always needs protection and that saddens me, because I really want her to be that cop.
    But so far she somehow doesn't feel like one.
  • Seul Gi is probably the character I'm currently most interested at, since she seems like a very, very nice person who sympathizes a lot with people, but has to mime this cold, rude, almost snobby rich kid. The moment where she changed the elevator, got rid of the boxes and waited for HJ arrival were cute.
  • It almost feels like they want to create a romantic story around SH and HJ. The frequency of scenes they had together and almost "dates" they went to, it definitely looks like HJ will have a crush on him. A loveline between the main-leads would be something new to OCN.
    But I don't think it will happen, because after all. SH is a killer and I don't think HJ would date him the moment she realizes. I also feel like JH plays a major part of HJ dead boyfriend. 
  • I don't know if I'm hooked or not, because I don't feel like the drama knows where it wants to be, the ending scene almost reminded me of "Healer". 
  • @jesstrisThe two main character of Mad Dog were a couple at the end. :D 

On 3/23/2019 at 11:29 PM, chuscho said:

Is it 16-episode or 12-episode? I've seen some post, that said it'll be 12..

MyDramaList says 12.  

March 23 - April 28.

....I'm just lurking through and trying to ignore all the negative comments I've seen so far.  Really puts me off, and I just want to enjoy watching JKY being amazing.

Some people are saying that OCN doesn't develop romance in their dramas, I watched OCN's Black and there was romance between the main pair with two little kisses as far as I remember. Obviously it wasn't the main point of the drama but the romance development was cleary there. 

4 hours ago, paolaadl said:

Some people are saying that OCN doesn't develop romance in their dramas, I watched OCN's Black and there was romance there with two little kisses as far as I remember. Obviously it wasn't the main point of the drama but the romance development was cleary there. 

There's definitely romance here and there in some OCN dramas. The thing is Soohyun is a assassin/killer. I prefer Soohyun and Hyun Jin as platonic pair who confides in/help one another.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:34 PM, hell59 said:

Is Viki subbing this drama?

No. :tears:  But the drama is being subbed by VIU, so there will be subs available.

4 hours ago, paolaadl said:

Some people are saying that OCN doesn't develop romance in their dramas, I watched OCN's Black and there was romance between the main pair with two little kisses as far as I remember. Obviously it wasn't the main point of the drama but the romance development was cleary there. 

There was also romance in OCN drama My Beautiful Bride.

Hi Everyone-

I'm looking forward to checking this drama out-it sounds cool! Not going to lie, I am really hoping that there is a romance between the 2 leads here. Romantic suspense/mystery is my drama catnip, and I think OCN has the potential to combine mystery/action/thriller/romance genres well.  I've seen several OCN shows that contain hints of romance, like Squad 38, so if they could just up the romance factor a little bit more, I'll be in heaven. I thought  OCN My Beautiful Bride did a pretty good job balancing the love story with the action and mystery elements, so I'm hoping for something similar here. 

The premise of cop vs. criminal, cat and mouse game reminds me of the film "Out of Sight" starring George Clooney & Jennifer Lopez. Of course the tone of that film is much lighter and more comedic.  Looking forward to everyone's thoughts and analysis on this drama.

6 hours ago, paolaadl said:

Just finished watching both episodes. I'm liking a lot but I have so many questions.

I don't think they're siblings because in the preview of the next episode Hyun Jin says "It rained on the last day I saw that friend too". Than Seul Gi asks: "Soo Hyun, don't you have any friends you remember?" than he said "I don't remember any". I think that if they were really siblings they'd be talking about siblings, not friends. Also the lyrics of the first OST "Forever Love" are pretty romantic in my opinion. Next week we'll have more answers about their past, let's see.

I think they were friends too and Hyunjin is a replacement of Soohyun's might-or-surely-be-sister.

Edit: I'm breathing more easily now because of this lol.

On 3/24/2019 at 12:55 PM, jongski said:

Just finished d raw of Ep 2 . I'm totally waned down from excitement of Ep1. I got bored. Too many annoying flashbacks during second half. It's not even the kind of flashback that I like in drama (ie : MBB awesome flashback, dream in a dream type).

My Beautiful Bride has great flashback sequences accompanied with solid music composition. OCN's other shows like Life in Mars, the director does a superb job/keen eyes for flashback/dream-like sequences that serves as a metaphorical symbolism for the lead character's state of mind. The directing for Kill It is fair but for an action/thriller, it doesn't have the grit/intensity of BadGuys 1&2/MBB in terms of fight choreography/cinematography. But then again, there's only 2 episodes out. It seems the director is from the same department that directed 100 days My Prince?

Things I've noticed about SH as an assassin so far is that he appears/cuts into places too seamlessly. The process of him conducting himself for a 

task/hit(ex:getting ready, retrieving weapons/tools, infiltrating whereabouts, investigating, analyzing) needs a bit more depth/detail. He lacks a sense of flair. The same thing can be said about the detective/

procedural part for Hyun Jin's character.

My theory is that I have a feeling KSH is probably the real son and the girl in the picture is his real sister but I’m not sure where his blue eyes came from. Maybe it’s a rare disease that he’s born with it.. idk.. The dad (Do Jae Hwan) which is not DHJ’s real dad as she’s adopted to replace the real daughter (which is why she understands Seul Gi’s pain) wanted to kill KSH for whatever reasons as Pavel said, “your father tried to kill you” or something along that line.. so I’m thinking DHJ’s adoptive dad is KSH’s real dad which is why he have to kill DHJ in order to find out about his past. In the preview of ep. 3 the dad said “I did my part, now you do your part.” Meaning he probably have something to do with KSH’s past. As I mentioned from my previous comment, KSH and DHJ’s past may connect somehow..

Yep. Their scenes are nice backdrop of sunrise/set...

Edit: but  I don't want a romance. I don't feel it. With them.. but that's just me. ( Still waiting episode 2 sub)

Just finished watching epispode 1 with sub. And from what I understood, the care taker of the building where KSH stays  said a high school senior owns the building... and she's like a well-off orphan. So referring to her? About to watch episode 2 now.

So I just finished episode 2 with sub. I understood better.  So according to Pavel (ep 1) the person who tried to kill KSY was his own father.. who is likely the one who adopted DHJ.  She was brought to paicy and subdue the mother who has depression.

3 hours ago, elizabeth said:

My theory is that I have a feeling KSH is probably the real son and the girl in the picture is his real sister but I’m not sure where his blue eyes came from. Maybe it’s a rare disease that he’s born with it.. idk.. The dad (Do Jae Hwan) which is not DHJ’s real dad as she’s adopted to replace the real daughter (which is why she understands Seul Gi’s pain) wanted to kill KSH for whatever reasons as Pavel said, “your father tried to kill you” or something along that line.. so I’m thinking DHJ’s adoptive dad is KSH’s real dad which is why he have to kill DHJ in order to find out about his past. In the preview of ep. 3 the dad said “I did my part, now you do your part.” Meaning he probably have something to do with KSH’s past. As I mentioned from my previous comment, KSH and DHJ’s past may connect somehow..

@elizabeth Yup. The mother may have become like that because of what happened to KSY when he was child?

Maybe that man isn't his real father either?  Maybe he is just the stepfather?  Or maybe not.  I'm trying to figure out why he would want to kill his own son. 

As for the blue eyes thing.  I think it is possible that he might have Waardenburg syndrome which causes discoloration in the eyes---which would also makes sense considering the original title was "blue eyes".  

I am somewhat let down by the directing of the drama.  It seems to skip around randomly and doesn't allow the viewers to connect with the characters.  Although I do enjoy the fight scenes---not so much with the explosion scenes because it just doesn't make sense to me.  Also I don't understand why after Kim Soon Hyun escaped the explosion, he suddenly had a lack of interest in wanting to find out who caused it.  I know he was threatened but still...

I am hoping for a lot of things to make sense later in the upcoming episodes so I can enjoy it more rather than trying to focus on the silly details.

That scene where they took a stroll together, it was obvious she came off a little flirty.  I also have a gut feeling they are not related but they have ties.  There are more questions than answers so let the unraveling begin.

I actually thought their unexpected "shooting" date was rather cute.

47 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

I really want to watch this series, but Netflix and Viki both don't have it. Can someone send me a direct message about where I can watch it? I hope that's okay with the forum rules. 

Check your messages.  ;)

Archived